Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gloryhold It! posted:

What we need is an argument about dog scores

Which system is best for scoring dogs: wrestling, judo, boxing, or rythymnic gymnastics (ball)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

I have 2 friends who are now dating, both of whom I have been friends with for years before they started dating. If they one day got married and then the dude was cheating on her for months at a time, I'd be pretty hard pressed not to say anything to her and I probably would say "either you tell her when we get back or I will" and not budge on that.

Dude is being an extra douche for not being discrete and involving someone else in his deceit and infidelity, he shouldn't expect special treatment and if he was a better friend he wouldn't put a 3rd party in that situation to begin with.

I think that would be a case of making something more broken than it is. If a person's life isn't being altered in some unhealthy way like being kept from school, just don't touch it. If just knowing about it compels you to turn a consequence into reality, that is a choice you make to be a troublemaker. You are literally a catalyst for trouble. There are so many benefits to your life for keeping your mouth shut that it's self-destructive to say something. Neither one of them will want to stay in touch with you. If the mistress is a disease vector then sure, someone's health is being endangered and he's poo poo so maybe bring that trouble into your life and use this opportunity to find better friends. Hold yourself accountable for what you think is right and don't try to do it for other people. Basically just mind your own business.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Gloryhold It! posted:

What we need is an argument about dog scores

Doge scores. For loans denominated in doge coins.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elsa posted:

I think that would be a case of making something more broken than it is. If a person's life isn't being altered in some unhealthy way like being kept from school, just don't touch it. If just knowing about it compels you to turn a consequence into reality, that is a choice you make to be a troublemaker. You are literally a catalyst for trouble. There are so many benefits to your life for keeping your mouth shut that it's self-destructive to say something. Neither one of them will want to stay in touch with you. If the mistress is a disease vector then sure, someone's health is being endangered and he's poo poo so maybe bring that trouble into your life and use this opportunity to find better friends. Hold yourself accountable for what you think is right and don't try to do it for other people. Basically just mind your own business.

If the wife is also my friend then that's not cool asking me to betray one friend for another right?

Normally I wouldn't get involved in people's poo poo but that dude is forced into involvement by his lovely friend.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

elsa are you obsessed with betrayal because you, yourself, keep facilitating your friends doing it to other people

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I Was The Fury posted:

I was a pretty picky eater when I was young, but around age 10 I started being more open to the foods around me, and around age 18 I started actively ordering things I've never had. One particular food I still don't like is raw onion, and my parents still give me poo poo and call me a picky eater when I order things without onion. Nevermind that I eat every other vegetable on the plate, that I'm trying escargot, gator, sea urchin, and other things I would have never touched 10 years ago, and that I can actually cook meals that everyone likes now. No, I'm still an rear end in a top hat picky eater because raw onions suck.
Your parents just sound like they're either assholes or trying to make it some sort of family joke. A lot of people don't like raw onions and it's easy to get a dish without em.

Elsa posted:

What the gently caress. Also "disease vector" is a p gross way to refer to someone.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

If the wife is also my friend then that's not cool asking me to betray one friend for another right?

Normally I wouldn't get involved in people's poo poo but that dude is forced into involvement by his lovely friend.
Yeah I dunno if I could simply live with the knowledge that my friend is getting constantly disrespected, I'd have to tell them. Plus often times the person being cheated on does suspect something/gets a bad vibe about it and to cover their tracks the cheater has to be an even shittier person who flips it back on them being distrusting/controlling/etc, you'd have to be a garbage tier friend to just let someone live through that for any length of time.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

no one's being forced and certainly not you. The only person who might be grateful in that situation is the side woman, and even that's a maybe.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

elsa are you obsessed with betrayal because you, yourself, keep facilitating your friends doing it to other people

Facilitating? Like how, making motel reservations and helping him push?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elsa posted:

no one's being forced and certainly not you. The only person who might be grateful in that situation is the side woman, and even that's a maybe.

Facilitating? Like how, making motel reservations and helping him push?

Bro.

I have 2 friends. One friend betrays another in front of me and asks me to be complicit in their betrayal by keeping silent. If I do this, I am also now betraying the 3rd friend. I do not want to do that.

It is very simple.

Also for someone about to run away to SE Asia to escape glamorization of infidelity you seem real quick to say don't worry about it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

Your parents just sound like they're either assholes or trying to make it some sort of family joke. A lot of people don't like raw onions and it's easy to get a dish without em.

What the gently caress. Also "disease vector" is a p gross way to refer to someone.

That person you imagine when I say disease vector. Yeah maybe speak up if someone you know is having that brought home to them.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

Bro.

I have 2 friends. One friend betrays another in front of me and asks me to be complicit in their betrayal by keeping silent. If I do this, I am also now betraying the 3rd friend. I do not want to do that.

It is very simple.

For someone about to run away to SE Asia to escape glamorization of infidelity you seem real quick to say don't worry about it.

Live a bit more I guess. And if it eats you, stop being friends. That's never how it happens anyway.

Don't take my joke poo poo literally, naive creampuff.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elsa posted:

Live a bit more I guess. And if it eats you, stop being friends. That's never how it happens anyway.

Live a bit more lmao it's you, you're the piece of poo poo friend.

That's never how it happens except that is literally the situation being described in the post, gooftroop.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Elsa posted:

man you've been awfully cagey about that "joke" Elsa

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If you'd just live a bit more maybe you would become an awful person like me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
We just had a story a bit back where some lady's sister slept with her boyfriend and the mom knew about it and didn't say anything, when the OP found out she understandably hates them both now because they both betrayed her trust.

It would be the same thing in this situation.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I feel like Elsa speaks a slightly different version of English that I'm not quite able to understand. I dunno, like their mom weighs them in a water tank or something.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Disease vector

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

zakharov posted:

Sucks that he was cheated on but he still deserves a Stone Cold Stunner. Also it might be a troll.

his phrasing is (intentionally?) confusing, but Blossoming Viking Beauty Man didn't say that he was cheated on.

quote:

Last nigh she went out with three "old friends" whom she had not seen in over a year. Get this, though - she had slept with one!

the rest of the post is just complaining about her meeting up with these friends, not complaining about any kind of infidelity. especially with the quotes around "old friends", it seems like his complaint is solely that she met up with an old flame (in company!) without getting her boyfriend's permission first.

the viking's life is a lonely one...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think Elsa went to church as a kid

That would explain the "ignore infidelity" and "kill the messenger" bullshit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Elsa posted:

Please tell us more about how the world *really* world, crazy person.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mirthless posted:

I still won't eat a sandwich with loving mayonnaise on it, though. :colbert:

I'm going to take the filling out of a Twinkie and replace it with mayonnaise and give it to you.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

So after being enlightened on how her best friend was going to seduce her boyfriend then seeing her boyfriend pull up she...went home and posted on reddit? She must have some low self-esteem.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

So after being enlightened on how her best friend was going to seduce her boyfriend then seeing her boyfriend pull up she...went home and posted on reddit? She must have some low self-esteem.

Should have at least offered to join in.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

PleasingFungus posted:

his phrasing is (intentionally?) confusing, but Blossoming Viking Beauty Man didn't say that he was cheated on.

the rest of the post is just complaining about her meeting up with these friends, not complaining about any kind of infidelity. especially with the quotes around "old friends", it seems like his complaint is solely that she met up with an old flame (in company!) without getting her boyfriend's permission first.

the viking's life is a lonely one...

You are correct and I withdraw any sympathy I had for him. He now also deserves a Tombstone Piledriver and an RKO.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Elsa posted:

There are so many benefits to your life for keeping your mouth shut that it's self-destructive to say something

:ironicat:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
All I see is snitches

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Das Boo posted:

I feel like Elsa speaks a slightly different version of English that I'm not quite able to understand. I dunno, like their mom weighs them in a water tank or something.

elsa, who pretended to put their hair back into a ponytail in front of you?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Elsa posted:

All I see is snitches

Are you a slow burn Dare rereg or what

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Is it too late for me to deflect by mentioning sushi maybe?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Elsa posted:

Is it too late for me to deflect by mentioning sushi maybe?

Have you tried the costanza method of doing the opposite of what your instincts say

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Elsa I'm curious, is English your first language? Every time I read your posts I get vibe like the main character from Nightcrawler, where he's a human but so deeply strange. it's bizarre...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Gaunab posted:

quote:

Courtney is absolutely stunning, and the stereotypical image of perfect. I can't imagine ANYONE turning her down.

lady got issues

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kullik posted:

I read this as "sushi preists" and it was humorous. i imagine they have long flowing seaweed robes and burn rice instead of incense.

Long flowing seaweed robes, a rice bun for a hat, with signature finishing moves that involve slapping fried-seafood heretics with raw fish and strangling them with trained octopi

Iron Prince posted:

yellowtail would like a word w/ u

This guy knows what's up. It's lean and firm but still very creamy and simply the best. Of course I love every single other type of sushi as well, but if I had to pick one Hamachi all the way

Moridin920 posted:

I have 2 friends who are now dating, both of whom I have been friends with for years before they started dating. If they one day got married and then the dude was cheating on her for months at a time, I'd be pretty hard pressed not to say anything to her and I probably would say "either you tell her when we get back or I will" and not budge on that.

Dude is being an extra douche for not being discrete and involving someone else in his deceit and infidelity, he shouldn't expect special treatment and if he was a better friend he wouldn't put a 3rd party in that situation to begin with.

I'm conflicted about this one. The fact that his friend is a horrible douche is undeniable (and LOL at the Mark Sanford allegory) but personally I get very hesitant about getting involved in other people's love lives. I think in this case because he's good friends with the wife then it may be his responsibility or else he's letting her down, though. Also doesn't seem like the friend plans to change (already got another hiking fuckfest planned) so yeah, in this case I think it is warranted to get involved. Simply telling her while he's gone on the hike and letting her do what she will with that information is probably the best course of action. Also, just stick to what you know for sure.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CannonFodder posted:

Dude! Never be in arrears with Dude dues, dude.

ftfy

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Play posted:

This guy knows what's up. It's lean and firm but still very creamy and simply the best. Of course I love every single other type of sushi as well, but if I had to pick one Hamachi all the way

yellowtail is so great

if you can ever find it on the menu, try hamachi kama sometime - it's the (generally) fried collar of the fish. absolutely amazing.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

I'm conflicted about this one. The fact that his friend is a horrible douche is undeniable (and LOL at the Mark Sanford allegory) but personally I get very hesitant about getting involved in other people's love lives. I think in this case because he's good friends with the wife then it may be his responsibility or else he's letting her down, though. Also doesn't seem like the friend plans to change (already got another hiking fuckfest planned) so yeah, in this case I think it is warranted to get involved. Simply telling her while he's gone on the hike and letting her do what she will with that information is probably the best course of action. Also, just stick to what you know for sure.

It's always iffy because if you get involved then they both might just side against you.

But that dude is about to have a kid with his wife and he's planning vacations with his mistress, the kid doesn't deserve to grow up in a dysfunctional home and at that point the wife has a right to know she's making a huge commitment to a guy who isn't reciprocating.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

purple death ray posted:

Are you a slow burn Dare rereg or what

My guess is a long-unnoticed spoonful of bromide rereg.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

many johnnys posted:

My guess is a long-unnoticed spoonful of bromide rereg.

It's the same kind of "I'm so innocuous, don't pay attention to me (please pay attention to me)" bullshit

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
here's a fun one from today

quote:

I [20M] am am physically attracted **only** to asian girls. Feel like an awful person.Personal issues

submitted 6 hours ago * by iamanawfulperson2017

I wasn't sure where to put this as it's a strange issue. It's not so much an issue with a relationship, it's an issue with my formation of a relationship.

I am a white guy living in the UK, in a fairly multicultural area (but still mostly white area, maybe 60% or so). I have had two girlfriends in the past, one of which was with a white girl long term, and was with an asian girl for a few months, who I am still talking to and miss quite a bit. She was way too lovely and kind to me when breaking up and she really wanted to stay friends so I am.

Anyway my issue is that for the past year or so, I have been hugely attracted to asian features in girls. Slanted eyes, slim and with dark hair are my prefered physical features.

Now I want to say I would not date a girl just because of her race. I just find the physical features most common in asians to be most attractive to me to the point where it is hard to be attracted to anyone (physically/sexually) without features like that. In other words, like some men have physical types like redheads or big girls or girls with glasses, mine happen to by asian features.

It is distressing to me because I google this issue and most of the other guys experiencing this say it is because of the sterotypical cultural traits such as traditionalism and shyness/obedience asian girls show. It is NOT that way for me, and I feel disgusting like I am some kind of pig objectifying girls because I find their physical traits attractive.

It has made it hard for me to find a partner/girlfriend as I do not find any other race physically attractive and i don't know why.

I am just confused and upset and I don't know what to do. It's strange and pathetic and my view of myself because of this is shown clearly in this throwaway's username.

TL;DR - Am white guy. Only asian girls are physically attractive to me. Can't feel sexual attraction to white/black/arab/any other race and IDK why. Feel like a terrible person for having a physical type because it is based on race not just "red hair" or "petite" and I am having trouble finding a partner because of this physical type preference.

reddit managed to nail his issue within an hour of the post going up. can you figure out the Mystery of the Asian Fetishist? (it's not the usual reason!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I [18 M] received kidnap threat from my [22 M] Tumblr fan who has discovered where I live.

quote:

I run a popular gay pop culture Tumblr and often update people on my love life, I received a message in April of this year after being broken up with by a guy who wanted to treat me right.

I received further messages from him which gradually grew creepier so I stopped replying. He felt he knew me, and I'm really not an oversharer - so he was piecing together these small parts of me to form some magical guy which I'm really not.
I mentioned in a post that I wanted an Instax camera, and the next day when I arrived at the gym I go to, I was given an Instax camera by the receptionist (Who's also a classmate, not a friend however.) who stated it was left on their doorway with my full name attached, I brought it inside to avoid it being stolen but I received a message while in the gym from him saying "Glad you liked my gift."

I decided to call my friend to pick me up so I could leave the gym, and gave the camera back to reception. Which, by the way wasn't easy considering how bad I wanted it - anyways back to the point.

After I again didn't reply he started to send up to ten messages a day, some sexual, but none violent - until this morning I received a message in which said he "Couldn't wait to kidnap" me and was gonna make me gag on that...you get the point. I'm very scared, but I'm even more scared knowing that if I call the police - he could accelerate his obsession with me and make that kidnapping fantasy a reality. I'm currently staying at my friends house, the one who picked me up, as my family are away - they aren't happy with me being a blogger and telling them about this will only make them demand I delete my blog, which is my only source of income and at times - joy. What do I do?