Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Pochoclo posted:

My condolences to the families of the 4 victims and the wounded.

Unfortunately rear end in a top hat alt-right politicians are going to use this to destroy the lives of thousands. Looking forward to much more stringent immigration controls that will help prevent absolutely nothing.

it will actually literally just make the problem worse too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ban cars, IMO.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Ban sticks, surely?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's bad for people in the countryside, but banning cars from major cities is a good idea.

Provided of course that it was done alongside a major investment in public transport.

Which is why it will never be done.

We'll probably get extrajudicial drone strikes against cars what look funny or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

That's bad for people in the countryside,

Ban people in the countryside, they vote tory.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Just ban people

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
oh no how terribly inconvenient this is for your partisan narratives

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Breath Ray posted:

Those are desert boots

They're really obviously loafers.

Why am I arguing about this?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I too wish it was the IRA. Proper British terrorists them.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Rakosi posted:

:fuckoff:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rakosi posted:

gently caress off, racist.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They're really obviously loafers.

This photo shows them better:

Private Speech posted:

Better photo of the suspect.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Breath Ray posted:

Get The Look

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I wouldn't storm a sandcastle in them let alone parliament.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Shoechat is the new crispchat.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Breath Ray posted:

I just googled Desert Boots apparently they are these, not boots that are fit for desert operations. I imagine a lot of ISIS guys make the same mistake.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Nah mate, these are dessert boots

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Now if someone did a terrorism in those I would admire their chutzpah, even if I didn't approve of their actions.

Bonus points for full drag.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
There will be cartoons with flags made from blood stains and tyre marks. It is bad that this has become so routine, now.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pochoclo posted:

Looking forward to much more stringent immigration controls that will help prevent absolutely nothing.

Various newsy twitterers are naming the perp as Abu Izzadeen, who was born as Trevor Brooks in Hackney, so maybe not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Izzadeen

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Do the groups actually understand that this poo poo will make things worse for everyone including their brothers in the target nation or are they so blinded by the religion that they just don't give a gently caress. I refuse to believe that some of top level guys arent at a level of intelligence that they haven't actually thought for a moment 'you know what, all this 2nd coming, new york burning, 99 virgins in heaven whatever it is blah blah' stuff, might be a bit iffy.

I do get the Qaddafi plan when he couldn't fight back so he got up to monkey business but these lot don't even have a nation do they.

Maybe its a meta-plan to make us into a police state so we are so loving miserable we rise up and destroy it.

Its all beyond me.

loving religion man, gently caress all them and their followers.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

crispix posted:

There will be cartoons with flags made from blood stains and tyre marks. It is bad that this has become so routine, now.

Gonna have to do a lot of maneuvering to get a union jack out of it though.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Channel 4 news are saying it's Abu Izzadeen. Surely MI5 are in the poo poo if it is him?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

Do the groups actually understand that this poo poo will make things worse for everyone including their brothers in the target nation or are they so blinded by the religion that they just don't give a gently caress. I refuse to believe that some of top level guys arent at a level of intelligence that they haven't actually thought for a moment 'you know what, all this 2nd coming, new york burning, 99 virgins in heaven whatever it is blah blah' stuff, might be a bit iffy.

I do get the Qaddafi plan when he couldn't fight back so he got up to monkey business but these lot don't even have a nation do they.

Maybe its a meta-plan to make us into a police state so we are so loving miserable we rise up and destroy it.

Its all beyond me.

I think that if Daesh cared about Muslims they wouldn't be doing, well, everything they're doing.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Yo prison guys in this thread you're going to have literally all of the public support in the world if you demand rehabilitation of prisoners and strike tomorrow

Seaside Loafer posted:

Do the groups actually understand that this poo poo will make things worse for everyone including their brothers in the target nation or are they so blinded by the religion that they just don't give a gently caress.

It's great for recruitment. Be famous, have everything your current life can't offer you, also we're going to make your homeland a miserable xenophobic wretch

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

c0burn posted:

Channel 4 news are saying it's Abu Izzadeen. Surely MI5 are in the poo poo if it is him?

Just comparing photos they do look similar but what the gently caress do I know.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Seaside Loafer posted:

Its all beyond me.

all the police state poo poo will just radicalise more people and give them more soldiers, that's why most of the attacks target civilians

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Various newsy twitterers are naming the perp as Abu Izzadeen, who was born as Trevor Brooks in Hackney, so maybe not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Izzadeen

He doesn't look like the same guy, but it would probably be much worse if it was him rather than some random. Him having been known for so long and still allowed to be free would prove that obviously we have been far too lenient on suspicious persons.

c0burn posted:

If they now get the right to detain any youtube mujahideen/whoever then surely it's a win.

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 22, 2017

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

that's why most of the attacks target civilians

This is a key point. I don't get their mag so I'm not sure if it's deliberate, but killing civilians is a terrible tactic if you actually want to negotiate, a suicidal tactic if you want to reform, and a fantastic PR campaign for a death cult.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Seaside Loafer posted:

They want to make things poo poo for Muslims in the West, to drive a wedge, increase recruitment, and bring about their desired war of Islam against all others.

The higher ups that is, no idea what the people on the ground are thinking.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Guavanaut posted:

The higher ups that is, no idea what the people on the ground are thinking.

Eating up the daesh propaganda wholesale.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Here are some more dessert boots.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Seaside Loafer posted:

Its all beyond me.

No, thats exactly what the groups who carry these kind of attacks want. They want their attacks to be as brutal and bloody as possible in order to create division. They know the more brutal they are, the more the media, public and government will overreact and create a racist backlash. They WANT ordinary muslims to be victimised and blamed by the non-muslim majority, as they will thus be alienated, thus making radical islamist movements a more attractive prospect for some.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Tortuga posted:

He doesn't look like the same guy, but it would probably be much worse if it was him rather than some random. Him having been known for so long and still allowed to be free would prove that obviously we have been far too lenient on suspicious persons.

If they now get the right to detain any youtube mujahideen/whoever then surely it's a win.

https://twitter.com/RymMomtaz/status/844628115074809856

The plot thickens.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
So is the guy still alive? Sounds like he took around 3-4 shots.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's OK to feel sad about this attack, because it is indeed sad when people are needlessly killed. Please try and keep some sense of proportion however, by recalling that around 1500 people die every day in the UK, including on average 3 a day who die after being found fit to work by the DWP and losing their benefits. The best way to deal with terrorist attacks is to ignore them completely and not give them days of blanket media attention, which only validates such tactics and increases the likelihood of subsequent attacks.

And I understand the irony of me taking this position after our discussion earlier today about how nobody trusts actuaries.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Seaside Loafer posted:

Its all beyond me.

They *want* retribution against Muslims and Muslim-majority countries. They want a holy war between Islam and the West and provoking the West into that war is a lot easier than provoking Muslims.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

and provoking the West into that war is a lot easier than provoking Muslims.

I'm not sure this was initially true.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

big scary monsters posted:

It's OK to feel sad about this attack, because it is indeed sad when people are needlessly killed. Please try and keep some sense of proportion however, by recalling that around 1500 people die every day in the UK, including on average 3 a day who die after being found fit to work by the DWP and losing their benefits. The best way to deal with terrorist attacks is to ignore them completely and not give them days of blanket media attention, which only validates such tactics and increases the likelihood of subsequent attacks.

And I understand the irony of me taking this position after our discussion earlier today about how nobody trusts actuaries.

The way forward is to acknowledge it as a problem and find ways to deal with it.
Sensationalism is to the current political climate what gasoline is to fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Channel 4 News just lost a lot of money in a libel case if this is true.

• Locked thread