Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Antivehicular posted:

So what? Worst-case scenario, she makes a friend instead of a boyfriend.

... well, okay, given this thread, the worst-case scenario is that she gets deeply emotionally entangled with this guy and finds out that he's a virulent racist who showers once every fiscal quarter and only eats de-dusted Flamin' Hot Cheetos, and when she asks him politely not to poo poo his pants in her car he freaks out and chokes her unconscious before throwing her out of the car and driving it off a cliff, but...

they reconcile shortly thereafter and she takes care of him while he recovers from the crash while also paying all the bills on her sole income, but then it turns out he's loving his grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

most straight dude actual sex-havers don't go straight from zero to kneading your dough on the kitchen counter on the first date either, Mirthless

not unless you ask nicely

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Flour date was too cute and nice. Like seriously, somebody punch a dog or something!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Flour date was too cute and nice. Like seriously, somebody punch a dog or something!

Yeah I'd kill for a date like that :unsmith:.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you're at the point where you'd kill for "made food together and laughed"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you're at the point where you'd kill for "made food together and laughed"

That doesn't sound like something you should lol at. Maybe frown a little because the person's life doesn't sound so nice.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

Yeah I'd kill for a date like that :unsmith:.

Pick: dog puncher

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Batterypowered7 posted:

That doesn't sound like something you should lol at. Maybe frown a little because the person's life doesn't sound so nice.

i thought of that as I posted it but Pick's life is in all honesty probably pretty nice aside from the fact that she is surrounded by manlets and I'm sure she doesn't take my late night poo poo posting very seriously (or at least she shouldn't)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

it's nice dude. one of the better ways to spend an afternoon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure it is nice but that's a hella low bar is all I'm sayin

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

How do I become a frumpy middle aged man so I can date and marry a 20 something year old woman who lets me leave poo stains on our marital bed and eat floor pizza.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [21f] had a first date baking-date with my neighbour's grandson [24m] I don't know what to expect from here as he didn't kiss me.

Unfortunately this cute story was ruined for me by the idea of a shut-in fat girl covered in flour by the neighbor boy who left his fedora so he could have an excuse to come back.

awww who am i kidding its still adorable :3

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Play posted:

Unfortunately this cute story was ruined for me by the idea of a shut-in fat girl covered in flour by the neighbor boy who left his fedora so he could have an excuse to come back.

awww who am i kidding its still adorable :3

Dude took that "Your mama so fat" joke a little too seriously.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

therobit posted:

Dude took that "Your mama so fat" joke a little too seriously.

lmbo gross man

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

My [16M] brother [17M] caused an accident and my parents are taking the keys away from me.

quote:

I have to keep this short as possible. My brother was texting and driving and he ran over our little brother in the drive way. He's 6. He just has two broken legs. My parents have taken the keys away from me as well. They've locked them in moms safe and told me to walk. What did I do?

tl;dr: Parents have taken car keys away from me.
bolding mine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean tbf collective punishment seems wrong to me

but yeah lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Blame it on the dog.

Flour fight story was cute. Goons are so cynical; God forbid a guy have a nice friendly time with a woman without taking a poo poo in her bed, stealing her cat and turning her whole family against her for refusing to honor his handfasting responsibilities.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Goons are so used to patholgizing all sorts of behavior that even a normal cute story seems wierd and indicative of poor mental health and or fedora wearing.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HAT FETISH posted:

My [16M] brother [17M] caused an accident and my parents are taking the keys away from me.

bolding mine

there is absolutely more to this story. im guessing both of them were in the car

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

therobit posted:

Goons are so used to patholgizing all sorts of behavior that even a normal cute story seems wierd and indicative of poor mental health and or fedora wearing.

Also, goons are weird maladjusted shut-ins who have no idea what a normal relationship even looks like.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

therobit posted:

For my part, I guess I don't really know people who wear hats regularly and for some reason my mind jumped immediately to fedora.

I did say it was super cute though.

The Lone Badger posted:

Also, goons are weird maladjusted shut-ins who have no idea what a normal relationship even looks like.

Honestly, I think this might be a bit outdated. Far be it from me to praise goons, but times have definitely changed. Many of us are normal people with wives and girlfriends (or husbands and boyfriends), real jobs, and social lives. There used to be a time on this forum where even mentioning having a girlfriend was mocked as some sort of plea for status by weirdos who I guess thought having a girlfriend was an incredibly rare occurrence.

Back in the incel days, you might say

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think goons cartwheeled straight from Incel shut in to boxed wine chugging sadbrains dads behind on their child support payments.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

HAT FETISH posted:

bolding mine

God mom, it's not like I ran the inattentive little poo poo over!

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
The sitcoms are becoming alive!

My [35M] wife and daughter [13F&30F] is away her flight is landing. I signed my son [11M] up for boxing when she told me not to. He has a black eye. How do I explain this to my wife?

quote:

u/Gettosxgool
Hi, so my wife is going to gut me alive. She has been adamant about our son not playing sports where you punch each other. She thinks UFC is stupid and over her dead body will he be training in fighting. He does not really like it either, it's just I saw him punching his boxing bag for a work out and he punches fast.

So I talked him into boxing classes and he had a spar. He got a black eye during his class and my wife is going to loving kill me. My son can't lie. He is an awful lair especially to his mom. He'll say one thing and then come back with the truth 2 seconds later. I don't know what to do.

TL;DR: Wife said no combat sports, signed him up for boxing while she was away. He got a black eye, wife will gut me she gets home today.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

My [35M] wife and daughter [13F&30F] is away her flight is landing. I signed my son [11M] up for boxing when she told me not to. He has a black eye. How do I explain this to my wife?

Heh, "He does not really like it either".

Dad is gung-ho about boxing but doesn't know that sometimes you just have to take the hit.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
He just punches so fast, I couldn't not!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I really don't get how people can rationalise forcing their kids into things that I Would Have Loved If MY Parents Had Given Me The Opportunity

Sad-rear end vicarious parenting? that's a :murder:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Bubblyblubber posted:

UGH my bitch wife won't let my son get a head injury playing a sport he doesnt even like! How do I tell my friend about he punches so good!!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My parents [59F,60M] and brother [19M] are pressuring me [23 M] to give my brother one of my kidneys

quote:

(My friend asked me to translate this for him and post it here because he says his English is not great)

My half-brother needs a kidney transplant and my family is pressuring me to do some tests and be the donor, or sign up for some trading waitlist if I'm not compatible (i.e. i give my kidney to a stranger and my brother receives one from a stranger, that's the way mom explained). We don't have other relatives or friends who would be willing to do this. Neither of my parents are elegible to donate because of health issues. We don't live in the USA.

My brother and I have never been close, we just don't have anything in common (no shared hobbies, we don't talk, etc). We're from different fathers, and I always felt like he was the favorite. I'm from a previous marriage, and I always felt like my existence caused my step-dad some jealousy. He never said anything mean, or did anything bad, so maybe I've been reading into it, or maybe I'm paranoid or insecure. I've never met my biodad and have been with my step dad since I can remember, so to me he's just dad.

We argued about this kidney thing and my dad threatened to not help me with tuition anymore in a very serious tone. There aren't options for student loans in my country. He also hinted he'd kick me out of the house. My mom is also upset at me.
Oh also I recently received a second hand car from my parents. They brought this up during the kidney conversation and now I feel guilty. I told them I'd start paying them back the tuition as soon as I graduate and get a job, and that I didn't want the car anymore. But they're extremely insistant that I go through with this kidney thing and even made an appointment for me at the clinic without my knowledge.

I've always been extremely squimish about surgeries and it fills me with a lot of fear and anxiety. I also don't like my country's medical facilities. Also this would mean I'd jeopardize a new part-time job (unpaid internishp) that I recently landed, which is my first job in my industry and could turn into a full-time position after I graduate. I don't think I can request time off so quickly, and even if I could I really don't want to because of the other competing interns.

I don't have friends or family that I can stay with for a prolonged time. 1 friend said I could crash w him for a week. I'm an awkward person and don't have that many friends. I can't get a loan. There are no youth homeless shelters in my country. (well none that are safe...)

Am I being selfish? Should I do this?

edit: clarification, my brother is not at the brink of death, but he has had some renal problems for a while, I'm not too sure what it entails.

edit 2: dad just barged into my room and told me if I don't come to the medical appointment I should pack my bags. my mom says I've strayed from god's light or whatever, and that I'm a selfish ungrateful bad brother. I'm crying. I think my mom told my aunts too.

tl;dr: My family is pressuring me to donate one of my kidneys to my half-brother, and my dad is threatening to kick me out of the house

:eyepop: dude loving run you're going to wake up in a bathtub full of ice

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

there is absolutely more to this story. im guessing both of them were in the car

i'm gonna guess that the person he was texting was the totally innocent brother

who was probably also out driving around

Danaru posted:

My parents [59F,60M] and brother [19M] are pressuring me [23 M] to give my brother one of my kidneys

:eyepop: dude loving run you're going to wake up in a bathtub full of ice

the advice for this one generally seems to be "just tell the doctor you don't want to do it and they will lie for you about compatability"

I don't know how good that advice would be outside of the US though. Time to leave!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 28, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
On the other hand, if he survives the surgery it will look loving incredible on a resume!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mirthless posted:

i'm gonna guess that the person he was texting was the totally innocent brother

who was probably also out driving around

the advice for this one generally seems to be "just tell the doctor you don't want to do it and they will lie for you about compatability"

I don't know how good that advice would be outside of the US though. Time to leave!
They want him to sign up for a kidney swap program if that happens.

Fuckers really want that kidney.

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg
I [25F] went to a cuddle party with my boyfriend [33M] and I was disturbed by his behaviour. Am I just being insecure?

quote:

My boyfriend "Steve" and I just moved to a new city and we were looking for local events to attend. We found out that a local hackerspace was hosting a "cuddle party". If you're not familiar with the term it's basically a bunch of strangers getting together and... cuddling each other. I know it sounds creepy, I thought so too at first, but the event coordinators made it very clear that it wasn't a sexual thing and any inappropriate behaviour would not be tolerated. I still wasn't big on the idea, but Steve really wanted to go, so I went with him.

I found the whole thing really awkward. I didn't really want to cuddle random people at first (a lot of the attendants seemed to have poor hygiene) so I asked Steve if we could cuddle together. He said no because cuddling with strangers is the whole point of a cuddle party... so I spent most of the party browsing Reddit on my phone and making awkward small talk with people.

Steve got really into it though. He spent the whole time cuddling with different girls and while I know it's not supposed to be sexual it seemed, to me, like he was being really touchy. He didn't cuddle with any of the guys, or with the larger/less attractive girls. Also most of the girls seemed really young, like, they couldn't have been older than college freshmen.

I was glad when the party was over. Seeing Steve behave like that really bothered me, it almost feels like he was cheating on me, but at the same time I know a lot of people don't necessarily believe cuddling has to be sexual/romantic. I haven't brought this up to Steve yet. He knows I was uncomfortable but I think he just thinks it's because I didn't want to cuddle with randoms.

I guess what I'm asking is, am I right to feel insulted by Steve's behaviour or am I just being insecure? And what's the best way to discuss my concerns with him?

tl;dr: Went to a cuddle party with bf, he ignored me and spent the whole time cuddling with attractive girls. Am I right to be offended?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco Happy Ending posted:

I [25F] went to a cuddle party with my boyfriend [33M] and I was disturbed by his behaviour. Am I just being insecure?

Pretend I put a 1000x1000 :magical: here

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

HAT FETISH posted:

bolding mine

Frankly, at 16, take the keys away, because obviously the kid has no concept of consequences with how he's reacted.

Obligatory F-plus link I can't be bothered to actually link.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Frankly, at 16, take the keys away, because obviously the kid has no concept of consequences with how he's reacted.

Obligatory F-plus link I can't be bothered to actually link.

I'd take his phone too, clearly not responsible enough for either

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Splicer posted:

They want him to sign up for a kidney swap program if that happens.

Fuckers really want that kidney.

"I'm sorry, it seems your son has a congenital condition that makes him unsuitable for donation altogether."

I mean, his sibling needs a kidney and his parents can't donate because of "health reasons" so clearly bum kidneys run in the family

I think cuddling is fun but this kind of dude is exactly the reason cuddle parties are a bad idea in the first place

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 28, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'd take his phone too, clearly not responsible enough for either

Harsh. Remind me not to get you mad.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Am I the only one that thinks the kidney kid is kind of being a lovely brother? The parent's are being assholes about it too, but dude your brother needs a kidney...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the kidney kid is kind of being a lovely brother? The parent's are being assholes about it too, but dude your brother needs a kidney...

he doesn't need one, at least, not right now. He's not dying, it's more that he's going to need one at some point in the future.

Also, given that it's his half brother, I think there's some preferred child poo poo going on here and I think he is right to look out for himself in this situation. Stepdad seems to be the one pushing this and even though Stepdad has been the only dad this guy has ever known they still don't have a good relationship. The whole thing stinks.

Losing your kidney is a big deal, you are basically voluntarily cutting a decade off your lifespan and that's assuming you don't have kidney problems yourself down the line.

Here's a list of the risks:
http://www.livingdonor101.com/risks.shtml

Frighteningly, you're at a greater risk of complications when you're below age 35 which makes the request extra unreasonable.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 28, 2017