Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Speaking for myself, I'm 33 and my wife makes almost 2x what I make.

It owns.

same :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

How is there not video of this yet?

On mobile. Might gently caress it up
https://twitter.com/kcaloca/status/847905972437647361

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

locking in gains is nice but way less important than enshrining equal access to the basic amenities privileges and responsibilities of civil society into law as firmly as possible

locking in gains is a nice side benefit but lets not lose sight here

i pump iron all day to lock in gains

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Yinlock posted:

that's not how probability works

I... I know how it works. Thats why i dont like nate. His 'unskewing' is Just changing the end result by his gut feeling.

Yes i dont like nate. Can i have some french fries with that?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
honestly thought that the earlier tweet by the Toronto Star reporter was an April Fool's thing

https://twitter.com/CahnEmily/status/847908346111905792

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shiksa posted:

27, same, it rules

I'm 69 and my wife makes 420 times what I make

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pead posted:

Is there video of this anywhere? it sounds hilarious

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

why does he hate himself that much

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm 69 and my wife makes 420 times what I make

nice

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Von Sloneker posted:

honestly thought that the earlier tweet by the Toronto Star reporter was an April Fool's thing

https://twitter.com/CahnEmily/status/847908346111905792

jesus Christ me too he actually did that

how does he continue to get stupider

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

A high school senior in 2014 wasn't a fuckin millennial. That's the next generation, who are proving themselves to be conservative as gently caress

The oldest Millennials are 35-36 now ffs

And more importantly, they've never had to live through a skullfuck-the-world Republican administration.

The generation gap is a lie tho. It's all race, and that question is broad.

I'm liberal as hell but would probably say I would support it being economically possible for a one-income family to prosper outside of fringe cases of higher income people, because that sort of thing is impossible without a huge decrease in income inequality. Childcare costs as much as what most people earn in a month anyway so why the gently caress not try to make it fly on one income? I believe it should be optional and that either person should be able to be the breadwinner, and both should be able to work if they want, but they don't filter for that

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

maybe whoever said way earlier in the thread that the ppl who grew up before there was internet but also young during the rise of the internet are more well-adjusted than the ones who were born before the internet and didn't gorw up with it and the ones who grew up after the internet was established and never knew anything before it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Wtf

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

haha holy poo poo i was going to say this isn't that much and then i reread the headline and realized that this is PER PHYSICIAN

so check this out. current data on active physicians: http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-active-physicians/

not all physicians prescribe even half the prescription types noted here but even if you cut these numbers in half to be generous this is literally 805 million fewer doses of pain pills and 240 million fewer anxiety, nausea, and psychosis medications each

i really really REALLY want to hear the narrative on what societal disaster weed has in store for us to make these pills worth not just the opioid epidemic, but also the tyranny of two different kinds of mental illness that ruins millions of lives per year.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trump was just spreading awareness of sexual assault by grabbing pussy

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

National grab the pussy month

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TwoStepBoog posted:

Trump tweeted that Flynn should seek immunity.
Major asked basically "Does Trump know how immunity works? Only the FBI and the committees can grant it, does Trump know that?"
And Spicer would not give a straight answer.

Oh, I meant at the signing ceremony, but I found the video of him walking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyeXh06pQik

Such an awkward man.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

National grab the pussy month

its like a national holiday for me :getin:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sandoz posted:

lol dems ALWAYS get more votes for the house on a national basis

they didn't in 2016

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Oh about Trump proclaiming days. I saw that autism one was already a thing for 8 years.

Lol trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i really really REALLY want to hear the narrative on what societal disaster weed has in store for us to make these pills worth not just the opioid epidemic, but also the tyranny of two different kinds of mental illness that ruins millions of lives per year.

sure we could help millions of people, but then how could we round up black people for the slave prisons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i think they might be hitting the point of diminishing returns with voter suppression. most of the people whose votes can be suppressed easily, it's already happened.

when Dems retake state houses their absolute #1 priority must be rolling back suppression and disenfranchisement. this has to be done before anything else to lock in our gains.

Remember when Obama promised to make this a huge priority, then stood by while we lost every statehouse and then they went on to massively suppress voter rights?

The most disgusting thing you can see are those videos of 3 mile long lines to vote in minority districts with neolibs and centrists being like, "oh this is such a beautiful display of dedication to Democracy!"

National vote by mail, MAKE IT HAPPEN. Mail in and absentee is already exempted from 99% of the voter suppression tactics because, despite it being where all voter fraud takes place, the Republicans aren't wanting to suppress the votes of military and olds who use it disproportionately

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Schnorkles posted:

Manchin/Heitkamp

d'oh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

april golden showers mean may gennifer flowers or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nice patty melt pres

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Coolguye posted:

weed leads to jazz and ive never really understood jazz

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i think they might be hitting the point of diminishing returns with voter suppression. most of the people whose votes can be suppressed easily, it's already happened.

when Dems retake state houses their absolute #1 priority must be rolling back suppression and disenfranchisement. this has to be done before anything else to lock in our gains.

my dude this has precisely gently caress and poo poo to do with locking in gains for the blue team

this is about having a functioning government where people are allowed to govern themselves by who they elect

if the slow steady march of demographics mean actual human beings are elected with greater frequency then great ok good for our side but dont justify loving with the rules to give yourself an advantage playing the game

voter suppression has to be fought because it suppresses voters full stop

someday im going to be old and out of touch with the eight official genders and middle school orgy dances and universal basic income and people allowed to walk on my lawn but ill still accept that if a majority of an informed voting population wants to steer the country in a different direction than i would ill pretty much be ok with it because thats how this poo poo is supposed to work

edit

Squizzle posted:

locking in gains is nice but way less important than enshrining equal access to the basic amenities privileges and responsibilities of civil society into law as firmly as possible

locking in gains is a nice side benefit but lets not lose sight here

yeah what frankencat said

Sexual Lorax fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 31, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Citizen Tayne posted:

A high school senior in 2014 wasn't a fuckin millennial. That's the next generation, who are proving themselves to be conservative as gently caress

The oldest Millennials are 35-36 now ffs

Not just generational. The right has been active and pushing authoritarianism and rigid gender roles as a push back. That has an effect. Progress isn't inherent, we have to scrape and fight for every inch and never ever pretend the fight is over

To say nothing of the bogeymen the right has made od feminism and equality to direct the rage of the victims of neoliberalism

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

maybe whoever said way earlier in the thread that the ppl who grew up before there was internet but also young during the rise of the internet are more well-adjusted than the ones who were born before the internet and didn't gorw up with it and the ones who grew up after the internet was established and never knew anything before it

hmm yes the dominant age demographic of the people on this forum, the well adjusted people

but

id accept a general principle that people old enough to have watched culture and technology take its current shape but not so old as to no longer be its target audience are, in fact, usually the most able to process the culture and technology at any given time

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if only the democraps weren't so bad!!!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Trump70: democraps celebrate national grab the pussy month

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

Manchin/Heitkamp
Don't they only need 40 to fillibuster? That means at least 9 are still maybe/no, right?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

And more importantly, they've never had to live through a skullfuck-the-world Republican administration.

The generation gap is a lie tho. It's all race, and that question is broad.

I'm liberal as hell but would probably say I would support it being economically possible for a one-income family to prosper outside of fringe cases of higher income people, because that sort of thing is impossible without a huge decrease in income inequality. Childcare costs as much as what most people earn in a month anyway so why the gently caress not try to make it fly on one income? I believe it should be optional and that either person should be able to be the breadwinner, and both should be able to work if they want, but they don't filter for that

yeah, these kids are in for a rude awakening when they start getting married and having kids and realize this ideal "one-income (preferably man-driven) family" is basically impossible now, especially if you have college debt (which most of them will)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Schnorkles posted:

i see what you did there Schnorkles

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

April fools its barron's birthday

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Don't they only need 40 to fillibuster?

yep, they'll lose Donnelly, Tester and maybe even Warner too but it won't really matter.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

thanks for obama'ing up the country democraps

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If Dems had control of even 1 or 2 of the rust belt/southern states that Trump won that nobody saw coming, he would've lost by a comfy margin because tens of thousands of people were illegally stripped of their right to vote and 3-4x that simply were not able to due to lines and sabotage in each of those states that the GOP controls, which is like all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Squizzle posted:

hmm yes the dominant age demographic of the people on this forum, the well adjusted people

but

id accept a general principle that people old enough to have watched culture and technology take its current shape but not so old as to no longer be its target audience are, in fact, usually the most able to process the culture and technology at any given time

i for one would not use somethingawful.com as a representative sample of our generation

• Locked thread