Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best

Duck and Cover posted:

The power and majesty of a 6 linked corrupted briskwrap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkwJu_4R3ss. If you like this video please, like the video, subscribe, and click on the bell thanks. And make sure to like up my reddit thread thanks for all the support. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/62xcvc/hardcore_viable_100_fire_siege_ballista_minotaur/

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Yeah.. what?

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

TheRat posted:

I made a thing

snap

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

:vince:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hold on there, Hitler.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

wtf

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Who uses vitality? Guardians who already have like 5 of the other auras?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Yeah I can see shaper being rough after a while because you'd start running out of places to put the totems. Do you remember what your dps was, either tooltip or on path of building?

I'm pretty sure I only had around 30k tooltip per totem, times three totems. Of course that doesn't count in fire penetration and EE. This was with a lvl 20 gem and a lvl 2 Empower in a chest with no +gems. It took down guardians at a reasonable speed, but yeah it certainly needed to be higher for Shaper.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Count Uvula posted:

Who uses vitality? Guardians who already have like 5 of the other auras?

i'm using it on a low life RF guardian, it lets me fit both vitality and discipline on blood magic without an enlighten

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Apropos of nothing, it sure gets me salty that Vorici, the Assassin, is the only Master who gives you missions that explicitly require you to not kill a specific goblin in a huge pile of other goblins. He's the most annoying Master to level.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

palecur posted:

Apropos of nothing, it sure gets me salty that Vorici, the Assassin, is the only Master who gives you missions that explicitly require you to not kill a specific goblin in a huge pile of other goblins. He's the most annoying Master to level.

It's kind of worth keeping an alternate skill/gear setup around for him.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Decided to try Gruthkul's pelt on my warchief totem guy today, and it's very relaxing. Probably a bit squishier than with a brass dome, but ele reflect maps are way easier now (since I'm 100% phys instead of doing anger/herald of ash for added fire damage), dps is virtually the same, and hey, if I die I don't need to waste time turning auras or golems back on. If nothing else I can definitely see it being a very good leveling chest for a lot of builds.

Also the 3d art is solid.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
well I just got a foil vinktar (added to spells)

um

yep

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

grats

also gently caress you

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

theshim posted:

um

yep

don't divine it

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Stupid newbie question: If I have Ancestral Bond, and use say Ice Spear, will that proc Elemental Overload/Equilibrium, or does the fact that it does 0 damage cause it to not work for those skills?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i know you can proc elemental overload with ancestral bond. never tried ee but i assume it works

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium

quote:

Only a hit that deals damage is required to apply these resistance modifiers. Blocked hits or hits with no damage (e.g. while having Ancestral Bond) are not capable to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

OK cool, that's a couple of passive points I can save.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

um

yep

Well ok. You are not richer than I am.

Edit: You had better pimp the gently caress out of that low life RF dude.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Another dead guardian. Video on it's way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecuuWAAI4bI

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 3, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Duck and Cover posted:

Another dead guardian. OOPS.

Awesome news! Which one this time?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm starting to think this mean guy commenting on my sweet youtube videos is a goon. Sad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why do you have 2500 hp

is dying every 10 seconds that fun?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
lol'd at the instant death by walking into a fire vortex

grats, safe to say I'll never have the skill or patience to kill a guardian with that low hp.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

palecur posted:

That's the point of being an assassin instead of a mere murder hobo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1878361

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I hate leaguestones and their finicky bullshit please help me understand why other people like them so much (i.e. second question of this Q&A post) outside of them just having more loot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

I hate leaguestones and their finicky bullshit please help me understand why other people like them so much (i.e. second question of this Q&A post) outside of them just having more loot
Other people are normal so they do not hate variety of content.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

I don't understand why you think they are finicky. Have a stone drop, either equip it if you like that content or don't.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
they are kinda iffy while levelling, because you retrace areas and sometimes lose charges for bullshit 2 second visits (Crystal Mines im looking at u)

and you have to hoard them, which means extra work for OCDs like me

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does losing charges really matter when they drop so frequently?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Leaguestones themselves suck - finding them usually sucks, picking them up and stashing them sucks, loading them up in the tab every/checking the tab to see if they have expired sucks (especially since you can have different # of charges). Busy work in exchange for cool poo poo? I thought darkshrines was better, I think that there was more excitement due to the random nature of the outcome. Leaguestones don't really have that volatility, it all happens in the drop before you go through all the busywork to engage. For specific mapping/league customization, the old zana mods were way smoother - you get to access league poo poo without picking up dumb items, stashing dumb items, loading dumb items into a UI. I find league stones themselves to be a rather poor hybrid of the two, when they could have just expanded what zana already did without introducing the awful inventory/interface management.

For a filler league they don't care too much about, whatever, I don't really care that much either I guess...but I think they could have done any number of things to have cool/satisfying interactions with league customization than what leaguestones is.

TL;DR: PoE is cool, Leagues are cool. Using leaguestones to interact with PoE leagues, pretty meh.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 3, 2017

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Lungboy posted:

Does losing charges really matter when they drop so frequently?

White ones, probably not. But some have really good mods and they're not common at all. That said, I haven't hosed up and lost a charge in forever!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How does Gladiators O+O ascendancy work with dual wielded cleave?
Both weapons strike at once, will it only produce frenzy charges (assuming an attack with both weapon even counts as "main hand") or both (at 25% chance i mean)?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How does Gladiators O+O ascendancy work with dual wielded cleave?
Both weapons strike at once, will it only produce frenzy charges (assuming an attack with both weapon even counts as "main hand") or both (at 25% chance i mean)?

Cleave is separate hits, presumably in done mh first.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
yo poegoons

rump my hump: Yellowstonesmokincrater

madjack fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 3, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Well ok. You are not richer than I am.

Edit: You had better pimp the gently caress out of that low life RF dude.

he has probably grinded way less then you though lmao.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Other people are normal so they do not hate variety of content.

white league stones are garbage and the method to use league stones is clunky. hth. Also the 36 point portal is garbage and you can't see the legacy weapon mtx on some of the weapons. When is 3.0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Holyshoot posted:

white league stones are garbage and the method to use league stones is clunky. hth. Also the 36 point portal is garbage and you can't see the legacy weapon mtx on some of the weapons. When is 3.0?

GIve GGG enough money and you might get an invite to the beta

• Locked thread