Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

Apoplexy posted:

Remember that the Insight Protocol was able to suss out potential problems, not just active threats. That's what I never get about people confused that Stephen Strange would be killed off: He was basically always a Potential Superhero. He just wasn't trained until his movie. Although Insight was more about potential as in 'these are good-hearted people who would likely reject and oppose HYDRA's new world order' than simply powers.

He was always a potential superhero, but the weird part was Zola calling him out by name like his name would have meant anything to steve rogers at that time. Yeah, he was a very prominent neurosurgeon, but there's plenty of those in the world and they aren't household names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

timrenzi574 posted:

He was always a potential superhero, but the weird part was Zola calling him out by name like his name would have meant anything to steve rogers at that time. Yeah, he was a very prominent neurosurgeon, but there's plenty of those in the world and they aren't household names.

Because, like the shout-out in Iron Man 2 to Life Model Decoys it was just pointless name dropping to give the appearance of a connected universe, even though it doesn't actually connect anything.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Simminz was relatively chill with being a corpse.

I suspect she's going to be much less chill when she finds out Fitz is loving the robot.

kayakyakr posted:

I'm wondering if terrigen is even in the Framework. Like if Daisy gets her hands on some, would she transform and become the post terrigenisis badass or would the server just throw an uncaught error?

It runs on literal magic, I think it's probably adaptable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would've much preferred them encountering a sudden pillar of fire and assuming Robbie was in it but then it turns out to be Spawn, as an April Fools joke.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
After the big let-down of Iron Fist and the overall descent-into-cruddiness of all of the CW superhero shows, Agents of Shield still remains something that I enjoy week after week. (I also just watched the first episode of Legion. Please tell me it stays this good.)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeesh guys, Strange still had the car accident, Dr. Fitz fixed his hands in 20 minutes, and now Strange does invasive brain surgery for hydra.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There is a one hundred percent chance that Daisy gets revealed to be an inhuman and gets strapped to the detecto-table in her skivvies.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

After the big let-down of Iron Fist and the overall descent-into-cruddiness of all of the CW superhero shows, Agents of Shield still remains something that I enjoy week after week. (I also just watched the first episode of Legion. Please tell me it stays this good.)

Legion gets less good as it gets more coherent. It doesn't get a lot more coherent, so it stays very good.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenriverninja posted:

There is a one hundred percent chance that Daisy gets revealed to be an inhuman and gets strapped to the detecto-table in her skivvies.

Oh natch, and it activates her.

I'll go one step further and posit the Darkhold is actually a containment device for an Infinity Stone.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

7/8 Legion episodes are amazing. Finale is thematically still fulfilling it is just a bit less weird and out there than the 7 preceding episodes.

EDIT: Anyone else notice the cellist from the S1 episode had a mention on that magazine cover?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Or Simmons ends up on the table with Fitz operating it to "figure out" how she reanimated. :ohdear:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Nill posted:

Or Simmons ends up on the table with Fitz operating it to "figure out" how she reanimated. :ohdear:

Unacceptable.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
So, is everyone just assuming that Madam Hydra is Aida because they forgot that Radcliffe's wife (who Aida was based on) was put into the Framework? Honestly, and this may be reaching, when Fitz kissed Madam Hydra my first thought was "Oh poo poo, is Fitz really Radcliffe who looks like Fitz?" (given that he got put in against his will) and I hope we don't get a scene where Simmons tries to make Fitz remember, like Daisy did with Coulson, only to find out that was never really Fitz and she's screwed.

I mean it would be a nasty twist, and I could see the 'happily ever after' that Aida gives Radcliffe and his (wife? lover?) is that they get to be together and Run Bartertown.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Wolvorine posted:

So, is everyone just assuming that Madam Hydra is Aida because they forgot that Radcliffe's wife (who Aida was based on) was put into the Framework? Honestly, and this may be reaching, when Fitz kissed Madam Hydra my first thought was "Oh poo poo, is Fitz really Radcliffe who looks like Fitz?" (given that he got put in against his will) and I hope we don't get a scene where Simmons tries to make Fitz remember, like Daisy did with Coulson, only to find out that was never really Fitz and she's screwed.

I mean it would be a nasty twist, and I could see the 'happily ever after' that Aida gives Radcliffe and his (wife? lover?) is that they get to be together and Run Bartertown.
There was a clip of her in the Framework at the end of that episode, and she was very definitely not Madame Hydra.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Wolvorine posted:

Radcliffe exists in the Framework as a prominent scientist, unless you're freaky-fridaying them. And Madam Aidra had knowledge of Simmons and was hiding her from Fitz, which lends more credence to it's not Radcliffe since she wouldn't needs to hide Simmons from Radcliffe.

More likely Radcliffe is a UK-based scientist working on a cure for Inumananity, possibly in contact with Fitz, dating proto-Aida with no knowledge of Madam Aidra, who would likely have isolated herself from all except the top of the autocratic organization, only having contact with a few people she knows she needs to control.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

You don't like Legends?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Iain De Caestecker was really great as Evil Fitz. I was pleasantly surprised.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Best thing about the episode was that dope rear end hydra statue in the lobby.

Don't gently caress the robot Fitz

Yeah that statue was great.

Also why do a bunch of you keep saying Framework Aida is a robot? Why would Aida make Framework Aida be a robot?

kayakyakr posted:

I'm wondering if terrigen is even in the Framework. Like if Daisy gets her hands on some, would she transform and become the post terrigenisis badass or would the server just throw an uncaught error?

They directly mentioned terrigen existing.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

After the big let-down of Iron Fist and the overall descent-into-cruddiness of all of the CW superhero shows

What. Legends Season 2 was the best out of all of them this season (and a lot of fun just as a show), and Arrow S5 has been great.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 6, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

question: did Simmons namedrop "daisy" during her confrontation with Coulson? I'm wondering if she did and Coulson's faking the sudden insight, setting him up to be an inside mole inside the resistance.

I'm basically just hunting for the future "gotcha" moment.

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 6, 2017

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Longbaugh01 posted:

They directly mentioned terrigen existing.

Yes, existing, but would it work on Daisy?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

kayakyakr posted:

Yes, existing, but would it work on Daisy?

Oh I see what you mean, so why didn't you just ask if Daisy might or might not be an Inhuman in the Framework?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wards says Sky is an Inhuman, so the terrigen would work on her.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

You don't like Legends?

Nope. To be fair, I hated what I hated of season one enough that I did't bother with two. Even though everyone says it's great, I'm just not interested in time-traveling hijinks.

Regarding Arrow S5: I wouldn't say it's been great. It hasn't been as terrible as it was.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Regarding Arrow S5: I wouldn't say it's been great. It hasn't been as terrible as it was.

Man. They pulled off the most competent villain reveal since Flash S1, Josh Segarra as Adrian Chase is killin' it, the expanded Team Arrow is fun, and there's no Felicity drama, but ok.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
When Fitz started making out with Aida, my first thought was "drat it Leopold, she's basically your Daughter. Aida, stop seducing your Dad. At least Fitz has the excuse of a mind wipe, but you know you're being a creep. Knock that off!"

Marvel's Agents of O.L.D.B.O.Y.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
It isn't necessary as far as we've seen, but I wonder if we'll get to see how Ward and Skye met/became an item in the Framework world.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
By the way, the answer to "Where is or what happened to this or that person or thing from the MCU?" is none of it is in the Framework at all because the showrunners don't want to or can't deal with it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not saying the show is gonna explore it or that the writers even took much of it into account. But it's fun to discuss and imagine what the case may be.

Why is this board so against people using their drat imaginations or speculating on world building?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tetrapyloctomy posted:

(I also just watched the first episode of Legion. Please tell me it stays this good.)

It absolutely does. I'd say the series as a whole is the best TV I've seen full stop. Episode 7 (the penultimate episode of the season) is perhaps the the most mind-fuckingly incredible hour of TV I've ever seen. It's a very tight, beautiful and somewhat surreal TV show.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

TFRazorsaw posted:

Why is this board so against people using their drat imaginations or speculating on world building?

Oh no. You found out about our widespread secret conspiracy to limit imagination use on the Something Awful forums.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said that in a moment of frustration due to something unrelated, and had no opportunity to come back and edit it out. My apologies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

By the way, the answer to "Where is or what happened to this or that person or thing from the MCU?" is none of it is in the Framework at all because the showrunners don't want to or can't deal with it.

No, I already answered this and the answer is more mass graves.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

No, I already answered this and the answer is more mass graves.

Of course. You're right. I apologize.

For some reason you reminded me of this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hiddenriverninja posted:

That episode was intense. I cant wait to see Jeffrey "Captain America" Mace on screen.

It could go one of two ways: HYDRA's personal patriotic super soldier, or Actual Inhuman Freedom Fighter.

I'm super fine with either but gosh I hope it's the second one. :allears:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Chokes McGee posted:

It could go one of two ways: HYDRA's personal patriotic super soldier, or Actual Inhuman Freedom Fighter.

I'm super fine with either but gosh I hope it's the second one. :allears:

You're right. Him actually being an Inhuman in the Framework instead of a fake one in the real world is perfect.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Longbaugh01 posted:

You're right. Him actually being an Inhuman in the Framework instead of a fake one in the real world is perfect.

They art they posted of him makes it look like he is Patriot / Captain America and the face of the resistance.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Also, Elizabeth Henstridge's acting is amazing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I thought she really lost her voice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was amazing. Simmons was the real MVP of the episode. Every scene with her was amazing, and I loved they remembered she learned to bad rear end.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

That was amazing. Simmons was the real MVP of the episode. Every scene with her was amazing, and I loved they remembered she learned to bad rear end.

Simmons was the way Felicity show be on arrow always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

I thought she really lost her voice.

It was really well done.

• Locked thread