Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if you think youre alive then youre kiddin yourself

there are way more dead people than there are living people

the ed balls principal aka occam's ballrazor requires you to assume that you are a dead person who is mistaken rather than a living person who has everything figured out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cmndstab posted:

So was there even a conversation before this? It looks like he just walked up and grabbed the guy.

There's been many a time where I've heard an announcement where they ask for volunteers to miss their flight for increasing incentives. I wouldn't be surprised if they did do something idiotic like "yeah, we've volunteered you to be kicked from the flight, grab your poo poo"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

zegermans posted:

Gorsuch

And yeah he'll love to vote against anything that hurts Capital

Btw I bet Kennedy retires soon so the only semi sorta maybe swing vote will be gone. I bet he gets replaced by Bill "actually insane" Pryor.

Dude just goes by the letter of the law. Just need to rewrite them.

Can't wait for a second amendment issue, he'll be hung by the rafters by the NRA.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

zegermans posted:

Good lord how many forms did that thing have

NOT ENOUGH

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squizzle posted:

yeah thatll certainly make him inclined to address the debt ceiling

Smashing through it counts! Much more entertaining than watching Hillary bounce off the glass one again.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

Joementum posted:

Conservatism definitely isn't a brain disease, I say. Now I'll check out my "reform conservatives" Twitter list while taking a big drink of water....

https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/851442886772228097

oh you were forcibly removed for no reason? Well I had to do my minimum duty as a parent, so lets not point fingers here

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

punchymcpunch posted:

if you think youre alive then youre kiddin yourself

there are way more dead people than there are living people

the ed balls principal aka occam's ballrazor requires you to assume that you are a dead person who is mistaken rather than a living person who has everything figured out

Lol if you didnt slip the wheel of samsara sometime in late january

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

Conservatism definitely isn't a brain disease, I say. Now I'll check out my "reform conservatives" Twitter list while taking a big drink of water....

If I didn't already know he was an rear end in a top hat, I might assume that was a joke.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sisi announce martial law the other day and is currently in the midst of a brutal crackdown, dragging bloggers and the like from their home ot be tortured, because Trump is too smooth brained to realize that words have effects when you're president.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

prefect posted:

If I didn't already know he was an rear end in a top hat, I might assume that was a joke.

i wasn't really familiar with him and assumed it was until i checked his back twitter feed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Coolguye posted:

i wasn't really familiar with him and assumed it was until i checked his back twitter feed.

It still might be a joke, but you couldn't say for sure. He gets no benefit of the doubt.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/news/senate-likely-to-resist-push-to-ax-center-for-rural/article_20dd8b20-1d32-11e7-a146-b3b73dd50eb8.html

The Republican controlled PA state legislature is pushing to eliminate the agency that is responsible for documenting the opioid clusterfuck going on back home in the counties that elected them.

Img_sickos_yes_YES.bmp

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

prefect posted:

It still might be a joke, but you couldn't say for sure. He gets no benefit of the doubt.

yeah i can't say i hold out a lot of hope

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

:stare:

i'm glad i was watching taz-mania or w/e was on at the time b/c this would have messed up my child brain

The scary bits didn't make it to the US series. I just looked it up on power rangers wiki because why not

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/851451448034504704

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/news/senate-likely-to-resist-push-to-ax-center-for-rural/article_20dd8b20-1d32-11e7-a146-b3b73dd50eb8.html

The Republican controlled PA state legislature is pushing to eliminate the agency that is responsible for documenting the opioid clusterfuck going on back home in the counties that elected them.

Img_sickos_yes_YES.bmp

WOW! thanks GOP for attempting to thin out the population of rural PA, no downside there :discourse:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bilirubin posted:

Same but Ryanair

Lol I forgot that you 'kippers pioneered the standing-room-only flight business model.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

Img_sickos_yes_YES.bmp

Great thing about republicans not giving a single gently caress about the future or other human beings is that the republicans killing off their own constituents are like "gently caress it, by the time enough of them die to be a problem ill have retired from office anyway"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Overbooking Real Hahahaha Just Sell Less Tickets Like Count The Seats Haha

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

WOW! thanks GOP for attempting to thin out the population of rural PA, no downside there :discourse:

This but unironically and gleefully

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

Great thing about republicans not giving a single gently caress about the future or other human beings is that the republicans killing off their own constituents are like "gently caress it, by the time enough of them die to be a problem ill have retired from office anyway"
what else do you think killing education and promoting inbreeding is for

also, rare good zegermans post

zegermans posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Overbooking Real Hahahaha Just Sell Less Tickets Like Count The Seats Haha

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

you'd think after trying it for seventy years now people would have woken up to the limitations of air power
naval power :mil101:

Joementum posted:

Well, this was a runway, which is a pretty simple target except that unless you secure the airfield with ground troops, you can't prevent it from being rebuilt. It's why it's surprising to see people still thinking that we can bomb our way to victory even after watching it fail dozens of times.

Even Ronald Reagan knew this when he bravely fought a war to prevent airfield construction.
there is a weird criticism of trump's attack on the airfield in that it wasn't destructive enough: he should've flattened it! he shouldn't have warned the russians in advance! there's a defensible argument, like there's a defensible argument he shouldn't have attacked it at all. but every option has problems with it.

if assad doesn't use chemical weapons again, then i think the airfield attack probably "worked" -- if that was the goal. military actions should be done to affect political outcomes, and if you don't get the desired outcome, then the action should be judged a failure. if the action is simply judged in terms of ordnance expended, people killed, runways blown up, etc. then you get into a kind of body-count logic that's divorced from why you're doing it in the first place.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 10, 2017

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/851452382227681280

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

Apparently a lot of people never show up? That's the logic I always heard, of course it makes no sense when all the people show up to fly :confused:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hey this is completely unrelated but one of the numerous derails itt related to emotional purging not being a thing. as in, shouting out your frustrations or punching a pillow as a fury desiccant doesn't actually help your situation, it only reinforces these negative behaviors and makes further emotional crises easier to trigger.

is there some good literature on this? i am trying to change the mind of an extended family member. this person has been an rear end in a top hat for a long time but with some decent data i might actually win this particular argument. would be great to start the slow process of turning him around if i could. can't sever because we're blood, and all.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol people calling this a win for trump

he read a name of a list he'd never heard of before he saw it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

Counterpoint, Gorsich gets sworn in today

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

April is the cruellest month, breeding
Tapes out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and dossier, stirring
Dull roots with spring piss.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with ed balls.
Summer surprised us, coming over the Mar-A-Lago
With a shower of rain; we stopped in the colonnade,
And went on in sunlight, into the golf course,
And drank Pepsi, and talked for an hour.
Ich garantiere, dass es kein problem gibt. Ich garantiere.
And when we were children, staying at Trump Tower,
My father’s, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Ivanka,
Ivanka, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.

I post, much of the nite, and get drunk in the winter.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

remember the wh is trying to brand trump's first 100 days

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

Apparently a lot of people never show up? That's the logic I always heard, of course it makes no sense when all the people show up to fly :confused:

I've been on a number of overbooked flights but they always hash this all out at the gate before a single person boards. I even volunteered to sit out a flight a few years ago because they were giving me $300, a hotel room and a flight the next morning

they handled this terribly, even before they laid hands on dude

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Joementum posted:

I too wish he never had kids.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'd eat Blossom's beef.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wikkheiser posted:

naval power :mil101:

there is a weird criticism of trump's attack on the airfield in that it wasn't destructive enough: he should've flattened it! he shouldn't have warned the russians in advance! there's a defensible argument, like there's a defensible argument he shouldn't have attacked it at all. but every option has problems with it.

if assad doesn't use chemical weapons again, then i think the airfield attack probably "worked" -- if that was the goal. military actions should be done to affect political outcomes, and if you don't get the desired outcome, then the action should be judged a failure. if the action is simply judged in terms of ordnance expended, people killed, runways blown up, etc. then you get into a kind of body-count logic that's divorced from why you're doing it in the first place.

wait i thought he started ww3 and doomed us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

hey this is completely unrelated but one of the numerous derails itt related to emotional purging not being a thing. as in, shouting out your frustrations or punching a pillow as a fury desiccant doesn't actually help your situation, it only reinforces these negative behaviors and makes further emotional crises easier to trigger.

is there some good literature on this? i am trying to change the mind of an extended family member. this person has been an rear end in a top hat for a long time but with some decent data i might actually win this particular argument. would be great to start the slow process of turning him around if i could. can't sever because we're blood, and all.

buy them an account and make them post itt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

For all we mock mr turtle man, he probably helped Trump win more than anyone else in the GOP since the court got all the Cruz idiots to shut up and vote.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/ralphdouthat/status/847847339113029633

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

feetnotes posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

feetnotes posted:

• Locked thread