Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Good disco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZK2aPE5BuU

Questionable disco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPgavmY99U&t=30s

leftist heap posted:

How do people feel about GSW's chances if Kerr never comes back?

Good to great.

RaySmuckles posted:

the guy who looks like jim carrey coaches the Mavs, not OKC

Yea, it was a joke. Although if you watch on a 13" TV he isn't that far off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
That wouldn't be a great outcome but it would sure as hell be better than the more likely scenario of phil trading porzingis and wavering melo. Atleast rose flying around checking out playoff teams is a positive sign that he won't accept phil's offer to resign

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-kristaps-porzingis-play-latvian-national-team-article-1.3094201

2nd year rookie skips exit meeting, and even ignores the front office's wishes on staying in new york to learn the triangle instead of playing euroball

Brilliant reverse psychology by phil, push away your player to do what you wanted him to do by saying the opposite

If I'm Dallas, I would call to offer the pick and Seth Curry for him. It shouldn't work but the Knicks do a lot of things they shouldn't.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I guess folks mostly covered this, but I think at any given moment there's a decent chance he has to be laying in bed completely silent and still with all the lights out, in tremendous pain wishing he was frozen and stuck in the ground instead. It's not a positive for the team I don't think. It's not gonna be like he's working from home.

He could do the Gipper thing before some finals game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CCwxMvXPZo

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's what you can call the Ish Smith Corrollary, where eventually you stop reaching for stars or starters at pg and you just find a guy who knows how to pass the ball, has good bball iq, is fast, and doesn't mind deferring to histeammates, and also can make very short midrange shots. That guy will do your team worlds better than a hot dog armed loving waste of space like carter williams. compare the 76ers with ish smith and without last year.

I have hope that MCW has one miracle 35 GmSc game left before he retires.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Didn't Shaq constantly change little poo poo in his free throws

Yes, but they were superficial changes and paled in comparison to the Shaq doing the underhand.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

I like how after Grease came out, they released a super edited version of Saturday Night Fever to get in on the same market. Our local video store (back when videos existed) had a PG version or an R version available. (Our R is roughly equivalent to NC-17)

Unfortunately they've done that with tons of films over the years. Not as common as it once was though.

EvanTH posted:

It's probably wrong to tell people this because keeping a positive outlook is very important but yes in general surgery is far more dangerous than generally acknowledged:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11982478

It's dangerous to go cutting on someone

If you go to another doctor for a second opinion there is a 90% chance the second doctor will come to a different conclusion than the first one. Doctors are insane!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Brolander posted:

The sad bear avatar does not work in faceapp B(

Houston going to be lit tonight

Travis Scott is performing before the game, its gonna be wild

That Dion article is cool, the Players Tribune is cool.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Zogo posted:

The 8 seed team?

The 1st season under Thibs. Are you one of those people that see the year as the end of the season instead of the beginning?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What new things are zingis saying ?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-kristaps-porzingis-play-latvian-national-team-article-1.3094201

2nd year rookie skips exit meeting, and even ignores the front office's wishes on staying in new york to learn the triangle instead of playing euroball

Brilliant reverse psychology by phil, push away your player to do what you wanted him to do by saying the opposite

I think Kristaps knows as well as anyone that they're not running the stupid loving triangle next year

Tae posted:

The 1st season under Thibs. Are you one of those people that see the year as the end of the season instead of the beginning?

I think that's the common way to do it. Like this year's Knicks are the 2017 Knicks etc

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
what is a 2nd year rookie lol

I'm a virgin but I been fuckin all summer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
See: Griffin, Blake and Simmons, Ben

(obviously does not apply to Porzingis)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Porzingis added “there was more positivity” in his rookie season, which, it should be noted, included Derek Fisher being fired four months after getting punched by Matt Barnes.

Good job, Phil!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lowry with the post-game interview assist

https://streamable.com/ber3b

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
daww

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

:siren:Rondo taking jumpers, could be back before Derrick Rose:siren:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Perhaps PG believes that him in LA, along with the franchise's history and freeing up some cap space will draw other marquee guys, whilst drawing somebody to willingly choose Indiana is, uh, difficult.

Also unrelated but regardless of what one thinks of Toronto the Lowry/DeRozan dynamic is a fun one. I'd hate to break it up. Might have to though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 26, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I believe okc will win today because I cannot have anything but crushingly high hopes at all times

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I can't wait for the descent of this Warriors team, and for these kind of fans and people to wonder why it all fell apart. I like Kerr, I like some of the players, but the culture that's building around it is so shortsighted, and ignores how much of building a team like the Warriors did is just amazing luck.

I'm a Warriors fan that waited over a quarter century for the team to stop being utterly incompetent. These tech bro hangers-on are an embarrassment, but they can't take away the magic that the last three years have been for the long-suffering fan.

I understand why people get riled by Joe Lacob and he definitely should shut up, but compared to 20 years of the utter incompetence of Chris Cohan, Lacob is a veritable god among owners.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

I believe okc will win today because I cannot have anything but crushingly high hopes at all times

Take a shot every time Roberson misses a shot

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Every time he misses a FT

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tae posted:

Take a shot every time Roberson misses a shot

Are you trying to kill the guy?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

It doesn't even make sense to me to emphasise the Silicon Valley tech nerd connection with the Warriors other than the happenstance of their location. If it was Mike D'Antoni/Moreyball style stats heavy analysis I could understand it, or Hinke-esque ruthlessly results oriented methods of roster construction and philosophy, but all the Warriors did was draft two guys who happened to turn into the best three point shooters in history and then have the coach say "Yes, do more of that".

That's too simple. The Warriors spent 25 years trying to win by outscoring people.

The real change was in the defense, and that started with signing Igoudala and trading for Bogut and bringing in Ron Adams, and later, in refusing to trade Klay Thompson for David Lee.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are you trying to kill the guy?

Eh I mean Roberson doesn't shoot many shots so it's not like he's going to die from the worst outcome.

predicto posted:

That's too simple. The Warriors spent 25 years trying to win by outscoring people.

The real change was in the defense, and that started with signing Igoudala and trading for Bogut and bringing in Ron Adams, and later, in refusing to trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Tae posted:

Peope in san fran hate san fran.

I live in the very center of San Francisco and I genuinely loving love San Francisco down to my toes, and when I complain about her, it only is because she is so close to perfection that the few but glaring flaws are that much more painful to me. :colbert:

lol Kevin Love of course

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Away all Goats posted:

Lowry with the post-game interview assist

https://streamable.com/ber3b

I'm glad Toronto has a Norm on their team, but they will never achieve true Canadian greatness until they also have a Gord.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
if you really want to kill someone make them drink every time Russ misses a shot

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Can someone remind me why the Celtics and Bulls aren''t playing today?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Can someone remind me why the Celtics and Bulls aren''t playing today?

Teams usually get 2 days of rest, especially when the series is moving to another city.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

predicto posted:

I live in the very center of San Francisco and I genuinely loving love San Francisco down to my toes, and when I complain about her, it only is because she is so close to perfection that the few but glaring flaws are that much more painful to me. :colbert:

lol Kevin Love of course

SF owns except for most of its inhabitants and corollary expenses from living in often one of the nearly perfect climates and beautiful location in the world

I live in sac and going down to SF over the past decade has become increasingly bittersweet

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Dion article is the most Dion Waiters thing that's ever existed
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/dion-waiters-miami-heat-nba-is-lucky/

This is a wonderful article, thanks.

Metapod posted:

*Dread Pirate Robert voice* Learn to accept disappointment.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
getting pretty hyped for the spurs grizz game tonight

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

I'd be hyped too if it weren't on fuckin nbatv which my cheap rear end Vue package doesn't have >:$

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

They are a bunch of betas

Rumblefish, Johnny. I can look at 'em for hours.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

This is a wonderful article, thanks.

*Dread Pirate Robert voice* Learn to accept disappointment.

Never

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ammanas posted:

I'd be hyped too if it weren't on fuckin nbatv which my cheap rear end Vue package doesn't have >:$

Fox Sports Go ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

From CBS Sports:
Green has been messing with him all series long, particularly when Harkless has the ball outside the arc. This goes back to the end of the regular season, where Harkless went into the final game shooting 35.1 percent from downtown. If he finished the season shooting over 35 percent he was due a $500K bonus, so understandably, he didn't shoot any triples in the Blazers' finale.

During Game 3 in Portland on Saturday night, Green brought that up on the court, getting in Harkless' head with his very specific trash talk. Via ESPN:

At one point during Game 2, while he was guarding Harkless along the perimeter, Green baited his opponent to hoist a 3.

"You ain't gonna shoot it. You're still chasing that petty-rear end change," Green yelled to Harkless, sources told ESPN.

In 20 minutes of play in Game 3, Harkless went 0-for-4 from the field and had a plus/minus of minus-7, the lowest ratio among Portland's starters. All four of his shot attempts were from under the basket, and of those four misses, Green was the primary defender on three possessions.

With less than five minutes remaining in the second quarter, on a designed out-of-bounds play, Harkless had Green sealed on his back in the paint and received the ball, took a hard dribble to his left, pump-faked and elevated for a layup -- but Green viciously swatted the shot away.

"Get that weak s--- out of here," Green was heard saying, according to a source who was close to the play.

Green dared Harkless to let it fly from deep, to no avail.

"If you hit this, I might think about contesting the next one," he told Harkless, according to sources.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

avast, ye land-lubber!
:yarr:reddit nba streams:pirate:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Imagine five hundred thousand US dollars being petty-rear end change.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/857032625722200070

Fred Has the league shook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

edit: wrong thread

• Locked thread