Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

oohhboy posted:

He is really personally that tired of it

I don't know that Jason Statham ever really got tired of being handed millions of dollars just to show up on action movie sets and be Gravelly Voiced Bald British Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Valerian is going to be good.

Hot take comin' through

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dark Tower's probably gonna suck though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jason Statham was 10000% the best thing about the last Fast film. He has two major action set pieces and you're craving to see him for the rest of the film.

Crank 1 is a top 5 action movie ever made.

Where is Crank 3?!!!!!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He is tired of this woman throwing herself at him who he has no interest and feels degraded by it as it looks.

I am sure he appreciate the money either way.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
All these critics acting like this the first time a woman has made a Sci fi action movie and its like they totally forgot the wachouwski sisters have been churning out movies for 25 years

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I expect it'll be The 5th Element, except with completely uninteresting actors and characters instead of Bruce and Milla.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've been going through Movies with Mikey over the last few days and I'm really enjoying the poo poo out of these. It's like the other side of the Plinkett coin. Amusing and thoughtful but instead of doing a review of the most disappointing thing since my son, he chooses movies he really enjoys and has something positive to say about.

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
im hoping it's a fifth element remake with cara delevingne

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It would, because Man of Steel and Beavis already lowered expectations so much this could have been a decent Aquaman movie and people would still be adoring it.

Well poo poo, I think it's hard to be disappointed anymore when your expectations are so low they're right next to loving dinosaur bones.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like the people expecting Valerian to be another 5th element are going to be sorely disappointed

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dark Tower's probably gonna suck though.

It depends on how involved Stephen King is. If he's there in name only it might not be bad.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canned from the band posted:

im hoping it's a fifth element remake with cara delevingne

Yeah like no. Even if it is lets not reboot a already awesome film.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Yeah like no. Even if it is lets not reboot a already awesome film.

Exactly. Reboot bad movies with good premises.

Where's my Valley of the Gwanghi remake?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Running Man needs a remake. But not overly dark and gritty. It has to be stupid fun and gory.

maybe not stupid. never go full sandler.

vermin fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 7, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Valerian looks kinda cool but the main casting screams YA novel adaptation. I've seen over the last years some cool concepts or trailers, a post-apocalyptic setting, some vast dystopia and I get interested, then we see the main characters but it's some extremely baby-faced children in the leads and gently caress, it's YA bullshit.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you seen the reboot Robocop and Total recall?!!? I rest my case.

Did you know that they are rebooting Resident Evil even before the heat on the seat in the cinema had dissipated?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Since YA is all the rage these days when we gonna get movie adaption of all of heinleins young adult novels for instance "the tunnel in the sky" one of my favs

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Have you seen the reboot Robocop and Total recall?!!? I rest my case.

Studios don't know how to do anything with reboots other than make winking nods and strip out all the weirdness that made the original good and cool.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

vermin posted:

Running Man needs a remake. But not overly dark and gritty. It has to be stupid fun and gory.

maybe not stupid. never go full sandler.

The Hunger Games was the Running Man remake

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

We're probably overdue for another Lord of the Flies adaptation as far as YA goes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Remake Running Man but keep the part where Fleetwood Mac is in jail for subversive music.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

vermin posted:

A Running Man remake will start with 6 films for the origin stories of each stalker and Ben Richards, followed with the actual Running Man event film, then films of stand alone stories set in the same Runningverse.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Do Running Man, but instead of people in the audience picking the killers, people tweet their choice.

Have people tweet all kinds of poo poo, like activating hazards and stuff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Do Running Man, but instead of people in the audience picking the killers, people tweet their choice.

Have people tweet all kinds of poo poo, like activating hazards and stuff.

This was basically the last episode of Black Mirror, but it involved killer robot bees so it was kinda dumb.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

This was basically the last episode of Black Mirror, but it involved killer robot bees so it was kinda dumb.

Yea, imagine instead of it being the dumb bees, it was like #ActivateHoverMines or #ReleaseTheHounds. Use your imagination for more.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't know why New Line isn't giving me $2M to make Friday the 13th movies.

You can't lose money on horror movies as long as you don't have insane people behind the camera demanding $70M for some inexplicable reason.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

FuturePastNow posted:

The Hunger Games was the Running Man remake

The Hunger Games was a Battle Royale remake

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FuturePastNow posted:

I expect it'll be The 5th Element, except with completely uninteresting actors and characters instead of Bruce and Milla.

a bone to pick posted:

I feel like the people expecting Valerian to be another 5th element are going to be sorely disappointed

Baronjutter posted:

Valerian looks kinda cool but the main casting screams YA novel adaptation. I've seen over the last years some cool concepts or trailers, a post-apocalyptic setting, some vast dystopia and I get interested, then we see the main characters but it's some extremely baby-faced children in the leads and gently caress, it's YA bullshit.

Yall are bring me down. I still hope Valerian is entertaining and ill still go watch it. I just want to see something other than another spiderman movie.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Here's a hot take:

If Wonder Woman had been directed by a man, literally exactly the same movie shot for shot, word for word, it wouldn't be getting the same level of praise.

Discuss!

Idk what "the level of praise" wonder woman got was, I guess a bunch?

Anyway I just saw it for the first time last night and I legit enjoyed myself. Film wasn't flawless but I had fun, liked the male and female leads and even thought the moral of the movie was p good. I dunno if it deserves as much praise as you perceive it as getting but if I had just been told a man directed it I don't think it would change any of my opinions on it.

Edit- also I liked the male and female leads in a big budget Hollywood film. I haven't said that in years if you discount mad max.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 7, 2017

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It was loving horrible. The ending was some of the most laughable most terrible poo poo I've ever seen.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If this is the "good" DC movie then holy poo poo.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Yug posted:

If this is the "good" DC movie then holy poo poo.

Her tatas are trapped in some sort of weird metal shirt and so you can't even see them bounce around..... Zero bags of popcorn

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Her tatas are trapped in some sort of weird metal shirt and so you can't even see them bounce around..... Zero bags of popcorn

More nudity would definitely have been an improvement for my viewing experience but it wouldn't have made the movie any less poo poo.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

True, I forgot the joke but basically the hot IDF girls trick the innocent little jew boys into marriage or something

My Jewish friend said her birthright trip was basically an excuse for young Jews to hook up, get drunk on israeli booze, and/or become zionists, so apparently there is at least some pressure there to continue the line.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My friend saw WW and his review was "It was really good but we walked out at the end"

idk how a movie could be good if the ending was so bad you had to walk out on it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Baronjutter posted:

The crazy thing is the dude is like 35

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Weirdo posted:

My Jewish friend said her birthright trip was basically an excuse for young Jews to hook up, get drunk on israeli booze, and/or become zionists, so apparently there is at least some pressure there to continue the line.
hillel, birthright, and other college based jewish organizations serve the sole purpose of making sure nice jewish boys and girls have sex with and marry other nice jewish boys and girls. disclaimer, I am a jew.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

My friend saw WW and his review was "It was really good but we walked out at the end"

idk how a movie could be good if the ending was so bad you had to walk out on it.

lmfao

Corporate PR says I have to like this or I'm a misogynist so it was really good, so good I was almost able to stand being in the theater the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Zmej posted:

hillel, birthright, and other college based jewish organizations serve the sole purpose of making sure nice jewish boys and girls have sex with and marry other nice jewish boys and girls. disclaimer, I am a jew.

There's more than one religion out there that does this. It gets weird when they want you to hook up with someone but not have sex before marriage.

• Locked thread