Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

don't defend that super stupid post. it isn't like an intro class is making somebody translate greek. when you study things, those things have terms. you can get through an intro comp class (where you encounter rhetoric) with three greek terms that are actually not that bizarre because they are related to terms we use in everyday communication. pathos = emotion, ethos = credibility, logos = logic. bing bong.

actually its pathos = mccoy logos = spock ethos = kirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

TeriZCa8!a posted:

Ok shitposting 101 question because I'm drunk enough. I go to work then come home to 2000 posts on this awesome thread. I read like the speed of light so I reply to the posts that I feel like (while swigging straight shot of absolut because i have no life) but by that time my replies are like farts in the wind because you all all are on a totally different subject so it seems kinda lame ..suggestions?

people respond to posts regardless of how far back :justpost:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

change my name posted:

I want to join a D&D group
lol you would

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

JosefStalinator posted:

and thus Teresa Neigh was born

:hai:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

i legit dont know and would love if someone told me

baloogan had the horse as a concubine/mistress for ages but it was only when he hosed it with that one event that he had a kid

and thus Teresa Neigh was born

oh yeah event pregnancies are hosed up and bypass fertility checks

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

actually its pathos = mccoy logos = spock ethos = kirk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

GobiasIndustries posted:

outside of faking 9/11 im pretty sure pushing 23 million americans off of healthcare is right up there

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

change my name posted:

I want to join a D&D group

I rolled my character:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

You should play with a C-SPAM group instead.

is there one

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

oh yeah event pregnancies are hosed up and bypass fertility checks

this is gonna be rough cause baloogan has like, 15 kids and Teresa Neigh is like the 10th anda girl

i dont think i am gonna be able to continue the horse game without cheesing it

so far I have cheesed nothing because its been so amazing without any help

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

put more skill points into stabbery and buttkickage not talkfacing!!!!!!

jus lost my job down at the stabbery
*kicks rock with hands in pockets*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The House & Senate are 100% doing more damage to the country right now than Trump, at least at a domestic level.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

I rolled my character:

i rolled my character:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Jeb

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GobiasIndustries posted:

The House & Senate are 100% doing more damage to the country right now than Trump, at least at a domestic level.

Cause Trump is a good, the best president.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

eonwe posted:

is there one

:colbert:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

yeah laws will outlast our idiot president

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
wait wait theres a cspam dnd group what

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GobiasIndustries posted:

outside of faking 9/11 im pretty sure pushing 23 million americans off of healthcare is right up there

it's not, but even if you want to go down that path, 12 million lost health insurance under Bush. additionally, he cut veterans health benefits and all funding for reproductive health overseas.

he did expand federal health coverage to include fetuses though :unsmith:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

eonwe posted:

im trying to come up with a funny backstory for my half-orc barbarian. I MAY have a D&D group lined up for my first game but I wanna have a good story

your parents loved one another a lot and your mom's tribe was very progressive so after your father had proved his worth by slaughtering some of their enemies for his dowry they were happy to let him join

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

it's not, but even if you want to go down that path, 12 million lost health insurance under Bush. additionally, he cut veterans health benefits and all funding for reproductive health overseas.

he did expand federal health coverage to include fetuses though :unsmith:

but he outlawed research into animal-human hybrids

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Where is the C-Spam codex for table top gaming. Besides the ones I have been diligently working on for years.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

okay I made a half-gnome artificer named T'edd Cruize

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
When are we going to get single payer cat healthcare?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

i rolled my character:

Who wants to play the Hentaimancer?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the concept of playing a red mage or samurai in ffxiv is tempting but i know if i buy it i'll get bored real quick like :\

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

eonwe posted:

is there one

I dunno, I was making a D&D joke.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

but he outlawed research into animal-human hybrids

then why are the frogs gay answer me that!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

id legit join one if there was

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bert Roberge posted:

Who wants to play the Hentaimancer?

you gotta be squiddin' me!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bump_fn posted:

you gotta be squiddin' me!

pls dont be squiddin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

Congress isn't doing poo poo right now, though, until they get the AHCA passed anyway

Trump's appointed Cabinet minions are the ones doing actual damage at the moment (Sessions, Pruitt, Price, DeVos)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/876964061027684352 Welp.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

trump is going to get nothing accomplished (the ahca will be congress' monster) and he will pale in comparison to GWB who is currently being rehabilitated all over the media :laffo:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/danney_williams/status/876550361955389442

theres not much weirder out there than the guy who is just so thirsty for daddy bill

20 years from now there's going to be a court order to exhume Bill Clinton to get another DNA test done.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there are literally billions of people on earth and it's clearly impossible for two individuals of the same species to have remotely similar facial structure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

old bitch

• Locked thread