Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Dictator. posted:

at 22:20, aggro-ing a guardian, then climbing a tree to fly to the top of the temple of time

He doesn't aggro a guardian, the red line is from the hits the tree gets while in stasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

BioTech posted:

He doesn't aggro a guardian, the red line is from the hits the tree gets while in stasis.

my bad, it looked like a guardian laser but I didn't pay attention to the part before it. Indeed just stasis+hitting a bunch of times, but still a cool move.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Fun bug: it seems you can't get the Medals of Honor for killing Hinoxes and Taluses in Master Mode. 21 of the Hinoxes that weren't already black are promoted and no longer set the correct flags in Kilton's list. Same thing happens with Taluses, where almost all the regular Talus are now Luminous and I think the Luminous ones are now Rare.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Ok thanks for the heads up because I was seriously considering taking a long break from the game after the lakebed temple, but I will power through. I just got the Master Sword so hopefully things will pick up now, because christ it feels like this game is slow as all hell.

You're definitely in the fun part now.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

GobiasIndustries posted:

You're definitely in the fun part now.

He just stepped out of the room of resurrection?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dirk the Average posted:

He just stepped out of the room of resurrection?

I'm playing twilight princess not breath of the wild. I mean I am playing breath of the wild too (just finished my 2nd divine beast on my 2nd playthrough), but we were talking about twilight princess.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The only fun part of TP is Snowhead Temple

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Nah, that game is hella fun overall. It's just slow in parts and is kinda bland outside of Midna, Malon, and the Yetis.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in the third (final) section of the trail of the sword. I found 3 ancient arrows in a chest so far. There was a chest underwater that I missed because apparently it was sitting on a big magnetic cube and I accidentally locked onto the cube instead of the chest with my magnesis. Does that chest have ancient arrows in it? Did I gently caress myself?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Cooking one piece of wood gives a quarter heart, does cooking 5 pieces give you 1 and a quarter?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RCarr posted:

I'm in the third (final) section of the trail of the sword. I found 3 ancient arrows in a chest so far. There was a chest underwater that I missed because apparently it was sitting on a big magnetic cube and I accidentally locked onto the cube instead of the chest with my magnesis. Does that chest have ancient arrows in it? Did I gently caress myself?

I believe there's a chest with ancient arrows in a rest area, one under lava, and one frozen in a block of ice.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

RCarr posted:

There are 9 arrows total.

One chest is in lava on the level with a bunch of moblins in the fort, one in a block of ice you get by just holding the flame spear near it, and one i forget.

You probably want to save 4 or so for the last few levels when you have to fight Stalkers, Flyers, and Lynels concurrently. I ended up finishing with a bunch of extras by being too stingy with them when they would've been helpful in a few tight spots against silver moblins or against the broken guardians when messing up positioning. Do not use it on the solo Lynel as you could really use his bow!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Counterpoint: use one on the solo lynel because there's nothing scary after him that you can't solve with ancient arrows, and for that you don't need his bow.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

frodnonnag posted:

Cooking one piece of wood gives a quarter heart, does cooking 5 pieces give you 1 and a quarter?

Nope, the blackened food or whatever it's called is always just a quarter heart, unfortunately

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wish there was a musical instrument in this game. That's the Zeldaiest thing missing I think. Hestu should share his maracas.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mastajake posted:

Nah, that game is hella fun overall. It's just slow in parts and is kinda bland outside of Midna, Malon, and the Yetis.

Yea it drags in the beginning but gets fun once you can fast-travel & such. I hope Dr. House is playing the HD remake because good lord the first part of the game in the original was even more tedious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

frodnonnag posted:

As mentioned, no. Cooking 40 separate hard food meals is tedious.

I never tried mixing wood with a fairy though.

I did scare away one of the fairies in the rest area like an idiot, though.

That said, in the final section I ended up not needing my fairies and only one of my full heal foods.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yea it drags in the beginning but gets fun once you can fast-travel & such. I hope Dr. House is playing the HD remake because good lord the first part of the game in the original was even more tedious.

I am playing the HD remake.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't recall how TPHD changed the beginning? It was still the same boring hour long gauntlet of tutorials, some for mechanics that only ever crop up once more

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Calaveron posted:

I can't recall how TPHD changed the beginning? It was still the same boring hour long gauntlet of tutorials, some for mechanics that only ever crop up once more

I remember finding the tears or whatever being way more of a chore than it was in the HD remake.

e: but I suppose I shouldn't complain about tedium anymore now that I'm boiling trees piece by piece in the BotW trials for quarter-hearts, lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You had to get less Tears of Light in the HD version, though it's only a difference of like 3 less per area.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phantasium posted:

You had to get less Tears of Light in the HD version, though it's only a difference of like 3 less per area.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME Princess.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

a dinnae ken whit ye mean

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i might be wrong, but I think the master mode sword trials upgrade the enemies. :suicide:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

spit on my clit posted:

i might be wrong, but I think the master mode sword trials upgrade the enemies. :suicide:

IT DOES! You loving run into silver lizalfos by floor 10 and that along with the health regen it's nearly impossible.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I beat master mode sword trial #1 on my first try :smug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

.TakaM posted:

Are you shocked? Half the thread bitched about how "unfair and hard" the one stealth section in the entire game was.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleopolis posted:

IT DOES! You loving run into silver lizalfos by floor 10 and that along with the health regen it's nearly impossible.

why...enemies in the shrines don't upgrade

.TakaM posted:

Yeah, I hosed up at the moblin one because I pressed tried to shield while I had a moblin spear out. Not blaming that on the game, it was all me.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

why...enemies in the shrines don't upgrade
Pretty sure they do. Not all of them, but alot of the scouts are the higher rank ones with more HP and weapons then what is otherwise in there, from memory.

Test of strength enemies don't though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crawfish posted:

Pretty sure they do. Not all of them, but alot of the scouts are the higher rank ones with more HP and weapons then what is otherwise in there, from memory.

Test of strength enemies don't though.

Well that explains why some rank 2 scouts took about three bars worth of stamina to kill with phantom armor + a royal claymore :shepicide:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

spit on my clit posted:

Well that explains why some rank 2 scouts took about three bars worth of stamina to kill with phantom armor + a royal claymore :shepicide:

I've gotten very good at the very boring process of chipping the rank 2 scouts to death with their own eyebeams.

e: In hindsight I should probably go get the ancient armor set bonus just so the ancient weapons I'm hitting them with actually...do a thing?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Playing on the gamepad and some of the motion control puzzles, which would take two seconds with a joystick, require me to twist my neck until I'm facing the roof just so I can see what's happening on screen.

This is worse than the wrist pain swimming gave me in Skyward Sword.

I hate motion controls.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You don't have to move your head when you move the controller...

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Alucard posted:

You don't have to move your head when you move the controller...

I'm using the gamepad screen to play, so when I tilt it I can't see what I'm doing.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I'm late to the party and just got this game a week or so ago. Just finished the 4th divine beast, and it's been fun, but at times frustrating. What's the durability like on the ancient weapons from Robbie? I'm hesitant to spend thousands of rupees on poo poo that's going to break after one battle like all the other poo poo I find.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GobiasIndustries posted:

yup, I didn't know you could boil trees and it serves no purpose at all in the real game but in the trials it's a godsend.

are you loving kidding me.

:vince:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t believe in murdering trees.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Big McHuge posted:

I'm late to the party and just got this game a week or so ago. Just finished the 4th divine beast, and it's been fun, but at times frustrating. What's the durability like on the ancient weapons from Robbie? I'm hesitant to spend thousands of rupees on poo poo that's going to break after one battle like all the other poo poo I find.

The Ancient Shield is the second best shield in the game. Reflects guardian beams for days, definitely worth the investment.

The Ancient Bow is also worth the purchase price. It's long range like the Falcon Bow, great for the horse archery challenge or just shooting foes from a long way away with Ancient Arrows. Speaking of...

Ancient Arrows. You want these. You want lots of these.

I wouldn't bother with the weapons, personally, because you can easily get more of the standard Guardian weapons by beating the Major Tests of Strength after a Blood Moon. (They respawn, in case you didn't know- good for aforementioned weapons and Ancient Cores.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Silver Falcon posted:

The Ancient Shield is the second best shield in the game. Reflects guardian beams for days, definitely worth the investment.

The Ancient Bow is also worth the purchase price. It's long range like the Falcon Bow, great for the horse archery challenge or just shooting foes from a long way away with Ancient Arrows. Speaking of...

Ancient Arrows. You want these. You want lots of these.

I wouldn't bother with the weapons, personally, because you can easily get more of the standard Guardian weapons by beating the Major Tests of Strength after a Blood Moon. (They respawn, in case you didn't know- good for aforementioned weapons and Ancient Cores.)

That is good to know. I still haven't done any of the major tests of strength yet. It's on my to-do list, along with figuring out how to kill the Lynels.