Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If it means more, why did he have to get a prostitute? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mark packer is alive?

all-Rush mixtape posted:

If it means more, why did he have to get a prostitute? :colbert:

You pay them to leave.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanWolken/status/885195446565703680

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

FizFashizzle posted:

Mark packer is alive?

Ever since he moved to satellite I forget this too. His old radio show was the best and I listened to it everyday during the season

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I hope your favorite second city has John Candy, Eugene Levy, and Catherine O'Hara in it.

:golfclap:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

Ever since he moved to satellite I forget this too. His old radio show was the best and I listened to it everyday during the season

His show on Sirius is really good. Or at least it was back when I was still a subscriber 6mos ago.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Houston Nutt has filed a federal lawsuit against Ole Miss

quote:

Nutts legal team alleges that current Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze, athletic director Ross Bjork, and sports information director Kyle Campbell purposefully spread misinformation to a slew of journalists as off-the-record sources from 2014-2017. The campaign was a reaction to an NCAA investigation that found 15 Level I violations, including a lack of institutional control charge for Freeze.

Hugh Freeze's SEC media day is tomorrow

:munch:

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Hopefully Nutt will coach the lawsuit too, so we would have nothing to worry about.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

His show on Sirius is really good. Or at least it was back when I was still a subscriber 6mos ago.

I. was listening to ESPN simulcast some garbage hot take factory on both its channels waiting for Finebaum to come on today. I'll have to check this out

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a long time ago in charlotte his show on 610 had the whiner line, which was basically where anyone could call in and just bitch into a recorder and they'd play it. It was amazingly unedited even for the mid to late nineties.

One day someone called in and gave a barely edited rant laced with homophobic slurs about kerry collins. he frequently said "loving fag" and the only thing edited was like the smallest part of loving you could possibly bleep out and still say you did it. it went on for like 90 seconds. it was amazing, especially to a 12 year old or however old i was.

the next day they spent the whole show apologizing and basically asking people not to sue.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

a long time ago in charlotte his show on 610 had the whiner line, which was basically where anyone could call in and just bitch into a recorder and they'd play it. It was amazingly unedited even for the mid to late nineties.

One day someone called in and gave a barely edited rant laced with homophobic slurs about kerry collins. he frequently said "loving fag" and the only thing edited was like the smallest part of loving you could possibly bleep out and still say you did it. it went on for like 90 seconds. it was amazing, especially to a 12 year old or however old i was.

the next day they spent the whole show apologizing and basically asking people not to sue.

I love that the FCC only responds to complaints instead of actively investigating stations. Its how the spanish language stations in Miami can get away with almost anything.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I was driving through Alabama the day after the 2013 Iron Bowl and I thought it would be funny to find some local radio station to get their reactions. I found some talk show where the host kept begging people to talk about politics but everyone who called in for like thirty minutes only wanted to talk about the Kick Six. It was hilarious, the host was pulling teeth trying to change the subject to Obamacare but no one was biting. Eventually they let on some guy who sounded black who proceeded to rant about how "the negro doesn't know what's best for him." It was the most Alabama day I ever had in my life.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FizFashizzle posted:

It's kinda funny because even though it's on Sirius, they don't tolerate any foul language any will cut people off immediately.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 13, 2017

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

You guys are still following this right?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

dphi posted:

You guys are still following this right?

Yeah, totally. I love it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So whats Nutt's angle in this? Are Freeze/Ole Miss trying to blame Nutt for all the violations?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Pakled posted:

Yeah, totally. I love it.

I'm hooked, wonder how long he'll keep it going?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dphi posted:

I'm hooked, wonder how long he'll keep it going?

July 15 is supposed to be the end date I believe.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So whats Nutt's angle in this? Are Freeze/Ole Miss trying to blame Nutt for all the violations?

Pretty much, yeah

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ron Cherry is retiring... all of the business has been given :saddowns:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Awwwwww yeah. That's the good stuff.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Whoever wrote that must've lettered in mental gymnastics

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How did Auburn fall off so fast after their run a few years back?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Randaconda posted:

Auburn isn't a consistently great program despite what you'd probably be led to think. They're above-average 90% of the time with the other 10% being split between outrageously bad and fantastically good. I don't think you could say definitively but there's a good argument to be made for them having 3 titles in the last 25 years (probation in '93 but only perfect team in the country, '04 goes without saying although I tend to think USC was a better team).

Auburn winning 7-9 games is usually par for the course, not so much falling off. It also doesn't help that Bama throws off the curve in the SEC now so loving hard. Auburn, 8-5 last year, still finished tied for 2nd in the West. Sans-Bama the SEC would actually be a tightly packed, hard fought conference just without the power teams near the top of the polls.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 14, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Randaconda posted:

Same reason as A&M, inability to find a QB capable of running the offense worth a drat.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Randaconda posted:

Punishment of the gods for yelling, "We're just BETTER THAN THEM!" after going up 2 scores on FSU in the 2nd quarter in the 2013 NC game.

In case any of you have forgotten about one of the best college football games and plays ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcTcFzjEppY

Why no I haven't forgotten, why do you ask. :dukedog:

I also haven't forgotten the "Wheels Come Off" game against Oregon the next season either. :wtc:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

Punishment of the gods for yelling, "We're just BETTER THAN THEM!" after going up 2 scores on FSU in the 2nd quarter in the 2013 NC game.

In case any of you have forgotten about one of the best college football games and plays ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcTcFzjEppY

Why no I haven't forgotten, why do you ask. :dukedog:

I also haven't forgotten the "Wheels Come Off" game against Oregon the next season either. :wtc:

How is this one of the greatest football plays ever? "Tall wide receiver jumps high to catch touchdown"

Stop the presses.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Randaconda posted:

What they said, basically there wasn't a run to fall off from. The last period of actual sustained success was like '04-'07, 13-0, 9-4, 11-2, 9-4. The last ten years have been usually decent, occasionally great, occasionally awful.

(And I don't know how hard they've fallen off either, they were 8-5 last year and would've had a pretty decent shot at winning 10 if Sean White wasn't built like one of those styrofoam airplanes you shattered against a tree fifteen minutes into every Christmas morning. The end of the year left a bad taste in everyone's mouth but if Stidham is good enough to improve by a game I think we'll learn to live with that given the state of the West in the age of Saban.)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
BTN is now on the Fox Sports Go app, so you no longer need the BTN2Go app unless you like lacrosse or something.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

BTN is now on the Fox Sports Go app, so you no longer need the BTN2Go app unless you like lacrosse or something.

Sweet, Fox Sports Go is actually probably my favorite online streaming service (though there's some finickiness with Firefox), mostly because you can leave adblock on and get side-by-side for racing.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

Hate that I never was around to see Bruce play for VT.

Every time I make a photo of Bruce Smith on the sidelines at a Tech game, he always looks like he's about to spit out his sunflower seeds, steal a helmet off the bench, and run in for a series. Dude is still jacked.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

That was the best play I've ever seen and i was so happy when it happened

Me too man me too

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AslanHodges/status/885335533869817858

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
SEC fans are mentally ill.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
They still use AOL in Mississippi?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Auburn fell off a cliff because Nick Marshall was terribly underrated and refs started letting them block downfield every other play instead of every single play

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I also think that Auburn suffered from some pretty heavy injuries last season specifically and didn't seem like they really had a lot of depth that could perform at the same level as their starters. I know that is a pretty regular problem to have, with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 schools who are loaded all the way down, but it seems like with the system Gus uses, its pretty much boom or bust, and if they are in 2nd or 3rd and long, it isn't really meant for that.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

This is great. :secsmug:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cam Newton was a generational talent, without him Chizik showed that he was Gene Chizik, and 2013 Auburn is the gold standard for Luckiest Team In Human History; outside of that they're a solid 8-4 program these days.

Auburn having to become a pass-first team in the second half in Athens last season was :discourse:

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Auburn was rear end before A&M and sharks made it cool to be rear end.

• Locked thread