Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

mccain is very concerned

that not enough poor people will die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i can't wait till the dems are all clapping as mccain wheels himself in to vote to repeal obamacare

"you brave brave man!! if i were as sick as you i wouldn't even give a thought to killing millions! you're a true american hero :patriot:"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

is it a new bill? i thought this was still the idiot house bill that was passed

the bill was changed up from the house version. as far as I know there's like 4 different proposals floating around rang8ng from full repeal to "same as the house version" and I have no drat clue what will get voted on neither does the Senate because I think Mitch is desperate get this done because he literally cannot go back on this

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Willa Rogers posted:

I went to amazon to see if it had anything on the new book and lol @ the search results:

they do list the new book with this blurb:

Untitled Memoir Hardcover – September 12, 2017
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (Author)

For the first time, Hillary Clinton reveals what she was thinking during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. In an intimate voice now free from the constraints of politics, Hillary tells the story of what it was like to be the first woman nominated for president in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, kooky theatrics, Russian interference, a maddening inattention to serious issues, deplorable (yes, deplorable) bigotry, and an opponent who broke all the rules.

In these pages, Hillary describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and what the experience has taught her about life. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, the relationships, and occasional yelling at the television.

She also addresses the challenges of being a strong woman in public life, the criticism over her voice, age, and body, and how all women in politics confront a double standard whenever they express anger or ambition. Drawing upon the inspirational quotations she has collected for decades, she shows us how she became strong in the first place, how to find your core truths, and how to keep going in the face of adversity. In that sense, her book is a guide not just for how to persist in politics but also how to win in the real contest of life.

Hillary Clinton lost an election but she remains unbroken and undefeated. This memoir is for the millions of Americans who want to understand what really happened in 2016, how to make sense of it, and how we all can keep going.

i wonder who the ghostwriter is

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bernouts who disappeared when this forum was Clinton-centric post-convention on account of the whole looming fascism thing are cowards, as are the Clinton supporters who ghosted Nov 10th. I didn't really c-spam much until mid-May and I was like "who are all these people" that suddenly came out of the woodwork the day after the election. It's probably why I'm so bitter itt sometimes because like where the hell were you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

got any sevens posted:

vince foster

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LGD posted:

I straight up stopped reading CSPAM during the fishmech/zoux era for basically that reason

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

got any sevens posted:

me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

keith 2020

america's 2nd muslim prez

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/890282063013847040

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I still think about forums poster computer parts

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zegermans posted:

Bernouts who disappeared when this forum was Clinton-centric post-convention on account of the whole looming fascism thing are cowards, as are the Clinton supporters who ghosted Nov 10th. I didn't really c-spam much until mid-May and I was like "who are all these people" that suddenly came out of the woodwork the day after the election. It's probably why I'm so bitter itt sometimes because like where the hell were you

Anybody who dared to suggest that Clinton's position was weak leading up to the election were all shouted down la la la can't hear you so what was the point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bring back the Bernie Sanders thread

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Literally his final post was November 8th after years of posting several times a day singing the praises of :abuela:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

zegermans posted:

To be honest the USPol thread on D&D would shout down anyone even remotely suggesting that dread abuela was bad. The centrist "We're the adults in the room we know what we're talking about" arrogance was very, very strong.

I mean just suggesting that trump might have a chance would prompt 5 different people demanding you "post your map :smug:" lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

is it a new bill? i thought this was still the idiot house bill that was passed

nah they're going over several options the most likely of which to pass the senate is a partial repeal that does away with the individual mandate and the device manufacturer tax, but the chair of the house klavern caucus already said it won't pass the house

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

i ghosted at first cause of zoux/fishmech combo, and later cause the people who were trying to swallow voting for hillary didn't appreciate me reminding them on the regular how terrible she was

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Anybody who dared to suggest that Clinton's position was weak leading up to the election were all shouted down la la la can't hear you so what was the point.

huh weird that much suck and be very traumatic I hope you're ok

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
personally im glad trump isnt letting transexuals into the military. they should be undermining the definitions of masculinity and femininity here, not over there.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Jul 26, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

they do list the new book with this blurb:

Hillary Clinton lost an election but she remains unbroken and undefeated.

fact check: mostly false

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zegermans posted:

huh weird that much suck and be very traumatic I hope you're ok

shut the gently caress up, zegermans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scent of Worf posted:

I mean just suggesting that trump might have a chance would prompt 5 different people demanding you "post your map :smug:" lol

I remember a distinct argument I had with others when I pointed out that looking over Romney's final voting numbers, if Trump could win slightly more minorities than Romney did, and taking it as a given that Trump would win slightly more white people as well, he would be able to take the Presidency

And then that's exactly what happened

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
This bernie sanders thread is hella weak and a pale imitation of the old one

Serf
May 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

every time you respond to zegermans you engage with the suck part of the zone

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

The bernie supporters had more important things than care about a losing candidate

Like feeding themselves, or managing their own families and jobs, or doing awesome stuff with trains while getting involved with their local democratic party stuff to make local poo poo better because the overlord yas kween didn't care about their rural democratic asses.

There's a reason why the DSA is getting more and more members and the democrats are slowly inching towards maybe supporting things rather than outright refusing to stand for something.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

:qq: ur shouting me down :qq:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
They advanced to debate, and then there was an objection about something that needed 60 votes to be overruled, and they couldn't even get 50.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i thought zegermans was supposed to stop trolling if the dems voted to confirm gorsuch

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Zhulik posted:

This bernie sanders thread is hella weak and a pale imitation of the old one
Well the dems need a thread and welp there ya go.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

personally im glad trump isnt letting transexuals into the military. they should be undermining the definitions of masculinity and femininity here, not over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotlEpmAFVQ

This but hella unironically

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

:thunk:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Grondoth posted:

They advanced to debate, and then there was an objection about something that needed 60 votes to be overruled, and they couldn't even get 50.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/health-care-senate-amendment-votes/?utm_term=.33cb042b908e
43-57, lol.

Funny thing is I hear McCain voted for it, despite saying he wouldn't before. Must've had too many (R)NOs and he had to go party line just to show unity.

Or he forgot.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

i thought zegermans was supposed to stop trolling if the dems voted to confirm gorsuch

He isn't trolling he is just an idiot

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

The bernie supporters had more important things than care about a losing candidate

I mean

sounds like they didn't?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

i probated so many people (including a former admin, whom i did not realize was a former admin) for every instance of any sort of salt, pro-hillary or pro-bernie during the DNC because it was finally over and the purge of the Angry People was underway. we called it the Unity Zone because we thought that *finally* all the assholes would leave, which they did

lol i remember unity zone

it was pretty easy to just go "shhh, yer so mad, just get a hug here friend" during the DNC convention while everyone was commenting it during watching it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

I toxxed to that I'd stop posting ITT if the dems caved to the point that they didn't force the nuclear option on Gorsuch.

Serf
May 5, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

I mean

sounds like they didn't?
Here's the thing though:
:ssh:Bernie would've won the GE

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

i'd prefer if he wouldnt structure his sentence with smarmy rhetoricals that suggests that he has an insight to it that no one else has :jerkbag:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this woman sucks real bad and I'm surprised people just accept uncritically her claims of being a progressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

i'd prefer if he wouldnt structure his sentence with smarmy rhetoricals that suggests that he has an insight to it that no one else has :jerkbag:

I mean I'd prefer if half your posts weren't nonsensical pseudo-scottish

but here we are

• Locked thread