Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

it is a reference to the show married with children where al bundy famously denies his hot wife sex for some reason

but i wasn't turning down your balls i was talking about the gross penis skin wound healing. I would totally suck your balls and dick if they're decent

asl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

We already posted this, right?

LOL

:lol:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

LOL

nope, and lmao

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

LOL

lol

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Jesus loving Christ. The incident he describes literally happened in Baltimore with Freddie Gray. Police put/ threw him in a paddy wagon & his spine was severed en route to the police station.

Every city official & police chief should be making GBS threads bricks over this because while police officers are very rarely held to account in criminal trials, in civil trials they do tend to prevail- which means millions paid out to the families.

Monday morning police officers are going to be treated to a refresher in due process rights of criminal suspects all across the country at their daily briefings.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pm me with circumcision deets

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Oh good, here is a bunch of police officers cheering the president suggesting there should be more police brutality against suspects.

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/891004517017415685

WTF is this world we are living in?

Someone should ask him how his campaign promise of cleaning up in Chicago in a week is going.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cicero-cop-shooting-tied-to-gun-chicago-p-d-should-have-destroyed/

quote:

Cicero cop shooting tied to gun Chicago P.D. should have destroyed

Thirteen years ago, William Stewart Boyd, a Cook County judge, drove to a South Side church to turn in a handgun his late father had owned.

The Chicago Police Department was accepting guns as part of a buyback program meant to take weapons off the streets and help make the city safer.

Boyd, who hears domestic relations cases, brought them his father’s .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, serial number J515268. He remembers handing it to plainclothes officers who wore their badges and service weapons on their belts. Under the buyback program, they, in turn, gave him a prepaid Visa card. It was for less than $100.

The police recover thousands of guns every year, many of them through buyback programs like this, as well as by confiscating weapons seized during arrests — more than 5,000 guns so far this year alone.

The guns are supposed to be destroyed. But the gun Judge Boyd took in somehow wasn’t. Instead, it turned up eight years later next to the body of a young man who was shot to death by a Cicero police officer.

The cop — Officer Donald Garrity, who, records show, had a history of discipline problems — is now out of the suburban department and collecting a disability pension as a result of post-traumatic stress he blames on the shooting.

How did a gun Chicago cops were supposed to have kept in a locked custody room and then destroyed end up all of those years later at the scene of a police shooting in Cicero, on a patch of pavement next to the body of a 22-year-old Latin Counts gang member named Cesar A. Munive?

That’s something that Boyd, a judge for nearly 20 years, would like to know.
“I’m doing the right thing,” he says, “and, in the process, someone didn’t do what they were supposed to do. That calls into question the process. What’s happening after you turn these weapons in?”

Police departments in Harvey, Elmwood Park and Dolton all have had guns vanish in recent years. And long before Boyd’s gun disappeared, a city audit found that the Chicago Police Department lost track of more than 130 guns that were stored at an evidence warehouse in the 1990s. Four of those later were seized during arrests.

Now, the Chicago department has opened an internal affairs investigation into how the judge’s revolver ended up in Cicero — something police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi calls “extremely abnormal and troublesome.”

After being informed by a reporter where the gun ended up, Guglielmi says: “We are opening an internal affairs investigation today to trace this gun, verify that it was taken into police custody during a turn-in and investigate how it possibly ended up back on the street.”

Whatever happened to keep the gun from being destroyed, Munive’s family members believe they know how it ended up next to his body. It was planted there by Cicero police to cover up an unjustified shooting by a cop of an unarmed man, according to a civil rights lawsuit the family filed in federal court.

Now, after five years of litigation, Cicero officials are poised to pay the family $3.5 million to settle their case. The Cicero Town Council agreed earlier this month to approve the settlement and is expected to take a final vote soon.

Jon Loevy, the Munive family’s attorney, questions how the Chicago police could have allowed the gun Boyd turned in to have escaped destruction.

“Our guy is dead, we can’t ask him,” Loevy says of the gun. “But we do know it was last seen in the possession of law enforcement.”

Though the town of Cicero is settling the case, officials have denied in court filings that the police used the gun as a “throwdown” to justify shooting Munive.

Garrity, the now-former Cicero cop who shot him, didn’t respond to interview requests. Nor did an officer who was there with Garrity that day in July 2012.

Lawyer Craig Tobin: Cop didn’t plant gun.

Garrity’s lawyer, Craig Tobin, says Munive got the gun from another member of the Latin Counts gang and that his client didn’t plant it.

The revolver’s long journey began 40 years ago. That’s when Boyd bought it for his father. He wanted him to feel safer, the judge said in a June 29 affidavit in the federal case.

Many years later, after his father had died, Boyd turned in the gun.

It took quite some time before the judge found out it wasn’t destroyed.

Munive — who had a rap sheet that included convictions for battery, sexual abuse of a minor and unlawful use of a weapon — was shot dead by Garrity in a residential neighborhood on July 5, 2012, records show.

Garrity and another Cicero cop told investigators later that they had responded in separate patrol cars to reports of a gang fight and saw Munive riding away on a bicycle. Garrity said he got out of his squad car and ran after Munive, catching up with him at the northeast corner of 13th Street and South 57th Avenue, according to police reports.

Garrity told investigators he saw Munive aim the gun at the windshield of a white, unmarked police car being driven by the other officer, Dominic Schullo. Garrity said he ordered the young man to drop the gun, and Munive didn’t, so he shot him.

Days after the shooting, Schullo told the Illinois State Police — which routinely investigates police-involved shootings in suburban Cook County — he was “staring straight down the barrel of the handgun” he said Munive was holding in his left hand.

Separately, Schullo told his own department: “He was gonna shoot me through the window. If it wasn’t for Garrity, he would have shot me right through the glass.”

The Cook County medical examiner’s office found that Munive was killed by a gunshot wound to the back. The bullet Garrity fired pierced Munive’s right lung, his autopsy found. He struggled to breathe and complained to police that “it burns,” records show.

It was nearly two years after Munive’s death that the Illinois State Police asked the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to trace the gun. The trace identified the judge as having bought it from an Oak Lawn gun dealer in 1977.

Boyd says no one from the police contacted him about the gun, though. He says he learned what happened when he was contacted by private investigators and attorneys on both sides of the lawsuit.

The Illinois State Police and Cicero each says it was the other’s responsibility to get the gun traced. But that didn’t matter anyway because Munive had it, according to Matt Boerwinkle, a state police spokesman, who says his agency stands by its findings that Munive pointed the gun at Garrity before being shot.

“Anybody could allege anything after the fact and file a lawsuit,” Boerwinkle says of the allegations the gun was planted near Munive’s body by police.

Based on the state police findings, the Cook County state’s attorney’s office closed its review of the shooting with a letter that read in part: “We have completed our review of the matter and found no conduct by the officer which would give rise to criminal charges.”

After the shooting, Garrity was promoted from patrol officer to detective.

He left the police department a little over two years ago after developing PTSD, according to Jerry Marzullo, the attorney for Cicero’s Police Pension Board.

Garrity was making $84,707 a year when he left the department — nearly $27,000 more than he made as a patrol officer. That higher pay boosted his yearly disability payments to $55,000.

Cicero Town Attorney Mike Del Galdo says Garrity went on disability after sworn, pretrial depositions in the lawsuit revealed he had omitted key facts about his work history when he first applied for a job with the Cicero police. Garrity had resigned as a Berwyn cop in May 2008 after being arrested by North Riverside officers who pursued him as he sped down Cermak Road in his personal car, records show.

Records also show that, while still with the Berwyn police, Garrity was once investigated for violating orders by wielding a high-powered rifle during a felony traffic stop.

“This police officer should not have been a police officer,” says Loevy, the Munive family attorney. “They are going to pay a substantial settlement as a result of this . . . shooting.”

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Kumo posted:

Jesus loving Christ. The incident he describes literally happened in Baltimore with Freddie Gray. Police put/ threw him in a paddy wagon & his spine was severed en route to the police station.

Every city official & police chief should be making GBS threads bricks over this because while police officers are very rarely held to account in criminal trials, in civil trials they do tend to prevail- which means millions paid out to the families.

Monday morning police officers are going to be treated to a refresher in due process rights of criminal suspects all across the country at their daily briefings.

Lmao if you think that an innocent person isn't getting killed on Monday and then acquitted. It's the last thing me or probably anyone else (at least in this thread) wants but I would loving put money on it. You can't spew poo poo like that to a bunch of dumb loving morons(cops) and expect them to not do something stupid lol. He basically just gave them a pat on the back and said no, what you've been doing is fine, just do it even worse now.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

nope, and lmao

Stolen from the gif thread, btw

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Aesop Poprock posted:

pm me with circumcision deets

how quickly we move on,,, ans forget our promises

slut

Bob NewSCART posted:

He basically just gave them a pat on the back and said no, what you've been doing is fine, just do it even worse now.

that and catering to the reactionary conservative crowd who enjoy phrases like "just kill em and save the tax money" or "why dont we just turn the whole desert into glass" . I love how ppl are always excited to share that supercool science fact from the 6th grade

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Someone should ask him how his campaign promise of cleaning up in Chicago in a week is going.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cicero-cop-shooting-tied-to-gun-chicago-p-d-should-have-destroyed/

this is the first i've heard of this shooting, so that cop killed this kid and dropped the gun right

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hey it's ok when we kill, maim, and torture because WE are the morally superior ones.

We

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/891003730761568256

President says cops should treat suspects worse. Cool, cool. Everything is good.

Why can someone say "cops good, criminals bad" and get the support of half the country.

My own mother things it's wrong to criticize the police :cripes:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NotWearingPants posted:

We probably won't have to wait that long before Hindus and Sikhs start getting shot for being Muslim.

Peuto Ricans and Hawaiian's look Mohammad-y as well.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Son, I know you're a serial killer, but I love you so much that I won't do anything about it.

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/890945961878409216

lol

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Dial-a-Dog posted:

this is the first i've heard of this shooting, so that cop killed this kid and dropped the gun right

Either:
1) cops are so incompetent that someone stole the gun from them
2) cops themselves sold the gun to criminals
3) the cop in the shooting kept a "throwdown" weapon he got from storage just in case he felt like shooting someone

Also either there was a serious stroke of luck and the only time it happened it was for a gun brought in by a judge, or its happened many times and this is the first we're hearing of it.

FFS cops, if you're going to be dirty at least be competent and keep an untracable gun on hand. Show some pride in your corrupt work.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drunk & Ugly posted:

how quickly we move on,,, ans forget our promises

slut

I learned my game from trump playa

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Did he answer the question tho

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.

ambient robot posted:

Did he answer the question tho

He eventually said that they had responded, which from my understanding, they had not.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Similar thing happened with Lisa Murkowski and the Secretary of the Interior.. Trump has staffed his administration with such ignorant fools that they think they can go after high ranking committee members and not realize that they very much have the power to make their lives living hells.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

That is pathetic. He immediately tries to nestle his nose right up in her rear end to avoid answering.

moosetoucher posted:

He eventually said that they had responded, which from my understanding, they had not.

lol

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I wish they could just say "Just answer the loving goddamn question, you shitheel"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Don't forget how the Chairman makes her repeat the request to reclaim her time over and over before he actually stops picking his nose and intercedes lol

So blatant

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

welp late afternoon on a friday time to close up the lol shop until nex---

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/...er%3D302%23pti2

oh

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

HMBOL

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dying

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's about time for the weekend golf expedition isn't it?

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Kumo posted:

This is a hearty :hmbol:

Do you honestly believe that in TTYOOL 2017 in these United States of America that cops give half a poo poo about due process rights, much less receive briefings about them?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Plavski posted:

from a while back

tbf if my dad had enough clout to make it so i can have unlimited jet fighters and fuckups in the jet fighters id abuse the system too

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

poor Melania wanted to do the same thing but she's in too deep

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

OH MY GOD :hmbol:

Today is a great day.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

Lmaooooo

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

Bannon's self sucking revelation claims its first victim.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://youtu.be/h4UqMyldS7Q

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

tbf if my dad had enough clout to make it so i can have unlimited jet fighters and fuckups in the jet fighters id abuse the system too

:same:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

oh

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/891036120573726720

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Chumbawumba4ever97