Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
lol that's the best 'asking for a friend' I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

andrew smash posted:

The poster said her parents had owned the house for like thirty years but only joined the HOA 15 or so years previously, seems less likely that the title would be involved in some way in that case.

To the second point, what about them is necessary?

They SHOULD be keeping the lights on and making sure people don't have waist high grass in their front lawn but my HOA can't even meet that bare minimum so they're just useless

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ignoring everything stupid that guy did up to and including passing out at a prostitutes place, why the gently caress would you release blackmail info once you got paid? Theyre immediately going to report you. Like, thats some grade school dumbassery

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Ignoring everything stupid that guy did up to and including passing out at a prostitutes place, why the gently caress would you release blackmail info once you got paid? Theyre immediately going to report you. Like, thats some grade school dumbassery

You should watch knock knock

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Erg posted:

They SHOULD be keeping the lights on and making sure people don't have waist high grass in their front lawn

Isn't that the Council's job?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

Let's say one is a devoted loving husband and father and son, living with wife (married 27 years), 3 daughters, and parents. Everything's going fine, but on one business trip, this man makes a mistake, gets a bit drunk, and ends up with two prostitutes.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

andrew smash posted:

The poster said her parents had owned the house for like thirty years but only joined the HOA 15 or so years previously, seems less likely that the title would be involved in some way in that case.

To the second point, what about them is necessary?

Generally (again, generally) to create/join an HOA you file a declaration with the deed records that all the homeowners sign off on, and it runs with the land.

And they're necessary in communities where people want them and want a general community plan and standards. If your options are to buy a $300k home in a neighborhood where people can put junked out cars in their yard, and paint their house neon, or buy the same house in a neighborhood where people have to keep their lawn mowed and their houses looking nice, most people want the latter, and are willing to follow the same rules to have that.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

La Brea Carpet posted:

How to get over shame and being humiliated?

But you gently caress just one goat, and

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Barudak posted:

I don't know any prostitutes, but I could find it reasonable that they generally don't think things through. Anyway, it's obviously the ultimate humiliation fetish fakepost.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

La Brea Carpet posted:

How to get over shame and being humiliated?

It's okay, mr president

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [30M] wife's [28F] eating habits have become really strange, but I don't know if it's a problem

quote:

My wife Stella and I have been together for 4 years and married for 2. We have a great relationship and I wouldn't change anything about her... except for something strange that has developed over the past 6-7 months.

For the first 3 years of our relationship, Stella was an adventurous eater who would try anything. We both love cooking and would make dinner together every night or go try a new restaurant. In January, my schedule changed for a month so I'd be in a class at dinner time, so we'd just fend for ourselves. I noticed when I got home after awhile that there weren't any dishes or leftovers, and she said she didn't feel like cooking just for herself and would just snack on things, mainly hummus and raw vegetables.

By the time my schedule changed back, I'd already realized she was eating hummus and vegetables a lot. Like, on the weekends we'd cook and she'd say she wasn't hungry or just pick at raw vegetables from the meal prep and dip them in hummus. We were both kind of busy so even though I noticed this, it wasn't a huge deal, but by that time next month, she had seamlessly transitioned to ONLY eating hummus and raw vegetables without me realizing it. Now, almost in August, she hasn't eaten anything else for months. When we go out to eat, she suggests Mediterranean restaurants (where they have hummus) or she just gets a cocktail. She's still fun and good company but it's very strange to go out to dinner with someone who isn't eating. She'll still hang out with me in the kitchen but just say she 'has a craving' or that she snacked so much (on hummus and vegetables) that she isn't hungry. She still sits at the table with me, but again, it's strange.

When I asked her about it, she just shrugged it off and said nothing else sounded good to her, and that it's healthy. And she's right, it is really healthy! She is a healthy weight but lost about 5lbs since switching to this diet, and her health and energy levels are fine. I can live with her not eating anything else if she's happy/healthy, but when I mentioned it to a friend, he told me about the show 'Freaky Eaters' and spooked me. It seems like people who only eat one thing are traumatized in some way and that it isn't healthy not to eat a varied diet.

I'm not sure if this is a problem or if I should say something to her or suggest she see a nutritionist. I don't want to be overbearing or controlling about what she eats (I can eat like a garbage can sometimes and she never criticizes my weird caveman meals beyond helpful reminders about portion size). But at the same time it doesn't seem healthy for an adult to just eat one food.

TL;DR: Since the beginning of the year, my wife switched from a varied diet to ONLY eating hummus and raw vegetables. It isn't affecting her physical health but should I be worried about her mental health?

Food. Weirds.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This one seems kind of mild though

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

This one seems kind of mild though

I mean no one is getting sodomized over carrots, but refusing to order out when at a restaurant if they don't have your hummus is kind of pathologic, especially if you weren't a food weird before.

I wonder if it's just chickpea hummus of if she would eat black bean or pea "hummus" if offered?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sometimes people get into that when they have an eating disorder, orthorexia I think it is called, basically only willing to eat something that is "healthy "and it ends up extremely restricted because no one will ever accept that anything is actually healthy, look at all the articles it tell you that milk will kill you or whatever

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

Sometimes people get into that when they have an eating disorder, orthorexia I think it is called, basically only willing to eat something that is "healthy "and it ends up extremely restricted because no one will ever accept that anything is actually healthy, look at all the articles it tell you that milk will kill you or whatever

alternatively two months later they're gonna make the news when she craps out a baby they didn't realize she was pregnant with

hear about at least one or two of these ever year

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Also, doesn't she need more protein or something? Or iron? I feel like she's missing out on something essential here.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

WampaLord posted:

Also, doesn't she need more protein or something? Or iron? I feel like she's missing out on something essential here.

Vitamin B12 is the big one for vegetarian diets, but yeah she's missing out on a lot of nutrients

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

WampaLord posted:

Hummus has an alright amount of protein if you eat a lot of it(although that doesn't mean she's getting all the varieties of protein she needs), but yeah there's no way she's getting everything she needs with just vegetables and hummus.

Either way my money's on eating disorder. She won't even get something else to eat if they go to a restaurant, ffs.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My[21F] husband[27?M] is scamming people online

quote:

This is so weird. Last night I discovered that my husband is running a small business in which he claims to be able to capture the soul of your dead loved ones into handmade dolls. The dolls are essentially pitifully made pillows with eyes drawn on in sharpie.

I have been noticing that he has some more money lately but I figured he just got a raise at work. Last night, I was cleaning his room and I noticed the air vent thing was loose. I opened it and found all of these supplies and a list of who had purchased these dolls from him.

I don't even know what to think. I'm very confused. I feel like he is taking advantage of these people. They're obviously going through difficult times and he is making money off of their weakness
edit: we've been together for 4 years

tl;dr: husband is selling doll pillows to grieving families and saying the soul of their loved one is inside

quote:

Redditor:
I sort of would like to focus on that question mark by your husband's age. What's up with that?

OP:
It's kind of hard to explain. I probably shouldn't have included it because it's not relevant, but basically, there was an issue with his birth certificate. He thinks his social security number has his birth date wrong and he never got it fixed. It has something to do with taxes. I know that's not very helpful, I'm sorry. I don't really understand the details

quote:

Redditor:
Uh, OP? Those ignorant people he's selling dolls to are not the only ones he taking advantage of. He's concealing income and lying about his birthdate, his taxes and so on. How well do you actually know this husband of yours?

OP:
We've been together for four years and met after my parents died in a car accident. He helped me through it and has always been there for me
I'm going to talk to him now about all this

Redditor:
If I did math right you were 16/17 and he was 23/24 (maybe) when you started dating. Not only were you much younger, you were in a very vulnerable position emotionally. This guy seems like he knows how to play people. Maybe he played you too?

Frank Abignale rides again.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If you wanna scam grieving families why not just go into the funeral business?

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Regulated

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I truly think your loved one would go more comfortably into the great beyond if you bought our ultra deluxe package instead the pitiful pauper deal.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dude should just open up a pay for pray service

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Just get buried at a family funeral home, one owned by the people there not by some llcorp, inc. eight states away and you'll probably get someone who gives a poo poo

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Just get buried at a family funeral home, one owned by the people there not by some llcorp, inc. eight states away and you'll probably get someone who gives a poo poo

Sounds unamerican

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Pick posted:

Just throw me in the woods and let nature take its course.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want the traditional crying-over-a-box-with-my-flesh-in-it experience. I get that ain't in vogue any more, but when I die, I want my corpse in a box to be wept over. No parties. Don't come to my funeral to have a good time. If you're at my funeral I probably invited you to a bunch of other fun events, we laughed and ate hamburgers then, at my funeral just lay off for like an hour, jesus.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Pick posted:

there are almost no more family funeral homes anymore in the us
the megacorps have a standing policy of just keeping the branding and maybe a top guy and rationalizing the supply chains and poo poo and forcing marketing and salesmanship on them instead
nobody gives a poo poo even for the real family funeral homes, they have like 3 funerals a day

e: also they're all delaware c corps, why would you ever incorporate anything but that if you do anything interstate

curufinor fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 30, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Pick posted:

I want the traditional crying-over-a-box-with-my-flesh-in-it experience. I get that ain't in vogue any more, but when I die, I want my corpse in a box to be wept over. No parties. Don't come to my funeral to have a good time. If you're at my funeral I probably invited you to a bunch of other fun events, we laughed and ate hamburgers then, at my funeral just lay off for like an hour, jesus.

Way to take the fun out of funeral.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Way to take the fun out of funeral.

lmao :golfclap:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

curufinor posted:

there are almost no more family funeral homes anymore in the us
the megacorps have a standing policy of just keeping the branding and maybe a top guy and rationalizing the supply chains and poo poo and forcing marketing and salesmanship on them instead
nobody gives a poo poo even for the real family funeral homes, they have like 3 funerals a day

They absolutely do exist, my parents for example know the owners in my hometown. Just call them and ask, stop giving in all the time and acting like everything lovely in the world is out of your control

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I don't get why selling wierd voodoo doll things is bad. People seal with their grief in wierd ways, if paying some dude $20 for a beanie baby makes you feel better why the hell not?

Unless he's charging hundreds of dollars, that'd be messed up.

I saw some guy selling obviously fake 'haunted dolls' with dumb back stories and know a priest who claims to have some kind of link with God. It's all lies but who cares?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I think my husband is grifting people grieving their loved one's death and oh by the way he met me when I was 17 and my parents died.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
[27m] engaged to [26f] but constantly thinking about [22f]

quote:

I met a girl [22f] through a close friend about five years ago. We clicked, our conversations flow, and we texted each other nonstop. But she had a boyfriend and I was older so I backed off. This experience woke up my desire to actually have a partner, but I realized she was off-limits and "moved on."

In less than 6 months, I met my fiancée [26f] by first using a phone-chat service while bored at work. We talked a lot on skype shortly after, and I learned that she emigrated here to the US several years prior - but landed all the way across the country. I liked her, so I paid for her ticket 5mo later and showed her my home state, we camped, we had a great time and I got to have sex for the first time. We visited on/off for a year.

Now I've been with my fiancée for a little less than 4 years, in the past year my career has moved me 1hr from her by airplane, and I'm always getting to see her, travel with her, and stay with her (and often her siblings) in a small apartment. It's fun.

Today I am sitting on my last day of a camping adventure I've been repeating every year for the last five. The girl [22f] and some mutual friends are with us, camping at this massive convention that is related to my career. My fiancée is not here. She came last year, didn't exactly want to stay in one big group, and instead asked me if we could peel off and explore separately.

I mention this because I think about the younger girl all the time. She drives me crazy. I have a great time with her and I'm not sure what I can do to keep this from becoming a factor.

It legitimately seems easier for me to talk to (and get along with) this girl than my fiancée. I feel happier seeing her, and more unhappy leaving her, than I feel about my own partner.

EDIT: TL;DR: I have strong feelings for another woman who is a closer friend to me than my own fiancée, and this has worried and troublesome throughout the relationship.

Help.

But wait! There's more!

quote:

[–]Mariirriin [score hidden] an hour ago
Does he even care about his fiancee though?

[–]badwoodandfabric [S] [score hidden] an hour ago
I care about her. But since we've become engaged, she's been developing habits that annoy me. I tell her without malice that I'd appreciate if she could stop, but she doesn't listen.

She does things like put her fingers in my pits, poke and pinch and flick and kiss my nipples, and shake my lower abdomen because she likes how it feels. She takes pictures of me sleeping and says she likes that I am posed like a baby, and tells me she wants to give me a rattle and a bonnet. Or put a diaper on me. She's not serious but she thinks it's cute.

They're small things that are fairly benign on their own, but added together they make me dread being around her a bit. I still love her, I just wish she didn't act that way.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
schrodinger's age gap

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Dude lost his virginity at age 27 to his long distance girlfriend. Relevent?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I want to record my stuff acting like a ghost so that they can play it on a projector screen during my funeral. Then the people I've hired to play the ghost busters will come in and bust my ghost

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Pick posted:

They absolutely do exist, my parents for example know the owners in my hometown. Just call them and ask, stop giving in all the time and acting like everything lovely in the world is out of your control

getting in control in this case is getting cremated

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmao at the men who get obsessed with a woman they don't even know and think she must be perfect and obsess over her for the rest of their lives, never even knowing that she bounces checks and loves anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

curufinor posted:

getting in control in this case is getting cremated

funeral homes do cremations. where do you think it is done. crematories are part of funeral homes man.