Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

JailTrump posted:

So you want better treatment for prisoners than for the general public?

Because that's what I'm getting from this.

Prisoners should get substandard treatment because Americans are too poor to afford good treatment? It seems like that makes little sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i wish nevvy z would get his idiotic "why won't you whiny transgendered people shut up and like kamala harris" bullshit out of this thread. if you wanna be anti-trans, go do that with all your lovely centrist friends nevvy

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

JailTrump posted:

But can you do it without losing voters and elections?

I am not convinced you can.

It's so in the weeds that anyone who could be mobilized by it is certainly against you and probably already voting. I'm not sure persuadables care at all about it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

JailTrump posted:

I'm really not sure if Gender Reassignment Surgery is a medically necessary procedure. Considering Health Insurance will not cover it.

If prison cover it, and health insurance does not. Why would I not just commit a crime and get arrested so that I could obtain this surgery?

All companies have different policies, but there are major health insurers that cover it as reconstructive surgery when accompanied with a gender dysmorphia diagnosis.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Reik posted:

You asked Condiv, but this is a forum thread and not a set of PMs so I responded. I care about this because I want to help reform the Democrats in to an actual progressive party and I don't know if someone like Harris is that person, not because I want to get upset at her.

She's not that person. Anyone who goes and meets with Clinton backing, large spending corporate donors cannot be that person. You're already putting donor needs above those of the people you're going to be asking to vote for you. Unless of course, you do what Bernie did and make those voters your donors.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

seriously nevvy z, if you wanna prove how smart and right you are go and tell @xychelsea how she's wrong on twitter. she's been swatting away dipshit cis-lords like yourself all day, one more can't hurt right? plus it'll be entertainment for the whole thread

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

If Harris came out and said that denying the prisoner was a mistake would you all accept it?

as someone who's trans, yeah, i'd be a little bit trepidatious tho

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

i wish nevvy z would get his idiotic "why won't you whiny transgendered people shut up and like kamala harris" bullshit out of this thread. if you wanna be anti-trans, go do that with all your lovely centrist friends nevvy

Remember how right after the election nezzy would frequently imply non bad dems were bigots?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kokoro Wish posted:

She's not that person. Anyone who goes and meets with Clinton backing, large spending corporate donors cannot be that person. You're already putting donor needs above those of the people you're going to be asking to vote for you. Unless of course, you do what Bernie did and make those voters your donors.

This. Harris is definitely a regular dem politician and not someone you want to pin future leftists hopes on, for reasons that have nothing to do with that time she was boss of a guy who did a thing in court.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

JailTrump posted:

But can you do it without losing voters and elections?

I am not convinced you can.
The problem is donors, not voters.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

JailTrump posted:

I'm really not sure if Gender Reassignment Surgery is a medically necessary procedure. Considering Health Insurance will not cover it.

If prison cover it, and health insurance does not. Why would I not just commit a crime and get arrested so that I could obtain this surgery?

That's something you really should have said earlier if that was your primary concern. You having not done so earlier suggests you were trying to hide this sentiment for as long as possible in order to bolster your support for a candidate as being socially liberal, and implicitly pro-trans, while believing transgendered people are liars. Transsexuality has a double-standard as a mental illness requiring therapy (expensive therapy, $120/hr for a week and as much as a year of it) before qualifying for the surgery, and yet its treatment is specifically exempted under federal law. If it were only cosmetic, then transsexuals could at least skip the therapy and just get the surgery like any other "cosmetic" surgery. Insurance companies say a lot of things. My dad is in the hospital getting a second stent in his heart and his black, gangrenous toe amputated, and his insurance runs out by the end of the month.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Democrazy posted:

It's certainly not as good as having a progressive out there, and I would personally like to see many of these candidates taking on pro-union, social contract (in terms of farm bill, Medicare, SSA etc.) stances, but if that's the candidate that we have, it is objectively better than losing to a Republican within reason.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like a good long term strategy to me.

Like let's take Stephanie Murphy for example. The DNC cleared the path for her so she didn't have to primary and she was barely able to squeak out a win against John Mica (noted piece of poo poo and 24 year House member)

Great, right? Team (D) has another seat!

Except you'll never be able to primary her in the future since she has the full backing of the DNC. So no matter how left the country moves in the future or who appears on the progressive scene, we're stuck. And since she's a blue dog, her policies aren't going to satisfy the left. That means that Murphy's going to be holding the line for however many terms she can squeak out wins. (or worst she gets over the hump and becomes a permanent fixture in the party like Bill Nelson, which isn't a good thing. see: http://www.politico.com/states/flor...-contest-109614)

The person who succeeds her isn't going to be a GOPe style republican. It's going to be the hardest of hardcore right wing boogieman. And the election or re-election of that boogieman will be used as an example that people in this area just don't want progressive policies. We have to compromise just a little bit more to regain the seat.

Instead of just taking the L today and trying again in 2 years, you've now potentially dragged it out 4-8+ years (while still losing power to the thing you fear the most) and made the hill for progressives to climb up that more difficult.

Also, if you want a laugh, see who the Dems ran against Mica in 2014.

quote:

Wes Neuman, the Democrats' candidate running for Congress against U.S. Rep. John Mica, R-Winter Park, has vanished from public view for the past month.

His campaign shows no signs of any recent activity, even on his social media. No one in the Democratic Party leadership knows where he is or what he's been doing. He hasn't communicated with them or appeared in public for weeks.

He briefly surfaced on Wednesday, responding to Sentinel inquiries with an e-mail stating, "Apologies for being out of reach. On the road, I'll get back to you within the hour! Cheers, Wes." But he didn't.

Now, less than six weeks from the election, some Democrats fear they have no one actively running in Congressional District 7, which covers most of Seminole County and parts of north Orange County and southwest Volusia County.

"We don't know where Wes is, and we've been trying to figure it out ourselves," said Volusia County Democratic Chair Leslie Pearce.

She said she called Orange Democratic Chair Carlos Smith and Seminole Democratic Chair Jeff Wilkinson. "Nobody knows where he is," Pearce said.

Not all Democrats are terribly concerned. Almost no one expected Neuman to actually beat Mica, the 11-term congressman who has easily defeated all opponents for more than a decade. Like many long-shot nominees, Neuman got no party money and little support and was told to run his own race.

"The fact that we have not heard from him is not an outlier," Smith said.

Newman is a 31-year-old first-time candidate from Longwood with a background in public- and foreign-affairs jobs, mostly in Washington, D.C., and in Moscow.

This week independent candidate Al Krulick of Maitland asked the Democrats to abandon Neuman and back him instead, even though Neuman would remain on the ballot. Democratic leaders said unless Neuman withdraws, he's still their candidate.

quote:

On Wednesday Wes Neuman, the Democrat in that race, told the Orlando Sentinel that he had no money and was no longer campaigning in Congressional District 7. It was no surprise, since no one in Central Florida politics had seen or heard from Neuman in a month, and the Nov. 4 election is fast drawing near. Neuman has not formally withdrawn from the race, and his name will be on the ballot, but he made it clear he was through.

Why do we keep losing :downs:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-john-mica-wes-neuman-missing-20140924-story.html

- edit From that article on Bill Nelson from Politico. Just because it's ridiculous.

quote:

“Democrats are now using the tea party playbook and, yes, it worked for Republicans,” said Democratic consultant Eric Johnson, who advised Murphy in his Senate race. “But what Republicans did was primary their members and pull the GOP to the right. That would bring the house down if it happens on our side. What it will do is get rid of the people who want to get along.”

Democratic fundraiser Ben Pollara, who ran a 2012 super PAC backing Nelson, said it’s “insane” that Democrats would want to challenge a tested incumbent in a year when they need to save their money and fight Republicans in open-seat Florida races for governor, attorney general, state chief financial officer and agriculture commissioner.

“If Democrats are lining up to primary Bill Nelson, it’s less a sign that Bill Nelson is weak and more of a sign that Democrats are inherently cannibals,” Pollara said. “Bill Nelson is the only one with a track record of winning in this state for Democrats. He’s proof positive that what he’s doing works.”

(in an article that Rick Scott, our nearly universally hated governor, is a legit challenger to take his seat)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 1, 2017

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Call Me Charlie posted:

I don't know, it doesn't seem like a good long term strategy to me.

Like let's take Stephanie Murphy for example. The DNC cleared the path for her so she didn't have to primary and she was barely able to squeak out a win against John Mica (noted piece of poo poo and 24 year House member)

Great, right? Team (D) has another seat!

Except you'll never be able to primary her in the future since she has the full backing of the DNC. So no matter how left the country moves in the future or who appears on the progressive scene, we're stuck. And since she's a blue dog, her policies aren't going to satisfy the left. That means that Murphy's going to be holding the line for however many terms she can squeak out wins. (or worst she gets over the hump and becomes a permanent fixture in the party like Bill Nelson, which isn't a good thing. see: http://www.politico.com/states/flor...-contest-109614)

The person who succeeds her isn't going to be a GOPe style republican. It's going to be the hardest of hardcore right wing boogieman. And the election or re-election of that boogieman will be used as an example that people in this area just don't want progressive policies. We have to compromise just a little bit more to regain the seat.

Instead of just taking the L today and trying again in 2 years, you've now potentially dragged it out 4-8+ years (while still losing power to the thing you fear the most) and made the hill for progressives to climb up that more difficult.

Also, if you want a laugh, see who the Dems ran against Mica in 2014.

Why do we keep losing :downs:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-john-mica-wes-neuman-missing-20140924-story.html

- edit From that article on Bill Nelson from Politico. Just because it's ridiculous.

If you're asking me to trade a sure win now for the possibility of a win in the future, I don't see why I don't take the sure win now. There's no guarantee that a better candidate really does come along.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

I dunno. Maybe she didn't disagree. That doesn't mean she hates trans people or doesn't think they should receive surgery, just that state law didn't allow this person to receive surgery at the state's expense. Because that's the issue at question.

If healthcare wasn't so hosed in every other way maybe the state could afford to not care how much things cost.

Look, I completely understand how you have an instinct to doubt what some of the dumber leftist posters on the internet say (and I'm not saying this ironically). But that doesn't mean that any position they hold is intrinstically wrong. In this particular discussion, for example, there exist posters who are making the counter-argument in a reasonable manner (Reik, for example). You seem to be letting "the fact that other people making the argument in a more stupid way exist" factor into the way you're approaching the discussion, but this is intellectually dishonest. It seems like, at best, you could argue "Harris did something that isn't ideal here, but that isn't necessarily a reason to not support here", but I'm not seeing anything defensible about this particular thing she did. I see this a lot from several posters on this forum. There will be a position where there is a completely reasonable leftist argument, but you guys will feel the need to jump to the defense of the (usually more "establishment/centrist") politician because there exist dumb people who are against them. Just like it is stupid for leftists to be against centrists on the basis of people who think most Bernie Sanders supporters are Russian bots existing, it's equally intellectually dishonest to not address arguments on the basis of the best point made in defense of them.

Also, more generally speaking, it isn't unreasonable for someone to be inherently doubtful and skeptical of the candidate more centrist/establishment Democratic donors/figureheads are rallying behind. There are very good reasons to believe that a variety of very important political goals (like some effective form of UHC, greatly improving living standards for the poor/working class through social programs funded by significantly increased taxation of wealthy people/corporations, effective regulation in areas like the financial sector and private prisons, etc) will never occur under mainstream Democratic leadership (folks like Obama, Hillary Clinton, etc). As a result, it makes sense to assume that a politician supported/preferred by the same individuals and organizations who supported other prominent Democrats will just lead to (at best) a continuation of the status quo with very minor improvements.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 1, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

It seems like, at best, you could argue "Harris did something that isn't ideal here, but that isn't necessarily a reason to not support here",

I agree with everything except this, in that it is even unknown what she did, other then be AG at the time. A non ideal thing happened while she was AG, and the state went to court about it and lost. That's the extent of her factual involvement.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Democrazy posted:

I don't see why I don't take the sure win now.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
before we get into whether Harris is bad, why should anyone support her over any other plausible candidate?

She doesn't seem to have any sort of unique positive take, or have any particular accomplishments other than "got elected"

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

before we get into whether Harris is bad, why should anyone support her over any other plausible candidate?
Cynicism.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sure seems it

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Nevvy Z posted:

I agree with everything except this, in that it is even unknown what she did, other then be AG at the time. A non ideal thing happened while she was AG, and the state went to court about it and lost. That's the extent of her factual involvement.

If she wasn't actually involved then she should have no trouble explaining that to her critics.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

She doesn't seem to have any sort of unique positive take, or have any particular accomplishments other than "got elected"

Democrats base their choice of candidates at this point almost completely on who Buzzfeed said totally ROASTED Donald Trump.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

uninterrupted posted:

Democrats base their choice of candidates at this point almost completely on who Buzzfeed said totally ROASTED Donald Trump.

kill me

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you're kidding right or do you just want everyone to state the obvious

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Hilary Primary Voters love her for being interrupted for refusing to let Sessions not-answer her questions and ordered to let him bullshit his 5 minutes away. That's the first time people I know started talking about her, on either side of the primary. I'm sure she has some positives.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 1, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Democrazy posted:

If you're asking me to trade a sure win now for the possibility of a win in the future, I don't see why I don't take the sure win now. There's no guarantee that a better candidate really does come along.

You're missing my point.

Let's focus on the upcoming Bill Nelson election for 2018. He's one of the few blue members from Florida. (despite there being more registered democrats than republicans in the state) He's been in office since 2000. He has a reputation of being a bipartisan centrist problem-solver. Everything's aces, right?

Except things have changed. What was once a sure thing is now in question. The left is fired up and they don't want a bipartisan centrist problem-solver. So he's facing opposition in the primary. That's not that big of a problem, nobody has a real chance of beating him there, but there is serious talk that Rick Scott (our skeletor governor) is going to run for his seat. That's a big problem. :siren: bold text CAPITAL LETTERS curse word :siren: loving PROBLEM :siren:. Nelson doesn't have the stuff to energize his base, he's facing somebody with insanely deep pockets and he can't slide right enough to pick up moderates. So the election's going to become a straight partisan affair the same as the governor election in 2014 between Charlie Crist (former republican that left the party because he was losing to Marco Rubio in the primaries and supporter of ACA) versus Rick Scott (a former insurance CEO that literally defrauded medicare on an unheard of scale/venture capitalist)

Is it really winning when you're enabling such horrible people from the right to get into power later on and smothering any chance of a better alternative from the left? I'd argue no. Centrism is the slow road to ruin.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Real talk:
Despite issues with IDPoll and that many of the worst conservative monsters in recent political history have been women, I think women taking positions of power is probably a good thing in and of itself. Despite Clinton being a transparent and odious demon who's entire career has been exploiting and stomping on the most vulnerable, I don't see anything particularly appealing about Harris, but I would like a decent female candidate. This is probably sexist, but I think that despite the unique positions that Collins and Murkowski have (Democrats are pretty close to classic New England Republicans, and Murkowski has independence from the GOP), a feminization of political power is a shift to a matriarchal/nurturing power structure. Some guy that had been abroad in the military once said you can pretty much draw a straight correlation between a society being less lovely and women having a right to physical autonomy and education.

That the democrats are sliding back on abortion rights, literally the most basic human rights of women, and not in a real-politik-making-practical-progress-with-pro-lifers, is one of the most disgusting morally bankrupt things I've ever seen and more than anything might signal that we're entering a time where we may need to restructure the civic structure of the country and organize to do it in a way only the internet would effectively allow.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kamala Harris 2020: Because The Ballot Line Can't Just Literally Read "Generic Democrat"

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Sneakster posted:

a feminization of political power is a shift to a matriarchal/nurturing power structure.

What does a matriarchal/nurturing power structure look like?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jizz Festival posted:

What does a matriarchal/nurturing power structure look like?
You can discern virtually everything you need to know about someone by their views on single mothers and how society should treat them.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Was reading a book about liberal democratic decadence today between classes, and it mentioned the former Mass. governor Deval Patrick as an example of politicians from ridiculously blue states that fell short on delivering Communism Now, and instead fell in line with financial interests and 'innovators' every time.

I get home, and guess who Obama is tapping to run next election?

p.s- Holy crap, he was a bigshot at Bain Capital. It'll be hilarious see the liberals scrub twitter of all the righteous Romeny jokes they did over that little vulturefest.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Sneakster posted:

You can discern virtually everything you need to know about someone by their views on single mothers and how society should treat them.

Okay, so what would a matriarchal/nurturing power structure look like? I'm just curious as to what exactly you mean.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'll add that I'm curious because I'm skeptical of the notion that women in power will value their empathy for other women over their class interests when push comes to shove.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

She traveled to the Hampton's and received the blessing of some of Hillary's top donors so now she's the anointed one.

She received their blessing because she is bad.

http://www.colorlines.com/articles/california-parents-could-get-jail-time-if-kids-miss-school

quote:

The initiative was pushed by California attorney general hopeful Kamala Harris, a rising star in the Democratic Party who "Today" show host Matt Lauer dubbed "the female Obama." Harris has smartly tied crime rates with dropout rates; the correlation between kids' educational achievement and the rate of their criminal convictions is direct. And yet the solutions are alarmingly punitive.

Parents whose kids miss any more than 10 percent of their classes can be charged with a misdemeanor and slammed with a $2,000 fine or a yearlong jail sentence if, after being offered state support and counseling, their kids still fail to improve their attendance. Before SB 1317, parents could be prosecuted under a child endangerment statute. Now kids' absenteeism has become a crime all its own. The state labels a student as truant if they have more than three unexcused absences in one school year on their record.

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 2, 2017

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jizz Festival posted:

Okay, so what would a matriarchal/nurturing power structure look like? I'm just curious as to what exactly you mean.
I don't mean in a specific academic way, and my point about the welfare of single mothers essentially encapsulates any extrapolations.

Strong social safety nets: public education, child rearing services, mincome, abortion rights. That women are uniquely biologically burdened with raising children and that society should supply means necessary to raise children without dependence on a male provider. You know, racist and misogynistic Bernie Bro stuff that black women support the most.

Democrats under Clinton destroying AFDC was further right than Republicans would have ever dared go. Clinton's work on healthcare was NOT a push for UHC, but a sleazy conjob to push smaller insurance companies out of the market and assemble larger ones under a system similar to Obamacare with less of medicaid expansion. After that, Clinton went after social security and failed, and the democrats have only gone further right since. The influence of the DLC wing of the democrats is analogous to the interception of union breakers hired by management, and is so fundamentally broken that the democrats cannot be saved without the bare minimum of dismantling current leadership, because unlike the Republicans, their assaults on the poor are actually effective.

The DLC is the largest and most dangerous threat to every vulnerable group in the country and is the most effective, competent, and active force working to dismantle every social safety net. Clinton losing in the long run is for the best, the strengthening of their influence would guarantee dismantling of social security that would have been virtually guaranteed under a Clinton administration that Trumps bumbling would never manage.

Democrats against everything that would help single mothers. Officially the DLC, Clinton Democrats, blue dogs, liberals, but you can consider them effectively Red Pill Democrats.

Sneakster fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 2, 2017

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Iron Twinkie posted:

She traveled to the Hampton's and received the blessing of some of Hillary's top donors so now she's the anointed one.

She received their blessing because she is bad.

http://www.colorlines.com/articles/california-parents-could-get-jail-time-if-kids-miss-school

Holy crap. When you think they are running out of ways to throw black/brown people in jail....

"Your kid had missed too many classes. Don't have two grand? Come with us, mister. Hey, stop resisting!" BANGBANGBANG

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Sneakster posted:

I don't mean in a specific academic way, and my point about the welfare of single mothers essentially encapsulates any extrapolations.

Strong social safety nets: public education, child rearing services, mincome, abortion rights. That women are uniquely biologically burdened with raising children and that society should supply means necessary to raise children without dependence on a male provider. You know, racist and misogynistic Bernie Bro stuff that black women support the most.

Democrats under Clinton destroying AFDC was further right than Republicans would have ever dared go. Clinton's work on healthcare was NOT a push for UHC, but a sleazy conjob to push smaller insurance companies out of the market and assemble larger ones under a system similar to Obamacare with less of medicaid expansion. After that, Clinton went after social security and failed, and the democrats have only gone further right since. The influence of the DLC wing of the democrats is analogous to the interception of union breakers hired by management, and is so fundamentally broken that the democrats cannot be saved without the bare minimum of dismantling current leadership, because unlike the Republicans, their assaults on the poor are actually effective.

The DLC is the largest and most dangerous threat to every vulnerable group in the country and is the most effective, competent, and active force working to dismantle every social safety net. Clinton losing in the long run is for the best, the strengthening of their influence would guarantee dismantling of social security that would have been virtually guaranteed under a Clinton administration that Trumps bumbling would never manage.

Your description of Clinton's unwillingness to bridge the class divide in the name of sisterhood makes me wonder why you feel like women in power in the abstract is an inherent good.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Sneakster posted:

And yet this isn't what we see happen here in reality as more women come into positions of power.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Over Easy posted:

Your description of Clinton's unwillingness to bridge the class divide in the name of sisterhood makes me wonder why you feel like women in power in the abstract is an inherent good.
I consider Clinton more emblematic of capitalists and sociopaths than women or feminism.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Sneakster posted:

I consider Clinton more emblematic of capitalists and sociopaths than women or feminism.

Well yes, those are the sorts of people that are ushered into power whether they're women or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jizz Festival posted:

And yet this isn't what we see happen here in reality as more women come into positions of power.
Rather than accept superficial tools of capitalist propaganda, what is it that women, and women of color, support? Who is it that was most slandered by liberal capital capitalist propaganda as not being in the interests of the people who support him the most and have the most to gain materially under the policies of?

• Locked thread