Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

tuyop posted:

Now that I think about it, I could also use a few for my classroom. Who needs a $300 pull-down map when you can project one! :downs:

That's like a 1000% more legitimate use then the three things I came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

bongwizzard posted:

That's like a 1000% more legitimate use then the three things I came up with.

Yeah, but my dad went hog wild for those things a few years ago and they all suck unless you're projecting in a pitch black room, or maybe if you spend $600 on one.

I did once project a movie from my phone onto the ceiling of my tent with a tiny one with a 30-pin connector and that was pretty alright. Then I sold it for 80 dollars on Kijiji because I never touched it again.

I also saw one use case where someone had projected a little bike lane thing behind them while they were on city streets, and I kind of regretted selling mine at that point but it probably wouldn't have been bright enough, even for night riding.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Don't Ask posted:

Now on Kickstarter: A portable blinding cube! Blind your kids at home, blind your co-workers at the office! All your blinding needs in a portable, easy to carry cube form!

I guess it can also etch stuff as well?

I can think of few ideas worse than an affordable class 4 laser marketed to idiots.

Aren't there like, laws against this sort of thing? Either way, I hope they put enough aside to pay for a good insurance policy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

tuyop posted:

Yeah, but my dad went hog wild for those things a few years ago and they all suck unless you're projecting in a pitch black room, or maybe if you spend $600 on one.

I did once project a movie from my phone onto the ceiling of my tent with a tiny one with a 30-pin connector and that was pretty alright. Then I sold it for 80 dollars on Kijiji because I never touched it again.

I also saw one use case where someone had projected a little bike lane thing behind them while they were on city streets, and I kind of regretted selling mine at that point but it probably wouldn't have been bright enough, even for night riding.

All mine involved goatse-ing my wife in increasingly elaborate ways.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ReidRansom posted:

I can think of few ideas worse than an affordable class 4 laser marketed to idiots.

Aren't there like, laws against this sort of thing? Either way, I hope they put enough aside to pay for a good insurance policy.

The thing is on a little plastic tripod!

This is like the Cornballer from Arrested Development levels of bad idea.

E: Went to the comments and found this:

quote:

Thanks for your great idea. We had tried but encountered difficulty. It is not easy to detecting human face, skin, and other dangerous objects and then shut down quickly enough. We will keep developing this approach. Alternately, we provide CubiioShield and googles for backer’s safety. Further, we will do warning labels and safety instructions, both on the product and in the App. We will do everything to inform users how laser might be harmful. Thanks for your reminding.

I guess at least it comes with goggles, though they didn't use them in the pitch video because it wouldn't have looked cool.

Still doesn't help the poor kid/cat/hamster that happens upon the thing while it's in operation.

Owlbear Camus has a new favorite as of 14:05 on Aug 21, 2017

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Still doesn't help the poor kid/cat/hamster that happens upon the thing while it's in operation.

I'd think some idiot would want to use this thing to tattoo themselves

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Why in the world would you want to laser engrave a cookie?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

atholbrose posted:

Why in the world would you want to laser engrave a cookie?

If you were to ask that question to my high school self, he would have answered:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm gonna buy one on aliexpress for 5 so I can get cancer and go blind at the same time, but at least I'll get to burn dicks on anything I see.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

I'm gonna buy one on aliexpress for 5 so I can get cancer and go blind at the same time, but at least I'll get to burn dicks on anything I see.

loving millennials needing technology for everything. Back in the olden days we would hand forge a dick-shaped iron and heat it over a coal fire when we wanted to burn dicks on things.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

bongwizzard posted:

loving millennials needing technology for everything. Back in the olden days we would hand forge a dick-shaped iron and heat it over a coal fire when we wanted to burn dicks on things.

Who said I was going to stop doing that too? I'm not putting away my coat hanger bent into a dick shape attached to an extension cord either. I can burn 3 dicks at once!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

PathAsc posted:

Who said I was going to stop doing that too? I'm not putting away my coat hanger bent into a dick shape attached to an extension cord either. I can burn 3 dicks at once!

Paging user Dick Trauma to the thread, please, Mr. Trauma to the thread.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

PathAsc posted:

Just have your target move!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2jyn6mlSIU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

PathAsc posted:

You're flying too close to the sun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7WmUXtizEA

Doesn't have the production values of Captain Disillusion taking down the Cicret Bracelet but still a pro from a technical field tearing down hot Kickstarter garbage.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Can this thread be about crappy Shark Tank pitches too? Because I'm binging the most recent season on Netflix and I find this one incredibly sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDqNv7Elvc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7WmUXtizEA

Doesn't have the production values of Captain Disillusion taking down the Cicret Bracelet but still a pro from a technical field tearing down hot Kickstarter garbage.

Really good

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The top comment on that video says that 800mW is enough to instantly blind you so boy I can't wait for the handheld blinder to hit the market

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I can't wait for the angry comments to start rolling in on the Kickstart page

YOURG PROGUCT BFLINFSIDED MG YIG CONTIN G WHPPRESINS

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

AlmightyBob posted:

The top comment on that video says that 800mW is enough to instantly blind you so boy I can't wait for the handheld blinder to hit the market

That laser is apparently powerful enough to cut through an 1/8" of wood, of course it'll destroy parts of your retina after being focused by your eye's lens.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This thread delivers forever, I can't wait for these cubes to be out in the wild

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

there's no way they'll be able to ship these to euro backers, right?

western europe actually seems to have consumer protection standards where stuff that's absolutely certain to injure people gets shitcanned

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Can I use cubiio for shaving?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

there's no way they'll be able to ship these to euro backers, right?

western europe actually seems to have consumer protection standards where stuff that's absolutely certain to injure people gets shitcanned

Probably, I could never receive my kickstarted toy shotgun to shoot salt at flies because of EU laws so...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Depends, how tan do you like to be?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oh god, did anything end up happening with that asinine laser razor?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mad Hamish posted:

Oh god, did anything end up happening with that asinine laser razor?

No, but now it’s back in laser form.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The MSJ posted:

Can this thread be about crappy Shark Tank pitches too? Because I'm binging the most recent season on Netflix and I find this one incredibly sad.

Considering how many kickstarters there are for existing products she belongs in this thread.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Bulletball: sport of kings.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The MSJ posted:

does the one bald shark actually have veto power over the rest like that?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

does the one bald shark actually have veto power over the rest like that?

He wishes.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

there's no way they'll ship these, right?

FTFY

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a tip line for customs in euro countries because I really don't want that garbage to get in

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I was kinda interested in these https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/doublepods-wirelessly-share-your-music-w-one-click-bluetooth-headphones#/%23perk_pref_title until I realised i could accomplish the same thing with a $5 audio thing.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Two wireless headphones tuned to the same frequency? What sorcery is this? Seriously my grandparents have had something like that for twenty years. I mean it didn't have all those extra feature you're not gonna use anyway but it was a lot cheaper and it's still pretty handy to be able to hear the TV without the rest of the block also being able to.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Can't you do that with normal Bluetooth? Every time I connect my phone Bluetooth to my headphones before I turn my car off it connects to both, and it flat out says it can connect to two Bluetooth devices at once. Are they assuming people are idiots and don't know that Bluetooth already exists, or am I the idiot?

e: it's probably me

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

TheKennedys posted:

Can't you do that with normal Bluetooth? Every time I connect my phone Bluetooth to my headphones before I turn my car off it connects to both, and it flat out says it can connect to two Bluetooth devices at once. Are they assuming people are idiots and don't know that Bluetooth already exists, or am I the idiot?

e: it's probably me

you're referring to A2DP and you can only make a single connection at a time. Did you actually test it out or are you only basing on what you saw on your phone? My iPhone will do this too. It doesn't mean it actually works

As of now the only phone that can establish multiple bluetooth audio connections at once is the Samsung Galaxy S8 since it supports bluetooth 5. I think it's called "dual audio" mode

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Another terrible looking RPG that's probably 100% 3D clipart.

Exzore: The Rising

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Another terrible looking RPG that's probably 100% 3D clipart.

Exzore: The Rising

quote:

Dynamic World – Feel the game world react to various natural factors like time, seasons, weather (rain, snowfall, the wind), day-night cycle etc. Player interaction and exploration alter the game world, making it more alive.

Smart Characters and Enemies – Every character in the game has his/her own mind and will develop through the game. Everyone, right from common town folk to your greatest enemies will get smarter and stronger as you level up too.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Nice try Peter molyneux.