Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

killing luxemburg much like Tienanmen square 1989 was a regrettable necessity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

That woman was very nearly going to hold one of the most influential positions in government had hillary won :shepface:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Ytlaya posted:

Man, the Hillary book is certainly a thing. I really tried to fight against any sort of unjustified bias against her, but it turns out she's actually a pretty rotten person. It is transparently obvious from the way she writes about things that she's the type of person who is fundamentally incapable of truly acknowledging personal fault. Everything has to be accompanied by some sort of caveat or excuse, and the tone is extremely passive aggressive. Like, for all her calm tone, it is obvious she really hates Bernie.

I don't know what kind of person Hillary was before gaining wealth and political power, but it's obvious that the person she is now is genuinely bad. I imagine surrounding yourself with loyal yes-men would probably corrupt almost anyone.

which book is this?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

zegermans posted:

that sounds about as real and relevant to the totals as the Bernie-Trump crossover vote.
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/900164807961305088

https://twitter.com/b_schaffner/status/900123391155482624

this is in line with 2008 btw: 10% of hrc voters voted for mccain

Typo has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Sep 5, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
reminder Hillary is not exceptional. the Democratic Party is full of people like her, and some are even worse.

democrats are not the good guys.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Typo posted:

which book is this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501175564/

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

can someone just tell me the most deplorable scoops on why she's terrible

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Typo posted:

can someone just tell me the most deplorable scoops on why she's terrible

Just stay tuned to the thread, the relevant stuff gets posted.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Ytlaya posted:

Man, the Hillary book is certainly a thing. I really tried to fight against any sort of unjustified bias against her, but it turns out she's actually a pretty rotten person. It is transparently obvious from the way she writes about things that she's the type of person who is fundamentally incapable of truly acknowledging personal fault. Everything has to be accompanied by some sort of caveat or excuse, and the tone is extremely passive aggressive. Like, for all her calm tone, it is obvious she really hates Bernie.

I don't know what kind of person Hillary was before gaining wealth and political power, but it's obvious that the person she is now is genuinely bad. I imagine surrounding yourself with loyal yes-men would probably corrupt almost anyone.

I also feel like pointing out that its also just really loving bad writing in general. The whole "Roosevent:Socialsecurity;Johnson:Medicare/aid;Carter:peace;Clinton:haha" ignores the rule of 3's, which is just so drat important for effective writing.

Also should end with the strongest, so likely Carter->Johnson->Roosevent in that order.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ytlaya posted:

I love how she never mentions that Bernie CAMPAIGNED FOR HER DURING THE GENERAL ELECTION!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Typo posted:

which book is this?

The Onion has a pretty concise summary of it here.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I love how she never mentions that Bernie CAMPAIGNED FOR HER DURING THE GENERAL ELECTION!

Uhh yeah she does? It's one line, but she does say that she appreciated how he campaigned for her (and then goes right back to slagging on him for daring to interfere in her coronation).

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

punk rebel ecks posted:

second sentence second paragraph

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol the hillary book is mad about bernie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*most popular politician in america*

WHY AREN'T YOU PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF A BICOASTAL FRINGE PARTY, BERNIE!!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

it's funny how hillary's book confirms the rumor that the yaas kween blamed everyone but herself when something went wrong during the race

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm glad that Bernie Sandman and his army of extremely racsexist commie Nazis owned the big stupid idiot Hillary Clinton and ruined her campaign because she sucks. It owns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Agean90 posted:

lmao youll still be modding this place when it happens why the gently caress would anything good happen to you

no mods no masters

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

it's funny how hillary's book confirms the rumor that the yaas kween blamed everyone but herself when something went wrong during the race

It wasn't exactly an unsafe bet. A Clinton accepting the blame for anything is a Biblical sign of the Apocalypse.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

loquacius posted:

Every single take I heard on why people were voting Hillary in the primary boild down to one of the following

1) I actually like Bernie but the concept of actually electing a politician I like confuses and bewilders me :ohdear:
2) I'm very excited at the prospect of a woman with the right letter next to her name becoming President, to the extent that other concerns are secondary at best, and I am highly suspicious of anyone whose priorities differ
3) My extreme hero-worship of the Democratic Party has led me to conclude that stature within the Party is an equivalent concept to fitness as a politician and human being

i voted Hillary because Congressional Dems are so awful that if Bernie won, I figured half of them would vote party-line R for the next four years in hopes of completely stonewalling his agenda and making him a one-term president

better to have a center-right president and a Congress that loathes itself rather than a leftist president and a Congress that'd vote 90-10 to abolish the FDA just to spite Bernie

i didn't think even Hillary could lose to Trump

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

i voted Hillary because Congressional Dems are so awful that if Bernie won, I figured half of them would vote party-line R for the next four years in hopes of completely stonewalling his agenda and making him a one-term president

better to have a center-right president and a Congress that loathes itself rather than a leftist president and a Congress that'd vote 90-10 to abolish the FDA just to spite Bernie

trump is your fault

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/905124818046947328

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

that's extremely stupid, my man.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

Obama was a center right president and he got such good treatment & legislative progressive from the GOP.

The Bad dem cliche has proven itself to be a complete failure in terms of message and also being able to rack up actual election wins.

For example when Trump won Dems lost around 900 total races on the down-ticket side despite thinking Trump running would magically make them win.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bernie bros gave me PTSD

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Wasn't it 25%?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
how many hillary primary voters voted trump

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Bernie endorsed her at the convention and spent weeks in the GE campaigning for her along with other down ticket dems.

Somehow this makes him some sort of traitor even though he never said he was a democrat.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

faKE NEWS!!! faaaaake news!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

Also how many people didn't vote at all since she was such a lovely campaigner and human being in general.

For many midwest cities like Milwaukee roughly 100,000 less people voted vs Obama's 2012 election.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

etalian posted:

Obama was a center right president and he got such good treatment & legislative progressive from the GOP.

The Bad dem cliche has proven itself to be a complete failure in terms of message and also being able to rack up actual election wins.

For example when Trump won Dems lost around 900 total races on the down-ticket side despite thinking Trump running would magically make them win.

he got pretty decent treatment from Dems, at least

the fact that Congressional Dems were even more conservative than Obama was only came back to bite us a few times, IIRC

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Literally no one cares whether Bernie is a "real" Democrat outside the ~10% of the party that already hates him. Anyone who thinks that's a relevant line of criticism is living deep in a #stillwithher bubble

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bad dems are basically the football team that is down 30 points and decides to keep on running safe plays.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

Bad dems are basically the football team that is down 30 points and decides to keep on running safe plays.

play to save your job instead of to win the game

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

Literally no one cares whether Bernie is a "real" Democrat outside the ~10% of the party that already hates him. Anyone who thinks that's a relevant line of criticism is living deep in a #stillwithher bubble

nice try but bernie is an agent provocateur and he gave me PTSD

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's hilarious after all the hours Bernie put into her GE campaign, she still decided to bash him in her book.

Really ungrateful behavior.

Also lolling how she has no accountability for her GE loss, it's always some external factor like backstabbing Bernie or Russia.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Uhh yeah she does? It's one line, but she does say that she appreciated how he campaigned for her (and then goes right back to slagging on him for daring to interfere in her coronation).
I apologise, I guess it was difficult to process due to it, as you said, being sandwiched between sentences of pure Bernie hatred

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Main Paineframe posted:

a pragmatic progressive, is this enough ideological deviation to for purging

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

suck underscore zone dot txt

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Actually would like to see the Hillary > Trump number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ThndrShk2k posted:

Wasn't it 25%?

yep

• Locked thread