Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

sam and nin arent max nerd so this cant be correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ashtarath posted:

sam and nin arent max nerd so this cant be correct

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think any classes in this game aren't max nerd

They're classes in an MMO

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ninjas are extremely athletic so they can't be nerds. Samurai.......yeah they should be nerds

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I am everything so that means I have achieved the zen state between jock, nerd, prep, and goth.

Except I post in this thread so that just makes me a dork.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

That's the rear end cancer wisher guy yeah? I've never heard anyone say a positive thing about him.

What I'm saying is buy that man an SA account.

He already has one, we ran him off.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I dont even own anything black...i guess I have an inner goth that never got set free.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

drk is also max nerd

dork knight imo

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I need this outfit for machinist like asap.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brainamp posted:

Wrangler's set, from Hullbreaker (Hard) and Sohr Khai.

edit: Imgur doesn't want to play nice on my phone, will have to post on compy at home.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 19, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Brainamp posted:

When the gently caress did they put an Irvine Kineas glamor in?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

When the gently caress did they put an Irvine Kineas glamor in?

Well, the oufit's ruined now

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Got imgur working, gently caress their mobile site.

You can see some differences, though. The pants are not chaps, for example, and the body of the gyuki gathering set is a cutoff version of the Wrangler's with a different shirt. All other parts (hat, gloves, boots) are BRD/MCH gear. There are no shared models with the Gyuki chest/legs, though.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 19, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I didn't realize that the SB warrior quests were secretly the continuation of the Hildibrand storyline.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
currently doing my sixth exdr of the day

i should remember to cap my currencies

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I didn't realize that the SB warrior quests were secretly the continuation of the Hildibrand storyline.

Yeah, SB Warrior quest is good until the level 70 one where the game saddles you with a slow and daunting task.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well, the oufit's ruined now

C'mon, Final Fantasy hasn't had a better cowboy.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have some good news for you about a feature that unlocks at level 50

They're bringing it down to 13 in 4.1 I think!

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

vOv posted:

They're bringing it down to 13 in 4.1 I think!

I wouldn't be surprised if they just make it a direct continuation of the quest to unlock Dying at 15.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wait 15 mins to get into a Susano trial for the MSQ, one pull later everyone votes to abandon :psyduck:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

All three tiers of the WAR quests are good

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has their been any official word on the lack of journal flavor text on most non major quests? Am i the only one that cares?

I totally understand if it takes too long for koji fox to type up a paragraph of picking up dung and I'm ready to let that go as long as someone comes out and say "Yes this is the new normal" or "No we will be adding all of this soon for consistency"

I don't think they've said anything. I always figured that it's a bug they just haven't addressed for some weird reason.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skaw posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just make it a direct continuation of the quest to unlock Dying at 15.

Pretty sure you can die a lot earlier than that.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has their been any official word on the lack of journal flavor text on most non major quests? Am i the only one that cares?

I totally understand if it takes too long for koji fox to type up a paragraph of picking up dung and I'm ready to let that go as long as someone comes out and say "Yes this is the new normal" or "No we will be adding all of this soon for consistency"

vOv posted:

I don't think they've said anything. I always figured that it's a bug they just haven't addressed for some weird reason.

Huh, I thought I was the only person who noticed that. I would guess it's a bug as well, because job quests and the like still fill in with descriptive text as you go through them. I hope they change it, the writing's pretty clever in them sometimes and it's nice to have if you have to skip out of a cutscene for whatever reason.

Also, I realized that I still needed to clear Deltascape this week, so I decided to heal in it instead of going as an RDM like I did the first time through. It was pretty fun and we didn't wipe on anything so I'll call it a success! I also finally got to use Astral Stasis for the first time tonight! I was doing a last-second clear of Halicarnassus, and all of the DPS's and the other healer blew up to Holy Blade shenanigans, so it seemed like a better idea than running myself dry on MP and leaving half the party with the weakness debuff. I assume that it looked really cool, but I'm still half-blind from it.

Still definitely have some room for improvement on the DPS side though. I was playing pretty cautiously since I've only run it as a DPS before.

once the blinding explosion settled, I went back to complaining about not being able to dye AF3

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Huh, I thought I was the only person who noticed that. I would guess it's a bug as well, because job quests and the like still fill in with descriptive text as you go through them. I hope they change it, the writing's pretty clever in them sometimes and it's nice to have if you have to skip out of a cutscene for whatever reason.

Also, I realized that I still needed to clear Deltascape this week, so I decided to heal in it instead of going as an RDM like I did the first time through. It was pretty fun and we didn't wipe on anything so I'll call it a success! I also finally got to use Astral Stasis for the first time tonight! I was doing a last-second clear of Halicarnassus, and all of the DPS's and the other healer blew up to Holy Blade shenanigans, so it seemed like a better idea than running myself dry on MP and leaving half the party with the weakness debuff. I assume that it looked really cool, but I'm still half-blind from it.

Still definitely have some room for improvement on the DPS side though. I was playing pretty cautiously since I've only run it as a DPS before.

once the blinding explosion settled, I went back to complaining about not being able to dye AF3

That's the Garuda Astrolabe isn't it? It goes great with the outfit.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I think Rhalgr's Reach is secretly the headquarters of the alt-right.

"But it backwards!" you might say.

This one isn't.

I knew Raubahn was up to something.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Eurogoons are located on Omega. The FC "Please Calm Down" is who you're looking for.

This may be a better choice for you, given that this year, the NA servers were moved from Montreal.... to Sacramento. (Yes, we don't like that it was moved there either. Even the Californians.)

Well he'll have the issue of not being able to transfer there until they reopen it, and it's been locked since around 2 weeks into Stormblood.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Learning Neo-Exdeath is really fun so far.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResoluteNastyTrayPeteZaroll

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Finally got a house. Made a Legitimate Business Social Club / Sauna. :v:

https://imgur.com/a/V9eT8

Did the best I could with a small. Fingers crossed I'll snag a medium in Shirogane soon.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Griever posted:

Finally got a house. Made a Legitimate Business Social Club / Sauna. :v:

https://imgur.com/a/V9eT8

Did the best I could with a small. Fingers crossed I'll snag a medium in Shirogane soon.

That looks awesome! What did you use to make the raised floor around the tub?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Xun posted:

That looks awesome! What did you use to make the raised floor around the tub?

I suspect it's a bunch of those partial or half-partitions laid side-by-side like tiles. Which would actually be pretty clever!

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
I really don't want to think about the amount of gil I've spent on my mansion and furnishings.

Good thing gil isn't really good for anything else.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

SL the Pyro posted:

Welp, the O4S PUG experience is everything I expected and feared. Having all the mechanics down didn't save me. I doubt the miracle clear will happen tomorrow.

At least I saw enrage.

I've been pfing OS and cleared Neo for the first time on the Friday of the week before last. LAST week I had absolutely miserable luck with [Duty Complete] parties, only got to start O4S by like late Thursday, and ended up banging my head against the wall until I roped together a 1-chest clear on friggin Monday night.

And the mount AND the coffer dropped and I rolled 20 on one and 7 on the other.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I see that the game obliges you to play group content to continue with the main quest. I got into the first dungeon and as I expected it was all people who had probably run it 1,000 times before and we blazed through it, no time to read anything or ask questions. I was dps so I just stood back and attacked things until everything the tank pulled was dead and boom we were done.

Spent almost an hour waiting for a group for the next dungeon in the quest line but it never came together. So... guess I can take time off to catch up on my fishing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dick Trauma posted:

I see that the game obliges you to play group content to continue with the main quest. I got into the first dungeon and as I expected it was all people who had probably run it 1,000 times before and we blazed through it, no time to read anything or ask questions. I was dps so I just stood back and attacked things until everything the tank pulled was dead and boom we were done.

Spent almost an hour waiting for a group for the next dungeon in the quest line but it never came together. So... guess I can take time off to catch up on my fishing.

Are you on excalibur? If not, why? If so, what goon FC are you in?

Always always always ask goons to run these things with you. We'll give you time to watch cutscenes and read everything til your heart's content.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dick Trauma posted:

Just in case it wasn't obvious, you can queue as dps, switch to fisher and go fishing, and when your queue is ready you can switch back to the same dps class again to get into the dungeon.

And most of the dungeons will probably have that same flow, since it's likely 3 other people running the place for their hundredth time in a roulette.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

This is why you make friends within the game who are willing to help you with dungeons. Relying on DF for everything is going to be a lovely experience.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Conversely I've had almost zero problems using duty finder to get through the MSQ. Once you unlock the inn room you can watch all the videos and a lot of random pubs seem happy enough about the tome bonus to go slow through dungeons anyways. One dude was writing an essay about how to fight each boss in Aetherochemical the other day because he saw the first time bonus, which was cool (but not really needed). The only issues I've really had so far have been in extreme trials where the roulette people have no idea what to do since they don't come up much.

The big caveat is that I am queueing as WHM so I don't actually have to wait more than a couple minutes usually.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The only dungeons that watching cutscenes will be a problem in are the two at the end of the ARR MSQ. Every other dungeon people will wait for you to finish them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You might have a problem in Toto-rak actually because that pre-boss cutscene is pretty long and most people just wanna get out of there.