Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222995752?t=01h25m31s

CIG staff member Jlee gives the ending reward of SQ42 away in chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

So far this is 100% true.

Agreed. I don’t think I have ever experienced a game that’s made me laugh more, and also feel a regular roller coaster of stuff like this game. Like usually when I play a game, I’m not thinking about the ceo or marketing people and plan and their project management skills... but with this one, why... that is the game!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The best thing here is how they went full Michael Bay with their art direction and I basically have no idea what I’m looking at. All I can notice is a top hat.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

Ortwin fluffing the crowd to maintain his hatebonus

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Reverse The Verse Jan 26 2018

Thank you so much for these. :)

I’m super glad VR is so close to done, and other buzzwords.

Glad he thinks it’s all just an engine upgrade instead of something he actually needs to design into his game. His level of not understanding stuff has always been monolithic.

To Chris, everything is just a plug in.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Reverse The Verse Jan 26 2018

Thank you. :)

I hope the Skadden intern finds these all useful somehow!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Titanic posted:

The best thing here is how they went full Michael Bay with their art direction and I basically have no idea what I’m looking at. All I can notice is a top hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuaXqa660KI

That's not the sound of your spaceship's engines whirling up, that's your computer crumbling in on itself as the memory leaks and rendering errors send your hardware into the pain dimension

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope this is true because it’s glorious. I’d fire a person if one of my websites did something like this.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Derek had a great point on that live stream that the current notable Shitizens are incompetent idiots akin to Alex Jones fans.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ewe2 posted:

It's the saddest poo poo I've ever seen you transcribe, though. The weakest excuses I've ever seen, he can't even untangle which excuse to use first.

SomethingJones helps me understand why I have such difficulty understanding what CR says. It’s that his speech is broken, by so many cuts and false starts, and nothing is interconnected. I try to use the words around other words to piece together what is being said, but he is mostly all over the board. There’s no real logic in his word barf and even when it’s written to read it barely, if at all, makes sense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://i.imgur.com/vfYkSJG.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The real tragedy to this is that when everything folds we will never get a sequel to find out what happens next in the Stimpire.

:aaa:

The story ends on a cliffhanger!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Titanic posted:

SomethingJones helps me understand why I have such difficulty understanding what CR says. It’s that his speech is broken, by so many cuts and false starts, and nothing is interconnected. I try to use the words around other words to piece together what is being said, but he is mostly all over the board. There’s no real logic in his word barf and even when it’s written to read it barely, if at all, makes sense.

It's just that that particular example is really really bad even by CR standards. Usually it's a deliberate word salad to appeal and confuse at the same time. This time it's different, and he's actually groping for a narrative, there's no ideas coming because he's been blatting crap for years.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Titanic posted:

:aaa:

The story ends on a cliffhanger!

The mystery triples every second!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Chalks posted:

The whole password in the url thing is testament to the quality of CIG's programmers and their code review process. loving highschool level programming mistakes on production systems, a class act all round.

Coders are cheap. High school coders can do anything. They just can’t have the ideas that CR has, that’s the hard part.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tortolia posted:

I really appreciate the titles given to the different backing tiers. It's like being able to self-select your level of mental illness in the DSM without needing professional diagnosis.

:lol:

This made me laugh!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I have a bunch of programmer friends and let me tell you the look on their faces when I tell them that I'm an idea guy. They practically fall over themselves asking for me to tell them what to do.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The mystery triples every second!

The worst kind of mystery.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Martman posted:

Reading some Reddit comments from citizens reminded me of a pretty classic experience I had with this type of person.

I met this guy who told me he had been spending months designing a game. It was gonna be like Oblivion (this was before Skyrim had come out I think) but way more detailed, skill-based, other jargon (think "fidelity"), etc., i.e. the most Perfect Open World Sandbox Game Ever. He was super into the idea that every single action would be based on and/or influenced by your stats. So, for instance, a character with high Strength would probably open doors faster or something dumb like that.

He finally showed me the stuff he had actually written, and.... it was just pages and pages of lists of actions and the stats you'd need in order to do them. Like, your character can do a Cartwheel! It'll require 10 Strength and 12 Dexterity! There was nothing about what a cartwheel would do, why you'd want to do it, or anything like that. Nothing about what your goals in the game would be. Just hundreds of random actions and some made up numbers next to them. In his mind, this was the real meat of designing an epic game. It just needed some graphics and stuff slapped on.

Like with shitizens, I couldn't deny he had clearly enjoyed his time "designing" that game. I'm just glad he wasn't paying anyone to enable his fantasy.

Kinda looks like you met Chris Roberts before.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

D_Smart posted:

Literally in two weeks, we're going to be in a whole new genre of lols.

make my blue balls green again.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol that dude is like peak Star Citizen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Is there a Greek legend about a man who tries to piss on a fire and Zeus curses him to never be able to stop pissing and also his piss is now gasoline?

Because if there is I'm really surprised by how well it lines up with what's happening here. Really makes you think.

There is.

Replace

fire with immense boulder
piss on with roll up a hill
never stop pissing gasoline with boulder always rolls away near the top

Sisyphus, King of Corinth.
He is being punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only for it to roll away when they near the top repeating this action for eternity.

Nellistos fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 27, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Titanic posted:

I look out for when he changes tenses, going from 'it will be' to 'it is already' giving the pretense that they are working on it.
Some YT originally went into detail on how he does this, can't remember it.
If anyone knows the one I mean, please remind me, would love to watch it again.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Citizen - The Fall

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Razorized/status/957379608382451712

https://twitter.com/E647Rotary/status/957380880720252928

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The Titanic posted:

He isn't an effective communicator which is probably why we hear about how ineffective a leader he is all the time. In fact there was another lead design guy on a video last week who was also a very poor communicator.

Compare to Sandro Sammarco talking about the new Elite Dangerous Crime and Punishment system on Frontier's livestream last week. He can effectively communicate the idea in such a way that it is UNDERSTOOD, and I understood the system he was talking about so well that I instantly realised it was as dull as a box of cardboard and turned off the livestream completely. It was actually annoying me how much of a drag it all sounded, a real loving drag. But hey, at least Frontier can plan, spec and build a functioning system, then go on a livestream and SHOW it to you. That's all I want from a game developer, that's all I expect from a game developer, and whether the end result is to my liking is wholly irrelevant. Frontier get the job done.

Your observation is right on the money, Chris's speech stops, starts, stalls, goes off on tangents, spins into irrelevancies and there is no coherent thought or plan expressed at all. These are generally the signs you expect to see from a bullshitter.

The premise that Chris Roberts is a bullshitter and Star Citizen is a scam is proven out quite nicely imo by these transcripts so it makes me happy to see others making observations along the same line of thinking.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Dusty Lens posted:

I have a bunch of programmer friends and let me tell you the look on their faces when I tell them that I'm an idea guy. They practically fall over themselves asking for me to tell them what to do.

Same. Made a career out of it. I mean, ok, not as in a job or anything. I'll go to an interview and just pelt employers with a fraction of what I'm thinking could improve their organization, and they'll either (I assume) take the morsels I've given them and never call me back or ask stupid followups like "how?", at which point I know it's not the company for me. Scrubs.

Whatever. Gives me more time to pursue my real passion: Star Citizen. My mom is a great cook too, so why the hell would I even want enough money to move out? I've pierced the veil unlike your regular wage slave automaton.

Anyway, has anyone said "Cryrekt" yet?

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoatse posted:

Ortwin fluffing the crowd to maintain his hatebonus

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The Titanic posted:

Thank you. :)

I hope the Skadden intern finds these all useful somehow!

You're welcome!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Toops posted:

If discovery isn't public I don't think I'm gonna make it. The shitizens have reached peak retard, and imo none of this poo poo is funny any more.

You and me both man, you and me both

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Archered.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

quote:

Crytek again seeks to mislead the Court by de-emphasizing key language in the provision that is critical to understanding its true meaning. Contrary to Crytek’s assertion, Section 2.4 does not restrict CIG from “designing, developing, creating, supporting, maintaining, promoting, selling or licensing (directly or indirectly) any game engine or middleware which compete with CryEngine.” GLA § 2.4. Rather, pursuant to the GLA, CIG, its principals, and its “Affiliates” agree not to “engage in the business of designing, developing, creating, supporting, maintaining, promoting, selling or licensing (directly or indirectly) any game engine or middleware which compete with CryEngine.” Id. (emphasis added). Thus, Section 2.4 prevents CIG and its principals and Affiliates from engaging in a business that competes with Crytek’s game engine business; it does not restrict CIG from incidentally engaging in the enumerated activities in connection with a game engine provided by another supplier. In any event, the FAC does not even mention Section 2.4, much less plead that Defendants are in breach of it or engage in such a business.

"Engaging in the business of" doesn't mean doing these things, it means actually starting a game engine business to directly compete with Crytek, which we didn't do checkmate :smug:

This is loving ridiculous.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hey Derek, instead of linking a hundred of your previous blogs, just say what you need to get the point across. That article is unreadable to the non-sperg.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
It is one blog post.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Didn't Derek say he was going to post another blog soon what's up with that did the guy fail to come through or what I've been just sitting here hitting refresh.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lt_Tofu posted:

Hey Derek, instead of linking a hundred of your previous blogs, just say what you need to get the point across. That article is unreadable to the non-sperg.

The trick to reading Derek's articles is to skip to the final 2 paragraphs. Everything before then will be a recap, the last two will have the new stuff, if any.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Morale building at CIG office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGHiVKJh0Y&t=7s

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

The trick to reading Derek's articles is to skip

I'm not even sure if this qualifies as low hanging fruit. I'm just sort of wallowing in the mud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sarsapariller posted:

The trick to reading Derek's articles is to skip

Fixed that for you.