Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

3.0.1 patch was released to Evocati. The patch notes are hilarious.

Alpha Patch 3.0.1 has been released to the Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-705284

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.

Major Known Issues:

When using the Mobiglas there is a chance to cause a graphical glitch that will remain for the duration of the session. W/A: Relaunching into crusader should fix it, but if this occurs please make note of it on the regression found here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/AVOCADO/forum/84096/thread/volunteer-regression-testing-3-0-1

New Features
General

Added monocle to PMA and added eye accessory slot as option in PMA.

Missions

Temporarily removed deploy missions from the mission broker.

Feature Updates
Ships and Vehicles

- AI now have specific shield generators that provide half the shield health/shield regen.
- For all ships, shield HP halved, regen lowered, regen ramp up time increased. Shields now allow more physical damage through the less health they have.
- For all ships, armor reduced to 1.00 for physical and 0.95 for energy for all ships.
- Missile damage and explosive radius reduced.

Bug Fixes

- Players should no longer be sorted into Arena Commander races that have already started, causing an error code.
- Speculative fix for ships missing items.
- Reputation should now persist between player sessions.
- Fix for ship EMP weapons charging much faster than intended.
- Fix for certain weapon families starting at max spread and recovering significantly slower than expected.
- When trying on/inspecting clothes your face should no longer be illuminated by helmet lights that aren't there.
- Fix for ships duplicating if changes were made to the pledge while an insurance claim was being made.
- Admin NPCs should now accept boxes and allow players to complete related missions.
- Boxes placed on admin counters should no longer fall through to the floor.
- REC rented items should no longer invalidate prior rentals and rentals with time remaining from the prior patch should now be available.
- Carry-able crates dropped from vehicle destruction in excess of SCU crates in Cargo Grids will now spawn on positions of Cargo Grids instead of near world origin.
- Players should no longer be able to break their character and be stuck spawning as a white sphere.

Technical

- Various crash fixes.

Known bugs, issues, and work arounds (W/A):

- When using the Mobiglas there is a chance to cause a graphical glitch that will remain for the duration of the session. W/A: Relaunching into crusader should fix it.
- AC ship customization and VMA currently do not save changes to selected ship. W/A: Port Olisar port modification system still somewhat works.

Yes the monocle, one of those highly sought after 3.0 features !

Wait... and they removed missions? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like the tutorial, if it doesn't work just 'temporarily' remove it, and never talk about it ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Why need missions when there is so much emergent gameplay?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I metaphorically want your babies.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

D_Smart posted:

Feature Updates
Ships and Vehicles

- AI now have specific shield generators that provide half the shield health/shield regen.
- For all ships, shield HP halved, regen lowered, regen ramp up time increased. Shields now allow more physical damage through the less health they have.
- For all ships, armor reduced to 1.00 for physical and 0.95 for energy for all ships.
- Missile damage and explosive radius reduced.

They're still haven't figured out quite how combat should work, and are still loving around with it six years into development, but that's okay because

D_Smart posted:

New Features
General

Added monocle to PMA and added eye accessory slot as option in PMA.

motherfucking monocles are in. How can anyone deny that they're making progress?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Blue On Blue posted:

Yes the monocle, one of those highly sought after 3.0 features !

Wait... and they removed missions? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like the tutorial, if it doesn't work just 'temporarily' remove it, and never talk about it ever again

Where is your taxxe?

posting taxxe for you:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Hav posted:

*jazzhands*

Today has been a heavy flow day.

arent there pads or buffers for heavy flow days?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Duckaerobics posted:

This has certainly been the plan so far, but I don't think it can continue indefinitely. The market is saturated at this point. Everyone who might have been interested in the project has heard about it and I don't think they will attract new customers in any significant number. Current customers will reach a point where they don't want to spend additional money on the project. The gaming press has also largely changed it's mind about SC, and the narrative for anyone who does happen to come out from under a rock and hear about SC for the first time in 2018 is going to be very critical.

I share this opinion.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Galarox posted:

Where is your taxxe?

posting taxxe for you:

Apologies

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hav posted:

I metaphorically want your babies.

Only if we have a pre-nup that agrees that they should be subjected to the worst kind of electricity and pain that triples every second. If so, you're on!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TheAgent posted:

why are yall saying "at launch?"

this is loving launch. this is the game

but but but but pre alpaca

hand wave?????

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

how much more can the whales continue, year after year they dig deep though. The question is how long will they hold on? surely there is a limit along with outside sources there must be pressure on showing more completion then they have now right.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Copyright is automatic in the U.S. and Germany. There is no possible interpretation that CryEngine was under some sort of copyright free for all prior to registration.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Loxbourne posted:

7. A Spectacular Unforced Error That Makes Us All Collapse Laughing.

Hey, it is CIG we're talking about. For that matter it's Crytek we're talking about. There's going to be something totally off the wall that we've never ever imagined in a million years, count on it. It might be an unexpected asset (holding a lease on a house somewhere, or a yacht, or a private train car), a hilarious euphemism for payment structures ("enhanced performance dividend"), or something even sillier. But it's gonna be there. CIG can't help themselves.

My personal bid is "evidence of an attempt to sue American Satan's producers using backer money". I'm sure the thread can think up other possibilities. The reality is probably going to be exponentially more insane than anything we can think up.

While earlier I was thinking on bidding on low-hanging fruit like 'Ortwin throws Chris/Sandi under the bus to save his career', after looking at this bit again, I think I might go for something else. I think mine is going to be 'CIG actually has another loan that it took out to save itself and leveraged most/all its US assets against, and Crobberts is desperately shifting money from the UK to the US and vice versa to pay off the instalments as they fall due.'

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Latin Pheonix posted:

While earlier I was thinking on bidding on low-hanging fruit like 'Ortwin throws Chris/Sandi under the bus to save his career', after looking at this bit again, I think I might go for something else. I think mine is going to be 'CIG actually has another loan that it took out to save itself and leveraged most/all its US assets against, and Crobberts is desperately shifting money from the UK to the US and vice versa to pay off the instalments as they fall due.'

tug of wharlards of banks over the corps of crispi.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Latin Pheonix posted:

ooOOoo! Good call. Bet the warlord wishes he'd thought of that first.

drat. Ofc he did. It's in... the july blog :(

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

intardnation posted:

how much more can the whales continue, year after year they dig deep though. The question is how long will they hold on? surely there is a limit along with outside sources there must be pressure on showing more completion then they have now right.

There are probably artists and modelers at CIG LA and elsewhere working up the next great monetizable pixeldream - player housing. Hideouts for pirates, mansions for the 890 Jump types, and a wide variety in between. Chris can’t grow the revenues outward right now — the market too small and brand damage to dire. But he can count on the Errises and Mikus and other Concierge Level whales, even if they’re cash strapped, to be ready, willing and eager to buy themselves a little plot of land, a place to park their ship, a dwelling to call home.

I assume Chris will ape Garriott’s model shamelessly and squeeze even more oil out of the super whales. Structures don’t have to deal with physics grids and flight models yet can command prices commensurate with ships. A little hideout might be $50 (plus your protection racket land claim fee). A full scale, multiroom luxury villa with the works and a view might be $1000.

However he does it, Chris will squeeze the whales as hard as he can until they can get Squadron to a releasable state. It’s a tall order that hasn’t had any urgency after the cessation of work in early 2016 but it’s clearly the front burner for Chris again. He sees that as a windfall that buys them the more time to try to figure out all the stuff they ignored for five years. You know, the Game part.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Latin Pheonix posted:

I'm going with "employees going unpaid at multiple CIG studios" myself.

Now, whether that's from Crobblers handing out IOUs during the lean times or some kind of mass scale abuse of unpaid internships, well... That's for the future to tell.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

When is that high level backer dinner they were selling tickets for?

I expect that will provide at least an hour of laughs

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

G0RF posted:

There are probably artists and modelers at CIG LA and elsewhere working up the next great monetizable pixeldream - player housing. Hideouts for pirates, mansions for the 890 Jump types, and a wide variety in between. Chris can’t grow the revenues outward right now — the market too small and brand damage to dire. But he can count on the Errises and Mikus and other Concierge Level whales, even if they’re cash strapped, to be ready, willing and eager to buy themselves a little plot of land, a place to park their ship, a dwelling to call home.

I assume Chris will ape Garriott’s model shamelessly and squeeze even more oil out of the super whales. Structures don’t have to deal with physics grids and flight models yet can command prices commensurate with ships. A little hideout might be $50 (plus your protection racket land claim fee). A full scale, multiroom luxury villa with the works and a view might be $1000.

However he does it, Chris will squeeze the whales as hard as he can until they can get Squadron to a releasable state. It’s a tall order that hasn’t had any urgency after the cessation of work in early 2016 but it’s clearly the front burner for Chris again. He sees that as a windfall that buys them the more time to try to figure out all the stuff they ignored for five years. You know, the Game part.

wasnt that part of your hangar? the more ships the bigger the hangar? But if you are now going to sell that back to them then that is hilarious. Then sell them land + buildings + Luxury and furnishings - I bet they will go there but at some point everyone will break. The question is where right? or do you think erris etc will not break at all and continue with the dream until the lights are turned off?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That room of $350 dinner dates is gonna be one hell of a lovely place to be, I'd be demanding at least a hand job

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

peter gabriel posted:

That room of $350 dinner dates is gonna be one hell of a lovely place to be, I'd be demanding at least a hand job

are there tugs in the verse? I know of the reclaimer for the afterwords.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

intardnation posted:

wasnt that part of your hangar? the more ships the bigger the hangar? But if you are now going to sell that back to them then that is hilarious. Then sell them land + buildings + Luxury and furnishings - I bet they will go there but at some point everyone will break. The question is where right? or do you think erris etc will not break at all and continue with the dream until the lights are turned off?

I'll never forget the first time I loaded my hangar, I hadn't read anything about the game at all so when I was confronted with this huge grey loving shed I spent about ten minutes running around it thinking 'eehhhhhhhh' then logged off.
That was probably the highlight of the game so far

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

D_Smart posted:

So this is your new gimmick? You know how this ends, right?

If your history is any indication, it ends with a bunch of posturing followed by a bunch of excuses when you fail to follow through.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

peter gabriel posted:

I'll never forget the first time I loaded my hangar, I hadn't read anything about the game at all so when I was confronted with this huge grey loving shed I spent about ten minutes running around it thinking 'eehhhhhhhh' then logged off.
That was probably the highlight of the game so far

I just remember was - where the gently caress is my ship?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

intardnation posted:

I just remember was - where the gently caress is my ship?

I recall a table with glowy blue poo poo on it, never did know what that was

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

It might be more hilarious than we all think, when just Clifford show's up after having purchased all the tickets

'Hello Christopher, let us sit ... and talk'

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Bedamned a hand-job. At this level it has to be at least a blow-job... if not an actual dancing whores and bunterish lickspittles jamboree....

apologies for such an obscure reference but this is one of my fave things ever on the interwebs.

The Taxman posted:

Dear Mr Addison, I am writing to you to express our thanks for your more-than-prompt reply to our latest communication, and also to answer some of the points you raise.

I will address them, as ever, in order.

Firstly, I must take issue with your description of our last as a "begging letter". It might perhaps more properly be referred to as a "tax demand". This is how we, at the Inland Revenue, have always, for reasons of accuracy, traditionally referred to such documents.

Secondly, your frustration at our adding to the "endless stream of crapulent whining and panhandling vomited daily through the letterbox on to the doormat" has been noted. However, whilst I have naturally not seen the other letters to which you refer, I would cautiously suggest that their being from "pauper councils, Lombardy pirate banking houses and pissant gas-mongerers" might indicate that your decision to "file them next to the toilet in case of emergencies" is at best a little ill-advised.

In common with my own organisation, it is unlikely that the senders of these letters do see you as a "lackwit bumpkin" or, come to that, a "sodding charity". More likely they see you as a citizen of Great Britain, with a responsibility to contribute to the upkeep of the nation as a whole.

Which brings me to my next point. Whilst there may be some spirit of truth in your assertion that the taxes you pay "go to shore up the canker-blighted, toppling folly that is the Public Services", a moment's rudimentary calculation ought to disabuse you of the notion that the government in any way expects you to "stump up for the whole damned party" yourself. The estimates you provide for the Chancellor's disbursement of the funds levied by taxation, whilst colourful, are, in fairness, a little off the mark. Less than you seem to imagine is spent on "junkets for Bunterish lickspittles" and "dancing whores", whilst far more than you have accounted for is allocated to, for example, "that box-ticking facade of a university system".

A couple of technical points arising from direct queries: 1. The reason we don't simply write "Muggins" on the envelope has to do with the vagaries of the postal system; 2. You can rest assured that "sucking the very marrows of those with nothing else to give" has never been considered as a practice because even if the Personal Allowance didn't render it irrelevant, the sheer medical logistics involved would make it financially unviable.

I trust this has helped. In the meantime, whilst I would not in any way wish to influence your decision one way or the other, I ought to point out that even if you did choose to "give the whole foul jamboree up and go and live in India" you would still owe us the money. Please forward it by Friday. Yours sincerely, H J Lee, Customer Relations.

e - this is apparently a genuine HMRC reply to an enraged taxpayer as reported in the UK press. :)

Galarox fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 31, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

Miss Titanic will not be pleased with those comparisons

If it means CryTek can join me at the bottom, that’s fine. Hopefully CIG won’t be too long behind them because it can get lonely at the bottom. I can only watch the ghost of Leonardo DiCaprio so loving long before... nah. I love the ghost of Leo. He never gets old. :love:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

peter gabriel posted:

I recall a table with glowy blue poo poo on it, never did know what that was

wasnt that were you changed out ship parts or something I think. Could be wrong though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Did somebody in a wheelchair kill your parents or something?

I’m starting to wonder the same! How many people in wheelchairs can one guy literally piss off on seemingly a regular basis?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

:captainpop:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Galarox posted:

Bedamned a hand-job. At this level it has to be at least a blow-job... if not an actual dancing whores and bunterish lickspittles jamboree....

apologies for such an obscure reference but this is one of my fave things ever on the interwebs.

e - this is apparently a genuine HMRC reply to an enraged taxpayer as reported in the UK press. :)

I can tell you of a little letter my boss got from CRA (Canadian version of IRS).
It goes a little like this:
We understand that your client is deceased, and we understand the difficulties this may entail however we need to speak to him.
We need to resolve these matters to a satisfactory outcome in a timely manner.
So please make your client available for questioning.

He has it hanging on his wall framed.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Galarox posted:

til about Billy Bunter (of "Bunterish lickspittles LLC")- who could work at CIG

quote:

Bunter's defining characteristic is his greediness and dramatically overweight appearance. His character is, in many respects, a highly obnoxious anti-hero. As well as his gluttony, he is also obtuse, lazy, racist, inquisitive, deceitful, slothful, self-important and conceited. These defects, however, are not recognised by Bunter. In his own mind, he is an exemplary character: handsome, talented and aristocratic; and dismisses most of those around him as "beasts". Even so, the negative sides of Bunter are offset by several genuine redeeming features; such as his tendency, from time to time, to display courage in aid of others; his ability to be generous, on the rare occasions when he has food or cash; and above all his very real love and concern for his mother. All these, combined with Bunter's cheery optimism, his comically transparent untruthfulness and inept attempts to conceal his antics from his schoolmasters and schoolfellows, combine to make a character that succeeds in being highly entertaining but which rarely attracts the reader's lasting sympathy.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

intardnation posted:

I can tell you of a little letter my boss got from CRA (Canadian version of IRS).
It goes a little like this:
We understand that your client is deceased, and we understand the difficulties this may entail however we need to speak to him.
We need to resolve these matters to a satisfactory outcome in a timely manner.
So please make your client available for questioning.

He has it hanging on his wall framed.

:lol: I have just come out of a dispute with HMRC about taxxe paid or not paid. I am still awaiting their final verdict on my returns. I am not holding out hope that sanity will prevail, it's the tax-man after all.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

i raise you this older creation from a good friend of mine

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

intardnation posted:

wasnt that were you changed out ship parts or something I think. Could be wrong though.

Could be, it spun around a bit then broke if you clicked it

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Combat Theory posted:

i raise you this older creation from a good friend of mine

That... that is loving awesome. I dont keep up with the thread so when the actual gently caress was that posted? it is :five:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Galarox posted:

That... that is loving awesome. I dont keep up with the thread so when the actual gently caress was that posted? it is :five:

i linked it as a welcome present when i first got here. he made quite a few back in the days (like 2016 days) so before i became a Goon. Star Citizen raised its own breed of heretics and they slowly find their way into here still to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Credit goes to Beer, actually. He did all the legwork, I just swooped in at the last moment and stole the glory.

You didn't even swoop in; you literally got the glory stolen via typo. The Goonest of Moves.