Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Could be, it spun around a bit then broke if you clicked it

that doesn't really help with narrowing it down, peter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lack of Gravitas posted:

that doesn't really help with narrowing it down, peter

Did it clip?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Um yeah... cig just paid off crytek. Case over. Total damages pay out $156,901.21

Wtf

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Um yeah... cig just paid off crytek. Case over. Total damages pay out $156,901.21

Wtf

source your quotes

there is no way crytek would settle for that, it wouldn't even cover the lawyer fees

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I heard it was $42

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galarox posted:

:lol: I have just come out of a dispute with HMRC about taxxe paid or not paid. I am still awaiting their final verdict on my returns. I am not holding out hope that sanity will prevail, it's the tax-man after all.

Back before the internet, it was usual to talk to solicitors by mail. Some were assholes and would mess up conveyancing, so rather than simply *not* pay, it was more amusing to explain why i couldn’t pay, weaving a narrative of being a secret agent (I’d have friends mail the letters from overseas), and could he save the stamps for my philatalist nephew (he did). We kept it up a few months before he stopped sending letters.

grimcreaper posted:

Wtf

Filthy tease. Tits or gtfo.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Loxbourne posted:

Legal drama

This was good stuff. Thanks guys! :)

Nov 24, 2014

Galarox posted:

:lol: I have just come out of a dispute with HMRC about taxxe paid or not paid. I am still awaiting their final verdict on my returns. I am not holding out hope that sanity will prevail, it's the tax-man after all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Henderson_(Christchurch,_New_Zealand)

quote:

From 1992 to 1995 he was audited 27 times after claiming a GST refund and the Inland Revenue Department demanded he pay $NZ924,341 in taxes and penalties. He was charged with fraud, his business failed and he was bankrupted and had to sell his house. The IRD eventually conceded that he did not owe it $NZ924,341, and fraud charges against him were dropped. They also admitted that they owed him $NZ64,000.
:rip:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The Titanic posted:

I bet by the time I catch up to the thread, Derek will have seen the error in his ways and is penning an apology letter to all the wheelchair bound people he’s hurt, and applying for the open PR representative position at CIG to make good for the fault in his ways.

Just going to say now, good job guys. I never thought I’d see the day, but you did it! Together and in peace! :911:

Note to past self: you were wrong, again.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 31, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

hi there I am Robert Chrislopher

You’re about to be sued for something you have no idea about. One day you’re going have that face like Irish Policeman Derek Smart as he googles his name and goes “dammit! Not again!”

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Whoa! :five:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
drat, I was busy all day and missed some good slapfighting.

Derek, did you really look up Chris and Sandi's second marriage certificate? That's impressive in a way. I'm surprised anyone in the year of our lord whenever they got remarried could be bothered to maintain a married name and a stage name (even if it is her birth name), but I guess Our Sandi was the best at all this stuff ever since she was a little girl? It's very 1933.

Now I am picturing Sandi at the end of A Star Is Born, coming up to the CitCon microphone after Chris's tragic demise, and huskily emoting, "Hello, Germany. This is...MRS. CHRISTOPHER ROBERTS."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:lol:

I love how everything is a pain amplifier.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

There are probably artists and modelers at CIG LA and elsewhere working up the next great monetizable pixeldream - player housing. Hideouts for pirates, mansions for the 890 Jump types, and a wide variety in between. Chris can’t grow the revenues outward right now — the market too small and brand damage to dire. But he can count on the Errises and Mikus and other Concierge Level whales, even if they’re cash strapped, to be ready, willing and eager to buy themselves a little plot of land, a place to park their ship, a dwelling to call home.

I assume Chris will ape Garriott’s model shamelessly and squeeze even more oil out of the super whales. Structures don’t have to deal with physics grids and flight models yet can command prices commensurate with ships. A little hideout might be $50 (plus your protection racket land claim fee). A full scale, multiroom luxury villa with the works and a view might be $1000.

However he does it, Chris will squeeze the whales as hard as he can until they can get Squadron to a releasable state. It’s a tall order that hasn’t had any urgency after the cessation of work in early 2016 but it’s clearly the front burner for Chris again. He sees that as a windfall that buys them the more time to try to figure out all the stuff they ignored for five years. You know, the Game part.

I hope they go for the pirate hideout. It can have a hangar for all your stolen ships, but it’s just an empty cardboard box that has “dreams” written on the side in crayon and upside down.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

While earlier I was thinking on bidding on low-hanging fruit like 'Ortwin throws Chris/Sandi under the bus to save his career', after looking at this bit again, I think I might go for something else. I think mine is going to be 'CIG actually has another loan that it took out to save itself and leveraged most/all its US assets against, and Crobberts is desperately shifting money from the UK to the US and vice versa to pay off the instalments as they fall due.'

Nice, and clever!

I’m going to say there’s going to be some kind of state/country taxes that need to be repaid when everything comes under fire for fraud. They’ll want immediate reimbursement and also to have their data stricken from the records.

But I’m no fancy lawyer like y’all city people.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I’m afraid there is no picture you could do that could come close to the supernatural insanity that another AdzAdama piece manages to bring forth. He is either doing some amazing angel dust or other drug and hits photoshop like a mad monkey, or he is just hugely keyed into his crazy side.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The Titanic posted:

I’m afraid there is no picture you could do that could come close to the supernatural insanity that another AdzAdama piece manages to bring forth. He is either doing some amazing angel dust or other drug and hits photoshop like a mad monkey, or he is just hugely keyed into his crazy side.

AdzAdama is the David Dees of Star Citizer.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Derek, did you really look up Chris and Sandi's second marriage certificate? That's impressive in a way. I'm surprised anyone in the year of our lord whenever they got remarried could be bothered to maintain a married name and a stage name (even if it is her birth name), but I guess Our Sandi was the best at all this stuff ever since she was a little girl? It's very 1933.

Now I am picturing Sandi at the end of A Star Is Born, coming up to the CitCon microphone after Chris's tragic demise, and huskily emoting, "Hello, Germany. This is...MRS. CHRISTOPHER ROBERTS."

Let's be honest with ourselves here

He's had that information for YEARS already

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

You hit the nail so hard on the head it came out in Australia and forced ET to touch the penis shaped mushroom while he was in that time zone.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

There’s a good chance Derek has dossiers of all the posters here, and of every CIG employee, and possibly even video surveillance all over all of CIGs offices. He probably emails CR as he’s writing an email to tell him he misspelled a word on his third line. :tinfoil:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh god don't tell me the lawsuit's already over

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Taintrunner posted:

CryTek had no choice but to settle after Croberts discovered the one weird trick of mocapping water perfectly, which he has to share as part of the settlement.

It was rumored that ancient Handwaving-Fu was involved.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 31, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Taintrunner posted:

It's not, grimcreaper has a history of talking out of his rear end

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I heard it's over.

Source:

Angels.

They're dancing.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

grimcreaper posted:

Wtf

If the Crytek / CIG lawsuit does end up a non-event then I vote thread name changed to Big MoMA, Little Burger for at least a month.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's not, grimcreaper has a history of talking out of his rear end

Like your doing right now? Here i am trying to relay sourceless info and all your doing is spreading FUD like a typical loving goon.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Jesus Crobberts, finally caught up again. I had some real life stuff come up right after Gamescom and had to bail on the thread for a bit. Then OCD kicked in and I had to read EVERY single post from then to now. It’s like my brain hurts from reading all the new ways SC has poo poo the bed but in a much funnier way.

I can now return to shitposting but with a stronger tane in my rub.

Furthermore, I still think blue cheese on your taco will get you 5-10 hours on the toilet thinking about your life choices.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

Wasn't really a slap fight, Derek doxxed me like the champ he can only be and claims drama when I go "Seriously? like, why?"

It's analogous to leaving burning poo poo in a bag on a door step, ringing your neighbors door, and hiding in the bushes.
Yeah, it might be funny for you -- but seeing as everyone else knows and it's nothing funny, I walk away with the knowledge that you had to smell your own burning poo poo.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Caughtupwiththethread.jpg

Mods can you make Derek and Moma mods but they can only moderate each other.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Hav posted:

It's part of their very being. Part of Maslow's hierarchy of needs is 'belonging', the concept of being in a group, or otherwise supported by people that accept you for you. Star Citizen has become a symbol of that need to belong to something bigger than themselves. I'm not pointing fingers, either, everyone has causes of differing levels of objective importance, but the reason why people will normalize, explain or otherwise attempt to minimize the impact of something is because they're invested emotionally; ignoring the obvious financial entanglements, protecting the self is what people go to the mat for.

It's actually kind of fun to watch, but I get the sheer bone crushing stupidity of attempting to defend someone/something that there is no actual connection with other than a fondly held belief.

The reverence is a blind; it means nothing. If someone else popped up and offered them the same level of agency in their second-life knock-off, they'd pivot in a minute.

postin' from the past to say this is a good post and I agree with the hell out of it.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Streetroller posted:

Wasn't really a slap fight, Derek doxxed me like the champ he can only be and claims drama when I go "Seriously? like, why?"

It's analogous to leaving burning poo poo in a bag on a door step, ringing your neighbors door, and hiding in the bushes.
Yeah, it might be funny for you -- but seeing as everyone else knows and it's nothing funny, I walk away with the knowledge that you had to smell your own burning poo poo.

Wait.. your "thats him, in the wheelchair!" Guy?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

The Titanic posted:

You hit the nail so hard on the head it came out in Australia and forced ET to touch the penis shaped mushroom while he was in that time zone.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

grimcreaper posted:

Wait.. your "thats him, in the wheelchair!" Guy?

No that was a different person in a wheelchair that Derek doxxed

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the long, slow collapse of Shroud of the Avatar has begun, all over RMT poo poo, of course

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

I'll never forget the first time I loaded my hangar, I hadn't read anything about the game at all so when I was confronted with this huge grey loving shed I spent about ten minutes running around it thinking 'eehhhhhhhh' then logged off.
That was probably the highlight of the game so far

First login to hanger was literally my all-time worst gaming experience.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Toops posted:

First login to hanger was literally my all-time worst gaming experience.

Liar. How can it be a gaming experience if there is no game?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

TheAgent posted:

the long, slow collapse of Shroud of the Avatar has begun, all over RMT poo poo, of course

Needs more details.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

intardnation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSmUadzpjBk

is how it always ends - every single time.

Ahhh good times. Some of the best meltdowns ever recorded with that stuff, ventrilo was such a piece of poo poo.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

TheAgent posted:

Ohhhh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

That's not how copyright works...