Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey wait a minute wasn't Irma downgraded, and expected to be downgraded again, so lol at everyone who was freaking out over nothing? Or am I conflating things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Similarly, the Buddhist swastika is very much still in active use as a religious symbol.

That's true but it has pretty obvious connotations in the West. I genuinely wouldn't say the iron cross does. Maybe it does in the US?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have never heard the iron cross referred to as Nazi imagery. You see it in Germany a lot even.

People were explaining that to him, even providing images of modern government officials with the cross symbols on their vehicles, but Zip just doubled down on everyone else being wrong.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's true but it has pretty obvious connotations in the West. I genuinely wouldn't say the iron cross does. Maybe it does in the US?

Some Americans think it does because their only exposure to it is in the context of WWII Germany. I would speculate that Zip is American. Unless he’s a zipperhead! :haw:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Iron Cross makes me think of bikers but I think they adopted it precisely because of the Nazi connection.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Also popular with metalheads. Of course metal is sometimes accused of nazi sympathies too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

doverhog posted:

Also popular with metalheads. Of course metal is sometimes accused of nazi sympathies too.

Metalheads adopted it because Lemmy adopted it. Lemmy adopted it because he liked it. To paraquote the man: "I've had three black girlfriends, so if I'm a Nazi I'm not very good at it".

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
sometimes the metalhead with an iron cross and a fake german accent and strong opinions about the jewish question actually is a buddhist though

Iron cross is more of minor warning sign, it's quite often a perfectly normal and non-nazi person who doesn't have a bunch of other warning signs, but it definitely is a warning sign in a lot of places.

Edit: Lemmy was not a Nazi. Wait, did he do meth? I forget.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Neo Nazis love that cross and it's used by them as a polite swastika.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Outside Germany, the iron cross connotates a vague militarism and manly rebellion against political correctness without being explicitly a Nazi thing. No wonder it sees use by metal fans and bikers.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
No, I don't like Playboy, I just like bunnies so I put a bunny sticker on my car.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Edit: Lemmy was not a Nazi. Wait, did he do meth? I forget.

Birds sing, politicians lie, Lemmy consumed amphetamines.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Three quads in this now.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Regarding Something Awful's role in creating 4chan:

Lycus posted:

SA is the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

For context, this is where Thomas Kinkade studied art.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's also where Adolf Hitler didn't study art.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

honestly I'd say SA would be World War 1 in this analogy

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
The cafe in Vienna that Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Stalin all went to in 1913 that sucks now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

vyst posted:

Is she going to pull out a ruler on the first date or what

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you can be measured with a ruler, you're definitely not 5 foot 9.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Lemming posted:

No, I don't like Playboy, I just like bunnies so I put a bunny sticker on my car.

yeah i bet you do

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I've never seen Zootopia, does it cover why a rabbit cop would need to wear a bulletproof vest?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I'm guessing to stop bullets

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I'm guessing to stop bullets

Very tiny bullets.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
She's a very tiny cop

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I've never seen Zootopia, does it cover why a rabbit cop would need to wear a bulletproof vest?

I thought it was a stab-proof vest. I don't really remember much of the way in guns, and it makes sense for a prey animal to wear something good against piercing objects like teeth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:goonsay:

A big part of the movie is the contrast between predator animals and prey animals, so it stands to reason that the vest is to mitigate body damage if like, a crocodile or wolf gets the rabbit in their jaws.

Zootopia is actually like, unironically good, although the fanwank around it is strong

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Also it looks adorable and is a cartoon

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Budgie Jumping posted:

This doesn't answer your question but I just wanna say arm foreskins would be fuckin sweet. A soft, supple pair of gloves that can just bunch up around your wrists when you don't need them!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

Also it looks adorable and is a cartoon

Also it doesn't have any catchy, overly loved songs like Frozen so it's A+++++ to me

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

:ms:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

:stonk:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ahh, excellent, this rabbit hole has been bottomed out.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Nobody wants to hear the conclusion of your Zootopia fanfic

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Nobody wants to hear the conclusion of your Zootopia fanfic

What the gently caress speak for yourself

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Aside from frigid, Arctic conditions and under water where the hell is neoprene comfortable?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Also it doesn't have any catchy, overly loved songs like Frozen so it's A+++++ to me

Counterpoint

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

How dare you remind me of this

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

If Elsa just got an abortion an entire generation of preschoolers would have been spared countless hours of YouTube trauma, so this is just one more point in Zootopia's favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Yoshi Wins posted:

Don't do Bob Ross like that.

Captain Splendid posted:

I think you mean Bob Loss :smugbert: