Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Darth Walrus posted:

So someone somewhere else on the Internet said that the cancelled CA tenth anniversary special would have been based on Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

Goddamn.

stillvisions posted:

Ten little Critics standin' in a line,
One had a twitter war and then there were nine;

Nine little Critics during gamergate,
One got harrassed and then there were eight.

Eight little Critics, dream job in heaven.
One had surgery and then there were seven;

Seven little Critics using camera tricks,
One got a Patreon and then there were six.

Six little Critics all posting live,
One investigated 8chan and then there were five;

Five little Critics on the basement floor,
One asked for water and then there were four.

Four little Critics on a filming spree,
One missed a video and then there were three;

Three little Critics doing what they do,
One heard nothing and then there were two

Two little Critics sitting in the sun,
One read the google doc and then there was one;

One little Critic livin' all alone,
He took all the revenue and then there were none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nielsm posted:

I just realized that the actual reason some languages are said to be garbage collecting is because they attract garbage code.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Palpek posted:

When I come back from work my stay-at-home wife updates me on what our boring stupid infant son did all day like it could interest anybody. How do I tell her that what he does is nothing compared to the complexity of my data analysis tasks at the insurance company?

tactlessbastard posted:

When my first daughter started walking I recall my wife getting very excited and I had to tell her to tone that poo poo down, the Rose Bowl is on

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

In my day we left our houses unlocked, didn't need airbags, and burnt silicon cube displays for witchcraft.

I don't lock my doors. if you're gonna hit the king you better kill the king. I sleep with a defective revolver on my nightstand. It's rigged to blowback and take the hand of anyone who might shoot it. I figure if someone breaks in and takes the gun and tries to shoot me their screaming will wake me. I will then retrieve the real gun from it's spot but oh no it's also rigged and now we're both missing fingers and there's so much blood and screaming. Then the bucket full of acid falls off the top of the door where I've precariously placed it to dissuade intruders and well...the coroner will probably rule it death by misadventure for the intruder and I.

But I guarantee you no one will ever try to break in again.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Bacontotem posted:

Generations shouldve been Kirk right after Star Trek 3 being wished in and getting to use the D to go ham on Klingon rear end.

Ghostlight posted:

That sounds like an amazingly watchable movie but you probably mean the Enterprise D.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Does anyone have the quote where the guy takes advantage of government regulated infrastructure all day, then goes home and posts about the horror of government on his computer?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post452421738

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Does anyone have the quote where the guy takes advantage of government regulated infrastructure all day, then goes home and posts about the horror of government on his computer?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...4#post623975137

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if thats the most requested and posted quote.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That one and the ""perpetually aroused, sporadically ejaculating filth hound" post brought up again as recently as the previous page, and the repeated unprompted workout routine post a couple pages ago, basically make everyone here sound like a bunch of dementia patients in an old folks home longingly remembering the good old days of posting because on the one hand this thread carries on like a continuous conversation from the regulars and on the other we've got an influx of newcomers who haven't bookmarked it or read the past few pages to whom it's all so new and exciting but you can't tell who's who so it might as well just be the regulars requesting it over and over... "play it again, Sam"

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Does anyone have that post where the guy - I think he had a Lowtax-related name? - talks about the cyclical nature of this thread and then ends it with a "Casablanca" reference?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Besesoth posted:

Does anyone have that post where the guy - I think he had a Lowtax-related name? - talks about the cyclical nature of this thread and then ends it with a "Casablanca" reference?

Thumb Notax? Lump Rotax? Something like that.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

boner confessor posted:

a buddy of mine would troll notch on twitter, and notch would respond, and my buddy is living in his dad's basement and drinking steel reserve, and notch is living in a multi million dollar mansion in the hollywood hills, and they'd go at it like cats

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

That one and the ""perpetually aroused, sporadically ejaculating filth hound" post brought up again as recently as the previous page, and the repeated unprompted workout routine post a couple pages ago, basically make everyone here sound like a bunch of dementia patients in an old folks home longingly remembering the good old days of posting because on the one hand this thread carries on like a continuous conversation from the regulars and on the other we've got an influx of newcomers who haven't bookmarked it or read the past few pages to whom it's all so new and exciting but you can't tell who's who so it might as well just be the regulars requesting it over and over... "play it again, Sam"

Those 3 posts should just be in the OP as a Hall of Fame section or something

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
People will still request it.

Anyone have the "Play it again, sam" post?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I also think the “thought of horses and died” post is a classic, but it’s also one of the first ones on page 1.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"so you work from home op?" should be in the hall of fame too

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Also “Your Mom seems pretty cool OP” or whatever the exact wording was

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope the next Spider-Man storyline is just a Chick tract.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

Also “Your Mom seems pretty cool OP” or whatever the exact wording was

I forget the context on that one

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

tactlessbastard posted:

I forget the context on that one

A mother was trying to find a woman who would be willing deflower her virginal son, who was afflicted with Down's syndrome or a severe form of autism or some other developmental disability.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The other really good instant replay was in the thread “I got a job as a retard masturbator”

“So you work from home OP”

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Another super requested one is the one where wet butt trolls the "picked on in school" thread by making up a bunch of stuff like being 700lbs, having the word "homo" instead of a mouth, etc

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Apr 13, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

A mother was trying to find a woman who would be willing deflower her virginal son, who was afflicted with Down's syndrome or a severe form of autism or some other developmental disability.

Oh my god

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I should really thank her for trying.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Another super requested one is the one where wet butt trolls the "picked on in school" thread by making up a bunch of stuff like being 700lbs, having the word "homo" instead of a mouth, etc

-Wore a bathrobe to school every day
-Both parents were Charles Manson (long story)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

-Wore a bathrobe to school every day
-Both parents were Charles Manson (long story)

Good ol’ Wet Butt

quote:

was i picked on in middle school? hmm let me think
* Weighed 750 pounds
* Parents were both Charles Manson (long story)
* Wore a bath robe to school every day
* Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Uptime Sinclair posted:

deathclaw hide resists blunt damage

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Has Jewsweeper fallen out of favor as attitudes here have shifted? It was pretty drat funny, at the time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blade Runner posted:

I heard that story when I was like five and I remember my dumb child brain's immediate thought was "What a stupid frog. I'll make sure I'm always the scorpion" and that is how I've lived my life since

Pick posted:

They both die

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Every man dies, but not every man truly betrays another to their avoidable shared death.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

I saw cats when I was little in Kansas City. Fred Phelps' group was there waving around signs about "fag cats". I think this was before they started making national news. My mom told me not to look at them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

"cats" in this case being cats, the musical :ssh:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Pick posted:

"cats" in this case being cats, the musical :ssh:

Why did you give us this just to take it away?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tbf cats is a lot gayer than cats

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG-kEchCKHo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I am slain.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

I absolutely hate these poo poo Simpson's memes that have taken over but this is extraordinarily well done (steamed, if you will) and is for 1000% sure a pro click. I watch this poo poo every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Also I got a chuckle outta this:

Lobok posted:

Bet her parents are proud she's college bound.