Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ok ten hours into God of War it gave me the equivalent of those puzzle hints discussed earlier in the thread, "Press L1 to block and press x to dodge" gently caress this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ok ten hours into God of War it gave me the equivalent of those puzzle hints discussed earlier in the thread, "Press L1 to block and press x to dodge" gently caress this game

They should’ve had Atreus say it out loud so it doesn’t break your immersion

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You must have been playing really bad.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Feenix posted:

This. I am like, ooh I’m gonna get stoned and play games... *smokes* oh I know what, let’s go to bed instead!

Now that I think of it, Elite: Dangerous is an incredible game to play high, but I recommend doing it with headphones in a dark room so you can totally immerse yourself in being a space man or woman exploring the galaxy.

e: And don't get too high or you could fly into a star and melt or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't smoke weed much and the only real attempt I can even remember making at playing a game high was Vanquish, and I literally couldn't do anything but spam the dodge move in the tutorial area for 30 minutes but I remember enjoying myself.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Steve Yun posted:

They should’ve had Atreus say it out loud so it doesn’t break your immersion

Except for the tutorial the game doesn't do that unless you're actively getting hit over and over without trying to dodge or block. There are hints for some QTE segments but I think you can turn those off.

Edit: All the pot posts in here reminds me why I stay clear away from the stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was fighting a boss and hadn't realized its pattern had switched and so I got hit a couple of times, I was still over 3/4 life when it started with the popups

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
The real trick to getting high and playing bideo games is to get some friends, get high, play Wario Ware on Wii, in particular the dancing mini game. For extra fun crank up the speed as high as it goes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like to play online games drunk and then loudly blame the game/other player's connections for my poor performance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I like to play online games drunk and then loudly blame the game/other player's connections for my poor performance.

Haha its true. Whew boy

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The best game to play high is literally all of them, all of the time, constantly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Renoistic posted:

Except for the tutorial the game doesn't do that unless you're actively getting hit over and over without trying to dodge or block. There are hints for some QTE segments but I think you can turn those off.

I know I’m just messing around, it’s sillier to have Atreus say “press L1, dad!”

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Steve Yun posted:

I know I’m just messing around, it’s sillier to have Atreus say “press L1, dad!”

The Stranger does call you out for not using your shield, actually. Thought that was pretty funny.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
They do a pretty good job with nudging you along through dialogue, especially when Atreus calls out stuff because it seems in character for an inquisitive ten year old boy. Certainly better than having your character mutter to themselves all the time, stuff like “I guess I should check out what’s behind that door”

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love how much unique incidental dialogue the game has. Like, every time you go off the beaten path to explore there's a line especially recorded for that instance.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

May have to spend another $5!!!!

Mods don't get free avs?

WHOOPS posted:

i think my longest was 14 minutes for a wingsuit challenge restart. poo poo was brutal.

Holy gently caress, that's like one of the original Timesplitters loading times.

beep by grandpa posted:

You know a game or super good when you've already done everything, got the plat, exhausted all of its content but still turn it back on just to play it. Off the top of my head I've done that with Bloodborne, Celeste, Sonic Mania and Just Cause 3.

What're your guys' "I'm already done but can't stop" ps4 games?

Platted Titanfall 2 and kept playing for 100 more hours.

Same with Bloodborne and Rocketleague.

Often a plat signals my severance tho

veni veni veni posted:

:majorminor:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is great fun.
I played so much Outrun 2 on Xbox Live way back, that game rules. It’s a shame all but the original in every Yakuza game seems to be dead and buried. Stupid licenses.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Mods don't get free avs?

We absolutely can, but this place needs revenue so I would rather do my part to help out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

"The patch is out, you can increase the size of all the text now, sir!"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Freya, I think my boy is sick. He keeps telling me to press my buttons while we’re in the middle of fighting trolls. But I am not wearing any buttons.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Waltzing Along posted:

Finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0. Pretty fun. Crazy tonal shifts.

Great minds I guess. Just did the same myself. Time to start making a necklace of pinky fingers

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Playing all of MGS4 for the first time with my college roommate overnight while we were both high was a watershed experience

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Playing all of MGS4 for the first time with my college roommate overnight while we were both high was a watershed experience

A memory from a life lived well.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did u cry

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The biggest :aaa: moments:

1. The transition from cutscene to gameplay in Chapter 1

2. Best is Yet to Come and Rex vs. Ray fight

3. Microwave Hallway

4. The fistfight with Ocelot where he gives you smooches

5. Watching the end credits. "Big Boss has a credit? What the fu-woaaah!"

:350:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Man they realllllly coulda improved the fast travel mechanic of GOW by not making you go back to the main temple if you wanna go to the challenge areas.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I don't smoke weed anymore cause it got to the point where every time I did I'd listen to my mouth slur stuff like "i.... like this game..." and think "wow, I'm stupid," and also I was smoking weed errryday for like a decade

so please, don't mention it... its... too painful

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Dr Cheeto posted:

Broke: keeping your employees in the loop as your company flounders

Woke: telling Twitter about your company's bankruptcy before your employees

Bespoke: actively attempting to keep your employees from finding jobs elsewhere a month before your company tanks

The employees were told in a meeting before the news was shared on Twitter.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The employees were told in a meeting before the news was shared on Twitter.

Yeah, about 5 minutes before. There was literally 30 minutes in between the lead producer tweeting "we're still working on the female player character!" and him tweeting "oh i guess that's not happening then, huh"

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The biggest :aaa: moments:

1. The transition from cutscene to gameplay in Chapter 1

2. Best is Yet to Come and Rex vs. Ray fight

3. Microwave Hallway

4. The fistfight with Ocelot where he gives you smooches

5. Watching the end credits. "Big Boss has a credit? What the fu-woaaah!"

:350:

What a great game. I wish I could erase my mind and play the whole MGS series over again.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Instant Grat posted:

Yeah, about 5 minutes before. There was literally 30 minutes in between the lead producer tweeting "we're still working on the female player character!" and him tweeting "oh i guess that's not happening then, huh"

It sounds like that guy didn't even get that much warning.

https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/news.cfm?read=48456&game=1533&ismb=1

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I went through this long phase of feeling like i had to smoke up as part of a pre match ritual before playing videogames but it didn't work out too well, it meant i either half finished all my games or took several months to beat any so now i just smoke up and play rocket league.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nail Rat posted:

It sounds like that guy didn't even get that much warning.

https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/news.cfm?read=48456&game=1533&ismb=1

Cliff Bleszinki is dogshit.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Shenmue III is delayed until 2019. Water is wet. Looking forward to playing it on PS6.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i just remembered ghost of tsushima is a thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

i just remembered ghost of tsushima is a thing

Yeah i need to see gameplay but im hype as heck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morby posted:

Shenmue III is delayed until 2019. Water is wet. Looking forward to playing it on PS6.

Shenmue games are dense with content. If they're gonna do it justice, I'm not surprised if it gets delayed a few times with a small team working on it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Housh posted:

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is great fun.

There was a really good Outrun on Xbox Live Arcade for the 360 but I think it got taken down for good because the Ferrari license expired. It had the F40, Enzo, and some other older models too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shenmue games are dense with content. If they're gonna do it justice, I'm not surprised if it gets delayed a few times with a small team working on it.
There are so many dense with content games these days. I still don’t know what Shenmue 3 is going to do to stand out now, other than have the Shenmue name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are so many dense with content games these days. I still don’t know what Shenmue 3 is going to do to stand out now, other than have the Shenmue name.

quests where you have to sit around for an hour in real time?