Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/997189401493950464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Are they retconning the end of redemption or is this taking place before he dies

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

Are they retconning the end of redemption or is this taking place before he dies

It takes place 12 years before the first one

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

extreme lol at the guy mad that another guy cheated in a single player game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A lot of people dont know rdr took place in the 20th century

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Glad there are more characters then, cause hard for me to give a gently caress about characters when I know their story ending. Prequel problems.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

Lots of people just assume all Westerns take place in some unmarked undifferentiated "past."

All the coolest Westerns are the ones that are like "here's some proto-WWI poo poo going down"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lots of people just assume all Westerns take place in some unmarked undifferentiated "past."

All the coolest Westerns are the ones that are like "here's some proto-WWI poo poo going down"

Which is why Once Upon A Time In Mexico/Duck You Sucker! is the best Western movie.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That was exactly what I was thinking too

I hope in RDR2 Battle Royale I can ride a motorcycle and throw dynamite at people

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BLOPS4 is now available for prepurchase on Battle.net

You can trade World of Warcraft in-game gold for WoW tokens, which is real money.

Here's what is currently happening to WoW token prices.

https://twitter.com/WoWTokens/status/997195115251761154

(People are selling all their gold for tokens to buy BLOPS, and it is sending the price skyrocketing)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wreck-It Ralph is in KH3 and appears to be part of the Toy Story world

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/997197185375760384

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I missed the WoW/Blizzard connection to Codbl0psIIII

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shadow225 posted:

Activision and Blizzard are the same parent company and BLOPS4 will be on Battle.net

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

Activision own Blizzard

Activision is trying to make Battle.net as a platform for their other games 'a thing'
Destiny 2 is on there as well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Most importantly, there's a path to convert in-game Wow assets to Battle.net store credit which you can then spend on codblops.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Did they not look at the freaking car getting hauled off the train?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Post all the overwhelmingly fad chasing game genres you can think of, bonus points if your remember the era and cause of it

Now: Battle Royal (fortnite/pubg)
Late 00s: Zombies (left 4 dead)
Mid 00s: Cover shooters (gears of war)
Early 90s: Mascot platformers (sonic the fasthog)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Survivalist games like DayZ/original H1Z1 were a real fad in between Battle Royales and Zombies.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If I recall correctly in the early 00's WWII games were ubiquitous. I remember a bit from XPlay: "Please no more WWII games." You can thank the original CoD for that one I think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SettingSun posted:

If I recall correctly in the early 00's WWII games were ubiquitous. I remember a bit from XPlay: "Please no more WWII games." You can thank the original CoD for that one I think.

Man there were half a dozen medals of honor before Cod1.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

nopantsjack posted:

I lost so much interest in RDR2 when they revealed it's more loving JOHN MARSTON

It's quite likely he won't play much of a role in the story.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

poo poo I forgot Medal of Honor. That period of gaming was all but lost to time for me.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

SettingSun posted:

poo poo I forgot Medal of Honor. That period of gaming was all but lost to time for me.

There was a short period in my life where I would come home and watch Saving Private Ryan and then play the first Medal of Honor almost daily.

I miss the MOH series. Even the 2010 Epic Beard Man reboot was good IMO.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Lambert posted:

It's quite likely he won't play much of a role in the story.

My prediction is he kills off your character at the end of the game

Not sure if it needs a spoiler but tossing one on.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Post all the overwhelmingly fad chasing game genres you can think of, bonus points if your remember the era and cause of it

Early 10s: MOBAs (DOTA/League)

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wreck-It Ralph is in KH3 and appears to be part of the Toy Story world

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/997197185375760384

Makes sense, there's no way they'd be able to have a Wreck-It Ralph world. I can't picture a world where Nintendo/Sega/all the rest loan out their characters to other video games purely through Disney power.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What's the first big console game that kicked off the trend of microtransactions

Or the recent multiplayer only trend

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Horse armour in Oblivion

The slippery slope people were right

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

What's the first big console game that kicked off the trend of microtransactions

If I were to guess, Team Fortress 2 and its hats.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Mp only started around 2013. Titanfall got savaged for it i remember but it probably was not the first.

Last gen people were mad if a game had "tacked on" mp so studios started making mp more of a focus and its 180 degrees now

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

beep by grandpa posted:

Not a genre but Dark souls wannabe combat systems

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
Multiplayer only I'd guess CounterStrike/Day of Defeat, Battlefield 1942, or Unreal Tournament.

For consoles I can only think of MAG.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SettingSun posted:

If I were to guess, Team Fortress 2 and its hats.

Okay, next question: what's the first major console game where microtransactions affected gameplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

Not a genre but Dark souls wannabe combat systems

Finally dethroning arkham

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AutomaticPrince posted:

Multiplayer only I'd guess CounterStrike/Day of Defeat, Battlefield 1942, or Unreal Tournament.

For consoles I can only think of MAG.

Ah you reminded me of that early 2010s fad where EVERY GAME had to have a multiplayer component, no matter how inappropriate or tacked-on (Spec Ops: The Line for example)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

poo poo I forgot this was out, need to smash that download button.

Art style not too saucey for you? ;)

Tei posted:

Apprently IV and IIII are both acceptable ways to write 4 in roman numerals. With IIII being a popular version in clocks.

Edit:
I know this because I read gamers forums.

That, or it's a hash mark.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hate anime high school bullshit but I make an exception for Persona.

Yeah, that's my thing. JAPANESE HIGH SCHOOL is interesting for a number of reasons in that the moral structure learned in those years is a vertical slice of the society as a whole. I don't actually give a gently caress about anime teens, or really anime in general, but the Persona games go hard on integrating all those deadlines and stats and relationships into a framework that actually says something about what it's like to grow up in such a rigid place. I will definitely go to bat for Catherine though, because anime vagina dentata horror dating mixed with death by block-puzzling is absolutely my poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Finally dethroning arkham

I didn’t mind the Arkham style being so popular because it’s a lot more accessible. I can’t really get into the Dark Souls style combat. AC:O is an easier version to get into than most but it’s still getting in the way of me enjoying the game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

beep by grandpa posted:

Early/Mid 80s: Ultima/Wizardry clones
Mid 90s: Warcraft style RTS games (combination of Dune 2 and Warcraft kicked this off)
Also Mid 90s: Crummy Myst ripoffs
ALSO ALSO Mid 90s: Barely interactive FMV trash

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Early/Mid 80s: Ultima/Wizardry clones
Mid 90s: Warcraft style RTS games (combination of Dune 2 and Warcraft kicked this off)
Also Mid 90s: Crummy Myst ripoffs
ALSO ALSO Mid 90s: Barely interactive FMV trash

ALSO ALSO Mid 90’s: “DOOM clones”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Herzog Zwei in '89 shat all over everything