Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Perplx posted:

check out his brutalist house, who wouldnt want to come home to this

https://www.wallpaper.com/architecture/james-jannard-beverly-hills-residence-idgroup

its e1m1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

looks like a nice place to blow your brains out

raw concrete works best with a contrasting splash of colour.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

looks like a nice place to blow your brains out

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Anroid: raw concrete works best with a contrasting splash of colour.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

its e1m1

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Perplx posted:

https://www.wallpaper.com/architecture/james-jannard-beverly-hills-residence-idgroup

your fireplace look like a coffee roaster

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
im the suspended ceiling

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Perplx posted:

:eyepop: this looks like something straight out of a bad 80s sci-fi action flick and I kind of like it

but lmao at the entire house being that way, that's gotta do a number on your head

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
isn’t that just deckard’s bedroom

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"decorative motorcycle" is such a trashy rich guy move

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 18, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, look, it's right by the steel double doors. he just drives it into the foyer every day

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

no, look, it's right by the steel double doors. he just drives it into the foyer every day

dont dis my dark angel cosplay house

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the doorbell just plays a 10 second snippet of a massive attack song

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this doesn’t work for me because I can see colors

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

SO DEMANDING posted:

:eyepop: this looks like something straight out of a bad 80s sci-fi action flick and I kind of like it

but lmao at the entire house being that way, that's gotta do a number on your head

he's a billionaire and own several islands, he's moved past themed rooms to themed houses

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Perplx posted:

thats loving rad and i would definitely live there

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

thats loving rad and i would definitely live there

if everything were painted white with a single primary color for an accent it would basically be mirror's edge, the house

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
on one hand its red so they know their poo poo when it comes to cameras

on the other hand they had to push out the launch by 8 months because they didn't know they had to engage in pesky things such as 'Regulatory Testing' and 'Cellular Carrier Conformance Validation'

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im sure you can count on them for years of timely post-launch OS updates

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shaggar posted:

its e1m1

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Shaggar posted:

its e1m1

Honestly, if i was a techbro with enough vc to renovate own office, I'd lay the foyer and open plan office space out to be the first room or two of e1m1. Just the layout, though, not the decor or anything else, so that it subtly fucks with everyone coming through

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Crazy Achmed posted:

Honestly, if i was a techbro with enough vc to renovate own office, I'd lay the foyer and open plan office space out to be the first room or two of e1m1. Just the layout, though, not the decor or anything else, so that it subtly fucks with everyone coming through

the coffee machine is inside a closet that you have to step into the ceo's room to open

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Saw an Essential Phone in the wild today.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Saw an Essential Phone in the wild today.

lying is a sin op

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

saw one at best buy recently, it was so laggy it was unusable

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

carry on then posted:

saw one at best buy recently, it was so laggy it was unusable

we already knew it runs android

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my beta os on my third spare phone isn't very good!!! it blue!

bull3964 posted:

Flashed the P developer preview on to the spare refurb pixel i just picked up on the Woot sale.

My impressions are...not good.

Oh, it's been stable so far, but every new addition is less baked than I would expect it to be this far out.

First, the blue. Well, I thought we got over this phase google?

Second, the gesture nav. It's almost good, but not quite. The back button is just tacked on as an afterthought. It offends my sense of symmetry. I don't know why they don't just do swipe left on the new home button. It seems like the logical choice. I do like the swipe right to cycle through apps and the quick swipe right to switch between the two most recent. It would take awhile to retrain myself to swipe up more to get to my app drawer.

I don't really like the new volume control. First, blue. No. I like that it is oriented properly with the buttons (seriously, how loving long google?) However, they took away the quick access to the other volumes and I really much preferred when the default slider was context sensitive depending on what app was in the foreground.

The quick toggle for the vibrate is interesting if awkward. However, I don't know why they only have it to toggle on instead of on/off or cycle through on/off/mute. You can bring up the button to cycle through all settings if you tap the volume, but then you end up changing the volume for media as well. It seems like there should be a way to bring up that toggle without changing the current state of volume. The button press quick toggle should pop up the button to cycle through the three ring options.

In all, I'm happy for the more under the hood changes, but most of the UI changes can be tossed as far as I'm concerned. I really can't see anything decent this cycle so far.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

swipe right to cycle through apps and the quick swipe right to switch

ah yes, always good discoverability and usability from google

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"It offends my sense of symmetry"

anroid

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"It offends my sense of symmetry"

anroid

What is “Having only one clock on my screen?”, Alex?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

I would love alarms with phone backup. The main issue I would have with using a Google home as an alarm clock is if I lost power or if the WiFi was down for some reason.

There should be a special class of alarms that are not only stored and triggered locally, but have a secondary device backup.

I set my alarm for 8 am on my Google home and designate my phone as a backup device. When the 8 am alarm fires off, it sends a notification to Google that the alarm fired as normal. Google then sends a notification to your phone that everything was successful, do you don't have to sound the alarm.

If your Google home never checks in, then Google doesn't send a disarm event to your phone, and its alarm goes off.
if only there was another option, maybe a device that runs on battery and has always-connected internet? or perhaps something that doesn't need a battery....

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Endless Mike posted:

if only there was another option, maybe a device that runs on battery and has always-connected internet? or perhaps something that doesn't need a battery....

its not the dumbest idea itd just be useful once in a million invocations. also i hope the google eavesdropping surveillance device doesnt actually need wifi to play an annoying sound loudly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i don't know how i ever managed to wake up in the morning before google surveillance devices were invented

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

i don't know how i ever managed to wake up in the morning before google surveillance devices were invented

The Russians used a pencil?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Schadenboner posted:

The Russians used a pencil kgb informant stuffed in my pockets that I take out and stare at when I poop

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 23, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
poo play sounds more like a stasi thing imo

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol translucent n64 controller vibes are fitting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

made me think of a first gen iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, and this too: