Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
*Martin voice* Day-um Gina!

It used to be that extrovert and introvert were pop psychology descriptors, and people usually classified themselves as one or the other to a greater or lesser degree as a way of explaining that they preferred either going out with friends or staying in with a book. Extrovert meant "I'm outgoing and love excitement and parties," and introvert meant "I'm a little shy and like to curl up on the couch and watch a movie."

Before Facebook and Tumblr neither was used as an excuse for anything bigger than getting out of going to a party toy didn't wasn't to go to, or going to a party your friends didn't want to go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Salty Josh posted:

drat. Alpha Female.

I hope she's as beautiful as I imagine her to be.

She appears as a golden wolf, her fur shimmering in the moonlight and on the night of her feast day it is said that men who find themselves in the woods will see her naked form as a goddess and be lost to her beauty forever.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

We have a name for little Pnurtis' sister !

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

girl pants posted:

He's wrong for not wanting her to do it in the first place :colbert:
ain't nothin wrong with a little platonic loving either

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Barudak posted:

She appears as a golden wolf, her fur shimmering in the moonlight and on the night of her feast day it is said that men who find themselves in the woods will see her naked form as a goddess and be lost to her beauty forever.

I'm picturing her as the evil queen from Snow White, myself

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Barudak posted:

quote:

I am the Queen, the gatherer-up of treasures, most thoughtful, first of those who merit worship.
Thus gods have established me in many places with many homes to enter and abide in.
Through me alone all eat the food that feeds them, – each man who sees, breathes, hears the word outspoken.
They know it not, yet I reside in the essence of the Universe. Hear, one and all, the truth as I declare it.
I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that gods and men alike shall welcome.
I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him nourished, a sage, and one who knows Brahman.
I bend the bow for Rudra [Shiva], that his arrow may strike, and slay the hater of devotion.
I rouse and order battle for the people, I created Earth and Heaven and reside as their Inner Controller.
On the world's summit I bring forth sky the Father: my home is in the waters, in the ocean as Mother.
Thence I pervade all existing creatures, as their Inner Supreme Self, and manifest them with my body.
I created all worlds at my will, without any higher being, and permeate and dwell within them.
The eternal and infinite consciousness is I, it is my greatness dwelling in everything.

– Devi Sukta, Rigveda 10.125.3 – 10.125.8,[32][33][34]

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

If someone mentions more than once that they're an introvert, chances are they're just socially broken. Especially when they say they "don't click with extroverts" like they're a different species.

As a shy enough person I friggin' love hanging out with extroverts. They just grab you and throw you through all the bullshit walls and right into the good times zone on the other side. They're like alcohol in human form.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My fiancé [35M] of three years and I [33F] have vastly different ideas on how we want to live

quote:

Some background: I didn't grow up with money. In saying that, I don't mean that my parents were poor. I mean that, I was raised in the backwoods by parents that had no electricity, phone, or other modern conveniences. My mother homeschooled me, made our clothes, grew veggies, raised chickens and canned food for the winter while my dad fished and hunted. If there was something that we needed and didn't have we just went down the road and asked. It was more of a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" sort of thing. Occasionally, we went to town for things we couldn't make ourselves like fabric but that's beside the point.

Eventually, I wanted to see more of the world though. I moved to a small city and now I find myself very much in love with a sweet compassionate man. I love him very much but as crazy as it sounds, I feel like despite being in love I was much more happy without money, electricity, ready-made foods, supermarkets, restaurants, the internet, makeup, malls, etc. etc.

Living this way has resulted in me being very depressed. So, he urged me to seek counseling but it didn't change how I see the world. He also urged me to further my education which I am doing. I have managed to make the Dean's list every semester but as I near closer and closer to my graduation I am finding myself more and more anxious about what I will do when I'm done. I just don't think I could keep a regular "job". I don't care for money and I hate the idea of sitting inside somewhere all day everyday or even worse dealing with people... especially when living like this makes me this unhappy to begin with.

I know that my opinion is not conventional but I just feel like I would be better off with a more sincere life because in my mind, a lot of the modern convinces of everyday life really make our lives worse not better. Sure, my grandparents died in their 60s instead of their 80s and I couldn't watch cat videos when I found myself bored.... but I feel like that life style (though it was admittedly harder than the one I have now) resulted in less boredom and more fulfillment overall. The fact is, You don't have time to be bored if you spend the day canning applesauce for the winter, sewing your own clothes and foraging for food and tending to growing food.

I have told him how I feel but unsurprisingly he does not feel the same drive to live a more simple life. I can understand that. I know my preferred method of living isn't popular. I also wouldn't ask him to live in a fashion that he is not interested in. I have thought about going back home but I love him so much and I know that he would be very sad without me. Still, living like this does not make me happy. So, now, I feel trapped in this life that doesn't bring me joy and I'm afraid that I may never adjust and eventually hurt him more by killing myself.

What should I do?

TLDR; I was raised by self sufficient hillbillies. He grew up in the city. We live in the city. I miss my old life. He likes his current one. I'm depressed but don't want to leave him.

edit - typos mostly some grammar

Where's eagle boyfriend when you need him.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

My fiancé [35M] of three years and I [33F] have vastly different ideas on how we want to live

Graduating at 35 doesn't give you too many job prospects regardless, woman needs to break up with this guy and go live in the wilderness with one of the many guys who are into that sort of thing.

I say that as someone who would not spend a day without a fast Wi-Fi connection and has not canned a food in their life.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

pidan posted:

Graduating at 35 doesn't give you too many job prospects regardless, woman needs to break up with this guy and go live in the wilderness with one of the many guys who are into that sort of thing.

I say that as someone who would not spend a day without a fast Wi-Fi connection and has not canned a food in their life.

I can food. It’s awesome. I have pressure canners and water bath canners. My shelves are stocked with > 70lbs of Honeyscrips from last season, pineapples, chicken chili, and so on. It’s a cool hobby. However, if you genuinely prefer trudging through the snow to poo poo in a hole, spending all day sewing sack cloth dresses, murdering squirrels and other varmints to feed your family, trudging buckets of water from the stream a quarter mile away, and all the other related poo poo on a full-time basis, you are not folksy, you are mentally ill.

Edit:
In a rather stunning coincidence, while I was writing the reply, above, and old Constant Content article of mine sold. The subject: raw-pack canning. I haven’t had an article sell in like a year, and a canning-related article sold while I was talking about my canning hobby.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 5, 2018

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

La Brea Carpet posted:

Sometimes, I feel the answer to most issues is "cacaw motherfucker cacaw"

If your SO can't appreciste a cacaw, sever.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Pick posted:

You haven't lived until an employee calls in sick 3 days in a row because theres too many people at the bus stop.

Euthanasia is the answer. It’s win/win.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Maybe the girl freaked out because she saw Gina's butthole? I hear that's pretty traumatic for adult-children

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Who's embarrassed about their own booty hole? Gosh darn, people need to be more comfortable with their bodies.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

La Brea Carpet posted:

It's just cold feet, you'll settle down and be happy after you're married, no sweat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

monkeytennis posted:

Euthanasia is the answer. It’s win/win.

It is also a win for the six, maybe seven people at the bus stop

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Imagine being an adult woman in her mid-20s who regularly has sex and is morbidly afraid of showing her boyfriend her butthole. Boobs, vagina, it's all okay, but man, the butthole is one step too far. It's amazing to think about.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
She is afraid of getting her butthole eaten out

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

http://lookatthisfuckingintrovert.tumblr.com

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

My favorite microcosm of the selfishness of the introvert identity movement is how they never even bothered to learn the actual word for their mortal enemy (it's spelled extravert). Or is it more of a "Democrat" party situation?

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

I'm (30/M) Autistic and making life hell for my gf (26/F) of two years

magine a person very irritated by kissing, hugging and usually intimacy in general. Who can't stand loudness and rarely willingly takes part in social activities. Who can't act spontaneously, needs to plan everything in a day to be able to breathe, has very limited interests that just doesn't and can't include human interaction. Someone that constantly turns what is supposed to be casual dialogue or mild arguements into angry debates due to confusion.

Now imagine someone full off life and happiness. An outgoing, loving and caring woman that likes relationships, friends, attention and being all around colorful. She really shouldn't fall for the guy I just mentioned, right?

Well, we did fall for each other. We have been together for two years. In that time, I've watched her slow descent into depression and anxiety that our relationship have caused. She admits it, but even though I gave her many outs, she can't stand even the thought of being apart from me and I can't as well. Our parents are finally going to meet, this is getting serious, we already have a life together but we are about to take it to the next step.

Where we live, it was already incredibly hard to find counseling for autistic adults. It is virtually impossible to find couples counseling for our spesific issue of having brains that function very differently. I'm here looking for tried and proven resources, and experiences from people that went through similar periods.

I would appreciate any advice, thank you.

TL:DR: I'm Autistic and I have very problematic human interaction, that extends to my GF of two years. We are getting serious and need advice from people who experienced similar things.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Imagine being an adult woman in her mid-20s who regularly has sex and is morbidly afraid of showing her boyfriend her butthole. Boobs, vagina, it's all okay, but man, the butthole is one step too far. It's amazing to think about.

Clearly she can’t afford getting her butthole bleached.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Maybe that poor lady's family was killed by renegade buttholes. :smith:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Grats to this dude who, in spite of real actual social problems, is more self-aware and honest about what he needs to do to build a successful relationship than 99% of the people posting on r/r

I bet they make it

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Maybe that poor lady's family was killed by renegade buttholes. :smith:

Her dad hit her dog to the butthole surfers.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Ziv Zulander posted:

Who's embarrassed about their own booty hole?

Enough people are that getting your rear end in a top hat bleached is A Thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

It's just cold feet, you'll settle down and be happy after you're married, no sweat.

Also have a kid. That should help too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Written by her, for him.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think Gina and D1 dude from last week should get together and be the most in your face power couple ever, just continuously dunking on weeney introverts and spineless wimps.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

For backwoods lady, I feel like maybe there's a happy medium where you live an 40-60 minutes outside the city and raise chickens and tend garden, but also like have flushing toilets and electricity and participate economically. Probably wouldn't work with city boy, that's never going to go together, but like, probably possible to find a partner willing to get out of the rat race without going back to 1830 to do so.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hellblazer187 posted:

For backwoods lady, I feel like maybe there's a happy medium where you live an 40-60 minutes outside the city and raise chickens and tend garden, but also like have flushing toilets and electricity and participate economically. Probably wouldn't work with city boy, that's never going to go together, but like, probably possible to find a partner willing to get out of the rat race without going back to 1830 to do so.

her issue isn't poverty or w/e it's that she's a self-sabotager, if it's not this it'll be something else

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

pidan posted:

Graduating at 35 doesn't give you too many job prospects regardless

That's going to depend on the major. Graduating with a poo poo major at 22 doesn't do much either. Graduating at 35 with an in demand major will still get you employed. I'd rather get out at 35 with qualifications for nursing or comp sci or (whatever is actually in demand now) than a generic liberal arts degree at 22.

I guess like, mid tier degrees like business admin or something, yeah, you'll want that at 22 not 35.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You have to be careful about things like nursing though, one reason it's in high demand is turnover is insane. So if you work four years, to get a job you work for three, you're likely off worse for the effort.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pick posted:

You have to be careful about things like nursing though, one reason it's in high demand is turnover is insane. So if you work four years, to get a job you work for three, you're likely off worse for the effort.

Oh, sure. I'm just saying you aren't aged out of consideration for junior roles at age 35 in all fields. I'm 35 now and while do hate my job, I would never consider nursing lol.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Hellblazer187 posted:

She could do that and be less happy with her lifestyle, but there are people who would want to join her in the whole "no indoor plumbing and sack cloth clothing" lifestyle. If she jettisons the boyfriend she doesn't have to compromise. Her skills from her upbringing will make her a valuable addition to any hippy commune or Mormon fundamentalist compound.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I'm not trying to make fun of it but when people's posts references their anxiety and their anxiety attacks multiple times, yeesh. It seems like a grim existence.

Like a cashier asks them something unexpected, time for a good cry in the car, that just seems like a rough way to go through life.

A naked person? To the cry chamber!

These are the people that need frosted glass crying rooms installed at their workplace

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Gf says she can't fulfill her daddy "fetish" with me because of the age difference.

quote:

Over the time I've known my gf, even before we got together and now she's mentioned that she loves saying "daddy" and being called a "good little girl". Which is awesome, I love calling the woman I'm with "my good little girl/gently caress toy, etc" I'm into it, let's do it.

So I finally figured I'd give it a try and... It didn't go as planned. In the moment there was a slight pause in the action, a millisecond, if that, but I noticed it and stayed away from saying anything again. The next day she brought it up and said she didn't like it and it was weird that I said it, when I asked why it's because she's older than me (by less than a year) and that I'm her cute innocent guy and it just didn't work. I believe her words were "You will never be" daddy"" and it kinda hit me hard because it's something I know she's called guys in her past relationships.

She probably didn't mean anything by it but it's something that's stayed in my head and has been bugging me, I feel inferior and I can't change my age. Am I being sensitive?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gf says she can't fulfill her daddy "fetish" with me because of the age difference.

How loving hard is it to get a wig and some tinted foundation?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

quote:

I love calling the woman I'm with "my good little girl/gently caress toy, etc" I'm into it, let's do it

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol ouch. :sever:

Let her find her real daddy.

Haha “you will never be daddy” is loving hilarious though.