Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

cumshitter posted:

My favorite time I saw a dude strike out with every woman at a party is the time a friend of a friend came. He proceeded to drink a 12 pack of Steel Reserve very quickly, and then a few minutes before he passed out in front of the fridge on his way to another beer, using discarded beer boxes as a pillow, he had this conversation with a lady out on the patio:

"You're so beautiful and awesome. We should hang out sometime."

"You're drunk."

"No. No I'm not. OK, I am."

This legitimately might have been me at a party. Who else drinks 12-packs of 211?

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Pick posted:

Yeah omg scoop in realtime

I used to see late-night tv ads for some automatic cat poo poo box that had a motion sensor and would scoop the poop as soon as the cat stepped out of the box, and like they must have not worked at all cause otherwise everybody who has a cat would own one

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pick posted:

i'ma also tell you bout thing

"but it's so expensive!!"

yes but your house doesnt smell like pee any mor. this litter is the litter of kings, gods, exalted worshippers
I don't buy that specific litter but going even a tier or two above the cheap poo poo is like night and day.

I went years using Tidy Cats because that's what my family always used growing up, but I tried the good stuff and realized how incredible it is not to have to deal with as much pee stench/clumps sticking to the litterbox and scoop/litter scattered all over the floor. Not having a huge cloud of dust every time you refill the litter is nice, too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

andrew smash posted:

I used to see late-night tv ads for some automatic cat poo poo box that had a motion sensor and would scoop the poop as soon as the cat stepped out of the box, and like they must have not worked at all cause otherwise everybody who has a cat would own one

Of course not, the good ones eventually gain sentience and realize that the only way to stay clean is to end the source of the messes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
actually the problem is that your boyfriend starts using it, his shame has no bottom

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pick posted:

yes but your house doesnt smell like pee any mor. this litter is the litter of kings, gods, exalted worshippers
this poo poo has the strength of multiple cats

it can wrestle your cat's feces into submission I assume

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

andrew smash posted:

Really the only one that I know works loving amazing is the Litter Robot. I had one when my ex and I had a cat and the thing was magic I swear. Its expensive as poo poo but it actually saves on litter use. Only real issue is that its kinda big and bulky but if you have the space its well worth it.

The Litter Robot is Legit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just feed your cat soylent and kill its gut bacteria until it no longer poops.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Oh man that litter robot is a misleading title, that thing is a poo poo palace for your cat.

It's like a EVA for your cat.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 6, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Got some friends I've catsit for occasionally that have this flushable brand of cat litter, it's made from like wheat or barley or something. They keep the litter box in the bathroom and you just scoop it directly into the toilet and flush, seems like a good situation.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

It's like a EVA for your cat.

So I'll spend 6 hours of my life screaming at the cat to just get inside of it while it wont stop mewling?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

So I'll spend 6 hours of my life screaming at the cat to just get inside of it while it wont stop mewling?

Na. My cat went right in with no issues.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Na. My cat went right in with no issues.

joke

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

andrew smash posted:

They’re expensive (some are “only” $60-70 but I’ve seen as high as $400), prone to malfunction, and frankly kind of a pain in the rear end to clean.

If you’re going to be lazy about it you might as well teach your cat to flush.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He[25M] isn't my usual type. Am I[27F] being shallow?

quote:

On a throwaway because he also reddits.

To preface this, I'm currently going through a breakup. My boyfriend of two years broke up with me a year ago, and left me financially, emotionally, and mentally destroyed.

From this failed relationship, I have huge trust issues, and I am fully aware that I am not over my ex, and still have feelings for him, even a year later. I've regained my financial stability, but my pride is very wounded still, my self esteem is low, and I have alot of people in my life who are still like "I told you he was a dirtbag." regarding my ex.

So, I had a guy (let's call him Ned) approach me over Facebook, because he saw me on a Childfree Dating Site.

At first I was kinda standoffish, because duh, he's some random from the internet, but I'm also not an unkind person, and will talk to jisy about anyone, it doesn't matter to me.

So we talked, nothing deep, just normal conversation that would happen every day or every few days.

But Ned caught me at a vulnerable(and admittedly, drunken) time one night and I kinda broke like so many waves over his rocks.

I told him a lot about my past, and my present, and some of the poo poo I'm currently going through.

Ned was super understanding, very sympathetic, and didn't waver at all, even though I told him some HEAVY poo poo.

He's since helped me, and talked me through, a lot of ongoing issues in my life. He's never judged me, and when I recently had a big achievement happen, he was the proudest of anyone, even though he barely knows me.

It took a while, but we graduated to phone calls, which now happen every night or almost every night, and then we met(at my work, because cameras, and I have a panic button there which will bring the police...guns drawn), this took a lot because I TERRIFIED of dating right now.

We match up on alot of things lifstyle-wise:

Childfree
Pets>Kids
Both have our careers set, although I'm still in school, technically.
Want to buy a fixer upper house and make it our dream home
Gun Owners
Similar sexual interests/kinks(another drunken conversation..lol)
Not religion oriented
Gamers
Fairly nerdy (But in different respects.)
Similar moral standing/views

Here in lies my issue(s):

When we first met, I realized he was not my type physically speaking at all.

Tbh, he's rather doughy. Which, I feel guilty being hyper focused on, as I have a bit of extra weight on me as well. But I've dated guys who were heavier, so I know his weight, and how he carries that weight is not my sole issue.

He showed up to our first date looking homeless, and smelling awful.

The man is 25, making decent money, working a job that gets him weekends and holidays off, but he showed up to our first "date" smelling like chemical solvent, and unwashed clothes(y'all know that weird, musty smell).

He had a weeks worth of stubble at least(which was uneven, like he'd missed a spot, shrugged, and left it), hair that clearly needed to be cut, dirty fingernails, and was wearing a jacket (that he refused to take off) which had an entire cuff that was ripped open and hanging off it(idk about you guys, but when I rip a piece of clothing, I either toss it out, or repair it, and certainly don't wear it to a first date).

He's 25, but dresses like a 50 year old soccer dad.

He wears his steetoe shoes(not even boots), or his white kmart tennis shoes. Medium wash dad jeans from good will(no, seriously, these are the exact same jeans my dad wears when he mows the lawn), bowling jerseys, random teeshirts. He describes his style as "pretty utilitarian" but, Jesus Christ, he lives in a huge city, he is not Bear Grilles trekking his rear end across the Andes with an 8oz water bottle, 5 ft of rope, and a paperclip.

I take decent care of myself; brush my teeth everyday, shower daily, do my hair, always smell nice, nails and toes always painted, I wax, and shave all the appropriate areas. I dress well, and have my own sense of style, and I like to accessorize. I have developed my own aesthetic; which is mostly graphic tees, converse shoes, ripped jeans (that are meant to look that way), aviators, occasionally I'll wear dresses and skirts, but I spend a good amount of time making sure that I look decent no matter where I'm going, even if its just running errands.

All my clothes are well taken care of, clean, and intact.

I subscribe to the notion that first impressions count, and you never know where you'll meet your next soulmate, friend, or network possibility.

He's nerdy in ways that I am not, and I'm nerdy in ways that he is not

Me: I'm into comic books, superheros, especially DC. I'm into LoTR, and some medieval stuff(like the ren faire). Harry Potter is a big thing for me too. I'm into Zombies, and zombie lore. I'm a console gamer, who is into single player games with a good story(Last Of Us, Dying Light, Skyrim, Uncharted, Resident Evil), and some superhero and life simulation games(Batman games, Deadpool, the sims), I'm also into the occult(zodiac, tarot).

Him: He's a semi-pro bowler, spends countless hours playing Pokemon go on his days off. Outside of these two things, he doesn't do much else because his computer poo poo out, which means he can't play his games anymore(Witcher, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, sims, I'm sure there's others, but I can't name any.)

I feel like we have very little in common outside of minecraft, some PC gaming, and the ren faire, and a number of things that only count when we are together longer.

Am I being shallow for wanting someone "on my level" who takes care of himself? Not even so much his weight, but....buy a jacket that doesn't have one sleeve ripped open! And dont wear that poo poo to a date!

He's becoming very fond of me, and I consider him a good friend, but due to our first meeting, I don't want a second one, and have been dodging him a bit.

Do I tell him how I feel? And how he ruined our first meeting for me? HOW do I do that without hurting him?

He's a super sweet guy, who is awkward, where as I am quiet,and reserved, but not exactly awkward.

[TL;DR] Guy I've been talking to is very sweet but doesn't take very good care of himself. We would be a good match but I can't get past our ruined first date. Am I being shallow? Should I tell him I'm not interested? Is it worth it to tell him that he fudged the first impression, and now I am turned off? How do I do that without hurting him?
Bolding OP's.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

fruit on the bottom posted:

They’re expensive (some are “only” $60-70 but I’ve seen as high as $400), prone to malfunction, and frankly kind of a pain in the rear end to clean.

If you’re going to be lazy about it you might as well teach your cat to flush.

could just not have a fuckin cat, enjoy your latent toxoplasmosis infections

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haifisch posted:

So, I had a guy (let's call him Ned) approach me over Facebook, because he saw me on a Childfree Dating Site.

Bolding OP's.

Really thats the only thing you need to know about this lady.

Edit: Actually both of them :shrug:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Barudak posted:

Congratulations, Kitty.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Pick posted:

Corn litter is also the stuff of legend and super cheap, like $12 for a massive bag. It's a shitload lighter and pee doesn't clump like clay litter so it's a ton easier to scoop and change. My HEB stopped carrying it so now I have to go all the way to the Walmart for it but I'll be damned if I'm going back to clay; I've got five idiot kittens and two adults, I'm not dealing with nasty rear end clay litter. Also the corn stuff masks the ammonia smell a lot better so I don't even notice the box smell most of the time (unless my dumbass fat one takes one of her massive shits, there's not a litter in the world gonna help with that)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

Bolding OP's.

She got dumped a year ago, and still refers to herself as “currently going through a breakup.”
Her ex left her “financially, emotionally, and mentally destroyed.” Now that he’s out of the picture, she admits that “alot” of her friends told her the guy was a scumbag.
She’s “not over” the scumbag.
She’s fat, but judges Ned for being “doughy.”

I’m thinking Ned put it all together before their first date, and showed up in reaking hobo regalia to guarantee he never has to see her, again.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

This legitimately might have been me at a party. Who else drinks 12-packs of 211?

presumably everyone who drinks steel reserve. it's a real 'it's not the journey, it's the destination' kinda drink.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

You kick her loving rear end, that's how

https://youtu.be/MZcWi6wEbG0

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

andrew smash posted:

My cats wouldn't piss or poo poo in it. The robot arm freaked them out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

My cats wouldn't piss or poo poo in it. The robot arm freaked them out.

Mine did too at first but I used impact training on him and just before he needed a third impact training session he was getting in and out no problem.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

presumably everyone who drinks steel reserve. it's a real 'it's not the journey, it's the destination' kinda drink.

Zero to drunk in as little money as possible. It’s high gravity because your rear end is gonna be on the floor.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

andrew smash posted:

could just not have a fuckin cat, enjoy your latent toxoplasmosis infections

Spoken like a true beta bitch. A lot like our next contestant

I [28M] wrote a song. My girlfriend [28F] listened to it without knowing I created it, and called it trash. When she found out I created it, she got extremely mad at me.

quote:

So let me start off by saying that I know this was slightly manipulative. I deceived her my omission, and it speaks volumes about my communication skills. I understand that, and I actually feel really guilty about it.

But here's what happened. My girlfriend is very critical about music. I make music on my own, but I never felt like she ever gave me real criticism of my music, despite me pleading with her to give me something blunt and real. She always said it was great, and never had anything to say about it. But when she would critique other music, she would get extremely detailed with it, critiquing music down to the very last detail. I really admire her thoughts on music, and all I really wanted was for her to do that for my music as well. But she would always just say it was "great" without saying much else, and I never believed her due to the stark differences in how she would frame these opinions.

So one day, I had her listen to some music, without telling her it was mine. I just said, "hey check out this track," without saying it was mine. She went in. She said it was the work of someone who had no idea what they were doing. The composition was all over the place, and it didn't flow together. Sections of the song were much too long, there was a rise without a climax, and she said it was all around just a boring song.

When I told her it was my song, she got really, extremely upset. She said I was an rear end in a top hat for lying to her, I manipulated her, and that she can never trust me again. She took a bunch of things and stayed at her parents house last night.

I feel terrible, but at the same time, I also feel a bit vindicated. Also, I feel like she's over reacting. I don't really know where to go from here, because I don't want to lie to her about how I feel about what I did (feel sort of bad, but then again not really). Did I do the right thing?

tl;dr: I let my girlfriend listen to a song I created, unknowingly. She hated it, but when I told her I made it, she melted down, and left.

Owned.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

andrew smash posted:

Yeah, the one from the commercials kinda sucks. I think there is a litter robot that spins that several PI goons were pleased with, though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Bored posted:

Yeah, the one from the commercials kinda sucks. I think there is a litter robot that spins that several PI goons were pleased with, though.

I’ve been told to be… skeptical of that subforum

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Wife [29 F] wants me [30 M] to snuggle her in bed much more than I'd like. What's the best solution?

quote:

u/Technical_Rooster
I am talking about weekends. Most weekends, we run errands on Saturdays, maybe go out that night and on Sundays we either stay at home, go out for a peaceful lunch or meet her family, who tends to gather on Sundays after church (we don't go to church).

The thing is, I am used to getting up around 6:30-6:45, while she prefers to get up around 8. When I get up early, I do my thing in the bathroom and start making breakfast, but sometimes she wants me to stay with her until she wants to get up, usually 45 minutes later or so.

For some reason, I can't stand being fully awake but just doing nothing in bed. I like cuddling her, but after 15 minutes I feel I need to start doing something else. Sometimes I get up while she is still asleep or being lazy in bed (no offense, being lazy after a week of working is OK), and a while later tells something like "Oh, I wanted to snuggle a bit longer". Maybe if had more patience for wandering in bed I would do it, but I can't. I just feel the need to do something else.

Also happens we have sex early. I can cuddle for 15 minutes but if she falls asleep again off I want to go. I just like the morning breeze and drinking coffee before 7, and feeling productive from early in the morning.

Is any of us being somehow unfair? SHould I stay longer? Should she not expect to stay longer?

tl;dr: My wife wants me to cuddle her until she wakes up around 40 minutes later but I like getting up earlier. Is that OK? Or she we compromise something?

Have kids. They will then want to come through anytime from 4 in the morning. Problem eliminated.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Barudak posted:

Mine did too at first but I used impact training on him and just before he needed a third impact training session he was getting in and out no problem.

Impact tra

Wait hold on now. I thought you should only punch dogs? Wow, this had opened up a whole new pet punching world for me!

No it's mostly fine nowadays. All the super crazy ones migrated to private face books. The downside is that it's fairly dead.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Probably good advice. I just doubt I read anything about it GBS. Whether different automatic litter pans work or not probably did not turn into a fight, so it was a safe read.

I had nothing to add to the knowledgeable posts, of which there were many, and I just don't have the urge to argue with the handful of stupid posters who hang out there. So I stopped going there shortly after registering.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Spoken like a true beta bitch. A lot like our next contestant

I [28M] wrote a song. My girlfriend [28F] listened to it without knowing I created it, and called it trash. When she found out I created it, she got extremely mad at me.

Owned.

Reddit comments are kinda weird on this one, he just wanted her actual opinion on his work not as a girlfriend. I can understand why she felt like it was a trap but I can also understand why he felt like she was just constantly lying to him about it and wanted a real response. The whole reddit thread seems hyper focuses on him deceiving her for some real criticism while ignoring that he obviously felt her condescension in her lies about the music in their normal discussion. Better communication was needed on both sides.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Anyone who plays bullshit little games should be dumped imo.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I wonder if she really was offended or if she thought he would be offended by her criticism and reacted to that. Which actually makes me wonder, what did he think of and how did he react to her criticism? Was he like "oh that's interesting, I'll think about changing some of those things" or "aha, I always knew you hated my music, surprise, this one is mine" or was he offended or angry about it. His reaction and the way he revealed it was his would help clarify if her reaction is as overblown as it seems or it makes sense in context.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I could never own a cat, what if it sees my butthole?? I'd have to shower in the dark or something

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I wonder if she really was offended or if she thought he would be offended by her criticism and reacted to that. Which actually makes me wonder, what did he think of and how did he react to her criticism? Was he like "oh that's interesting, I'll think about changing some of those things" or "aha, I always knew you hated my music, surprise, this one is mine" or was he offended or angry about it. His reaction and the way he revealed it was his would help clarify if her reaction is as overblown as it seems or it makes sense in context.

quote:

I don't think it was horrible, but it deliberately wasn't one of my best. I even agreed with some of her assessments! Particularly the rise without a climax part.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Alternately,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wntPbp4ADpE&t=595s

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Toxoplasmosis infections tend to not be an issue for housecats who aren't regularly eating mice or bugs or whatever other potential carrier is out there.

Also, flushing litter is a bad idea because most water treatment plants aren't setup to deal with cat bacteria.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

His responses seems mixed on this, but I get the impression he genuinely wanted her actual thoughts and opinion on his work and this was his last ditch attempt. To me while I can understand the whole "he shouldn't have deceived her" angle, that it came to this was weird in the first place. My gf and I are in different fields but she has me help edit all her papers, I'm good at it and am totally willing to share my expertise with her. When something comes back during review I might soften the blow but I'll still recommend changes that help her work get published, I don't just go "yeah what you did is perfect, don't worry about it". It's what you do to help someone you care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also re: cats, my cat is very polite. When she walks into the living room she waits for me to notice her whether that’s immediately or minutes later, and only then does she jump onto the chair next to me.