Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Alder posted:

nier x ffxiv collab when??

I cannot tell what top that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Argas posted:

I cannot tell what top that is.

It's modded. The whole outfit is, except the head bandage maybe.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Mordiceius posted:

I had the worst lighthouse group ever today ama

How much time was left on the timer when you got out? I had 7 minutes on my day 1 clear.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sade posted:

How much time was left on the timer when you got out? I had 7 minutes on my day 1 clear.

The construct fight took close to 30 minutes.

We wiped like 3 times on Yiaz because the DPS couldn't kill the adds fast enough, then we vote abandoned after my group thoroughly pissed off the other groups by spamming macros and passages from Atlas Shrugged.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Mordiceius posted:

I had the worst lighthouse group ever today ama

That was the worst dps I've seen in any group in this game.

We'd get 5 minutes into Yiaz and he'd be at 93%

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

I remember really liking this idea but upon re-reading it I've noticed they want you to collect 99 fibers before you're allowed to buy the Nier items and you get 3 fibers from Golding a FATE. That's a lot of grinding, even with the 5 fibers you'd get each day from EXDR (without doing any FATES it would take 20 days worth of EXDR to get enough fibers). So while I really like the look of the fictional event I'm really glad they aren't on the ff14 design team :v:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I'd been doing mostly Savage raiding before the patch so I didn't even realise Yiazmat's HP was inflated at first. His health decreased like we were in Kefka so I just shrugged and carried on.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

when is new potd?
likely july 3rd at the earliest

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Drizvolta posted:

I remember really liking this idea but upon re-reading it I've noticed they want you to collect 99 fibers before you're allowed to buy the Nier items and you get 3 fibers from Golding a FATE. That's a lot of grinding, even with the 5 fibers you'd get each day from EXDR (without doing any FATES it would take 20 days worth of EXDR to get enough fibers). So while I really like the look of the fictional event I'm really glad they aren't on the ff14 design team :v:

Lest we forget the Yokai Medallions

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm not sure I've even been in a lighthouse run where we didn't crash and burn on the Yiazmat add phase at least once due to low dps.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Wacky Delly posted:

That was the worst dps I've seen in any group in this game.

We'd get 5 minutes into Yiaz and he'd be at 93%

Someone mentioned in discord that every single person who wasn't in our alliance (and maybe the pub rdm who was?) was doing sub-2k which is so nightmarishly bad I have to assume it was a troll group out for blood. Also B and C tanks having a Provoke fight on the bosses but then constantly dying or losing aggro to our NIN.

I also recall someone in alliance c had the audacity to call us retards and blamed it all on us.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

melodicwaffle posted:

Someone mentioned in discord that every single person who wasn't in our alliance (and maybe the pub rdm who was?) was doing sub-2k which is so nightmarishly bad I have to assume it was a troll group out for blood.

Nah, they probably had fine DPS for pugs when they were alive but spent >50% of their time dead. That's the usual failure mode.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

On Tuesday I had a crazy good Ridorana group that one-shot everything with great dps, minus me who was having terrible connection problems and died all the time :v:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

jalapeno_dude posted:

Nah, they probably had fine DPS for pugs when they were alive but spent >50% of their time dead. That's the usual failure mode.

no, their dps was abysmal. their play had no redeeming qualities.

e: not to mention 2 alliances kept fighting for aggro for every boss from opposite sides so it kept spinning.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 14, 2018

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

jalapeno_dude posted:

You'd think that, but they were fine for the most part at mechanics. Just not hitting buttons or something.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I ran Ridorana as DRG this week now that Need is back, despite having no idea how to play DRG at 70, but ended up greeding on the MNK top anyway.

Thats my lighthouse story.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I ran Ridorana as DRG this week now that Need is back, despite having no idea how to play DRG at 70, but ended up greeding on the MNK top anyway.

Thats my lighthouse story.

I ran Ridorana this week in an alliance that only got DRG and NIN loot. Every single person passed on all the gear and it was all lost.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

If loot drops in a raid and nobody picks it up, does it make a sound?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
My machinist chest dropped twice in a single run, which was amusing given that I got outrolled on it by warriors and dragoons every week until now. I'm just glad it's over.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Lest we forget the Yokai Medallions

I heard that event was designed by people from Level-5 and not the ff14 design team, however it's not like the ff14 team hasn't made dumb decisions about how fates should be used.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, Yoship and Akihiro Hino are friends and they had Hino design the event. Hino, also, was a big 14 1.0 fan as it turns out

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Can you just buy the glowy ghost mount from the cash shop by now?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Between the Yokai event and the MHW event, we now know that special events come to FFXIV because "YoshiP is friends with and went out drinking with <insert developer name here>." What this tells me is... someone needs to get YoshiP to be friends with Yoko Taro.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

HenryEx posted:

Can you just buy the glowy ghost mount from the cash shop by now?

noooooooope

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Between the Yokai event and the MHW event, we now know that special events come to FFXIV because "YoshiP is friends with and went out drinking with <insert developer name here>." What this tells me is... someone needs to get YoshiP to be friends with Yoko Taro.

go drinking with ZUN, YoshiP

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
That’s probably be easy to set up, the way I hear it Taro keeps getting games despite his track record of releasing flops-turned-cult-classics because he’s drinking buddies with some higher ups in Square.

Also he’d probably try and turn it into a Drakengard crossover where you need to get 99 ears from a FATE where you kill child conscripts or something awful like that.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

dmboogie posted:

go drinking with ZUN, YoshiP

We already have Byakko what more could you need?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Someone needs to put Yoship and Kojima in the same bar and give them unlimited free booze.

I want Big Boss to teach me the basics of CQC.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

EGSunBro posted:

We already have Byakko what more could you need?

hats and the frilliest dresses

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Someone stop him from drinking with Tanaka anymore so dumb poo poo like Eureka stops happening

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

mikeycp posted:

noooooooope

excellent *rubs hands*

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Had a lighthouse run which had probably the first instance I've seen of like, continued cyberbullying. My alliance (C) wasn't doing so hot (I think I was the only person who didn't die at least 3 times on the first boss) so people from alliance A and B started making fun of us, which whatever, kind of deserved. But then on the second boss, this guy from alliance A kept running chains through people and blaming it on "those idiots from alliance C" and then kept saying we we're the last group to do adds on Construct cuz we're so stupid (we were somehow first cuz we got the missile one) It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Dude was dedicated.

Story has a good ending though because he rolled a 1 on the minion. :v:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
24 man seems to be the right size to bring out the dorks who gotta try and look cool for the group. I've only had really big jerks a few times, though one ADR run had a husband and wife using alliance chat to discuss what to get for dinner.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

24 man seems to be the right size to bring out the dorks who gotta try and look cool for the group. I've only had really big jerks a few times, though one ADR run had a husband and wife using alliance chat to discuss what to get for dinner.

did you give any suggestions

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Relax Or DIE posted:

one ADR run had a husband and wife using alliance chat to discuss what to get for dinner.

ngl that's actually kinda cute

May 8, 2006

UHD posted:

did you give any suggestions

I'm always gonna go right to tacos

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

I recorded it all past belias, they were abysmal. The two other tanks kept squabbling over MT and causing unnecessary boss spins, and someone who was running ACT told me that I was fourth or fifth highest DPS. I have been playing for 5 months and have only had my full rotation for three weeks and have had little time to really practice and optimise it, I was doing 2k DPS. They were below that level of play. They were insanely bad. With this position on the aggro list, I was still frequently taking aggro from the MT squabbling session in every fight except for Yiazmat, whether they were dead or alive. Alliance C never passed maths, and Alliance B passed half of it. The part where you drop golems? My recording shows that once alliance literally never killed a golem while they had their vuln, and the other alliance only barely killed one in that time. They were terrible at putting out DPS, and were worse at focusing targets and doing the mechanics than me, the man with Welsh internet.

Dying was not their issue - although they did die a lot. It was a lot of basic misunderstandings of the game. There were 3 other ninjas across the alliances, I was the only one putting up TA. I do not think the two squabbling MTs ever used mitigations because they were constantly down, or their healers were just so poor they couldn't sustain them. Or both.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, a healer got mad at a NIN on my behalf for pulling ahead of me when I was tanking Bardam's today, that's never happened before. At this point I generally just shrug and go "whatever" when someone pulls early.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arist posted:

Lol, a healer got mad at a NIN on my behalf for pulling ahead of me when I was tanking Bardam's today, that's never happened before. At this point I generally just shrug and go "whatever" when someone pulls early.

That's why you always keep Shirk on your bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Somehow that lighthouse post surprised me. I ran circus with another NIN in my party, I was only one either using Trick or landing it. And I am bad at NIN.