Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

David Hayter talking about Squid Kids is gonna be epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Snake getting horny for Bayonetta and respecting Cloud as a noble soldier. Venom echo character maybe

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to post it so it's going here.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the Megaman Collection and started playing Megaman. I can't get past the platforming part of Gutsman's stage. lovely game.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's from that time period where they didn't really know how to make good games, so they just made them really frustrating and lovely so kids would keep putting quarters into machines or not feel ripped off if they rented the game and beat it in half an hour

Guy Goodbody posted:

When I finally got to the second platform and made it to the end of it's track only to discover that the third platform isn't always there and I'd have to do another cycle on the second platform, I just said gently caress this

Guy Goodbody posted:

I beat Metalman and went to the next level but now I can't figure out how to equip his weapon

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jesus christ, this disappearing block level is the worst. Megaman games are terrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Win.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guy Goodbody

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
megaman invented the concept of a platformer being hard

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

new Snake/Otacon codec calls for all the new characters :stare:

nice

Cobalt Viper posted:

so weird to see someone lose their disappearing block cherry in real time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't wanna end up spamming this good thread with lovely Games posts but this is almost too good to be true. I want to believe he's trolling but I know in my heart he's 100% serious.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The background in Bubbleman's level is like a magic eye designed to give you a headache. Terrible, awful game.

What's the deal with the two life bars? I have two life bars now but I don't understand why one will go down sometimes and the other other times, or why I die while I still have half a life bar left

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

new Snake/Otacon codec calls for all the new characters :stare:

That's awesome.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the idea that he's playing what he full well knows was originally a nes game and didnt even think to press start to change weapons is making me triple take

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Cobalt Viper posted:

Cobalt Viper posted:

I don't wanna end up spamming this good thread with lovely Games posts but this is almost too good to be true. I want to believe he's trolling but I know in my heart he's 100% serious.

Aaaaaahhhhhh

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Megaman 1 is pretty lovely even though he's an idiot and a whiner but saying the same about Megaman 2 is inexcusable.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

honestly just looking at the posts, it seems like he's either about 12 years old or unable to tie his own shoes, i wouldn't bother helldumping the mega moron

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kongming posted:

Megaman 1 is pretty lovely even though he's an idiot and a whiner but saying the same about Megaman 2 is inexcusable.

megaman 1 is a fine game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

its ok, its silly to expect it to be the best game in a series with 10 games though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mega man 1 is "nintendo hard" because it's very old, everyone got salty about getting guts-dumped, the ice man blocks, or the rock monstera nd then rejoiced after beating them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's majorly improved by save states because it's the only w/o passwords and nobdoy wants to play a whole game like that in one sitting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cobalt Viper posted:

Oh my god...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

buying a $40 collection of 6 nes games and then 9 minutes later posting that all games of that era are poo poo is pro

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it's majorly improved by save states because it's the only w/o passwords and nobdoy wants to play a whole game like that in one sitting.

christ.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i mostly like the nobuo eumatsu/koji kondo "let's write for nintendo like composers" thing but there's something charming about how the Mega Man music leans into the fact that it's made on some kind of 8 bit chipset. that complainer guy got bubble man stuck in my head.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am really bad at Mega Man but I acknowledge that this is my own fault and shameful for a man who owns an NES

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/sayoyonsayoyon/status/1009062585646268416

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm traumatized from getting all the way to ice man and having to leave for baseball practice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Real gamer kids know about leaving the NES on all night long but strategically covering the power light with a sock or a blanket or something so that mom doesn't notice the red light and turn it off.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mega Man 1 doesn't have passwords because it takes like 30 minutes to beat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

Real gamer kids know about leaving the NES on all night long but strategically covering the power light with a sock or a blanket or something so that mom doesn't notice the red light and turn it off.

i'm extremely mad at eight year old me now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i'm extremely mad at eight year old me now.

go beat the game now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cute

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

go beat the game now

i've beat all the NES mega man games. i know 2 is the best, but 3 is my favorite. i like the doc robot stages.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

Mega Man 1 doesn't have passwords because it takes like 30 minutes to beat.

seriously... if youve never played it before and struggle with each level its still probably 2-3 hours tops which isnt exactly a big sitting

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK, now I know that people who talk about how great Megaman 2 is and how it holds up are deluded. The ladder maze is genuinely the worst designed section of any game I've played on the Switch. That is loving awful.

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ladder maze?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

just lost like 3 hours to hollowknight..ifucking love this game. happy to report the switch version doesnt have any inexplicable framerate or loading issues that plagues a lot of lazy switch ports, it also takes advantage of the HD rumble with little ticks for collecting coins and hard jolts for landing big hits and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

on crashman's stage I think...?