Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Are you suggesting that Vertisce is a bit… broken? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ewe2 posted:

Welcome to another edition of Dude, Where's My Face, the long-awaited Friday for citizens :v:

Crunchday

Featuring:
* Lyrics
* Parps
* Suspicious Led Zeppelin callbacks
* Dodgy Ice-T rapping
* bonus guitar noodling

:pgabz:

:five:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Full disclosure: I am a HUGE FAN of a "game" that doesn't exist, hasn't been planned, and is headed by a known fraud. I am a HUGE FAN of what this game is/was/will be, although even the most basic of elements isn't nailed down and no two members of its community agree on what any of it is or should be. I am a HUGE FAN - full disclosure.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The more CIG adds, the more they release, the more we will see threads like this. If they make it to release, their forums will look just look like any other forum out there, with a majority of posts being people bitching about something.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall posted:

Current haul of Citizen's Conned : $ 1,105,202.00

:rip:
Agony Aunt 800k
Ponzi $1 million.
SolusLunes No but seriously I'm gonna go with $800k. I'm rooting for failure

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Full disclosure: I am a HUGE FAN of a "game" that doesn't exist, hasn't been planned, and is headed by a known fraud. I am a HUGE FAN of what this game is/was/will be, although even the most basic of elements isn't nailed down and no two members of its community agree on what any of it is or should be. I am a HUGE FAN - full disclosure.

I am a HUGE FAN
-Ben Lesnick, a HUGE FAN

AtmaTheWanderer
Nov 6, 2003
FFXI Mithra Mangina
Pillbug
Star Citizen: [refactored too quickly to be advertised]

SomethingFrosty
Aug 30, 2018

Flower Power Commando Farmer

How in the 'verse could anyone think they were anywhere faintly close to beta? Isn't there meant to be more than one system? They're not even looking at all of Stanton by end of 2019 at current rate of progress

Amazing.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

Virtual Captain posted:

Store Citizer: Had to kill myself both times, which is nice

Basically describes my drunken "WE ARE THE BEST SPACE PIRATES" experience 4 years ago. So that's nice to know.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

SomethingFrosty posted:

How in the 'verse could anyone think they were anywhere faintly close to beta? Isn't there meant to be more than one system? They're not even looking at all of Stanton by end of 2019 at current rate of progress

Amazing.

Joe Blobers is a true believer

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That's one way to put it. I almost believed him to be a shill, but after seeing that, i'm just convinced he is broke in the head.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SomethingFrosty posted:

Amazing.

Ask him yourself. Just post the question on any SC article in the media. Or actually, he's probably reading here. Hey Joe!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Caught up with the con. It sounds nice, I should probably watch the video.

What the gently caress was Sandi wearing?

Raccoons on a space bike.

Has crobear been face-animated yet?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pixelate posted:

I'm enjoying the knife work. Some of your earlier rant reports and jank delves were part of what got me into SA in the first place
o8

Thank you! I wish I could muster the same level of outrage for the current build, but other than the more generalized nebula of negative emotions I feel towards Crobs himself, I can't find it in me to hate the game itself. It is a muddy, poo poo-covered puppy with three legs and a diet that requires shredded hundred dollar bills in its food bowl every day. I want to love it but it's such a goddamn mess and money pit that it'd be better never to have discovered it at all.

It triggers a lot of my "Oh this will be a great game" instincts. Say what you will about CIG's autistic level attention to the small details- there is a lot of stuff in the game that really adds to the feeling of being a spaceman in space. Sometimes you don't want to fly up and use an automated terminal to trade a-la ED, you actually want to get out of your ship and go through customs and see other players (and THEN use an automated terminal, inside. Sigh.) The moments when those things work is actually really great and you can see the bones of a very immersive "sim-lite" space game. The problem is that in the course of the trip I just described, the player likely had to (and these are literally all from last night):

• Ram two other ships away from the landing pad because CIG built 4 landing pads into Levski, the most active quest and trading hub in the whole game, and if they're occupied you literally have to park outside and walk
  • Fight the elevator button multiple times with the F menu
  • Avoid walking too far to the left or right of the corridor, because they built the corridors hanging over a scenery of pipes and wires and poo poo, and if you walk too close to the edge you will just fall off and through the pipes and then straight out of the map until you die. Ask me how I discovered that one
  • For some reason the landing NPC kept popping up a FaceTime window with me, but I couldn't hear his voice, so it'd just be this dude in dreadlocks making faces at me from the top right of my screen. Then he disappeared but the border on his window stayed. It was like that for the rest of the time I played.
  • Discover that there's a hidden "Demand" stat on the stuff you're selling, and there's no way to know what it is, and if you go over that in one sale the game will allow you to sell the items, then glitch and cancel the transaction and lock you out of any future transactions until you relog. The only way to figure out how much you can sell at a time is to start at 1, and increment up by 1 every sale until you get the glitch. I eventually learned that Levski would buy about 13 units of stims per transaction. I had 9,600 in my cargo bay. That's when I gave up.

It really does feel like people sketched together every single crazy rear end idea that was pitched at them, and then never bothered to fix or clean up any of them. Some of them- individual reaction thrusters on the ships, the interactive consoles- are brilliant, and add a lot to the feel of being in a place. Others- the "Scroll to set run speed" mouse wheel, the absolutely terrible map interface- just feel like straight garbage. And you know, after a while, that none of them are ever going to be changed or fixed. There's nobody at the helm of this thing, nobody trying to mesh together an overall look and feel for the world. They're just slinging new stuff in, and once per year maybe refining an old system.

If you look at the game today you can see a diamond in the rough. But you have to overlook the six years of mismanagement and abortive dead ends, and the fact that to actually do anything in game you need to be in for at least three hundred bucks. I think a majority of the superfans are the kind of people who roll hard for the sunk cost fallacy. They don't demand a level of professionalism or quality that should match a multiple-hundred-dollar purchase. They are more committed to the vision of what they see coming down the road, than the reality of what they're actually looking at, and the past that they should be using as a guide to what that future looks like. They don't remember spending money, on an emotional level, even days after it was spent. All they remember is the high of throwing a huge chunk of cash at a thing and then having a shiny toy that nobody else has got, even if it doesn't work well.

That's why it is oh-so-very satisfying that the newest whale-ship, the Hammerhead, is a 700 dollar target without a crew manning the turrets. I killed two of them in my 40 dollar Gladius last night. They literally cannot turn or maneuver fast enough to get you out of their rear arc. It took a solid 30 seconds of sustained fire to kill one, but there was literally no doubt that it would happen from the moment I saw him flying out by himself.

So yeah. There's just not as much there to rage about. Or maybe events since 2016 have recalibrated my rage standards, I don't know. Mostly I'm just kind of sad that what could be a crazy sandbox FPS Eve online game will probably never evolve much beyond the current broken tech demo.

SomethingFrosty posted:

Amazing.

If you define "Beta" as "Has a sustainable gameplay loop," which is, granted, a ludicrous definition, I think the game is pretty close. Citizens don't know that Betas are supposed to be feature complete. They've been hosed up by years of early access bullshit. They think "Alpha" means "Unplayable" and "Beta" means "Now it is a game." All Star Citizen needs is a way to purchase ships in game and a better economy so you can actually earn them, and it'll have enough of a loop to sustain many hours of play. Notably, neither of the things I just mentioned are in 3.3 despite Chris's promises at the keynote.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Uh...

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Okay, most of the other I can understand. CIG's engine is a kludged together hack on top of the already kludged together CryEngine, so of course things are going to go hilariously wrong all the time.

But this, this is a loving GIANT NEON SIGN that they put the texture in upside down, all they'd have to do to fix it is open up the texture in Ifranview or something select "invert" and save. So it's not labor or complexity keeping it from being fixed. The only reason I can think of that the sign is upside down is that nobody even bothered to look at it before the truck stop went out to backers.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

If you look at the game today you can see a diamond in the rough.

That's just mica on a chunk of bassalt.

Everything in the game has become so janky and hichy that the only way to get a diamond out of it is to throw it away and then go buy a diamond.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Frog Act posted:

to give SWG its credit, they were also present in player cities and you could build them in sufficiently large ones, where they'd then organically become part of the galactic network and you could take them to all the local and galactic shuttleports. this had the effect of equalizing player settlements and NPC cities in a super real way because often player cities had better, cheaper services and were very convenient so they'd become populated pit stops and genuine social hubs, the model really did work. just like they managed to make player-run cantinas vibrant places that always had tons of players around

and that isn't even getting into how honestly elegant the implementation of jump to lightspeed was. you could fly your ships from planet to planet in real time and bypass the shuttles entirely, there were tons of ships, a fully realized supply chain for producing individualized bespoke ships and mass produced garbage, and the ship interiors were fully customizable just like player houses so any of the hundreds of thousands of 3d items that existed in the game could be positioned in them along a 3d axis that let you rotate them around and move them anywhere in the open space. so you could have decorated ships with furniture, weapons, a stuffed rancor, and a bartending robot and poo poo that could have multiple people aboard in space

SWG before the big updates accomplished almost everything CIG fantasizes about, including poo poo like variegated cooking and infinitely customizable ships/weapons/outfits/avatars. for all its problems I still think it is the best model for doing a contemporary sandbox style space game, like if they just remade it with a modern engine and smoothed out the punishing old-fashioned exp gain system but kept the job variety they would make all the money SC is supposed to make on release

Holy poo poo - they are trying to make SWG.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Viscous Soda posted:

Okay, most of the other I can understand. CIG's engine is a kludged together hack on top of the already kludged together CryEngine, so of course things are going to go hilariously wrong all the time.

But this, this is a loving GIANT NEON SIGN that they put the texture in upside down, all they'd have to do to fix it is open up the texture in Ifranview or something select "invert" and save. So it's not labor or complexity keeping it from being fixed. The only reason I can think of that the sign is upside down is that nobody even bothered to look at it before the truck stop went out to backers.

I think it's way more likely that some combination of events managed to invert your this citizen's rendering frustum.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Alright, just for fun here's an old school write up. The server was back to being a loving headache today, crashes and hangs galore, so lots more frustration.

My self-imposed mission for the day: Do any one space combat mission successfully.

First attempt- Woke up in the wank pod, ran downstairs and spawned a constellation. Took a mission to go get a black box from a wrecked caterpillar. The missions seem to randomly generate from a set of about a dozen different scenarios and there's no guarantee that you'll get the same one if anything goes wrong. There's also no guarantee that you won't get assigned the same mission as someone else and end up shooting them over the black box that you both need. I kind of like that. If it weren't for the extremely low payouts (600 uec), that would be an awesome scenario. Anyway I took off and then the game crashed. When I logged back in I was in the wank pod again. With the NEW AND IMPROVED insurance timers, I'd only have to wait FOUR minutes to recover the ship that was lost due to no error on my part. But I didn't want to wait so I spawned my Gladius, even though I knew it had no cargo area to hold the black box. Took off, game crashed again.

Second attempt- Spawned a constellation since it had been 4+ minutes since the last time. Couldn't find the black box thing again so I took a new mission- go to beacon and defend ship. I fly my ship out there, there is of course no sign of anything until I get within 3km of the beacon, then a Starfarer (friendly) spawns that fills half my loving screen. Three enemy gladiuses spawned, and then a goddamn constellation. For a 1000 credit mission. Even in my own constellation I was hard pressed to finish it, and lost about half my ship. There is no payout for killing enemies, I should note- only for finishing the mission. The enemies were extremely glitched. Every time they took damage they'd come to a complete halt, but continue firing. So you'd get on a guy's tail and shoot him only to overshoot instantly as he just lost all momentum. When they died, they were no longer targetable but they didn't disappear from my radar or HUD. If I flew to one of the enemy icons I could see that it was now fixed on a random piece of the enemy ship. Eventually I got stuck just plowing shot after shot into the constellation which would. not. die. Then I got disconnected.

shooting enemy constellation

Third attempt: My constellation was lost in space due to the disconnect, again, which meant I had to reclaim again. Note that reclaiming is currently free. If it wasn't, I literally would not be able to play the game because my meager credits would be completely drained due to losing my ship on every single crash and disconnect. I am really glad that I only do this to myself once per year, because I'm already completely loving sick of spawning in the wank pod, spawning a ship, running through the airlocks etc. It is like groundhog day except instead of emotional fulfillment and enlightenment at the end of your reincarnation journey all you get is loving rage. Anyway I tabbed out to type this while performing one of the six unskippable cutscenes that have to play out every single time you go through this dance. I take the Gladius out to another emergency beacon. This time only a single enemy Gladius spawns so maybe it's done based off the weight of your ship? Kind of sucks though, if every time you take a 1000 cred mission you are going to face something that stands a good chance of killing you, even in super heavy gunships. I start to fight him, but he rams me, as seems to be standard protocol now. I bounce off the friendly Starfarer at 600 miles per hour and explode, dead instantly.

Fourth attempt: Well that's the gladius back on insurance timer. Wake up, wank pod, spawn constellation, unskippable cutscenes, etc. I take the Constellation out. Luckily little timmy starfarer keeps falling down the well, and this emergency beacon seems pretty drat consistent. I fly back out again. Sure enough it pops 4 enemies on me, so I guess it's based on the weight of your ship. This time none of them will die, though. My missiles are useless. Did I mention that? Missiles don't work in the PU, ever, so about 3/4ths of the armament on the constellation is out of action right from the start. I die, shot to pieces by the 4 spaceships. No 1000 credits for me.

Fifth attempt: Wake up, wank pod, spawn Gladius, unskippable cutscenes. Never one to shy away from a challenge, I go after the beacon again. Same old starfarer, single gladius spawns. I engage in glorious combat and actually win this time. I think I see what the problem is with the ramming, finally. Your guns are fixed-forward and you have a range of approximately 500m, at best, because this is world war 2 in space. But you are traveling at 250m/s, and your opponent who is also trying to shoot you is traveling towards you at 250 m/s. So you likely have about .1 seconds to fire before you literally just smack each other. The solution would be to engage in some kind of noclip strafing duel, but the AI opponents insist on flying directly towards you at all times, and there is no such thing as flying in reverse in Star Citizen unlike, for example, Elite. So you can, at best, fly solidly to the left while they just rush right in, and try to dodge them at the last second before they ram you. Anyway my opponent just kind of randomly explodes, I'm not sure why. He leaves half his parts and a target marker, again. I think that must be it, sweet victory must be mine! Then three more enemies spawn. Another gladius and two more auroras. loving SERIOUSLY? You don't just have to kill your own weight in ships for 1000 credits, you have to kill multiple times over? So I spend the next 60+ seconds plowing shots into the stationary Aurora which just won't loving die, for some goddamn reason, it is like it isn't even taking damage. If you're going to do WW2 in space the guns need to actually DO something, Chris. Then my Gladius just kind of explodes. I don't know why, I had full health and shields. I guess the enemy missiles work? Good for them, they get fully functioning ships.

A dead enemy, still targetable.

Anyway that has tapped out my rage-o-meter for the time being. Five attempts, five full ships lost, probably 10+ enemies killed in total, and I could not complete a single entry level, 1000 credit mission. Absolute dogshit.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

SoftNum posted:

I think it's way more likely that some combination of events managed to invert your this citizen's rendering frustum.

Okay, I'll admit that never occurred to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Alright, just for fun here's an old school write up. The server was back to being a loving headache today, crashes and hangs galore, so lots more frustration.

My self-imposed mission for the day: Do any one space combat mission successfully.

First attempt- Woke up in the wank pod, ran downstairs and spawned a constellation. Took a mission to go get a black box from a wrecked caterpillar. The missions seem to randomly generate from a set of about a dozen different scenarios and there's no guarantee that you'll get the same one if anything goes wrong. There's also no guarantee that you won't get assigned the same mission as someone else and end up shooting them over the black box that you both need. I kind of like that. If it weren't for the extremely low payouts (600 uec), that would be an awesome scenario. Anyway I took off and then the game crashed. When I logged back in I was in the wank pod again. With the NEW AND IMPROVED insurance timers, I'd only have to wait FOUR minutes to recover the ship that was lost due to no error on my part. But I didn't want to wait so I spawned my Gladius, even though I knew it had no cargo area to hold the black box. Took off, game crashed again.

Second attempt- Spawned a constellation since it had been 4+ minutes since the last time. Couldn't find the black box thing again so I took a new mission- go to beacon and defend ship. I fly my ship out there, there is of course no sign of anything until I get within 3km of the beacon, then a Starfarer (friendly) spawns that fills half my loving screen. Three enemy gladiuses spawned, and then a goddamn constellation. For a 1000 credit mission. Even in my own constellation I was hard pressed to finish it, and lost about half my ship. There is no payout for killing enemies, I should note- only for finishing the mission. The enemies were extremely glitched. Every time they took damage they'd come to a complete halt, but continue firing. So you'd get on a guy's tail and shoot him only to overshoot instantly as he just lost all momentum. When they died, they were no longer targetable but they didn't disappear from my radar or HUD. If I flew to one of the enemy icons I could see that it was now fixed on a random piece of the enemy ship. Eventually I got stuck just plowing shot after shot into the constellation which would. not. die. Then I got disconnected.

Third attempt: My constellation was lost in space due to the disconnect, again, which meant I had to reclaim again. Note that reclaiming is currently free. If it wasn't, I literally would not be able to play the game because my meager credits would be completely drained due to losing my ship on every single crash and disconnect. I am really glad that I only do this to myself once per year, because I'm already completely loving sick of spawning in the wank pod, spawning a ship, running through the airlocks etc. It is like groundhog day except instead of emotional fulfillment and enlightenment at the end of your reincarnation journey all you get is loving rage. Anyway I tabbed out to type this while performing one of the six unskippable cutscenes that have to play out every single time you go through this dance. I take the Gladius out to another emergency beacon. This time only a single enemy Gladius spawns so maybe it's done based off the weight of your ship? Kind of sucks though, if every time you take a 1000 cred mission you are going to face something that stands a good chance of killing you, even in super heavy gunships. I start to fight him, but he rams me, as seems to be standard protocol now. I bounce off the friendly Starfarer at 600 miles per hour and explode, dead instantly.

Fourth attempt: Well that's the gladius back on insurance timer. Wake up, wank pod, spawn constellation, unskippable cutscenes, etc. I take the Constellation out. Luckily little timmy starfarer keeps falling down the well, and this emergency beacon seems pretty drat consistent. I fly back out again. Sure enough it pops 4 enemies on me, so I guess it's based on the weight of your ship. This time none of them will die, though. My missiles are useless. Did I mention that? Missiles don't work in the PU, ever, so about 3/4ths of the armament on the constellation is out of action right from the start. I die, shot to pieces by the 4 spaceships. No 1000 credits for me.

Fifth attempt: Wake up, wank pod, spawn Gladius, unskippable cutscenes. Never one to shy away from a challenge, I go after the beacon again. Same old starfarer, single gladius spawns. I engage in glorious combat and actually win this time. I think I see what the problem is with the ramming, finally. Your guns are fixed-forward and you have a range of approximately 500m, at best, because this is world war 2 in space. But you are traveling at 250m/s, and your opponent who is also trying to shoot you is traveling towards you at 250 m/s. So you likely have about .1 seconds to fire before you literally just smack each other. The solution would be to engage in some kind of noclip strafing duel, but the AI opponents insist on flying directly towards you at all times, and there is no such thing as flying in reverse in Star Citizen unlike, for example, Elite. So you can, at best, fly solidly to the left while they just rush right in, and try to dodge them at the last second before they ram you. Anyway my opponent just kind of randomly explodes, I'm not sure why. He leaves half his parts and a target marker, again. I think that must be it, sweet victory must be mine! Then three more enemies spawn. Another gladius and two more auroras. loving SERIOUSLY? You don't just have to kill your own weight in ships for 1000 credits, you have to kill multiple times over? So I spend the next 60+ seconds plowing shots into the stationary Aurora which just won't loving die, for some goddamn reason, it is like it isn't even taking damage. If you're going to do WW2 in space the guns need to actually DO something, Chris. Then my Gladius just kind of explodes. I don't know why, I had full health and shields. I guess the enemy missiles work? Good for them, they get fully functioning ships.

Anyway that has tapped out my rage-o-meter for the time being. Five attempts, five full ships lost, probably 10+ enemies killed in total, and I could not complete a single entry level, 1000 credit mission. Absolute dogshit.

Game is good. Buying in ect. ect.

I do find it fascinating that citizens never actually say any of this poo poo. They just keep spouting that the game is good they have so much to do and love it all.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like FDev beating CIG to the punch broke their brains...

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

quote:

What's most annoying about the War Bond money issue is that most people have forgotten that War Bonds initially were not a product of CIG needing money, it was a product of people complaining that CIG was making way too much money far too quickly during the first 2 or 3 years.

Those of us who have been around a long time remember that game media sites such as Polygon and the like, as well as losers who shall remain nameless were the ones who poisoned the funding well years back. Many of us asked for CIG to dismiss their BS and continue on with the marketing program they had in place at that time, but they caved to the pressure and pulled back on the rate at which they were making money. Later came the rumors that CIG were needing money, drama followed, White Knights attempted their usual damage control, and then low and behold not only did CIG start selling Military hardware under "Militia" agreements, but War Bonds dropped in, and later CIG started pimping out LTI for cash.

If CIG had dismissed the, "You're making too much money too fast!" bullshit back in the early years, we likely wouldn't have Militia agreements, War Bonds, and LTI for cash sales, nor would we need them. We also would have hit $200 Million a year ago.

Change My Mind.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

might be the worst UI i've ever seen

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
another day another slavery thread

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/could-taking-the-criminal-career-path-of-being-a-s
Could taking the criminal career path of being a slaver be the perfect safe haven for griefers?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You can fly in reverse. You have to use the "thrust reverse" key. Or at least you could years ago.

I can't imagine how lovely that experience would be in a starter ship like a Mustang.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Frog Act posted:

might be the worst UI i've ever seen

The UI is one of those things that makes me think that the teams don't talk to each other. There is a perfectly serviceable UI in the helmet. It shows your shields and your enemy. Then, there's a completely separate UI that is custom for every ship and shows on all the monitors in the cockpit. It shows your shields and your enemy.... and also a bunch of random numbers and poo poo that are un-interpretable and don't matter. And you can't turn either UI off. So they overlay each other, and now they're completely incomprehensible.

Random screenshots from today's excursions:

Discovering a spaceship graveyard. Probably not a good sign. None of these ships were crewed but I couldn't loot them either. I really, really wish there was a way to claim empty ships. I've done it before but it seems totally random.

Inside the abandoned Starfarer. A commando had a bad day and left his ghost.

This man fell down the stairs so hard he broke his spine and levitated

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can fly in reverse. You have to use the "thrust reverse" key. Or at least you could years ago.

I can't imagine how lovely that experience would be in a starter ship like a Mustang.

I literally could not find the key. They have changed all the key bindings without updating the control map in the options menu.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That's a very imaginative interpretation of things. I'd be curious to see what that guy thinks CIG did exactly to "pull back on the rate they were earning money" but honestly that comment is so unmoored from any kind of reality I'm sure the answer would be "They just did, duh"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

I literally could not find the key. They have changed all the key bindings without updating the control map in the options menu.

That loving sucks. I wonder if you can find it by modifying your config file.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

See, i see ‘i am mental’ where you say HUGE FAN. Happens when i see the Reddit posts about doubling down. I can only hope Vertisce eventually comes to post startling and sickening truths about the astroturfing outfit.

:justpost::justpost:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

I have less patience that you, and tend to ‘lol, gently caress no’ on the first crash.

Also enjoying this bonfire of your sanity. Tell us if you need an intervention.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

This is not a photoshop? :lol:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'll have to take your word on what's going on in that screenshot because the screen is so loving busy with so much unnecessary poo poo, I can't tell what's going on at any point. Good job. CiG :bravo:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Saw star citizen pop on one of my social media page. An acquaintance fanboying over it.

I do the usual "LOL star citizen" and was greeted with the equally usual "You're just not following the project and are a hater." drat, even in the rear end-end of france chris is fracking nerds.

The dude is a masterclass in scamming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'll have to take your word on what's going on in that screenshot because the screen is so loving busy with so much unnecessary poo poo, I can't tell what's going on at any point. Good job. CiG :bravo:
It seriously reminds me of my raid UI from the early days of WoW as a healer. A billion little windows. A mishmash of design, fitting since it was the cobbled together work of a dozen addons. The usable window was a tiny faction of the screen. At the least all the elements had useful information.