Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it would have received a few more points if it could at least explode off you're genitals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

I hate their stupid logo. It looks like something you'd see on a toy camera from the dollar store

What's kerning precious

e: also, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it's a big shiny red circle :jerkbag:

MILITARY GRADE clown nose

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm SHOT ON RE0

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

red's tacky rear end industrial design made so much more sense to me when I learned the founder used to be ceo of oakley

Sagebrush posted:

I hate their stupid logo. It looks like something you'd see on a toy camera from the dollar store

What's kerning precious

e: also, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it's a big shiny red circle :jerkbag:

qirex posted:

limited edition pickup truck rear end logo

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:stare:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/9to5Google/status/1056963805786312705

cupertino, start your photocopiers

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
honest to god if apple introduced a second software notch every flagship phone would have one by the end of the year

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

microsoft improves its product by reducing the number of notches

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao why are they even rendering the notch and the curve of the bezel

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

MILITARY GRADE clown nose

possy nosey

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i remember the notch wars

just.. black holes full of stupid ideas, everywhere. you couldn't look away

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I find it funny that most tech people turn their nose up at front end work because it's easy and not real programming but if you gently caress it up people sure notice the most

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its not easy, its a huge pain in the rear end because the tools for modern UI dev are loving awful

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

I find it funny that most tech people turn their nose up at front end work because it's easy and not real programming but if you gently caress it up people sure notice the most

it’s not easy, it’s awful in every way

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

they included a dev option to add notches for developers to simulate arbitrary notches now that everyone is copying them. this is a bug in that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

its not easy, its a huge pain in the rear end because the tools for modern UI dev are loving awful

if only they had seen the light and accepted XAML and WPF into their hearts

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

honest to god if apple introduced a second software notch every flagship phone would have one by the end of the year

the new ipad maxi will have two notches to solve the issue of doing faceid in landsacpe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
dos notches

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Es no bueno

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

microsoft improves its product by reducing the number of notches

:wal: :stat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm considering adding one to my T-Mobile bill. I have one of the OG refurb pixels sitting around and if I can get $300 credit towards the 6T, it would knock the monthly cost down to the point where it could still be fully absorbed by my company's communication stipend. Basically a toy for free
bullguy seriously has a problem

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

isnt he the guy that said the home hub is basically a chromecast with a screen but it makes a good digital photo frame so it's totally worth 150 dollars

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
just looked at the pixel 3 phones. they are incredibly ugly, like unbelievably so

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

anthonypants posted:

probably so you can design around it in an emulator

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

they included a dev option to add notches for developers to simulate arbitrary notches now that everyone is copying them. this is a bug in that.

i believe the term in stage 3 pixel

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Train posted:

isnt he the guy that said the home hub is basically a chromecast with a screen but it makes a good digital photo frame so it's totally worth 150 dollars

he bought it for $100

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the gray thread's new "BETTER THAN APPLE" measure is screen ratio: how much screen covers the front of the phone

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Endless Mike posted:

the gray thread's new "BETTER THAN APPLE" measure is screen ratio: how much screen covers the front of the phone

um don't let your eyeballs see a single pixel of that android pile of poor management devices that get ruined while you sleep through an update that was expecting some 320x240 less than free fone???

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

are they including the notch area as non-screen?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i think so but idk

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

are they including the notch area as non-screen?

and are they including auxiliary notches that may appear on the sides?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/UniverseIce/status/1057555736203415552

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

as i never use the front camera anyway i'd be very happy to give it up rather than have the screen notched, manufacturers need to work a lot harder on differentiating in straightforward non-gimmicky ways

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

as i never use the front camera anyway i'd be very happy to give it up rather than have the screen notched, manufacturers need to work a lot harder on differentiating in straightforward non-gimmicky ways
sorry you have no loved ones to video chat with

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

are you a tech journalist? constantly demanding change for change's sake so you have something to review could be a good career for you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

so they're clamoring for sarnsung to bring back the one that curves around the edge of the phone?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

so they're clamoring for sarnsung to bring back the one that curves around the edge of the phone?
after the s-whatever EDGE, they just made all their phones do that

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

sorry you have no loved ones to video chat with

showing them the thing the front camera in my phone shows me is a surefire way to never speak to any of them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

are you a tech journalist? constantly demanding change for change's sake so you have something to review could be a good career for you

how is this change for changes sake, i was pretty specific why i wanted it? there are thousands of models of phones about, no one cares about your new ai chip, so playing with the formfactor/hardware tradeoff seems a pretty good way to go

not least since apple is never going to vary their stuff very far (unless they intend to expand the range a fair bit more), so you're very safe if you find a niche