Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
could have saved time writing "WOMAN" and just point to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bilirubin posted:

New goon project: Olde Black Panther Party server takeover in Red Dead Online

Not a bad idea

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Alan Smithee posted:

could have saved time writing "WOMAN" and just point to that

not racist enough though

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Anyone who writes for WND can probably be counted as deeply disturbed. It's basically the Weekly World News version of reality except the fun stuff like Bat Boy is replaced by white genocide.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I haven't heard a whiff of WND since Breitbart and Daily Caller glitzed up the place with the same stuff but expressed with like one straining hinge

of course it's still there but wow, remember when it seemed like they were a much bigger chunk of online?

also I know Drudge Report still exists but it used to be like the main breaking news thing online until Twitter made the notion of F5ing a page every hour to see if something happened obsolete

lately I've been nostalgic for mid-00s internet but otoh it really was a lovely neoghborhood, wasn't it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1085866069854695424

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Prefer a banning because it would keep him from communicating, but for grifters like him this has to be a fate worse than death.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

imagine hating women so much that you shame a woman for marrying a man "the wrong way"

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
Youtube agrees that Tommy Robinson's content is hateful and shouldn't represent the site, but they still want to keep it on their servers. They're fine hosting hateful content they just don't want to be judged over it. Google has no spine.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Equeen posted:

imagine hating women so much that you shame a woman for marrying a man "the wrong way"

and don't perceive any cognitive dissonance between holding that a child should have two (opposite sex) parents and shaming someone for marrying a single parent

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Silly Hyena posted:

Youtube agrees that Tommy Robinson's content is hateful and shouldn't represent the site, but they still want to keep it on their servers. They're fine hosting hateful content they just don't want to be judged over it. Google has no spine.

"We will not allow racists to profit off hateful content. Only we will profit off hateful content."

Serf
May 5, 2011

how much money would a guy like him make off youtube nowadays anyways? feels like a pretty toothless measure if he was getting 7 dollars a month

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

demonetization usually hurts enough to make a youtuber change their schtick- but that works for people who aren't ideologically committed to their content, I don't see Yaxley-Lennon rebranding to an anodyne cooking show or w/e

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
to be fair that's everyone's content, there's not necessarily a rhyme or reason

you made an original song? It belongs to Sony Music now!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azathoth posted:

"I play a KKK member for authenticity" is the online game version of "I buy Playboy for the articles"

There were some good articles, though. (I never bought an issue but I read some in the faculty library.)

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

420 Gank Mid posted:

https://twitter.com/MDConTwitch/status/1085667822896861189

"actually is is not at all google's fault they built a search algorithm that promotes nazi murder cults"

promotes or exposes the fact that they are popping right now and need to be fought and destroyed?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

promotes or exposes the fact that they are popping right now and need to be fought and destroyed?

what changed that you no longer see them as allies

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
all i'm sayin' is if you ask jeeves how to save the world he won't tell you to secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Roku let InfoWars run on its streaming service for two days before the backlash and people unsubing grew large enough for them to ban it from their service.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol

And for a followup lol

https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/status/1085905904791257089

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Serf posted:

how much money would a guy like him make off youtube nowadays anyways? feels like a pretty toothless measure if he was getting 7 dollars a month

theres probably billionaires throwing money away at ad spots on his videos like there is with everything else

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

self-published

Serf
May 5, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

theres probably billionaires throwing money away at ad spots on his videos like there is with everything else

right but yt keeps most of that right? like a single click is worth a fraction of a penny i thought

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Ague Proof posted:

self-published

It's just a complete copy of Tori Amos's 2005 autobiography Piece by Piece.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Norton the First posted:

I don't think you understand Google's scale, at all. A Google representative recently had to explain this in Congress to Steve King when he was complaining about how negative searches are linked to Republicans, it's worth a watch.

So it's impossible for them to moderate, but somehow easy enough for a bunch of people on Reddit to steer the entirety of gaming videos on youtube towards "redpill" poo poo?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
companies that make algorithmic decisions about content to show you should be required by law to explain why they're showing you something

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

uncurable mlady posted:

companies that make algorithmic decisions about content to show you should be required by law to explain why they're showing you something

a republican demanded this when talking to @jack about why his hashtags dont trend

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

i 100% unironically agree with this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ague Proof posted:

self-published

I'm also doubtful that Milo is a legitimate NYT bestselling author.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

what changed that you no longer see them as allies

that wasnt me youre thinking about

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Jerry Cotton posted:

There were some good articles, though. (I never bought an issue but I read some in the faculty library.)

Was flipping through a 70s skin mag and while there was plenty of radical stuff (and hair) and cool glimpses into the state of counterculture of the era there was also an article by some proto-altright dude who was defending incest and “asserting the sexual rights of the child”:yikes: but also segued into some just as bizarre conclusion on “but perhaps we shouldn’t rock the boat when the USSR and Third World Savages are just itching to plunder the spoils of Western Civilization”. Dude had a pseudonym so I have no idea if he’s still active today.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/youtube-red-pill-men-right-wing-hate-radicalization

quote:

Ellen and Steven have now broken up. She has blocked him across all her social media accounts, and goes back home much less than she used to. Surprisingly, though, it wasn’t Ellen who broke up with Steven. After another fight over right-wing YouTube videos he sent her, he ended the relationship, claiming that Ellen was no longer intellectually stimulating for him. In fact, she was an “idiot” who was incapable of understanding the “facts” that are right in front of her.

She was left heartbroken. “I gave my whole self to him, to try help him, to support him. I compromised so much of my convictions and beliefs to help HIM. And he rejected all of it for these YouTube people. He rejected one of the only genuine relationships he had.”

For Sarah, similar feelings remain. Though she hasn’t been in contact with Craig for several months, reminders of him are everywhere, especially when she works on the computer they once shared. “I was listening to Coldplay when I was cleaning the other day,” she laughs. “And the next video YouTube had scheduled for me was one of these right-wing talk shows in America about how abortion clinics are being secretly funded by George Soros. I see these kind of videos on my recommended pages all the time.”

It turns out she can’t seem to escape them either.

cool normal website

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

that wasnt me youre thinking about

gab exposing themselves as anti-freespeech will hurt them more than being associated to a mass murderer.

and this whole obsession with deplatforming is make these nazis more radical and more violent as they retreat to their undergroup echo chambers to prep for the racewar

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"i wasn't an ally to the nazis, i was just against anyone doing anything about them, also sandy hook was faked so obama could steal our guns"

fuckin' lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Was flipping through a 70s skin mag and while there was plenty of radical stuff (and hair) and cool glimpses into the state of counterculture of the era there was also an article by some proto-altright dude who was defending incest and “asserting the sexual rights of the child”:yikes: but also segued into some just as bizarre conclusion on “but perhaps we shouldn’t rock the boat when the USSR and Third World Savages are just itching to plunder the spoils of Western Civilization”. Dude had a pseudonym so I have no idea if he’s still active today.

depends, do you consider being the president of the united states as active?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

"i wasn't an ally to the nazis, i was just against anyone doing anything about them, also sandy hook was faked so obama could steal our guns"

fuckin' lol

lol if deplatforming actually caused any of the THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL NAZI FORRRRRRM stuff they keep desperately whining about they wouldn't be desperately whining about it so much.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fuckin' lol

if the 2016-2019 timeline has thought us anything is that the more free speech these nazis enjoy, the more they sabotage themselves and their whole movement

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

It’s absolutely incredible the convergent evolution between these guys and wahhabists (it’s completely believable actually)

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

if the 2016-2019 timeline has thought us anything is that the more free speech these nazis enjoy, the more they sabotage themselves and their whole movement

as we can see from the tremendous increase in popularity of milo, richard spencer, and alex jones post deplatforming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

fuckin' lol

'smoke sumthin bitch' is constantly making excuses for the far right in Canada threads too lol