Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking a Tinder date’s $400 after he accused me of being a whore, even though I knew it was a sarcastic offer?

Background: about a month ago met a guy on tinder and really hit it off. Met for the first and only time last night for dinner and it was instant chemistry and I really, really liked him. We went out and danced and he was so clumsy but cute and just went with everything which made him very endearing.

He invited me back to his place and while I’ve never had a ONS in my life, I just couldn’t say no because my dumb brain was seeing wedding dresses, picket fences and college savings accounts.

Sex was really good for a first time but he instantly turned into an rear end in a top hat. I mean the charming, funny guy was completely gone. I tried asking him what was wrong because I had to confess that I really liked him. He told me that he liked me to but that was before He knew i was a whore. I was like gently caress this, startled bawling and got my stuff. He then took $400 out of his wallet and asked if this will help me get over it and stop crying. I told him he was an rear end in a top hat but I didn’t know what else to do so I grabbed the money and left. He chased me all the way to the parking lot but I got in my car and left.

He sent me tons of texts saying “stupid bitch, that money was sarcastic. You can’t be that stupid.” I blocked him.

I’m devastated and honestly would rather have the guy he was prior to having sex back instead if the money. But honestly he had some weird hang up and that guy never existed and frankly I don’t ever want to see him again.

AITA For taking and keeping the money ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10dishOkiku
Jul 28, 2010

7...8...9...9...9...10!

quote:

From /ChosingBeggars, u/Jynn05

“Oh, you’re not giving me the whole $50? That’s kinda...”

It’s my brother’s birthday tomorrow and I planned on getting him a PlayStation giftcard. I’m 14, he’s turning 13. My mother didn’t really want to buy the code for me to give to him, so I used my $50 Amazon giftcard to get funds for $25 of a PlayStation giftcard. I go to him and ask him if he wants his gift right then and there. “Wow, $50 dollars? That’s a lot! Thanks!” I explain to him that I was splitting it to give him a $25 gift card.

Motherfucker has the audacity to start saying “that’s not that as good” or some poo poo even though I’m giving him his birthday gift. Bitch, you could buy a new game or cosmetics if you wanted. Now i might not even give it to you

Should I still give him the $25? Should I give him nothing? Or should I just lessen how much he gets to teach him a lesson to not be a choosing beggar
Edit: if you guys have any suggestions for really lovely ps4 games that are under $25, I may just get him another type of gift if he doesn’t seem to like my giftcard.

So close to figuring out exactly what to do there, kid. At least the brother is learning his lesson early?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

hyperhazard posted:

Yo, Ghost avatar buddy. :hfive: I was going to have a Cardinal C twirl from rats, but I couldn't get it down to the size limit. But Papa is classic.

Fuuuuuck yes, x1,000,000
Cardinal is still growing on me. Papa III shall always be my man, though. Even if the Cardinal eventually becomes Papa 4. Unless Papa Nil kills him.

I know the exact image you're talking about. You can also do that take where he tastes the blood while chilling in the diner, acting all proper and poo poo. Or, from Square Hammer, you have the omen: the cardinal bird sitting on the grave. Apparently, that was done on purpose. The depth of the character stories is impressive and I'll stop now. Bad enough I blabbed for 2 paragraphs already on a derail.

Sorry, friends.

Haifisch posted:

I [19/F] found out the guy I've been dating [20M] has a weight gain/feeder fetish.

:redflag::redflag::redflag:

RUN, bitch, get some help! :gonk:
Run quick, soon, fast, and far. There is no fixing his mind and intentions to not turn you into his bloated fetish. And, summed up, that is the only value you will have to him. poo poo, he even shared his disrespect with telling you that you will gain weight and he'll force it to happen. Run, bitch. gently caress that poo poo. Kinda pissed me off when I realized that she had to get reddit to decide what to do. Some people just legit let bad situations happen to them willingly and I have no idea why.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

One weeknight, we had a dinner date planned, and he got invited out to dinner with his friends. He went, and then said we could go out for dinner after that. He'd be full but he'd have a drink while I ate. But by the time we'd planned to go out, he was still out with his friends. And I didn't care to wait around for him, just to be the only one eating, so I made myself dinner and cancelled the date.

On one end, this bitch is a doormat for not speaking up about this douche choosing to go hang with his bros instead of spending time with her. However, she is also making him learn that she won't be around for long if he keeps his Bros>Hoes mentality in play. She has more patience than I, admittedly, and would have told him to kick rocks way before the party bullshit.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Dear Prudence,
I am an older, sexually conservative woman who got herpes from a man I was dating. He’s a pillar of the community and did not tell me he had herpes. I had a long dry spell before we started dating. My issue is that I have an unlabeled bottle of herpes medication in my desk drawer at work. My administrative assistant asked for some pain relievers, and I opened my desk drawer and shared from a labeled, over-the-counter bottle of acetaminophen. I saw her staring at the unlabeled bottle in the drawer. Later that day I went back to my office, and she and another person had actually opened the unlabeled bottle and were looking at the medicine! I was too stunned to say anything, and they left. I guess they looked at the color and numbers on the pills and looked up the medication. In the few months after that —I kid you not—several people at the office have “casually” mentioned herpes and how disgusting it is. At the company potluck, no one touched my dish. One co-worker asked about a red spot on my hand and said loudly, “Yuck, it looks like herpes!”

One odd thing about this is that I have been extraordinarily financially generous to the admin who peeked and told. I don’t understand why this is happening. I used to like my job, and I make a very high salary. If I leave the company, I fear this issue will follow me. I was not in the least bit promiscuous in my life (truly). I feel so ashamed, though.
—Pariah

That is absolutely horrifying—both that your administrative assistant would paw through your unlabeled medication and that your co-workers are now mocking you for a confidential medical condition (one that, by the way, is both extremely common and easily managed with medication, and not something you should feel ashamed about or isolated by). What they’re doing, in addition to being cruel and unprofessional, is also a violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act, which prohibits the disclosure of private medical information in the workplace. It’s unbelievably childish to treat a dish you prepared as somehow “contaminated,” doubly so when it’s common knowledge that herpes cannot be transmitted via potluck. The fact that this is your subordinate makes the issue additionally uncomfortable, but you do at least have the authority to correct her. It’s understandable that you felt too flustered and embarrassed to address the issue in the moment, but you should absolutely set up a meeting with her and make it clear that it’s wildly inappropriate for her to go through anyone else’s medication at work—labeled or otherwise—and that it is a potentially fireable offense. If your office has an HR department, you should bring them into the conversation, because (once again!) it’s not appropriate for employees to mock their colleagues for their perceived or actual medical conditions.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Like HR is gonna listen to herpes whore.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

10dishOkiku posted:

So close to figuring out exactly what to do there, kid. At least the brother is learning his lesson early?

Spoiled brat. I'd tell him he gets nothing until he's able to be appreciative. But, I can be a dick, so....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for laughing at my SO during sex?

Ah, bahahaha. Starfish app.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for taking a Tinder date’s $400 after he accused me of being a whore, even though I knew it was a sarcastic offer?

gently caress that. He handed it to you. I also get the impression that he was just DTF, probably paying her, and dip out. I have never seen the "Ok, I want to have sex with you now. *After Sex* omg I don't want to be with a whore who sleeps on the first date with me, even though I was initiating everything and am also a whore. Here's 2k monies for feeling better okay?" guilt trip thrown into a story unless it's a part of the plan.

Skeptical about $400 though. Seems more likely he did the "sex plz" then "eww you slept with me, you whore gtfo" slam which pissed her off and she nicked a few hundred bones out of his wallet before leaving. I certainly would if that were the case. Hypocritical dipshit.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

It feels like if the OP were a horrible person, there’d be some way to spin this for social revenge.

Which would be stupid. Get every last one of them you can - or the original two, at the very least - fired through the proper channels and then go get a better job of you still don’t want to be there. Or lock in a better job first and bring down hell before that’s common knowledge.

burial fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 19, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
who has $400 cash on them, just walking around, unless paying for sex was his plan all along :thunk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

who has $400 cash on them, just walking around, unless paying for sex was his plan all along :thunk:

Yeah no poo poo. I barely have a $20 these days.

I carry singles for tip jars at my local eating places though lol.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Take the $400.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

quote:

(continues in/out)

Finally! Someone comes out and explains sex to me. Brb

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Yeah that's what I noted too. He planned on getting his dick wet that night, either with her or a hooker. I'm still on the fence about him handing it over, though. I'm going with he finished his whambamthankyouma'am and turned the tables with how she is suddenly awful and not his type for sleeping with him, which really frosted her rear end. Pissed, she loving takes all cash in his wallet while he's in the toilet or whatever. Probably why he chased her, I guess.

Or maybe he did pay but now he's up poo poo creek and can't say anything to the cops because he paid for the nookie... all for the nookie... and she just took his cookie ... whee, reddit.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I don't really care cause I appreciate the comedy. Now her feeling are kinda hurt :/....

This all sucks for everybody, her feelings are legitimately hurt, and they'll certainly break up.

That said, sometimes the universe has perfect comedic timing and this was really funny. If I'd thought of the gag first, I'd put it in the act.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for laughing at my SO during sex?

I mean that is very funny

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Rats Tossbag posted:

I mean you turn that into a tight five (heh) bit for an open mic night and slay

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rats Tossbag posted:

I have to agree with that.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Bartleby, the Screwener.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

dudeness posted:

Bartleby, the Screwener.

I would prefer not to (lick your rear end in a top hat)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is it normal to only get “in the mood” if someone else touches you first? BPD/asexual(?) relationship

The girl (26F) I’ve been seeing for a few weeks was asking me to touch her and stuff. I’m 24F. She described it as a desire/urge. I said that I didn’t know what that felt like. Then she pointed out that a few weeks ago I said something about wanting to kiss her. I kind of did, because I hadn’t kissed anyone before and the moment was right. I described the urge as a sort of “zone” I was in, and I was in the zone after she had been touching me. So she asked if someone else had to touch me for me to enter the “zone” I was describing and I said maybe.

For context, this is my first ever relationship. I’m F24. I’m probably asexual. She has borderline personality disorder and we’ve discussed this kinda stuff a lot. She wants me to want to touch her. I guess I’d have to be “in the mood,” and Idk how to get in the mood, I told her. She got kinda frustrated, probably because of her BPD.

For more context, when she brought this up tonight, we were cuddling on my bed. I’m fine with cuddling and I don’t feel the urge to touch her. I was just kind of moving my hand around her and she was like “don’t you want to touch me? It’s just something that you do!”

She’s also a very sexual person. I’m not. I don’t feel urges like she seems to.

TLDR: am I normal for not desiring to touch someone I’m in a relationship with?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How to help my (22F) new roommate (25M) understand why leaving his pubic hair in and on the toilet is a problem?

I'm not talking about a stray hair here and there. I work overnights and last night I had to piss really bad when I got home. I practically ran to the bathroom and luckily before I sat down I looked at the toilet because not only was there maybe two cups worth of pubic hair sitting in the toilet bowl, it was all over the seat.

I wound up having to completely clean the toilet before I could piss.

Now this would be excusable if it wasn't happening often but almost every day I go in to use the bathroom and there is either poo poo still in the toilet unflushed, pubes in the toilet, or a combination of pubes and poo poo ON the toilet. Which means I have to clean it every time I use it which means I have to spend more money on cleaning supplies.

I sent him a picture of his pube mountain this morning and basically was like Dude, gross and he didn't take me seriously at all. I wasn't being mean, I just said like hey I'm actually really grossed out by this and his response was "How is it gross? It's in the toilet and I forgot to flush it. You want me to just not shave to make it more convenient for you?"

He then went on to argue with me about it and is now ignoring me. How tf do I get him to understand how gross that is?

TLDR; New roommate leaves pubes and poo poo in and on the toilet every day. I've tried confronting him.about it and he got mad. How do I get him to see how gross this is?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How do I (35/F) get my coworker (64/F) to stop telling me personal stuff about peoples' vaginas?

Sorry for the clickbait title, but it is accurate. No, I am not talking about people who are pregnant.

I live in a small-rear end town where everyone knows, and is sometimes related to, everyone else. My coworker just LOVES to gossip about people. It's seriously her favorite passtime. The worse the news, the more excited she is to share it, and she has no filter at all. I swear she was half excited when her own mother died, because then, SHE was closest to the gossip, and got to gossip about the grisly details of her mom's death. She even loudly tells everyone about her recent gall bladder stones, in detail, during our open business hours. I finally got her to stop telling me about how iceberg lettuce "runs right through her," and how she spends the next hour making GBS threads her brains out if she eats it--which she brings up WHENEVER anyone mentions eating. Now, she still says she can't eat it ALL the time, but she'll defer to "because, you know..." instead of the graphic descriptors used previously.

All of that is annoying, but I can ignore it for the most part. However, perhaps because I am also female, she REALLY likes to share super personal information about other people's vaginas, and it makes me super uncomfortable. Sometimes I know the people, and it gives me an uncomfortable image in my head, plus it's none of my business (or hers, for that matter). Sometimes, I don't know them at all, which is almost worse, because she is now telling STRANGERS about someone's vaginal issues/health. What's worse is that she repeats them over and over again, even when I tell her to stop WHILE she's retelling the story. I shake my head and arms, interrupt her by saying "please stop, this story makes me uncomfortable, I don't wanna hear it again," etc. She will HAVE to finish the story whenever she starts it, even if I do all that, even if I've heard it many times before.

Some actual examples of stories she has told and retold to me repeatedly, and loudly:

-her eldest grandchild is a bastard, and her daughter was drugged and assaulted at local restaurant which is how her grandchild was produced. (I'm not sure if this is a small-town way of her avoiding the scandal of an unwed mother or not, bc she made her youngest daughter marry when she was knocked up at 16. I know she did this because she straight up told me that she did.)

--a lady in town that I have never met had a baby born without part of it's skull, and who slowly died in her arms. She named the baby her little "bumble bee." The death led her to lose her mind, and now, all she does is collect bumblebees and is now obsessed with them. She will never be the same. (She LOVES to tell this story especially. I have heard it three times.)

--a mentally unbalanced lady in town that I DO know was sterilized by her own mother when she was a teenager to prevent her from reproducing. Said lady is now happily married but can never have kids.

Like I said, when the conversation turns in a direction where I can tell she is about to overshare, I shake my head and arms and say "NO, please, I don't wanna know, please stop," but she just waits for me to finish doing that, and delivers the punchline, which is whatever horrible, heartbreaking, PRIVATE thing about that person she so eagerly wants to share. I feel like I'm a plastic bag in the wind trying to stop a freight train. I can't get mad with her to her face, because she has this ridiculous tendency to blow up and storm out of the room when confronted directly with stuff. But she isn't respecting my wishes.

She is also known to lie (sometimes outrageously), and about 80-90% of what she says is inaccurate hearsay or hyperbole.

How do I get her to stop sharing her gross bodily functions and personal traumas, and those of others, with me?

TL;DR: Coworker overshares personal stuff about herself and her friends and acquaintances that make me extremely uncomfortable, and she wants to gossip about it so badly that she ignores me when I blatantly tell her to stop in the moment. What do?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
MURDER

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Background: about a month ago met a guy on tinder and really hit it off. Met for the first and only time last night for dinner and it was instant chemistry and I really, really liked him. We went out and danced and he was so clumsy but cute and just went with everything which made him very endearing.

He invited me back to his place and while I’ve never had a ONS in my life, I just couldn’t say no because my dumb brain was seeing wedding dresses, picket fences and college savings accounts.

Sex was really good for a first time but he instantly turned into an rear end in a top hat. I mean the charming, funny guy was completely gone. I tried asking him what was wrong because I had to confess that I really liked him. He told me that he liked me to but that was before He knew i was a whore. I was like gently caress this, startled bawling and got my stuff. He then took $400 out of his wallet and asked if this will help me get over it and stop crying. I told him he was an rear end in a top hat but I didn’t know what else to do so I grabbed the money and left. He chased me all the way to the parking lot but I got in my car and left.

He sent me tons of texts saying “stupid bitch, that money was sarcastic. You can’t be that stupid.” I blocked him.

I’m devastated and honestly would rather have the guy he was prior to having sex back instead if the money. But honestly he had some weird hang up and that guy never existed and frankly I don’t ever want to see him again.

AITA For taking and keeping the money ?

call it an rear end in a top hat tax and move on

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

--a lady in town that I have never met had a baby born without part of it's skull, and who slowly died in her arms. She named the baby her little "bumble bee." The death led her to lose her mind, and now, all she does is collect bumblebees and is now obsessed with them. She will never be the same. (She LOVES to tell this story especially. I have heard it three times.)

:(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, that story is 100% made up and I dont feel bad saying that because this woman is a misery slinger.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Taima posted:

I've read every single page of this thread and have loved it for months, but I'm starting to have an almost visceral reaction to everyone who is like "X or Y is ruining my life, WHAT DO I DO THIS IS CONFUSING HELP?!?!"

You loving break up.

So many of these should be, "Reddit, how do I hide the body, give myself an unbreakable alibi, or both?"

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Unhealthy ejacuating (self.sex)

submitted an hour ago by waterburgers_

quote:

I read that when a man ejacuates, a part of their life goes out of them.

This is one thing that can explain the average age difference (women on average

live 5 to 10 years longer than men) because women don't ejacuate.

I read that it is recommended to avoid ejacuation. When you are young, it

isn't a big deal if you ejacuate once a week, but for when your older you

should avoid it as much as you can. If I eat the semen afterwards, it technically goes

back into the body. And I wonder if that changes anything.

I want to be healty and live long as a male.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I didnt know the Etoro people had internet access

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

One simple trick to being Immortal - become a Cumpire!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Does it work if you eat other people's semen as well?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Didn't know CS was on a quest for immortality

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

One simple trick to being Immortal - become a Cumpire!

Vampirism, blood sucking from lip, how do I allow my gf to bite and cut my lip with the least amount of pain? (self.sex)

submitted 17 hours ago by flaming_dragonn

quote:

Hey everyone I've been dating this girl and she's into vampirism (act of sucking blood from a cut). I didn't know I had this kink but I actually really like it. She likes to suck blood out of my lip when it's cut, and it's just really sexy having her do that, but it often hurts to get the blood flow going at first. She usually tries to bite the center of the lip but I tell her that's it's too thick and it'll hurt too much to get blood and we should try to go on the inside of the lip by the corner of the mouth for easiest access.

I can't find much information about this as you can imagine, but does anyone know of a good method for my gf to bite my lip and cause it to bleed with the least amount of pain? We would only do this like once a week but it's hot when we do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

Vampirism, blood sucking from lip, how do I allow my gf to bite and cut my lip with the least amount of pain? (self.sex)

submitted 17 hours ago by flaming_dragonn

Get her to dress up as a giant sexy mosquito

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A similar belief is part of some TCM theories iirc

E: I mean the semen thing

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 19, 2019

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bodybuilder needs some help relating (self.sex)

submitted 1 day ago * by PureSpeculator

quote:

Hey guys,

I run a decent size bodybuilding profile on a popular social media platform. I try to be fair, honest, and supporting to everyone I meet on there, because I really enjoy helping them to progress in their own lives

Here's the issue, I consider myself heterosexual, but I'm not looking for anyone; I'm just focusing on improving myself. But if someone is going to hit on me, I would like it to be of the opposite sex (for purely selfish reasons). However I am consistently, and increasingly being approached with unwanted sexual offers by gay people who follow me, and a few who know me in real life. And I don't really notice many of the opposite sex paying attention.

I really enjoy helping people, especially those who have been put down by mainstream society, so naturally I want to support gay people and help them through their challenges, and I want to grow my bodybuilding profile to help inspire more people in the process. But I don't know how to deal with them so that they know I'm not interested but want to be friendly and supportive.

I suppose the biggest issue is I'm not sure why I'm appealing so strongly to the same sex, while not much at all to the other, I'm trying to find a more balanced approach... Help?

It would be awesome if some gay/lesbian people could chime in too

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If this is true, this rear end in a top hat deserves every last bit of his money loss for being a deceptive sack of poo poo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My [23F] vegan sister[30F] is driving me insane. (LONG)

quote:

u/forfuckssakeannie

Apologies, this is so long and the dumbest thing ever.

Backstory: At 12 years old I had to take antibiotics for an infection and they decimated my health. Overnight I went from a bubbly bright kid to dealing with non-stop panic attacks, phobias, Pure OCD, anxiety, gut pain, nausea, difficulty breathing, fatigue etc etc. To the GPs, nothing on the blood tests and no abnormal bowels movements (ie proof to validate the gut pain/nausea) meant I was a hypochondriac. Although my parents were initially concerned with my sudden personality change, they didn’t really fight the GPs and sought no alternative treatment. This crushed younger me and over time I withdrew completely and soldiered on in silence and isolation. There was not a single day without symptoms, not once in the 10 years I suffered.

By 22 I’d had enough of my non-life and began planning my suicide. At the time I’d been vegan for 3 years, for ethics and as one of many attempts to solve my “mystery” illness. Veganism made me feel even worse but I was in deep vegan denial and persisted. I was living with my older sister Annie at the time, who decided to become vegan soon after me (no prompting from me).

Before I went through my plan for suicide, fate landed me in the office of a functional medicine doctor who knew what he was doing. Due to the severity of my symptoms he ordered A LOT of non-mainstream tests and they lit up like the loving milky way (severe gut imbalances, severe intolerances to dairy and 70% of plant foods, severe micronutrient deficiencies, severely elevated inflammation markers and much more). I was so relieved I bawled my eyes out. Vindication, finally! Hypochondriac no more! An intensive protocol was devised for me and a permanent change to a high purine diet was strongly recommended to support my individual biochemical needs. High purine = meaty mcmeat. I was disappointed, but decided my suffering was not worth an ideology.

I was a bit nervous telling Annie this as by this point she’d gone Full Rabid Vegan (I was a chill vegan) but she took it way better than expected and said she would support me in whatever I had to do to get better. Within a month of 100% strict compliance of the protocol and diet change, all of my physical symptoms disappeared except the fatigue, and all of my mental symptoms decreased by about 80%. My doctor was as shocked as me at the dramatic improvement! I would often randomly start crying in relief that I am no longer a prisoner in my own body (still do in fact).

So, Annie is for the most part a shy, sensitive, overly polite and meek person but can be very passive aggressive, judgemental, petty and immature at times. At first she was absolutely stoked for me. Then after about 3 months on my protocol, the judgemental looks began. If I was cooking meat she would wrinkle her nose. Then she began making small tutting noises of disapproval. Then it turned into under-breath passive aggressive comments. At this point I politely but firmly confronted her. Is there anything she would like to say to me? She looked shocked. Oh well, she just, I mean, It’s just that the meat smell is kind of strong….

Okay I will start food prepping and do the bulk of my cooking when Annie is not home so all she will have to endure is 10 minutes of stinky reheating time. She stops, but then after a few weeks it all starts again, but more rapidly. I call her out again. She stops, this time only for a week before it starts up. I call her out again…do you see a pattern forming?

Eventually it got to the point where I would be calling her out every day and while she would shut down in the moment, it would start up later (she’s super conflict avoidant – and yet she keeps poo poo stirring?). Great, we’d just moved into a new apartment before I started this protocol now I’m stuck with this bullshit because I can’t afford to move out on my own yet. Then the preaching began. Sending me articles saying I was destroying my body by eating meat. Links to moronic vegan youtubers. She starts leaving vegan books on my bedside table. I tell her to cut it out. She gets upset and cries every time I call her out now, proclaiming that she just cares about me and is afraid I’m ruining my health with my consumption of carcasses. I explain to her for the hundredth time what my protocol is about and that I CAN’T loving EAT MOST PLANT FOODS AS THEY WILL SHRED MY GUT. I explain that the way she is crossing my boundaries is not okay and its not caring about me, it’s being an evangelistic psychopath and this will be the absolute final time we will be discussing the matter.

She got really upset after that fight and gave me the silent treatment for literally a week. And then one morning I woke up to an empty fridge. She had thrown out all of my food. As in (she confessed later) she put all of my food in a bag, walked to the apartment complex down the street and put it in their bin SO I WOULDN’T TRY TO SALVAGE IT. I lost my poo poo. We had an epic fight that I won’t get into as 80% of it was same old poo poo, but at the climax of the fight how she REALLY felt came out.

She said I was selfish to have given up veganism for the protocol, and that If I just persisted and experimented with macros and tried harder at it she was confidant I could have resolved all of my health issues. She said she was sick of living with a murderer and how she cried herself to sleep most nights thinking of the animals I consumed. That she was becoming depressed because she had to smell meat “all day every day” in her own home. Then she confessed the bin thing.

I was so hurt. She had personally witnessed how much effort I put into finding a solution for my health over the past decade. Every spare minute of my free time went to it. The amount of things I have tried would stun you and the amount of money I’ve spent on supplements, medications, appointments is well into the tens of thousands. To say that I would have been cured if I’d “tried harder at veganism”?

I ripped her a new one and I can’t remember most of what I said because I left my body from the rage. I ended up moving out the next day to my boyfriend’s family's house (angels) while she was at work and txted her she could find a new roommate. My name is not on the lease or any of the bills. I don’t care about my bond or any of my furniture, I just can’t stand the sight of her anymore. She blew up my phone saying how I could do this to her, to my family, how I hurt her, how she’s just looking out my health etc. I told her she needed to take responsibility of her part in this conflict and until she did I wouldn’t be responding. Not long after my mother blew up the phone with more or less of the same and demanded that I move back in immediately. AND Annie still kept sending me vegan crap through txt and messenger! I blocked her on everything.

It’s been about a week since this happened. Now that my temper has cooled I need advice.

Did I overreact or am I justified in leaving? I had literally just done my shopping when she threw my stuff out, that was about $200 worth of meat to last several weeks and I’m not rolling in money.My name is not on the lease or any bills (I always paid my half though). Will I get in trouble in any way for suddenly leaving?Should I consider cutting contact? On one hand I feel guilty and I know my mum will never harassing me to make up with her (Annie takes after her) so I’m wondering what’s even the point? On the other hand, what she did was not okay. I was polite about it for long enough. But on the hand, veganism? Is that what we’re fighting about? Its just so drat stupid I can’t comprehend.I’m starting to seriously question her intelligence/sanity. She was not like this at all before the vegan stuff. Should I be worried? If yes…what do I do? I don’t really want to talk to her again but I’m not a total oval office, I still care about her.

If you read this far, thanks for sticking around.

TL:DR; I go vegan, older sister goes vegan. I go on a protocol to fix my health that involves eating meat again, sister seems supportive at first then rapidly descends into insanity

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

RE: the terrible picky eater that assaulted his gf, I thought we weren't posting accounts of actual sexual abuse in the thread?

Straight White Shark posted:

My [23F] vegan sister[30F] is driving me insane. (LONG)

I have dietary needs extremely similar to this and sanctimonious vegans piss me the gently caress off. I source my meat responsibly (aka it's loving expensive) and I'm tired of them telling me that I'm terrible for eating locally-produced meat from small farms while they suck Taco Bell's dick bc they have a vegan menu.
Guess who is the biggest buyer of factory-farmed meat raised in what used to be the Amazon rainforest??? It's fast food restaurants.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

My (26 F) SIL has accessed My bank account and Has caused me moral and ethical dilemmas

quote:

I have been banking with my current bank since I was 16, which my sister in law happens to work at (in the claims dept as a debt collector). I found out yesterday that she has looked at my bank account without reason, other than being nosy. My husband works for his father and his mother is an accountant, and they were discussing taxes and returns, as we have both had a child and gotten married this past year - his brother was at his parents at the time, and made the comment that we shouldn’t struggle at all because I make a lot of money, more than him and his wife combined... then told my husband not to tell me, but that my SIL has looked at my bank account and was she was upset that I made as much as I do. I have had multiple issues with my sister in law in the past- she put her daughter in my mother’s classroom and has told my mom crazy lies about my husband (like that he stole his moms money and her car 🙄) and is constantly fishing for information about me (especially now that I have a newborn). My husband and I had a destination wedding, which she made all about her and left me babysitting her child during my wedding/vacation, but that’s a whole other story. I know his family is thinking I’m petty, but I’ve been using the newborn excuse to stay away from family gatherings... but I know the excuse won’t last forever, and she’s already mad that I haven’t let her “meet the baby”. I’m very tempted to report her to the bank, although if I did and she lost her job, it would be a family stink that may, in the long term, damage my marriage. Switching banks is also highly inconvenient. I’m very torn about what to do, and don’t even know that confronting her is an option, she is crazy and likely to turn herself into the victim.

TLDR; my SIL looked at my finances and bank account without permission.

I would report her it you do know you can put your money in another bank right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I (34F) have been used by a PTA (30s/40s F) I thought were friends, and don't know what to do

quote:

I don't know how relevant this is but I should mention that I am on the autistic spectrum, diagnosed as an adult when attending therapy for a myriad of anxiety problems, mostly social-related. I don't tell people as I don't feel I need to be treated any different. I have some friends (but not a lot), have always been relatively successful in my education and work, a husband and two kids even before I was diagnosed. But I think it does affect things in ways I don't see, and also makes me second guess my responses to things.

​My oldest son started school and there was a summer fair that year where they sent out letters begging parents to contribute food that could be sold by the PTA. I am quite good at baking (as a hobby) and love decorating things. I made cupcakes and cake pops which were incredibly popular, and that is the reason I was invited on to the PTA myself, as they needed a food co-ordinator for about 4-5 events/year that they run. I felt included, accepted by the other parents (mostly mothers) and was invited into their what's app group chat. Although I don't do anything 1 on 1 with them, I have been to some social events and been invited to their parties as well so on the whole I felt fairly accepted and like I was fitting in and had found a group of people to connect with, even if they we were connected mostly through our children.

​This Christmas they asked me to go all out for the Christmas event. Steadily people dropped out of their obligations regarding food, and I was left the ONLY one doing the food. I made enough food for 200 people and it was a ridiculous amount of work. I poured my heart and soul into that food. And of course I don't get paid, but it was certainly over 40 hours work, on top of the fact that I work full time and have two children. I was staying up every night until 2am in the morning the week before just baking and preparing. I was annoyed that people had dropped out of helping, but they all had plausible excuses and I understand when you've got kids there's sickness and sometimes poo poo just happens. It was a big success but it really pushed me to the limits and being the sole person responsible for all the food was so much pressure and anxiety that by the end I was in floods of tears sitting there decorating cupcakes whilst my husband begged me to take a break. I felt it was worth it in the end because I'd proven myself capable and I hadn't let anyone down.

​A few days ago I heard a core group of the mother's talking. I was sitting at a different table to usual at the coffee shop and they couldn't see me. I was a bit burned out and decided not to go say hi as I just wanted to kill an hour in peace and read a book before I had to pick up my son. They were talking about how much money the PTA made from the Christmas event and what to do with the 2019 budget. This turned into gossip and they were being quite mean about some of the other mothers. Then it turned to me. They said some very unkind things. They commented on my weight and how the fat ones are always the best at baking and made jokes about how much of the food I must have eaten before delivering it. One of them said well at least it's worth keeping her around to make money, even if we do have to pretend to like her. One of them laughed at me for believing her excuse that her child was too sick for her to help and said it would save them a lot of work in the future since I could handle everything myself now.

​To say I was crushed was an understatement. I stayed there until they left so they don't know that I heard them. I thought I had made a group of friends and they seem to dislike me and were just using me. I really valued being on the PTA and I was so happy to be invited and included and to feel like my contributions were helping. My husband says I need to just quit, but I have already agreed to the Easter event and I feel like I would be letting the school down, not just these other women. I also don't want to get my son uninvited from parties or have bad feelings thrown his way or burn any bridges. I have massive amounts of anxiety about the next meeting and I'm not sleeping because I feel so low.

​TL:DR Was invited onto PTA by other mothers because of baking skills. Thought I was a friend and included in the group, was very happy. Ended up soloing an event which was a massive amount of work, and found out afterwards I was lied to about the reasons they couldn't help, that I am not liked or respected and that they are using me only because I will do the catering. Now I need to be political about it and find a way of being less involved or stepping down, without burning my bridges or affecting my son. I am not good at drama, am on the autistic spectrum so am not good with social situations or confrontation anyway, and don't know how to handle this.

:murder:

My favorite comment:

quote:

If you do the next event, you're a better person than I am. This is what I would do: Drop everything. When they ask, tell them that someone informed you of their conversation that day and you think it's best you not subject them to have to do any more "pretending." I hate lying, but this is one instance I would because then they are going to wonder who in the group is untrustworthy. Let their miserable phony group implode.