Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

Is tonight just a regular maintenance, or is something special happening?

prepatch stuff according to the popup this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Verranicus posted:

So how should I go from 60-61? Can't do HoH til 61 and POTD gives less exp for a 60 than a 59.

Roulettes, FATEs (the Exp+ ones notably), and any SB sidequests you haven't done, they give like 100k~ exp.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
O12S: Is the boss guaranteed to jump to the north half of the arena for Archive All? Or did we get lucky and he can be a dick and jump to the south half?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Verranicus posted:

So how should I go from 60-61? Can't do HoH til 61 and POTD gives less exp for a 60 than a 59.

Queue for MSQ and hope for Praetorium so you can sleep for an hour and get half a level

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

BrightWing posted:

O12S: Is the boss guaranteed to jump to the north half of the arena for Archive All? Or did we get lucky and he can be a dick and jump to the south half?

I'm pretty sure he picks which direction along the line he's going to charge at random, but I might just be misremembering. I always just watch him and haul rear end in the direction his rear end is pointing once he properly orients for the charge.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
A tale in 3 images.

In other news, I didn't give this look enough love when it first hit:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Verranicus posted:

Great Gubal Library (Normal) is the best EXP dungeon-wise at that level, if you don't have access to leveling roulette's bonus. Also make sure to abuse the daily Ishgard hunts, particularly the level 3 stack of hunts since they give the most EXP.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Verranicus posted:

Don't you need to be 63 minimum to do HoH since I'm pretty sure the quest that unlocks it doesn't pop up until you finish the Ruby Sea stretch of the MSQ?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
so i'm playing this game now that wow sucks and as someone who spent way too much time doing transmog in wow this game is probably going to end me. also i feel like so far the people i interact with underrate highlander ladies like who else could pull off such style?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Eureka and Baldesion's Arsenal gives me the opportunity to play DRG without having to gear for it.

Job's fun.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Don't you need to be 63 minimum to do HoH since I'm pretty sure the quest that unlocks it doesn't pop up until you finish the Ruby Sea stretch of the MSQ?

Thats just to unlock it, alternate jobs can enter it at level 61

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm so glad I finally did some beast tribe quests and have access to the Charmed emote, because now I can properly react to pretty much every drat highlady, elefem, and roegadame I see. :swoon:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh lord, it's coming (to mogstation now.)

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

ImpAtom posted:

Oh lord, it's coming (to mogstation now.)

Already purchased. I could not resist the Fatter Cat. Feel free to call me an idiot who wasted his money on pixels.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Devdisigdu posted:

Already purchased. I could not resist the Fatter Cat. Feel free to call me an idiot who wasted his money on pixels.

What's the music that plays when you ride it?

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

What's the music that plays when you ride it?

Can't confirm until the servers are back up, but I think it's supposed to be a chiptune version of Pa-Paya going by the Chinese trailer for it a while back.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av43675121

edit: it is not Pa-paya. It's Merry Wanderer Waltz from PoTD. Same as the carbuncle and whale, I think.

Devdisigdu fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 26, 2019

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Devdisigdu posted:

:same:

I'm the first person to bitch about how much poo poo goes straight to mog station these days but I'm too weak to not buy Fat Cat. I guess I'm going to play devil's advocate and snag this poo poo up immediately for once. God save my soul, I've become what I hate. :smithicide:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh man, Fat Cat can freakin' fly.

Truly it is the one mount in the game on par with Fat Chocobo.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Adus posted:

so i'm playing this game now that wow sucks and as someone who spent way too much time doing transmog in wow this game is probably going to end me. also i feel like so far the people i interact with underrate highlander ladies like who else could pull off such style?

Highlander ladies are great and having amazing emotes, but roe ladies also got style.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Highlady also gets that steppy cross legged look when on some mounts, it's awesome.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk5frp6-3Q

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

I feel cheated...

From another angle:

And for the extreme, Lala cat vs. Roe cat:

FortMan fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 26, 2019

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Tiny lala cat, adorable :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fat cat best cat

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Mother FUCKER

I still have the motorcycle and big rear end whale mount sitting in my mailbox unused, now I have to throw more $$$ at another mount???

Well played YoshiP well played

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Devdisigdu posted:

it is not Pa-paya. It's Merry Wanderer Waltz from PoTD. Same as the carbuncle and whale, I think.

Yoshidaaaaaaa :argh:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

jalapeno_dude posted:

Okay, but: Regen. That's like a giant blinking sign saying "slap this on the tank and go DPS", I don't know how people could miss that.
So I was tanking Sohm Al for the first time and like I'm in on-level HQ gear on Paladin, but the first pull I'm feeling I'm dying oddly fast even though I've popped cooldowns and am in Shield Oath. The White Mage (who is in up to level 68 dungeon gear, so they couldn't have solely used a skip book) finally casts a spell on me at about 20% health - Regen. It's the first thing they've cast in the dungeon. Then they start casting Aero on the enemies. I try putting up everything else and using a potion, but I still fall to auto-attacks on the first pull. It's not a huge pull, just the first two packs (with a sprout Red Mage doing single target rotations). The OTHER Red Mage figured what's what and starting Vercuring me and we managed to barely scrape through the whole dungeon that way. I did eventually get a few Cures from the White Mage (just Cure, nothing higher), but otherwise they didn't do much but Aero and Regen when I was entering critical health. I tried asking what was up but didn't get any response.

I sure am glad Regen is all the healing a White Mage needs to use. :shepface:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Adus posted:

I may not take screenshots as prolifically as Brainamp, but yes. Roegadames.

"<Spoiler Boss Name>! I've chosen the Soil for the likes of you!"

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

"<Spoiler Boss Name>! I've chosen the Soil for the likes of you!"
Oh hey, someone else remembers FFU existed.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Hogama posted:

I sure am glad Regen is all the healing a White Mage needs to use. :shepface:

A regen at the beginning of a pull when the tank has aggro is usually enough, depending on the dungeon. Did this white mage know that holy also doubles as a defensive ability?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
yoshida wrote a gigantic post about hydatos

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/360414?p=4895993&posted=1#post4895993

tl;dr of google translate: they are making more content like it, they plan to buff the support fate, the portal keys are getting cheaper, portals from support fate will probably be blue instead of instant red, they're changing ovni to make portals spawn a few minutes after he dies, feedback is very different betwee NA/EU and JP forums (likely related to NA/EU clearing it 'easily' with premades and discord and the JP preference for pugging getting kind of hosed due to how BA is designed), also he mentions that the content was inspired by wizardy and d2 hardcore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What's this about Fatter Cat being cheaper to buy tomorrow? Everyone on Discord keeps saying it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I may not take screenshots as prolifically as Brainamp, but yes. Roegadames.

Femroe's good but I suspect I'm gonna fall sucker for Viera. (and then change back a month later)

I like tall ladies!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've started to use Devine Benison a lot more on pulls, too. Tank grabs first pack, Benison, keep running after them, regen when all the things are grabbed, quick cast holy and then holy spam, assize, tetra/bene as needed (or cure 2's if those are on cooldown)

If quickcast is down, do thinair+PoM for holy spam.

It's been serving me well, but goddamn do I get hosed up when I enter sub 50 dungeons.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What's this about Fatter Cat being cheaper to buy tomorrow? Everyone on Discord keeps saying it.

We are?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BrightWing posted:

He always jumps the way he is facing. So you always go behind him and then left or right depending on which way the aoe is rotating

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

BrightWing posted:

Unfortunately he can jump either north or south. We had more trouble with archive all than we did with HW2.

e:f,b

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Fatter Cat might be the first store mount I buy. Glad it came over to the west.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

I've started to use Devine Benison a lot more on pulls, too. Tank grabs first pack, Benison, keep running after them, regen when all the things are grabbed, quick cast holy and then holy spam, assize, tetra/bene as needed (or cure 2's if those are on cooldown)

If quickcast is down, do thinair+PoM for holy spam.

Yeah, the primary use of benison is to keep the tank healthy during a big pull, the secondary use is against tankbusters. I do the same in dungeons, benison during the start, then regen and tetra as needed. Swiftcast holy, thin air, presence, holy holy holy holy, etc. Healers don’t seem to get commends anymore, but sometimes if I push the holy button enough someone will give me one. It does not matter how many times you rezz people, only how many times you holy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i try to double my holy spam with DRK and none of them have complained yet which saddens me