Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CJ posted:

So now i'm 50 should i spend all my allagan tomestones of poetics on an ironwork weapon?
Yeah, Ironworks stuff will last you well into HW (and even further if you augment it to i130)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FF14 makes trash pulls mildly more engaging with environmental triggers/aoes and I prefer that because the targeting system really sucks for making precise interrupts or debuffs on mobs when theyre all overlapping each other. Even if the dungeon doesnt have any environmental stuff, I dont care because the trash pulls were always just a cheap way to pad time anyways

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
in this weird spot where I got tanks sitting at 60 but not enough poetics for shire gear so I'm in nq gear

I guess I could start hitting the alliance/50-60/msq roulettes but man that sounds tedious

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

CJ posted:

So now i'm 50 should i spend all my allagan tomestones of poetics on an ironwork weapon?

Ironworks gear will last you until level 54, level 56 if you augment it (unfortunately a kind of obscure process). After that, dungeon drops and HQ crafted gear will outpace it, and you will want something better than un-augmented Ironworks by the time you go into the level 57 dungeon. That does at least give you several levels worth of not having to worry about equipment though.

If you want to be super cheap and coast by you can probably just wear aug Ironworks right up until you hit level 60 unless you are a tank. Please don't tank the Vault in i120 stuff.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

in this weird spot where I got tanks sitting at 60 but not enough poetics for shire gear so I'm in nq gear

I guess I could start hitting the alliance/50-60/msq roulettes but man that sounds tedious

Beast tribes until 61 then buy vendor gear. Works for crafters, works for everyone

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
My BLM is 70 finally, had enough anemos crystals that I could make a +0 set, so my ilvl is like 335. I don’t have nearly enough Gil to buy a 380 set or even 350. What should my next steps be? I need to do the MSQ and I suspect it’s going to take a long time, but I’m worried I won’t have a high enough ilvl to even do the dungeons and stuff.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Thumbtacks posted:

My BLM is 70 finally, had enough anemos crystals that I could make a +0 set, so my ilvl is like 335. I don’t have nearly enough Gil to buy a 380 set or even 350. What should my next steps be? I need to do the MSQ and I suspect it’s going to take a long time, but I’m worried I won’t have a high enough ilvl to even do the dungeons and stuff.

you're fine until like 4.4 i think; the absolute minimum ilvl you have to hit is either i355 or i360

if you're brand new to the game and excal is your home, i can fart out a 380 left side for ya

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Thumbtacks posted:

Unlock dungeons (MSQ and optional ones), raids (omega and ivalice) and trials (four lords). Do them, get mendacity, buy 360 gear for slots where needed (probably a weapon, unless you do more eureka (don't do more eureka, at least not yet)). Possibly do the occasional roulette for more mendacity if you're otherwise stuck. Once you have ilvl 355 you can do alphascape for moderately contested 380 gear, once you have ilvl 360 you can do the last msq dungeon which vomits 375 gear. Definitely don't go for Anemos gear other than the weapon if you want.

I got very momentarily stuck getting to 360 ilvl when I came back in 4.5. I did the penultimate dungeon and Ridorana lighthouse one extra time each. It's not a problem, just unlock stuff.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Phone posted:

you're fine until like 4.4 i think; the absolute minimum ilvl you have to hit is either i355 or i360

if you're brand new to the game and excal is your home, i can fart out a 380 left side for ya

I am on Excalibur but not new at all sadly, if you’d consider selling it to me for a comically discounted price let me know though

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Otherwise yes I’m doing that other plan

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I wrote a script to count the demographics of an FC's members. Here are the results for our FCs:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Catgirl supremacy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Did you count Harvey like 30 times or does DGKK just have a weird lala fetish

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

homeless snail posted:

does DGKK just have a weird lala fetish

You know the answer to this, the sick bastards

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I did it. I'm free from ADR/MSQDR. I'm free from leveling....for a few months, at least.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Result I did not expect to see there: Plainsfolk potatoes down in the Roe/dhalmel zone. Why are plainsfolk potatoes so reviled?

edit: Or, rather, what makes the dunesfolk ones so reviled that our potato players just gotta make those instead?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Result I did not expect to see there: Plainsfolk potatoes down in the Roe/dhalmel zone. Why are plainsfolk potatoes so reviled?

edit: Or, rather, what makes the dunesfolk ones so reviled that our potato players just gotta make those instead?

I guess because they used to have marginally worse caster stats and no one bothered to change after Piety became healer-only.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Eurogoons are the only ones to go for Raen over Xaela, huh.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They have the same dead, lifeless eyes the people playing them have.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ugh, disgusting midlander:highlander parity

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I stand behind my choice for Wildwood, even if it seems to be the least popular across the board.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rhoga posted:

I stand behind my choice for Wildwood, even if it seems to be the least popular across the board.

i suppose goons relate better to elves who [used to] live in caves. :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that feeling when you queue as tank for orbonne because you're tired of bad tanks and then it turns out you forget several mechanics and die multiple times :negative:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Did you count Harvey like 30 times or does DGKK just have a weird lala fetish

We got the peppers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

the few, the proud

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

We got the peppers

?????

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

I guess because they used to have marginally worse caster stats and no one bothered to change after Piety became healer-only.

I knew they were pedophiles, but powergamers too???

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oxyclean posted:

I did it. I'm free from ADR/MSQDR. I'm free from leveling....for a few months, at least.

I am on my way to this point but I might just skip out on melee DPS. And frankly I loving hate DOTs so much I'll probably just skip BRD too.

But otoh I might as well be completionist in this regard before ShB.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

i suppose goons relate better to elves who [used to] live in caves. :v:

Duskwights lived in Gelmorra, Wildwood lived in the woods.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I still need to get all three Aethertight Flasks though, the Hydatos bunnies have yet to give me a single Silver Coffer.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The magicite items are insanely rare. Totalled together you're looking at 25-30 mil for the whole set for good reason. You absolutely will not get them before hitting max level.

They're also completely worthless in practical terms. A full elemental +2 set with Physeos weapon outclasses two measly magicite by a hilarious degree. And unlike magicite items, elemental +2 and Physeos have no RNG involved :v:

If you ever get any of the items for 6th or 7th magicite? Do the smart thing and sell them to dumb rich people.

Noted, thanks.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

strong bird posted:

I knew they were pedophiles, but powergamers too???

Did you see the amount Lala clears for Ultimate compared to every other race?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Rainuwastaken posted:

To be fair, a tank deciding to bigpull in a sub-50 dungeon can still be pretty rough considering how the item sync goes from "reasonably strict" to "unbelievably lax" the moment you get into level 50 duties. Every now and then I'll see a tank who thinks he can pull wall to wall in Brayflox or something and just kinda sigh as he immediately implodes.

Brayflox hard big pulls were a thing even back when the best available gear was i90 and healers had to deal with old cleric stance. if you see tanks who can't do it now, either they didn't bother equipping any of the gear they got from quests, or they aren't pressing any cooldowns at all.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The last time I did Brayflox Hard, I somehow managed to get into a group with an AST and two melee DPS who didn't use any AoE abilites. Like, it wasn't even them going HAM and running out of TP; they were actually sitting there doing single-target combos when I had every single enemy from the first big pull beating on my rear end. Neither of them were new. I don't think I've ever been more confused in my life.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You can full pull every hard dungeon but Im pretty sure its impossible to full pull brayflox

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I love pre-patch shitpost party finder

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Control Volume posted:

You can full pull every hard dungeon but Im pretty sure its impossible to full pull brayflox

If your healer is on point and your DPS have AoE, the only room you'd need to split is that big open area after the boss Brayflox helps you with.

Maybe you could carefully attract juuust enough to handle, but someone's inevitably going to drag in adds.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
■Completing the Eureka Hydatos FATE "Baldesion Arsenal: Expedition Support" will now spawn an unstable aetherial node.
*The unstable aetherial node will become a stable node after a certain period of time.

■The following changes have been made in the Eureka Hydatos FATEs "I Don't Want to Believe" and "Baldesion Arsenal: Expedition Support."
・Aetherial nodes will now appear several minutes after completing a FATE.
・The Aetherially Primed effect is now granted only within the FATE area.
・Knockback effects have been removed from certain actions of the Notorious Monsters Ovni and Tristitia.

This was necessary.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
・It was possible to discard the Aetheryte Earring accessory.

lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

jokes posted:

I am on my way to this point but I might just skip out on melee DPS. And frankly I loving hate DOTs so much I'll probably just skip BRD too.

But otoh I might as well be completionist in this regard before ShB.

I'm not a fan of dots but I think BRD might be one of my preferred jobs. You have a lot to press and the rotation doesn't feel to strict. You get a skill to refresh dots in the 60s, so it gets a little less annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Its nice to see that DGKK is still the anime FC