Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

gently caress Schultz. Seriously, he was respectable in his running of Starbucks but this campaign is loving stupid and tone-deaf just like most of his ilk.

The worst thing he could do is intentionally run an independent campaign and get Trump re-elected out of spite. I have no doubts Schultz would do this because he is as allergic to paying taxes as any other rich white dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the terror of the rich is palpable at this point

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Good. Remember, at any point their influence could swing the public opinion towards anti climate change denial but their plan involves loving off to the south island or just dying before it even happens. They're trash people. I hope they're benzoed to the gills from fear.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's worth re-posting articles like this again about how the super rich are panicking. That isn't the only one, just google "super rich scared" and there's a bunch of interesting journalism.

Fuckers, I'll stick a bag of rotting potatoes down the vent to your bunker and not even care.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

air vents will be the new shitters

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Chichevache posted:

From what I read, and I am not a lawyer, it wasn't against the law in the first place. As hosed up as that is, you can't bring charges against them. A key tenant of our justice system is that the law must be recorded prior to the crime. Otherwise (based on half remembered criminal justice classes from 10 years ago) we would be know better than the English, who had a habit of prosecuting people for things that weren't a crime at the time.

Yeah i know we cant prosecute for something that wasnt technically a crime i just cant believe it didnt fall under the ruling of " incapable of saying no" like if a girl was drunk to the point of incapacitation. :cripes:

The only remotely good thing about this, and there is nothing actually good about this, is that the state senate just made it a crime and i think the article said unanimously. I dont think that a bill that enacted greater protections for victims of domestic abuse passed at all a couple years ago so...yay? Progress? Christ.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Wait in New York its not illegal to rape someone too drunk to say no? Obviously they've now passed a law saying that cops can never gently caress their prisoners which would seem obvious in retrospect. But the way the story is written in the article its still pretty clear that the case shouldn't have been dropped.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The prosecutors are also going after the cops for other charges.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

The prosecutors are also going after the cops for other charges.

Your honor, this sentence is excessive and is punishing my clients for another thing that isn't even a crime!

You're right! Free to go!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nice country you’ve got there. Sure would be a shame if these nice American soldiers were to leave and something bad happened. ‘Specially since all we’re asking for is for you to foot the bill plus another 50%.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What a loving moron.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Destroying 70 year old alliances to own the libs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Word from Russia is that an entire newspaper just got commisar'd because Putin thought they made this headline up to please him

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Finally, state-sanctioned violence I can get behind.

She had me at "caduceus emblazoned body armor"

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No! We wipe the slate clean, and do it right from the beginning.

The Rod of Asclepius. Accept no imitations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hexyflexy posted:

It's worth re-posting articles like this again about how the super rich are panicking. That isn't the only one, just google "super rich scared" and there's a bunch of interesting journalism.

Fuckers, I'll stick a bag of rotting potatoes down the vent to your bunker and not even care.

https://medium.com/s/futurehuman/survival-of-the-richest-9ef6cddd0cc1

Peter Theil et al are convinced everything going tits up, and the only thing to do is hole up in a bunker with guards controlled by a food supply only they can access.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So you like big pharma?

Arc Light posted:

No! We wipe the slate clean, and do it right from the beginning.

The Rod of Asclepius. Accept no imitations.

My dog. :hfive:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Wait in New York its not illegal to rape someone too drunk to say no? Obviously they've now passed a law saying that cops can never gently caress their prisoners which would seem obvious in retrospect. But the way the story is written in the article its still pretty clear that the case shouldn't have been dropped.

No it is. I i was saying i cant believe that, unlike raping someone whos blackout drunk, a cop raping a prisoner isnt rape

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Are you not aware that the 10 Commandments is a specific thing, and not just that there are 10 rules scattered throughout the bible?
The 10 Commandments are two specific things. :jewish:

Stravag posted:

How is that not covered already in consent laws? They even admitted to it according to that article. Is it normal to drop charges in circumstances like these?

The forcible sex part was illegal at the time. However, the prosecutors felt they would lose a he (cop) said and he (cop) said vs she said case over the issue of consent.
The change in law was removing the requirement that sex be nonconsensual to be rape/forcible sodomy/sexual assault if the victim is in police custody.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Word from Russia is that an entire newspaper just got commisar'd because Putin thought they made this headline up to please him

Why would he be mad?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why would he be mad?

the joke was that even he thought it was ridiculous

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahaha good one guys but you jumped the gun a little early this year. It's not for another month.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

The latest CNN/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll finds Biden and Sanders near even at 27% and 25% respectively, with no other candidate earning even 10% support.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts (9%) and Sen. Kamala Harris of California (7%) come closest, and of the rest of the 20-person field tested in the poll, just former US Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas (5%), Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota (3% each) rise above 1% support.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Did that poll not include Schultz, was he not an option because he's an "independent", or did he just not poll high enough to garner any coverage?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Biden/Sanders

Cool ticket

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TCD posted:

Biden/Sanders

Cool ticket

Other way around. I don't want the Republican in charge.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Warren/Sanders imo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Biden had his chance. gently caress him.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

A lot of stuff that could fly under the radar running as a VP in 2008 or 2012 will definitely not as a Pres candidate in 2019.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I feel like Warren is in a stronger position than she seems, because she's like the number 2 choice for a lot of different bases. I also think Warren would drive the right wing of this country to near Obama level psychosis. Which is fine, they were going to do that anyway.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Gonna need a woman on the ticket and one that can get MN again and hopefully help out with more mid-west states - Biden/Klobuchar

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Saw a bumper sticker today Biden Warren 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Reign Of Pain posted:

Gonna need a woman on the ticket and one that can get MN again and hopefully help out with more mid-west states - Biden/Klobuchar

I really want Duckworth to be on the ticket, but she hasn't put her name forward yet to my knowledge and I can see the birther crowd freaking out already.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

KirbyKhan posted:

Journalists are dredging the archives and some of the stuff Biden said in the 90s is ... Fuckin' yikes

e: I do understand he's recanted a lot of it. I'm less than thrilled to be giving a other chance to someone who's had 60+ adult years to form an opinion

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 10, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Something about Klobuchar irks me and I can't place it aside from her ability to be a giant oval office.

Not that it's a bad thing, but I'd pull for Warren first if Tammy doesn't roll into the field.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

joat mon posted:

The 10 Commandments are two specific things. :jewish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeTsWGPT0w

KirbyKhan posted:

I love this thread.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Something about Klobuchar irks me and I can't place it aside from her ability to be a giant oval office.

Not that it's a bad thing, but I'd pull for Warren first if Tammy doesn't roll into the field.

Someone at worked described her as the person who would complain to a teacher about her child's grade on a paper.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I place that in the oval office capability category. Not a terrible thing when you deal with childish republicans, though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Here is some fun local politics, brought to you by the Colorado state Senator that said something about blacks having poor health because they eat too much fried chicken.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...a3-495fe9f1a696

I can't imagine this will go any better than last time they tried it.
Also I wonder if they know that the part of the state they want to break off has exactly two cities that produce any significant revenue/have industry of any sort?