Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Anime is ruining this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

-masturbates in their bedrooms (daily)

Are we just gonna, like, pretend this didn't happen.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Another Bill posted:

Are we just gonna, like, pretend this didn't happen.

His family managed to ignore the cum stains ,so I guess it's not hard for goons to step over them too.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

he has a box of people's faces in the attic or cellar

I love this thread so much.

Haifisch posted:

Serious question: Do you also apply this to reading?.

Yes. And I also read a lot it's super fun but if that is your only thing that you do outside of work and living........it's just passing time.

The interesting thing about reading is that if you read some things that expand you mind rather than just scratching it......... it may lead you into some other things you'd like to do.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 26, 2019

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Motronic posted:

The interesting thing about reading is that if you read some things that expand you mind rather than just scratching it......... it may lead you into some other things you'd like to do.
This argument is invalid because it could technically apply to anime as well

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

Anime is ruining this thread.

Anime ruins everything, why would this thread be any different

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

why are goons so weird about certain words

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

gently caress Your Website posted:

This argument is invalid because it could technically apply to anime as well

If you see an anime that expands your mind it just leads you into not being allowed near schools and daycares

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Because goons have to have their targets to beat up on and also run it into the ground and down to the lower mantle in the process.

Chasing around goons with an anime DVD on a stick watching them flee flabbily

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s fair to point out we skipped this though and man

quote:

Ignorance is bliss. He's been doing this forever without issue & he's careful enough (work hours & advance notice folks will come over to his parents & if someone arrives unexpectedly, plenty of time to leave the room because the rooms are on the third floor of the house). Maybe it's an "open secret" because eh, I've sometimes cleaned up forgotten tissue or spillage after him, so there must have been hints before I came around as well?

Just jerking it wherever and cumming on furniture or the floor nbd

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

The man is trying to raise cum shrooms and she isnt having it

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

The man is trying to raise cum shrooms and she isnt having it

It’s his hobby.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s his hobby.

No my friend, its a lifestyle

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s his hobby.

Are you sure it's not a sport rather than a hobby? Chess is a sport so why can't mystery room fapping be one???

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

jobson groeth posted:

Are you sure it's not a sport rather than a hobby? Chess is a sport so why can't mystery room fapping be one???

What are the rules of mystery room fapping? How do you know who wins?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

No my friend, its a lifestyle

Amen.

jobson groeth posted:

Is he doing it against other people? If he’s mysterybating competitively, it’s definitely a sport.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

What are the rules of mystery room fapping? How do you know who wins?

in the game of mystery room fapping there are no winners, only those who get caught

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pirate Radar posted:

In accordance with my jizz=ghost theory this man is trying to infect the home with hauntings.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Play posted:

You heard it here first folks, shoving fistfulls of pre-shredded cheese into your mouth is now officially "good for you".

Healthier than a block of cheese does not mean healthy. Why do you need this explained to you?

Haifisch posted:

I'm pregnant, and my [28F] parents [55F, 60M] have no respect for my choices as a new parent. I don't know how to manage them.

Her extended family sounds awful. She says she doesn't want to put her foot down but that's exactly what she needs to do: no one sees the newborn without providing proof that they received a flu shot. Not "here's a picture of my arm with a bandage", not "I promise I got one", it has to be a medical record signed by a doctor. No record, no visit. If they show up anyway, without proof, then tell them to leave. If they refuse then call the cops.

If there's word of a measles outbreak anywhere near those stepkids, then those parents need to barred from visiting, too.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (18F) tinder date (35M) offered me a job. I don’t really like him, but should I accept it anyway?

I don’t even remember swiping on this guy, or that my age limit on tinder was set so high. But I, an 18 year old, so far have been on 2 dates with a 35 year old. At first, he was nice, but on the second one, I just couldn’t help but find him really annoying. Every 30 seconds he had to stop and look at everything like a child, and it got annoying. I wanted to go home and never out with him again. At one point he put his hand on my shoulder for 10 seconds and it felt really weird. But, he is a real estate agent and he said he needs an online assistant. He offered me a job posting his listings online because he really needs help and was willing to pay me. I said I’d think about it. I’ve never had a job, so at least I’d have some experience, and I’m a broke college student who could use some extra cash.

He already pays for everything when we go out. He always wants to go for coffee first, then maybe an ice cream, then dinner, then a movie, which is a lot. He said he’d even take me on vacation if I wanted. And on top of that he wants to give me a job. I don’t even like him, but I agreed to a 3rd date because I couldn’t tell him no to his face. We haven’t even kissed yet, and he never mentioned anything sexual. It feels a bit exploitative to just use him for free stuff, and then a job on top of that.

It feels worse because he gives me attention I’ve never been given before. He texts me every morning, and every night, saying how much he can’t wait to see me and how much he likes me because I’m “beautiful and nice”. He said he already deleted tinder because of me, but I still use mine to talk to and meet other guys, which is even worse. I feel horrible. I’ve never had someone like me that much. But I don’t like how much older he is, or that he just seems immature. I feel bad that I’m considering using him like this and for talking to other guys (but I’m not exclusive with anyone yet). Am I exploiting him to take the job even though I don’t like him, or not?

TLDR: way older guy and I went on 2 dates. I find him annoying, but he also offered me an easy part time job. Is it exploitation/manipulative if I accept it even though I don’t like him, and I’d probably have to keep dating him to keep it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Power Khan posted:

UPDATE: My girlfriend's dad just pulled a prank on me. How Should I respond?
Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/b3d1pj/my_girlfriends_dad_just_pulled_a_prank_on_me_how/

After that prank, I knew that I had to get back at her dad with a prank of my own, which is what I did yesterday. I went over to their house with some brownies that I made and I offered them to her dad since my girlfriend told me that brownies are his favorite dessert. I offered them as an apology for how the last visit went and he ate them along with my girlfriend, who was in on the prank. About 20 minutes later, my dad (who was also in on the prank) called and I put him on speaker phone. He was acting and in a fake panic about what I put in those brownies. I told him that I used basic ingredients and that I also added some unsweetened cocoa powder. He explains that the cocoa powder had rat poison in it since he was using it as a way to bait the rats that had lodged up in our attic.

My girlfriend's dad was listening and he had a complete look of terror on his face and he was looking at my girlfriend, who was eating another brownie. I hung up on my dad and I asked her dad to go get some salt water to flush out the toxins. While he was doing that, my girlfriend put some fake blood in her mouth and when her dad entered the room again, she spits up the fake blood in front of him and she collapses and starts screaming and moaning. She's saying over and over "I don't want to die!" and she was fake crying. Her dad was freaking out and holding on to her while she was on the floor and he clearly didn't know what to do. My girlfriend then starts saying "I can see someone...I see a light....Hi, grandma." I nearly lost it right there and I had turn away to hide my laughter.

I straightened myself up again and reminded her dad that he ate the brownies as well. And I kid you not, he leans into the kitchen sink and sticks his finger down his throat to induce vomiting. He actually did throw up a little and that's when I cut the prank. I told him that it was just a joke and that there was no rat poison. My girlfriend got up laughing, but her dad wasn't amused. He starts yelling about how messed up we are and how he's going to do everything in his power to break us up. He then grabs his keys and just drives off. I haven't heard from him since.
all of the things this dude writes about definitely 100% happened in reality

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

UPDATE 3: today my girlfriend's dad came home and I laid down like the sickest possible burn you can imagine, it was so sweet. he just opened his mouth in shock and started stumbling over his words, like "uhm, uhm, I don't like your tone young man" and then began violently making GBS threads his pants. my girlfriend and i pointed and laughed hysterically and she called him a fat nerd.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

UPDATE 4: Today was the day of the big football game and after I delivered the game-winning touchdown a reporter for the local news came up to me and asked for an interview. Of course I took the opportunity to lay into my girlfriend's idiot father; they were broadcasting the interview on my school's jumbotron so everyone was able to hear this epic rant I had for him. At the end everyone stood up and applauded; I looked over at my girlfriend's father and noticed that he had peed his pants.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The reading wife reminded me of the last guy I "dated". He said he like to read. That really meant "liked to read DND novels exclusively" and let me tell you goons, that was a day where I discovered a new depth of horror.

He was some kind of off-shoot YouTube/DND proto-goon and it was truly disturbing as a gentle, educated goon lady of these forums.

Actually, as an alcoholic ex-lit major it was goddamn traumatizing.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Baronjutter posted:

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. My friend's ex was always an rear end in a top hat and always presumed to have some sort of mild mental illness that contributed to him being such a controlling weirdo. But he's now suddenly decided the government has done something to him that has changed and moved the organs in his body and fluoride is involved. Apparently the belief that your organs are in the wrong spot or have been tampered with is like a textbook symptom of something fairly specific.

Somatic delusion. One of the "positive" symptoms of schizophrenia. Sometimes the result of organic brain injury...but almost always schizophrenia.

And yeah "schizophrenia, first psychotic break" was my first thought with the possession one. If he's up to it dude should at least get her some help but kids are probably a really bad idea, with or without treatment. Of course other causes would need to be ruled out that can cause delusional thinking (brain trauma, vitamin deficiencies, brain tumors) but it's the most likely cause. Poor woman :(

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The insidious onset is what makes me think schizophrenia specifically. The delusions start off small, even like normal quasi religious beliefs for most people, probably in some sort of “my ex’s spirit is watching over me” and then rapidly escalate to... that.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Motronic posted:

I love this thread so much.

Yes. And I also read a lot it's super fun but if that is your only thing that you do outside of work and living........it's just passing time.

What exactly qualifies as a hobby to you

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Passively watching anything is not a hobby. It takes no mental effort and no skill or personal attribute is developed.

Media analysis or some poo poo hey that might be a hobby that does involve doing a lot of watching, but it’s not passive. By itself “anime and video games” are not goddamn hobbies. Competitive counter strike might be a video game, but that and say studying film theory qualifies as a hobby because actual if mostly useless skills are developed and improved upon. But simply vacillating while playing video games and watching tv is not a drat hobby.

Just like reading crappy fantasy novels isn’t a hobby.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Passively watching anything is not a hobby. It takes no mental effort and no skill or personal attribute is developed.

Media analysis or some poo poo hey that might be a hobby that does involve doing a lot of watching, but it’s not passive. By itself “anime and video games” are not goddamn hobbies. Competitive counter strike might be a video game, but that and say studying film theory qualifies as a hobby because actual if mostly useless skills are developed and improved upon. But simply vacillating while playing video games and watching tv is not a drat hobby.

You have told me a lot about what you do not believe a hobby to be and very little about what you do believe a hobby to be

Is it just skill development or like what

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

You're not the language police. Who cares what people consider hobbies?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Am I supposed to draw a bright line that answers all possible ambiguity? All I can tell you that “watching anime” by itself ain’t a hobby. I don’t believe an entirely passive activity is a hobby.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skutter posted:

My fiance (28 f) just told me she thinks i'm (27 M) possessed by her dead fiance and destined to reincarnate him through our child. I'm thinking of walking right now. I'm lost and need advice.

:staredog::pwn::psyboom::frogsiren:

Dude needs to run far, far away ASAP, preferably to another state or country, then tell her family that his fiancée badly needs serious help. Then reconsider his own life and existence.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 26, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is gardening a hobby? It's mostly just passive consumption of the energy of the sun. Horticulture can be an art or a science, if you do it as a science, then it's not a hobby.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Am I supposed to draw a bright line that answers all possible ambiguity? All I can tell you that “watching anime” by itself ain’t a hobby. I don’t believe an entirely passive activity is a hobby.

If you're going to be extremely specific and insistently rigid in your definition of what is not a hobby then yeah I kinda expect at least a vague outline of what you believe a hobby to be

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

People who are pedantic over what is a hobby are entirely doing it out of self-aggrandizement. It's an easy way to make yourself feel better than other people. "What I do matters and is important and meaningful unlike these pathetic losers."

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hobbies can be bad for you, like posting here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blade Runner posted:

If you're going to be extremely specific and insistently rigid in your definition of what is not a hobby then yeah I kinda expect at least a vague outline of what you believe a hobby to be

It's almost always because if they actually said what they consider a hobby to be, let alone gave an example, they'd be taken apart easily if not endlessly mocked for it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
If watching anime and playing video games isn't a hobby, then neither is being a sports fan, reading novels, following politics, listening to music, watching movies, or most hobbies in existence. Those are all passive activities by the definition of very dumb goons in this thread too.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I mean yeah it's blatantly a transparent way for them to say "actually my Warhams require painting so they are objectively superior as an intellectual pursuit in comparison to videogames" and feel superior but I wanna hear then admit it so here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Incoherence posted:

I'm not usually caught up with this thread, so here's a guess-the-hobby post.

Imagine blowing up your marriage for that.

99% chance that what she’s actually doing is “erotic roleplay where everyone’s character is a famous actor, but with a dog dick, and they all impregnate each other.”

1% chance of “the same, but with Sonic OCs”