Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
So uh, Trump pulling off a Monday Afternoon Massacre on the DHS is... something else. :stare:

That’s not in my “Trump Hell World Vol. 1” script, but let’s see where he runs with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
We should encourage Trump to keep going and fire the entirety of the DHS. Shut the whole thing down--nothing of value will be lost. Good Donny! Keep firing!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think these two narratives/stories are mutually exclusive. One story says that they were anticipating firings for weeks, the other story going around is that Trump demanded Nielsen close the borders weeks ago and got angry when she said she couldn't. Both narratives fit together into one narrative where Trump has been getting angrier and more frantic about the border, demanding things that are illegal and/or impossible, and getting ready to fire those who he sees as standing in his way.

I'm just saying he's totally consolidating power.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ripoff posted:

So uh, Trump pulling off a Monday Afternoon Massacre on the DHS is... something else. :stare:

That’s not in my “Trump Hell World Vol. 1” script, but let’s see where he runs with it.

I sorta expected this kinda poo poo earlier in his presidency. it feels like its kinda too late now.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/white-nationalists-adopt-clowns-as-their-next-racist-symbol-yes-seriously/

The Yang "$1,000 to play video games" thing is in there as well.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1115371268864450562

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Glumslinger posted:

Did I miss this one earlier?

https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928

SO yeah, looks like he is Saturday Night Massacring the leadership of DHS so he can get a specific person named acting chief
So is this a Marbury v Madison thing or does Congress step in and tell him to stop slamming his dick in the door?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm just saying he's totally consolidating power.

Sure. But he's been trying to do that since he fired Reince Priebus or sometime around then.

But he still has his back against laws and reality, and more importantly everyone else does from his underlings to the grunts who have to act out orders. So he's not necessarily any closer to closing the borders with someone other than Neilsen because the roadblock isn't as simple as someone who wants to happen (again, I doubt Nielsen had any moral qualm with closing the borders or refusing asylum claims).

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

STAC Goat posted:

Sure. But he's been trying to do that since he fired Reince Priebus or sometime around then.

But he still has his back against laws and reality, and more importantly everyone else does from his underlings to the grunts who have to act out orders. So he's not necessarily any closer to closing the borders with someone other than Neilsen because the roadblock isn't as simple as someone who wants to happen (again, I doubt Nielsen had any moral qualm with closing the borders or refusing asylum claims).

He's also massively incompetent, and that gets in his way a lot.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I mean, on the plus side I suppose it does make it easier to pick those for the guillotines.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/status/1115319140670160896

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pseudanonymous posted:

He's also massively incompetent, and that gets in his way a lot.

Case in point, he wants to defy his own Executive Order to restart family separations. Even the most racist, evil bastard in the White House can see that's going to be tough to spin.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

We should expand legal immigration while continuing to discourage illegal immigration. Trump's trying to get rid of both because he doesn't want foreign poor brown people here regardless of how they arrived.

The United States is looking at a world of pain if we don't make more baby making immigrants into citizens. By the time we see how hosed Japan is, it'll probably be too late.

Our system is so broken there's really no sensible or ethical way to "continue discouraging illegal immigration" without completely overhauling the whole thing. Most "illegal immigrants" are people who the legal immigration and/or asylum system has utterly failed.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is the most incompetent Night of the Long Knives shaningans right now

No one is going to agree to shut down one of the busiest economic borders in the world and destroy major industries overnight

How is this not a red alert for the 25th?

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

FilthyImp posted:

So is this a Marbury v Madison thing or does Congress step in and tell him to stop slamming his dick in the door?

Well Republicans aren't going to do anything to restrain their leader, much less on an issue that has been the favorite conservative propaganda topic for at least a decade, so realistically there's nothing that's going to restrain Donald. Maybe something would change if the judiciary starts making noise about prosecuting the border police for violating civil rights, but let's be honest - they've been cheering on police excess for decades.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TulliusCicero posted:

Because they can just ignore his dumb poo poo and seize the actual power and money that he doesn't even understand, let alone use, and leave him as a figurehead.

Like they have been.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Democrats are a loving waste

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump is 100% going to try to close the border soon. Hopefully it happens Friday to coincide with Brexit so we can get all the dumbest poo poo happening on the same day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

This is the most incompetent Night of the Long Knives shaningans right now

No one is going to agree to shut down one of the busiest economic borders in the world and destroy major industries overnight

Trump will never be 25th Amendment'd because his cabinet consists mostly of vacancies, Mick Mulvaney running in and out of the room putting on different hats to try and trick Trump into thinking he's 8 different people, and Ben Carson (who needs to be checked on every other day to make sure he's not dead or something).

You need to have a cabinet in order for the cabinet to invoke the 25th on you.

also they're all loyal bootlickers who wouldn't sign the letter even if Trump were roaming the halls of the White House shooting them in the head with a shotgun at point blank range one by one.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lightning Knight posted:

Absolutely incredible. I work at a 3 star hotel and they covered this in my training, I am aghast at how stupid cops are.

This is because basically every company has been burned by having user data compromised at this point and some aspects of the best practices (ahaha who am I kidding, at least basic not terrible practices) are filtering through as the settlements and brand damage are pretty substantial.

Secret service doesn't have that pressure so yeah outside of some bureaucrat deciding that good information security practices are suddenly super important things that all employees under them should be paid to get trained in, they're not going to get any training

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

"Unremarkable white people have so little culture of their own they're adopting clown culture" is a dystopian future I didn't see coming.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

nine-gear crow posted:

Trump will never be 25th Amendment'd because his cabinet consists mostly of vacancies, Mick Mulvaney running in and out of the room putting on different hats to try and trick Trump into thinking he's 8 different people, and Ben Carson (who needs to be checked on every other day to make sure he's not dead or something).

You need to have a cabinet in order for the cabinet to invoke the 25th on you.

also they're all loyal bootlickers who wouldn't sign the letter even if Trump were roaming the halls of the White House shooting them in the head with a shotgun at point blank range one by one.

Yeah pretty much. This stuff isn't getting met with resistance because the system basically just doesn't work very well.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Kaal posted:

Yeah pretty much. This stuff isn't getting met with resistance because the system basically just doesn't work very well.

Turns out a system of government created within the ranks of "polite society" doesn't hold up too well against a shameless sociopath and cancerous egotist like Trump.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Main Paineframe posted:

Without the 1996 law, which drastically expanded deportation authority and detainment requirements, many of these people wouldn't even have been detained at all.

God drat it, Bernie.

I wonder what it was about 96 that would have resulted in poo poo laws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/104th_United_States_Congress

oh yeah the loving Republican contract on America.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was hoping it would be a case where someone sues him and there's basically an email going "FIRE EVERYONE I WANT GUY ON THE CASE NOW! DIET COKE TOO" because they're too incompetent to cover their bullshit.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

"Unremarkable white people have so little culture of their own they're adopting clown culture" is a dystopian future I didn't see coming.

We've had the juggalos for quite some time already.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1115382149379653634

:cripes:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

The Super-Id posted:

Juggalos are surely flawed but one juggalo is worth 300 billion clown nazis.

Watch out spies and hackers, if you get caught the Keystone Cops are on the case

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Secret Service Agent Coleman Francis

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

The head of the secret service is getting fired for sure over this! :laugh:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Stickman posted:

Our system is so broken there's really no sensible or ethical way to "continue discouraging illegal immigration" without completely overhauling the whole thing. Most "illegal immigrants" are people who the legal immigration and/or asylum system has utterly failed.

We need to drastically expand legal immigration and probably look at amnesty or current undocumented immigrants. So yeah, an overhaul is probably necessary.

Republicans should have embraced Latinos. After 2012 their own internal research showed that was their best bet to stay relevant. Instead they went full Trump. Heck, I think Asian immigrants trend even more conservative than Latinos and Trump has done his level best to screw them too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

The Super-Id posted:

Suddenly imagining a gang of alt-rightist clowns fighting a gang of Juggalos.

That is the future that liberals want.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

We need to drastically expand legal immigration and probably look at amnesty or current undocumented immigrants. So yeah, an overhaul is probably necessary.

Republicans should have embraced Latinos. After 2012 their own internal research showed that was their best bet to stay relevant. Instead they went full Trump. Heck, I think Asian immigrants trend even more conservative than Latinos and Trump has done his level best to screw them too.

Yeah, Bush 2 tried to do that but Adelson and the other wealthy donors threw a loving fit and that strategy got shitcanned pretty quick.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Krispy Wafer posted:

LOL when you remember that Muslims were largely Republicans before 2001ish...

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mod sassinator posted:

That thumb drive was almost certainly using an exploit called BadUSB (https://hackaday.com/tag/badusb/) that's an issue that can own pretty much anyone no matter how careful they think they're being--even plugging it in to an airgapped PC and trying to attach it to a VM will own the host computer. The issue is that 20-30 years ago when USB was added to operating systems they made the brilliant design decision that of course all hardware like keyboards and mice should always be trusted and immediately accessible to the user. Surely no one would create a nefarious keyboard that quickly types in commands to open a terminal and install a rootkit! :suicide: Nowadays you can cram a BadUSB attack into a tiny microcontroller that's small enough to hide directly in the USB connector itself, so you literally cannot trust any USB cable you plug into your computer.

Would this pwn me if, say, I were to stick this into my Linux Mint dualboot instead of my Win10 install? What if I had loaded up a LiveDVD session instead and never gave it Wifi credentials?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Almost as if her arrest was pretty loving embarrassing for the president and secret service alike, and the best thing for everyone involved would be if this quietly went away.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lycus posted:

Project Supervisor: What's happening now?

Programmer: Well, now a horde of clowns are fighting one another... Should I shut it down? It's keeps just generating even weirder stuff.

Project Supervisor: No. I want to see where this goes.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I don't think the USSS head is in the succession order since it's not a cabinet level position.

Sorry. To clarify, I mean within Homeland for the acting head position. It's looking a lot like he's tearing apart Homeland so that only the ones he wants are left to get the "acting" head job when he's done.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this whole thing smells REALLY bad. He's planning something horrifying and is building the cover to attempt it.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Lycus posted:

Suddenly imagining those clowns in the White House! Haha, I slay me.

But yeah, it doesn't seem like life could get any weirder at this point. Something less viscerally disquieting than usual going down would be a pretty pleasant change of pace.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

look at dis virgin

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1114313124289474560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Secret Service Agent Coleman Francis

Trump does sound like he's narrating "The Beast of Yucca Flats" at times...