Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the internet has gotten incredibly loving weird and i do not envy anyone who's trying to parse this poo poo who hasn't kept up to any extent

I also am old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

therobit posted:

I remember the multiple times my cousin got off meth/coke/drug of the moment and lived in our basement. The last time was over 20 years ago and she still isn't clean today. We only hear from her when she thinks she can get money out of my mom. Meanwhile I was a teenager sharing the basement with a really hosed up person who was really manipulative because she was a loving junkie. It's not a good thing to expose kids to.

you're a bigot and an awful person

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Lol sorry that person isn’t more tolerant.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weird new direction to take the Rise of the Triad franchise but ok

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me: "Well I don't think we talked for an hour that night, I bought you 2 drinks at the bar, afterward some McDonald's and you let me cum in your mouth, kind of hypocritical to go around and calling other people sluts".

:laffo: gives new meaning to "billions & billions served"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Sorry about your drug problem.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

that's fair but it's unambiguous that being dominated never did factor into her fun factor but sure as heck does for the bf

Or he doesn’t like getting palm struck when he tries to flirt

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

uwu or what ever is like baby talk. It became a weird thing on the internet and it always instantly gives me a pervy vibe and I don't like it one bit because I'm old.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

therobit posted:

Sorry about your drug problem.

ah, projection

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

ad090 posted:

WIBTA if I didn't go to my brother's wedding because he wants me to "act straight"?

This is a dangerous precedent to set.

If he “acts straight” now, what about family gatherings? What about holidays and basically the rest of their lives?

Best to get all these issues out in the open now rather than kicking that (gay) can down the road a little.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Baronjutter posted:

uwu or what ever is like baby talk. It became a weird thing on the internet and it always instantly gives me a pervy vibe and I don't like it one bit because I'm old.

Actually it's just a dumb anime face. the u's are eyes, the w is a mouth. In this context it's a really dumb way of saying she's cute.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
The uwu poo poo reminds me of that "~kawaii~ Uber Dwiver" post that makes an appearance every so often.

The internet is a mistake.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SirSamVimes posted:

Actually it's just a dumb anime face. the u's are eyes, the w is a mouth. In this context it's a really dumb way of saying she's cute.

I think it originally used a lowercase omega, ω, which is considered a cute mouth for reason I have no desire to learn.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

....How? You don't know the person they're talking about. Not to mention, junkies usually are horrible people, not that they try to be. It fucks with your brain, and turns you into something you're usually not.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think it originally used a lowercase omega, ω, which is considered a cute mouth for reason I have no desire to learn.

Because it looks like a kitten's mouth

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It was originally supposed to be a happy kitten face and sort of morphed into a generic signifier of 'cute'

Also this slang is like 15 years old.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

So much to "love" about this guy, but this is the part that gets me:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Alice is literally just the most hyper smol uwu bean ever. She's adorable yet the most kinky person I know. It's hilarious. And Jane has been my best friend since we were in our church's youth group together. She's helped me through many rough times. And I've helped her back a lot too.

"Hey, Reddit, one of my girlfriends is an old friend from church youth group with whom I seem to have some level of adult connection, and the other one is an Internet insufferability golem. Which one should I take to meet my conservative parents?!"

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
hyper smol uwu bean

of all the poo poo in this thread, this is annoying me the most right now

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking out my 15 year old daughter for getting pregnant?

My daughter, who we’ll call Lucy, has been having behavioral problems since her mom and I divorced when she was 7. The divorce was really hard on Lucy, but what made it even worse is that her mom took a job overseas soon after. Now, Lucy sees her mom like once a year and talks to her on the phone maybe once every few months.

Adding onto this, I got remarried when she was 10. At first, Lucy was excited to have a “new mom”. But my new wife and I had kids, and it pushed her acting out to the extreme. Instead of just talking back, she was smoking weed, skipping class and just hanging out in the bathroom, dating high school guys when she was in middle school, etc. She has been to therapy and on medication, and she has definitely mellowed down, but she still can be extremely difficult to deal with.

A few days ago, Lucy sat my wife and I down and told us she was pregnant, and she was having her baby. She had been hiding the pregnancy for months, thinking if she could hide it for 16 weeks we couldn’t make her get an abortion (this is false information, our state still allows her to get an abortion at this point in time). She basically told us she is keeping and raising the baby, and that the father won’t be involved.

I was livid. I told her to either abort, or put the baby up for adoption. Lucy refused, and asked me to support her through this. She said she wanted to own up to her mistake, not just abandon her child.

I know Lucy. She is barely responsible for herself, much less another life. And she has implied she expects my wife, who is a full-time mom, to parent her kid so she can continue to enjoy her own. Maybe if my two kids were older, it’d be easier, but I don’t think it’s fair to add this responsibility to my wife who has two toddlers to worry about.

I’m disappointed in Lucy for lying, and for not thinking this through. I have tried to be on her side because of all she’s been through, but I think she’s going to never learn her lesson and continue to make a mess of her life. I think the best option might be to kick her out and give her a taste of reality so she can get a taste of reality. Would this make me an rear end in a top hat?

​EDIT: So seeming as I'm irrevocably the rear end in a top hat, what might y'all suggest I do? I didn't sign up to raise another child and I don't have the financial means to support her. Lucy can't even take care of herself, much less a newborn. I feel like I'm being looked at as this "villain", but I genuinely think that people don't understand the frustration of having a very troubled kid whose now pregnant and plans to keep the baby and expects ME to pay for it. Not to mention the local laws that state that I'm financially responsible until she turns 18. I didn't sign up for a child, and I'm NOT raising her kid because she refuses to look at this objectively.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I want to volunteer to take either the hyper smol uwu bean or the guy who wrote it and drive them across the country and abandon them there. Only one, but either will do.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Miserable Maid posted:

Because it looks like a kitten's mouth

That's a million times less creepy than I was expecting.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for worrying about our future children being gay?

My wife and I are having talks about kids, she said she would be happy with anything but I said I’d rather have a straight, female healthy child. I might have overshared my worries.

One of the greatest fears I have is that we have a gay son. I don’t think I would be ok with that and I’d feel guilty (like it was my fault) and the idea that I wouldn’t know for 6-7 years frightens me.

I have issues around that to do with my childhood, to the extent I have ptsd about gay men. If my son brought home a gay man, as a teenager, I wouldn’t be able to deal with that.

My wife says once you have a child you love it even if it’s not a good one, but I’ve seen how gay people are treated. Especially by their parents if they can’t deal with gay people. What if I react like that?

I think I have a gay nephew already and I can’t deal with that.

I spent so much of my teenage years afraid that I might be gay (I’m not I’m bisexual) I don’t think I have the strength to deal with worrying if my kids might be gay.

I could not ever deal with the shame and guilt that my stupid genes had made a gay child.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I think dude is probably not a great dad if he wound up here in the first place. I bet there is something to the kids feeling that she's been replaced by the new family, and also how the hall do you not get a handle on it when it's in the "cutting class, smoking weed, and dates a sing6age inappropriate boy" phase? At a certain point you take time off work to walk them to class and just generally make their life miserable.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife and I are having talks about kids, she said she would be happy with anything but I said I’d rather have a straight, female healthy child. I might have overshared my worries.

One of the greatest fears I have is that we have a gay son. I don’t think I would be ok with that and I’d feel guilty (like it was my fault) and the idea that I wouldn’t know for 6-7 years frightens me.

I have issues around that to do with my childhood, to the extent I have ptsd about gay men. If my son brought home a gay man, as a teenager, I wouldn’t be able to deal with that.

My wife says once you have a child you love it even if it’s not a good one, but I’ve seen how gay people are treated. Especially by their parents if they can’t deal with gay people. What if I react like that?

I think I have a gay nephew already and I can’t deal with that.

I spent so much of my teenage years afraid that I might be gay (I’m not I’m bisexual) I don’t think I have the strength to deal with worrying if my kids might be gay.

I could not ever deal with the shame and guilt that my stupid genes had made a gay child.

Whoa. A lot to unpack here. This closet's just full of boxes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

therobit posted:

Whoa. A lot to unpack here. This closet's just full of boxes.

The OP is just hoping there’s enough space left in there for his son.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What a bigoted rear end in a top hat, I wonder...

quote:

:stare:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

therobit posted:

Junkies in the active grip of their addiction will let you down every loving time.

FTFY

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pirate Radar posted:

The OP is just hoping there’s enough space left in there for his son.

:drat:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

What a bigoted rear end in a top hat, I wonder...

:stare:

He's throwing around the word beta in the comments a lot so I think he's gone down some dark internet paths.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

he posted this earlier. I know, I know, it didn't happen

EP thinks polamory means her kid can steal my date.

Well, I found out people are never to old to be an EP.

​Bit of setup. I recently realized I was polyamorous and came out to my friends who are all poly and dating each other. And I asked two of them our. Both said yes and we all met up for dinner and dancing. And one of them had a physically abusive ex. That's relevant later.

The Cast:

EP: Entitled POS

EYA: Entitled Young Adult

Alice: Tiny smol uwu bean. Date #1

Jane: My first friend and longest friend. Had the abusive ex. Date #2

M.E.: Medical Examiner. Also 6ft and built like a football player

Names obviously changed.

​So Alice, Jane, and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner. If you've never been to one they're amazing. Basically, instead of ordering a meal servers walk around with all sorts of meat cooked in various different ways and you just eat what you want. It's amazing. And not the point of this story

​Anyways, we were all sitting there, enjoying the food, having fun, being pretty flirty. Normal date stuff. Alice is being her usual uwu self. I freaking love her. And Jane is being her normal quiet self. I lover her too. We're all having a blast. However, then EYA walks up to Alice. And starts being a arrogant prick.

EYA: Hey baby. You're too cute for this loser. Why don't you ditch him and come join me?Alice: No I'd rather not. I like these guys.

EYA: C'mon babe, you know you wanna. I don't know what he said to get such a sexy girl like you, but I'm way better then he is at making you scream.

Me: Look rear end in a top hat, she said no. Quit being a perv and get out of here.

EYA: Whatever man,

He leaves and I think that's the end of it. We continue. Have more fun. Innuendos are said. We're all comfortable cuz we know each other. When suddenly EYA comes back with EP

EP: Why won't you date my son? He's a lovely boy. And makes lots of money. Any girl would be lucky to have him

Alice: No I like OP. He's been my best friend for years. We on a date right now. F--- off

EP: Well then why don't you date him? He deserves a wife to cook and clean for him. (she's talking to Jane now)

Jane: Not happening. I like OP. He cares about me more as a person than an object. We're on a date. I'm staying here. (Jane's kinda a doormat at times so I'm super proud right now.)

EP: What? You can't both be dating him!

Me: They are. We're polyromantic. That means we can love multiple people. I love Jane. And I love Alice.

Jane: I love Alice and OP and a few more.

Alice: I love Jane and OP and a few others.

Me: We're trying to enjoy our date right now. So piss off.

EP: Well if you can love multiple people one of you can love my son. You! (She grabs Jane and tries to pull her away)Jane freaks out remembering her ex.

Me: Get off of her(I force EP off)I grab a server to get management. Jane is panicking so I'm just holding her close.

Management comes, I explain, EP and EYA get banned from the place. Alice and I take Jane home and end up watching Avengers: Infinity War there because we don't want to leave her after the incident. We all agreed after that we had fun except for the incident. We're going to Avengers: Endgame for our second date together.

​Edit: Holy crap this blew up! Thank you all for the kinds words! And a special thanks for the gold!

This was written by a braindamaged person

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

don't accuse someone of being a bigot just because they shared a story about a junky relative, you idiot

Beachcomber posted:

Please tell me what this means so it's not in my search history. Also any of the others you know.

"I don't want it in my search history" is the primary usecase for incognito mode, you should try it out

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BoonyPC posted:

hyper smol uwu bean

of all the poo poo in this thread, this is annoying me the most right now

appies

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for kicking out my 15 year old daughter for getting pregnant?

I think the best option might be to kick her out and give her a taste of reality so she can get a taste of reality.

Yes, giving her a taste of reality will surely give her a taste of reality

:hmmyes:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yes, giving her a taste of reality will surely give her a taste of reality

:hmmyes:

Maybe just a small taste of reality. A reality appie, if you will

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pirate Radar posted:

Maybe just a small taste of reality. A reality appie, if you will

A smol uwu bean of reality might be a better place to start.

Ugh. Hate all of Reddit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive been in this thread too long because instead of empathy or trying to suss out the problem Im like bribe your daughter into getting an abortion/giving up the baby and then run out the clock and kick her out at 18. That way 30 years later your grandkids from can be super confused who this crazy lady stalking them is and they can make a series of simultaneously terrifying and heartbreaking posts.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Most of them have a habit (ha!) of sliding back pretty often.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

My boyfriend (23M) got arrested and I (22F) started cheating on him.

quote:

u/obosenkenobi
I started dating this guy a couple months ago. He's my first boyfriend and the first man I officially introduced to my family and friends. I really want things to work out because I love him and it would also look really bad if we broke up after such a short time of dating especially now that people in my life know of him.

Well, about three weeks ago he got arrested and lost his job at the same time (something he did at work). He was only in there for a week, but boy it was one of the hardest week of my entire life.

Since he was arrested, I heard nothing of him. He lived a few cities away from me, and I was on my last few days of university and couldn't afford to miss any classes. We were in a fairly new relationship and had not really met each other's family, so my only way of hearing about him was through his friends. Well, about a day in, one of his friends told me that he'd actually posted bail (I now know that you can't do that but I had no idea at the time) and was actually out of jail already, but they hadn't heard from him yet. I was at a loss. I tried to contact his cousin but he didn't respond. I called the police station and they said there was nobody of his name there.

I didn't know what to do, I was so stressed out and lost. I had no friends I could talk to or were close to me. I was confused and lonely. A couple days passed and I still hadn't heard anything. I thought he had ghosted me. I decided to open Tinder just so I could find people to talk to. I found this guy who was only a couple kilometers away. He was a student from a nearby university. I told him about my situation and we agreed to just meet up for drinks and talks. I arrived at his place at around 9 PM. We really just drank and talked while sitting on his bed, we didn't make any moves on each other or anything. We just talked and talked until morning. Finally, I was a little drunk and he said that I was really pretty. That's when I snapped! The emotional attention I'd been deprived of for days and plus I was very horny. He excused himself to the bathroom and I just kinda decided to lay on his bed for some reason. When he returned, we cuddled and made out and finally had sex.

Literally the next day, my boyfriend called and said that he'd got out of jail, explained that his friend simply got the wrong information which caused all the confusion. He thanked me for sticking with him despite everything. That's when all the guilt started setting in. I couldn't bring myself to tell him because he seemed to truly love me and kept expressing how grateful he was because I didn't give up on him.

Anyway, that was a couple weeks ago. He's now out of jail but we rarely see each other anymore because his uncle (who is in the military and is very strict) insisted on taking him in until he "straightened up his act." As for me, I'm still seeing the guy I slept with while he was arrested (I found out that he has a girlfriend too if that makes any difference). I've also hooked up with a few other men since then. He still doesn't know anything. The guilt is so bad that whenever we have even the slightest of disagreements, I want to just explode and tell him everything that I've done. All my friends advise against telling him. They always say things like, "You can live with the guilt but he doesn't deserve to get hurt like that, so it's better if he doesn't know."

Now, this whole situation has brought me to a couple realizations. One of them is that I might be a sex addict. I no longer have any reason to cheat on my boyfriend but I still do. I can't stop. Second is that, in all my attempts to rationalize my behavior, I realized that he's also quite a lovely boyfriend. He has quite the tendency to be misogynistic (he has judged me for my sexual history and even went as far as to wish he'd taken my virginity instead), he dismisses and ridicules me when I try to call him out on his behavior (often acting like I'm only doing it to try and get a reaction out of him and tells me to "try harder"), is extremely selfish (he has, on multiple occassions, made decisions for both of us without consulting me first), and is narcissistic and self-absorbed (has implied that if we ever have a child, he wants that child to get all of his features and none of mine which is incredible because i'm way better looking than he is but anyway).

Despite everything, I still want to make things work. When we're not going through rough times, we're very happy and sweet and everything just seems to fall into place for me. I know that he loves me too. Even my friends are extremely happy for me (despite knowing everything that goes on behind the scenes) because even they can tell that he really loves me. How do I fix a relationship that already seems way too broken to repair? And how do I do it when the other person doesn't even have any idea that it's damaged to begin with?

TL;DR: My boyfriend got arrested and I started cheating on him. He's now out of jail and I'm still cheating on him, I also realized he's not a great boyfriend.

This one is a trip, it goes so many directions, all of them extremely stupid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Miserable Maid posted:

My boyfriend (23M) got arrested and I (22F) started cheating on him.

This one is a trip, it goes so many directions, all of them extremely stupid.

Ah, chav love, a beautiful thing indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theyre onto the final stretch now and its Risky Sexual Behavoir neck and neck with Ongoing Affair followed by Toxic Friend Group with Lets Make it Work pulling up the rear. These issues are going all out folks and were seeing some last minute moves by Lack of Coping Mechanism and oh wow folks out of nowhere Ex-Con Boyfriend is making space and making a move its now right on the tale of the flagging leader Ongoing Affair and yes, what a photofinish as Ex-Con Boyfriend comes in first.