Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

13Pandora13 posted:

The key is to find a condom that has best fitment and material for you put a little bit of condom-safe lube in it before you put it on just buy little 3-packs of like 4 brands and spend a couple extra bucks for a not lovely lube jesus christ goons please wrap your dicks the world does not need more of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i wouldn't buy a tube of it but it works fine for the little amount that the condom comes pre-lubed with

also dont gently caress dry pussies buy a tube of cheap water-based lube what the hell

safeway and walgreens both have store brands, it's that fuckin' common and cheap jfc

I think condoms and lube are cool and good, my dude. I was just expressing concern about the irritating qualities of spermicidal lube in particular. Dudes should just go to a urologist and have them go to town down there, just scramble them the gently caress up or whatever they do.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think condoms and lube are cool and good, my dude. I was just expressing concern about the irritating qualities of spermicidal lube in particular. Dudes should just go to a urologist and have them go to town down there, just scramble them the gently caress up or whatever they do.

"Doc, I want you to scramble my eggs."

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Sorry about your broken penis dude. I agree that they work and use them if you need them but wow.

Yeah. It really really sucks to enjoy safe sex.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

OMGVBFLOL posted:

all other things being equal, breastmilk is better for hormonal, immunological, and microbiotic reasons

but

the kid's already nine months old and all the solid science to back up the above statement starts getting fuzzy around six months. if the kid's been on the boob for nine months, what benefits there are to have, have been had.

also

all other things being equal, don't fuckin' emotionally abuse your partner you idiot gently caress
i want to fire this sumbitch out a second story window what the hell

That’s not quite true.
Once studies correct for income levels and mothers health, the impact on outcome of breastfeeding versus formula for full-term babies is trivial. We’re finding the positive impact of breastfeeding is vastly overblown, and formula-fed babies (who aren’t in poverty and have access to clean water) turn out pretty much the same as breastfed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For Firing An Employee After His Parents Died?

I'm the VP of Sales at a software company and one of our sales development reps parents passed away at the beginning of April, sadly they were involved in a car crash and both lost their lives. Now the employee in question in very young 22 year old guy and has been with us for about 10 months now. He's a great employee and we were thinking about promotions in the next ~6 months for him. His job is a high paying one for a new grad, about ~90k with commission and base so we expect a lot from this position. Because of the accident we let him take a 1 month paid leave of absence from work and he's returned a few weeks ago and his performance is severely lacking. He's super unmotivated, not cold calling, out reaching to prospects for the last 2-3 weeks enough since he's come back. Our whole mgmt team has noticed this and we decided to let him go because we feel like he'd need months and months to be able to produce again and we can't just wait that long.

We called him into a meeting on Friday afternoon and gave him the bad news, he was very calm and rude about it. Told us to go gently caress ourselves and got up and went to his desk grabbed his few things and left. I thought this was very very unprofessional and extremely rude.

I told my boyfriend about all of this and he said myself and my mgmt team are a bunch of asses and pricks with no hearts.

AITA?

FYI a mod closed this thread and banned hundreds of people for calling this person an rear end in a top hat

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
both that poster and that mod are too evil for :thermidor:, :murder: is not sufficient. what's the smilie for dismember them joint by joint until they bleed out for being bootlickers

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Wait, someone posts in AITA and people get banned for answering the drat question? lol reddit. Imagine going to a cooking forum and asking "hey can I substitute olive oil in this recipe" and people are like "yes you can" and it's objectively true but they get banned for fulfilling the very purpose of the forum and the thread.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AITA for calling my mom out for not being there for me as a kid

quote:

My parents both worked a poo poo ton when I was a kid. Like 60 hours a week, each. I spent all my time in after school programs because my mom didn’t have the time to pick me up, or be a room mom, or do any of that stuff. I told my mom recently that I tucking hate her for never being there for me. She said she was sorry but then she called me sexist because my dad also wasn’t there, but my dad was doing as he should to provide and my mother did not nurture me as she should. My dad was working so much that my mom didn’t need to work too, she did it for herself instead of thinking of me and what I needed. I am not speaking to her currently because of her response. Am I the rear end in a top hat for cutting her out for her behavior?
I thought OP was an rear end in a top hat for one reason, but it turns out it's for a different reason!

Edit: Although, seeing how her son turned out to be a sexist rear end in a top hat, maybe he's right that she should have worked a bit less and spent some time raising him to not be a sexist rear end in a top hat.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 3, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I announced my pregnancy at my sister’s gender reveal?

Yes, however talk to the sister and see what she has to say. If she says no respect those wishes. But man I read the comments from her and they are pretty dense. She outright says "My sister has always said she wouldn't want to share gender reveal / shower with me so I don't think she would like it if I did."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Wait, someone posts in AITA and people get banned for answering the drat question? lol reddit. Imagine going to a cooking forum and asking "hey can I substitute olive oil in this recipe" and people are like "yes you can" and it's objectively true but they get banned for fulfilling the very purpose of the forum and the thread.

in AITA, you're really only supposed to vote YTA/NTA/NAH, give your reasoning, and move on. There's always supposed to be a line between giving your cool, impartial verdict and leaving a comment saying the person is a spineless corporate robot or whatever. So, when the commenters start forming a mob, the mods shut down the thread.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm the VP of Sales at a software company and one of our sales development reps parents passed away at the beginning of April, sadly they were involved in a car crash and both lost their lives. Now the employee in question in very young 22 year old guy and has been with us for about 10 months now. He's a great employee and we were thinking about promotions in the next ~6 months for him. His job is a high paying one for a new grad, about ~90k with commission and base so we expect a lot from this position. Because of the accident we let him take a 1 month paid leave of absence from work and he's returned a few weeks ago and his performance is severely lacking. He's super unmotivated, not cold calling, out reaching to prospects for the last 2-3 weeks enough since he's come back. Our whole mgmt team has noticed this and we decided to let him go because we feel like he'd need months and months to be able to produce again and we can't just wait that long.

We called him into a meeting on Friday afternoon and gave him the bad news, he was very calm and rude about it. Told us to go gently caress ourselves and got up and went to his desk grabbed his few things and left. I thought this was very very unprofessional and extremely rude.

I told my boyfriend about all of this and he said myself and my mgmt team are a bunch of asses and pricks with no hearts.

AITA?

I could swear I interviewed with this company about 5 years ago - they asked me, unironically, if "a sudden death in the family would impact your ability to perform your duties in any way?"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not supporting my gay cousin's upcoming marriage?

A couple years ago, two of my cousins came out about the same time. One of them I was pretty sure of, but the other came as a complete shock.

The one I had absolutely no clue is now engaged to be married and I just can't get behind it. The issue is that he's 24 and his fiance is 56. And oddly enough, they're both each other's first ever relationships. Not only that, but my cousin grew up with an abusive dad and his fiance reminds me of his dad in so many ways. He's extremely obese (over 400 lbs) and is incredibly loud and obnoxious. I've never seen the fiance be mean to my cousin but I just think it's a prime setup for an abusive relationship.

My cousin is also pretty shy, so I feel like he's settling with the first man to show him any attention. I've been invited to the wedding but I just can't go and act like I'm ok with what's happening, but I also don't want to speak up and risk losing a relationship with my cousin. AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA because I’m furious that my SIL tattooed my kids’ names on her body?

*edit/info for clarification: I didn’t cancel the vacation and won’t. It just makes me want to not see her.

I think it’s disturbing that my sister-in-law, who has a long-distance, limited relationship with our children, had their names tattooed on her arm. She did not ask us how we felt, just posted a picture on social media once it was done. She has no children of her own, but is still in her child-bearing years. She is not a close beloved aunt of my children- they see her once a year and talk to her briefly on holidays. They never talk about her or ask about her between those times. They like her well enough, but she likes to lecture them and attempt to parent them, so a little of her goes a long way.

She is going to expect us to all oooh and ahh about this tattoo. I have nothing nice to say. I am not flattered, I feel violated. I feel like it glorifies tattoos (something neither I or their father have, though this isn’t about tattoos in general-it’s about tattoos of my kids’ names. To each their own on tattoos). More importantly, it glorifies her relationship with our kids. She barely knows them, and doesn’t spend time with them when we do visit. On our last visit, she sent our kids to McDonalds with her friend and didn’t join them. She later used a photo the friend took of my sons eating, and posted it as if she HAD been there. It’s crazy. Instead of the cost of a tattoo (this tattoo is huge BTW), how about a plane ticket to visit the children you claim to love so much? She talks about my children taking care of her when she’s in a nursing home... why would they? They will be busy with their own families, and taking care of their parents!

I was so mad when I saw the tattoo that I told my husband I wanted to cancel our upcoming vacation to see her (and their grandparents). I have been taking my anger out on him, which is probably unfair but I feel his lack of communication with them leads to this kind of crazy. AITA because I think tattooing my kids’ names on her body is weird? Am I supposed to feel flattered? I feel like if anyone is going to tattoo my kids’ names on their body is should be me or my husband!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA because I’m furious that my SIL tattooed my kids’ names on her body?

*edit/info for clarification: I didn’t cancel the vacation and won’t. It just makes me want to not see her.

I think it’s disturbing that my sister-in-law, who has a long-distance, limited relationship with our children, had their names tattooed on her arm. She did not ask us how we felt, just posted a picture on social media once it was done. She has no children of her own, but is still in her child-bearing years. She is not a close beloved aunt of my children- they see her once a year and talk to her briefly on holidays. They never talk about her or ask about her between those times. They like her well enough, but she likes to lecture them and attempt to parent them, so a little of her goes a long way.

She is going to expect us to all oooh and ahh about this tattoo. I have nothing nice to say. I am not flattered, I feel violated. I feel like it glorifies tattoos (something neither I or their father have, though this isn’t about tattoos in general-it’s about tattoos of my kids’ names. To each their own on tattoos). More importantly, it glorifies her relationship with our kids. She barely knows them, and doesn’t spend time with them when we do visit. On our last visit, she sent our kids to McDonalds with her friend and didn’t join them. She later used a photo the friend took of my sons eating, and posted it as if she HAD been there. It’s crazy. Instead of the cost of a tattoo (this tattoo is huge BTW), how about a plane ticket to visit the children you claim to love so much? She talks about my children taking care of her when she’s in a nursing home... why would they? They will be busy with their own families, and taking care of their parents!

I was so mad when I saw the tattoo that I told my husband I wanted to cancel our upcoming vacation to see her (and their grandparents). I have been taking my anger out on him, which is probably unfair but I feel his lack of communication with them leads to this kind of crazy. AITA because I think tattooing my kids’ names on her body is weird? Am I supposed to feel flattered? I feel like if anyone is going to tattoo my kids’ names on their body is should be me or my husband!

I think this lady is the perfect amount of peeved and vindictive to just go ahead and change her children's names.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA?

Y'know what pisses me off about this one isn't even so much the firing, as the being indignant at being disrespected after firing him.
Like if they had the stones to do the lovely thing and at least take the expected reaction they'd still be the assholes, but also being all "WELL I NEVER!" just gently caress you, gently caress you.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

artsy fartsy posted:

I think this lady is the perfect amount of peeved and vindictive to just go ahead and change her children's names.

For about the price of a big tattoo, she could have sold the SIL one of the kids.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Grape posted:

Y'know what pisses me off about this one isn't even so much the firing, as the being indignant at being disrespected after firing him.
Like if they had the stones to do the lovely thing and at least take the expected reaction they'd still be the assholes, but also being all "WELL I NEVER!" just gently caress you, gently caress you.

That, but it also seems like no one gave him a warning. Like, a heads up that you're not doing your job and firing is being considered.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

That, but it also seems like no one gave him a warning. Like, a heads up that you're not doing your job and firing is being considered.

Yeah, telling them "sorry about your dead folks but you gotta buck the gently caress up and get to work" is already being a hardass, firing them without a warning shot is just inhuman.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

Yeah, telling them "sorry about your dead folks but you gotta buck the gently caress up and get to work" is already being a hardass, firing them without a warning shot is just inhuman.

I worked in a lovely gift shop in a zoo once, and I will never forget when a coworker requested time off because her grandfather was dying, and her family needed her there. The owner of the zoo sat her down and told her that people die every day, and her family doesn't need her there, but what HE needs is her to come to work because otherwise we'd be short staffed.

The fact he said it all with a straight face. The dude should have won an Oscar in Human Shittiness.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

of all the weird digs in this thread, this is...at least top 10 weirdest

Sewing the “weirdest dig” merit badge on my sash right now.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for arguing with my dad about finding my underwear in his closet?

Pretty sure this thread has given me brain worms. Reading this I thought it was going to be "dad sniffing daughters underwear", but was relieved when it was "just" another run of the mill dude trying to control what his daughter and wife wears.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Xik posted:

Pretty sure this thread has given me brain worms. Reading this I thought it was going to be "dad sniffing daughters underwear", but was relieved when it was "just" another run of the mill dude trying to control what his daughter and wife wears.

lol you believe the dad's cover story

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

13Pandora13 posted:

lol you believe the dad's cover story

absolute best case he thought it was all the mom's underwear he was huffing

more depressingly, he knew

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
So, like, all penises aren't exactly the same? And all males don't share the same subjective experience when wearing a condom?

Weird. No, more than weird. Completely implausible.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Norton the First posted:

So, like, all penises aren't exactly the same? And all males don't share the same subjective experience when wearing a condom?

Weird. No, more than weird. Completely implausible.

big dreamworks face energy

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

What the gently caress.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
lol if a condom covers more than half of your dick

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for shipping two people together?

quote:

Ok, so let’s say person A and person B. Person B told me that she wants to become a boy called Ben. Person A told me that person B hates being a girl. There were also lots of rumours about person B transitioning. I genuinely believed them.

A month or so later, person A makes a thing on Instagram saying ‘ship for ship’ everyone is shipping her with this random dude (Who was not person B). I wanted to spice things up and so, without thinking, I typed ‘I ship you with person B!’

Person A sent me a DM saying that person B was NOT becoming a boy, and that I was lying for attention. She also said that both her and person B were both really upset that i shopped them together. I sent 8+ messages saying that I genuinely thought she was gender-switching, and that I was really sorry. Tbh I probably sent too many sorry messages. Person A said ‘bye’ and unfollowed and blocked me, and stopped talking to me irl. I haven’t heard from person B either.

AITA?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The words “I wanted to spice things up” somehow felt greasy to read.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Most stats suggest men average less than five minutes of penetrative sex before busting, so I don't think not enough sensation is that big a problem. Wear a condom and buy yourself a few precious seconds.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm way too loving old to understand that shipping one.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm way too loving old to understand that shipping one.

Cherish your ignorance

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My hot take: the dudes complaining about a loss of sensation are selfish lovers. Because it really shouldn't matter otherwise

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [27M] got an erotic massage 8 years ago to spite my manipulative ex-girlfriend [28F] of 3 years and now I’m addicted to them. I want to stop, but I don’t know how.

quote:

The title is pretty self explanatory, but I’ll try to explain how and why. Bare with me on this....

It started about 10 years ago when I visited Thailand with my girlfriend at the time, and a lot of jokes were made about Thai massages and “happy endings”. At the time I was with a great girl and we had a great sex life. I don’t know why, but I became really curious about the taboo-ness of getting a handjob after a massage by a pretty Thai girl. Nothing happened on that trip.

Fast forward 2 years and I was in Bali with a different girlfriend. She got sick and was staying in the hospital. I was by myself and had nothing to do, and the idea of getting a happy ending popped into my head. We had gotten a few massages together and the hands on my thighs made me extremely turned on and I really liked the thrill of it. I googled it and found that many people get into cabs and ask for them to take them to an erotic massage place and wait for you until you finish (as they can be in dodgy out of the way areas).

I was nervous and picked the girl out of a line up, she took me to a hall with rooms off to the side and into a very bright room, lit with fluorescent lights. No music, no warm towels, nothing special. Not like the other couples massages we got. We haggled on the price (I paid too much, I had no idea what I was doing) and then I got naked, and proceeded to get an underwhelming massage, followed by an unenthusiastic handjob. I left there feeling dirty and ripped off, and extremely guilty. I told myself I didn’t like it.

But then for some reason, my narcissism took over and I thought “its because those girls weren’t happy there and I didn’t get to charm them. I should try again somewhere else and find happier, prettier girls”. I thought that if I found girls that found me attractive and were keen on me then it would be more fulfilling.

I also told myself that because my relationship was rocky and we fought all the time and I felt emasculated by her, it was a way for me to get back at her and feel better about myself.

From that point I was getting massages all the time. Probably once or twice a fortnight. Sometimes I would pay $60 + $50 for the service, sometimes I would get it for free, once I paid $250 for a nuru and prostate massage.

My girlfriend eventually found out from some texts and she broke up with me. I swore I would stop. But now I was single, so I could do it guilt free. So I didn’t stop getting them. I would always feel disgusting and that I wasted my money and I was a bad person. But nobody in my life knew so I didn’t have any consequences for my actions. So I kept doing it. For another 3-4 years.

Then I met my current girlfriend. She’s amazing, caring, and an absolute smoke show. There is not relationship-based reason for me to go now - our relationship is perfect, my life is much better and I am seriously happy.

But I am still addicted to getting these massages. Today I spent $153 and got a massage with a naked handjob. Whilst getting them I feel fine, even though I think about all the reasons I should be there, I just ignore it and enjoy the feeling of the girls hands on my body. The horniness takes over. But as soon as I cum, I hate myself, I hate that I do it, and I really want to stop.

I think of myself as a really nice guy, with a great life and an amazing girlfriend. I’m not unattractive, I’m fit and I am relatively successful. Life is good. But I am still addicted to them and I really don’t want to be.

Please help.

TL;DR: I got an erotic massage to spite a manipulative ex-girlfriend years ago, but now I have a great life and amazing girlfriend and I really want to stop. I hate feeling this way.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 3, 2019

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that it’s been ten years but “my manipulative ex girlfriend” is still a title-level detail.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not killing a spider in the shower for my gf?

spiders are cool and good, NTA

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MasBrillante posted:

I like that it’s been ten years but “my manipulative ex girlfriend” is still a title-level detail.

Well, jeez how else could he have fallen down that slippery slope of erotic massage addiction?!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I [27M] got an erotic massage 8 years ago to spite my manipulative ex-girlfriend [28F] of 3 years and now I’m addicted to them. I want to stop, but I don’t know how.

this seems like the sort of thing that would sort itself out naturally and cheaply if you would only tell your girl how much you fuckin love handjobs

v if that's hippie poo poo then i guess i'm a dirty fuckin hippie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for telling my 13yo niece that she doesn't HAVE to follow society's lifescript?

quote:

Don't write me off as a crazy hippie just yet! I'm a 39yo woman who owns a graphic/web design business with a good staff, so I have a lot of downtime. My sister has a wonderful 13yo who I adore and spend a lot of time with. Sister had an unexpected and complicated pregnancy, and our parents both passed away when we were teens, so they lived with me for the first 7ish years of her life, and they still have "their rooms" at my place. They live one block away.

I was briefly married, it ended very amicably. 13yo knows and loves him too. It's likely he will come back and settle down with me again, but his business took him all over the place and he felt weird being attached while being away for 6+ months at a time. I decided a long time ago that I didn't want kids, got myself fixed. I date occasionally (men & women), but it's never been a big thing for me. I love my life.

About two weeks ago, 13yo and I were sitting on the patio. She started asking questions about me, my life, etc. They ranged from "why don't you always shave your legs like mom does" and "why don't you have kids" and "when will you get married and have your own family?"

I gave her honest answers to each question that boiled down to: girl I just don't want to. That really surprised her, and she kept asking "But don't you have to?" and "But everyone else does." and "but don't other people make fun of you?"

Finally, I told her something like, "You don't always have to do what society tells you. Like yeah, you have to obey traffic laws, and don't go around being mean to people. But shaving? Nah. Getting married? Lot's of people don't! Having kids? You don't have to if you don't want to." I then spouted some hippie rear end bullshit about "Your life belongs to you and you alone, don't ever let anyone pressure you to be someone you aren't. So if you WANT to shave your legs, don't let me change your mind. But know it's your choice."

She became very contemplative about things, asked some more questions, but eventually she told me about school crushes and poo poo.

I thought the conversation was totally fine until my sister came over and yelled at me for trying to turn her kid into some "hairy lesbian" who will never give her grandkids. I tried to explain that's not at all what I did but she completely blew up at me and told me they needed a break from me. They're usually over every few days or so, but it's been quiet. I'm very sad about it, but I honestly don't feel like I did anything wrong.

Did I, though?