Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Oh, I guess that makes it okay then? :psyduck:

No, it invalidates the idiot pro-incest argument that identical twins are just clones of each other so any sexual contact is just mastorbation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ParserGirl posted:

No, it invalidates the idiot pro-incest argument that identical twins are just clones of each other so any sexual contact is just mastorbation.

i don't think that's an argument meant to be taken seriously.

at least with identical twins there's never the risk of pregnancy

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (20F) boyfriend (21M) just told me that I owe him $200+, should I pay him?

Edits 1 and 2: We’ve been together for almost 2.5 years.

My boyfriend recently told me that I owed him $200+. I found this out when we were joking about $28 that I owed him but kept forgetting to pay him back (basically $20 for someone else’s birthday gift and $8 for some queso). All of a sudden, he says, “So when are you going to pay back the $200+ that you owe me?”

Wait, what?

This is the very first time that I’m hearing about this and so I asked him how I owed him $200+, and even looked at his notes of how much people owe him. I saw my name and beside it is the huge lump of $203 + $20 + $8. Not once have I asked him for $203 so I asked him how it got to that amount. Maybe I forgot since it happened a long time ago but-

I also keep track of how much money I owe him or other people (usually only ask in emergencies if I don’t have any money on me). I don’t reduce the amount that I owe and I add in a couple more bucks as an apology for being an inconvenience. I did not see a $203 on my notes and only the $28.

He is also very good at keeping track of people who owe him money. I swear, he keeps track of every single cent that you owe him.

I’m a pretty understanding person and if he gave me a reason why, then I would give it all back. But he couldn’t answer me. He didn’t know why I owed him that much money. I paid back the $28 that I knew I owed him but I wanted to know how he got $203. He said it probably happened over the course of this year. When I asked him about the $28, he knew immediately why I owed him that amount.

That was the only answer I got, now I can only think of two options, but they both don’t make sense.

He is making up the $200+ and wants to take my money (very very unlikely)

He is adding up all of the times that he pays for my food. But the thing is, we pay for each other 50/50. When he pays for me, I pay for him next time. I think that we split the cost pretty fairly.

Am I being irrational for withholding the supposed money that I owe him? What should I do?

TL;DR - Boyfriend told me that I owe him $200+ but can’t give me the reason why. Should I pay it back or withhold the money until he gives me a good reason as to why I owe him the money?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ParserGirl posted:

Opposite gender twins are never identical. They're no more than siblings who happen to share a womb.

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So are we just skipping the woman whose boyfriend thinks she’s a witch?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

her glamour failed, she needs to accept it and move on

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pirate Radar posted:

the post just doesn't provide enough information. does she float in water or not

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pirate Radar posted:

If she's four inches shorter without shoes.....

Burn the witch!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (28) husband (31) thinks I should ask him for permission

My (28) husband (31) and I have been married going on five years. He expects me to ask him permission when I go out. I am okay with saying, "Hey husband, I have plans with so and so after work," and if he has something planned he can let me know at that time. I think it's courteous to let one another know what we're doing and where we're going. His expectation though is that I say, "Hey husband, can I go to dinner with so and so?" This is his expectation for literally anything I want to do. If I tell him rather than ask him, he makes jokes that he just won't let me leave the house or tells me to stop testing him.

I try to tell him that it's not normal and I'm not happy, but this is normally the gist of how our conversations go: Me - Why do I need to ASK you instead of just letting you know? Him - If it makes me feel better, why does it matter? I never say no to anything. Me - Because I think it's controlling. Him - Omg you act like you're being battered.

I know deep down what he's doing is wrong, but I don't know how to explain this to him in a way that he'll understand. It's hard for me to reconcile that it's abusive because when I start to think that, I start to think about all of the ways that he's not. He's never ever hit me, he doesn't yell during fights, I control our finances and maintain our budget because he isn't as responsible with money, he doesn't isolate me, etc.

I really, really don't want a divorce. Our marriage was not like this in the past. I just went places and let him know and that was that. If he had something planned or wanted to spend time together, he would just communicate and most of the time I'd change my plans. I'm not really sure looking back where it began to change because it happened so slowly I guess over time. I spent most of my 20s with him and was hoping our 30s would be spent starting a family and am terrified to just throw our marriage away. I don't think this is normal, but he shuts the conversations down so I don't know how to communicate how wrong it is? Any advice would help.

TL;DR My husband thinks I need to ask him for permission to go out and I don't know how to change this dynamic without ending our marriage.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (F24) already want to divorce my husband (M25) and it hasn't even been a year.

We had been dating a little over two years when we got married, engaged for one year, married since October. Everything was great and we got along just fine! However, after we got married it feels like things changed. He became more controlling (has to know where I'm at at all times and will text me to "check up" on me when I'm visiting with a friend). He would get on me about my weight and say that I was getting chunky. So I started going to a gym, now he complains that I don't spend enough time with him. I do not want kids and have made this very clear. However, he and his family will not stop pushing the idea on me and it makes me beyond uncomfortable. I've told him how it makes me feel when his mother says "I mean... IFFFFF you have kids". He says I need to stop playing the victim. He makes me feel worthless sometimes and like I'm not enough. He said I need to "pull my weight" around the house by either paying for my portion of the rent and bills, or being more "like a housewife".

He said when we have kids I will be staying home to be a stay at home mom. I will drop my career and my friends will consist of other moms. I'm currently in a certificate program to further my earning potential. So he'd want me to give that up in two years to raise his kids.

The sex is absolutely awful. I've tried to talk to him about it and see if we can try new things. He says no.

I feel trapped financially. If I leave, I'm homeless with nothing.

Advice is appreciated. I can also clarify questions as well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention he tries to guilt me into sex. Like I said, it's boring as hell and does absolutely nothing for me so I don't bother with it. Whenever I say no he gets all huffy and mad. He also holds finances over me. Whenever he pays for anything it's like a gift and I need to be super thankful. Yet I'm not helping with the finances so I suck. He also makes me buy my own groceries and pay for my own meals when dining out (which isn't bad some times but every time?)

TL;DR I am unhappy in my marriage and my husband isn't willing to work on it or take any blame.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Leave

Leave!

LEEEEEEAVE

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Pirate Radar posted:

I figured it was a Spider-Man-maryjane-Mephistopheles joke since the boyfriends name was “peter”

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (28) husband (31) thinks I should ask him for permission

Comments!

op posted:

I don't recall any significant events which is why it feels so confusing. He makes comments if I want to wear something out with friends he considers like skanky and whenever we go anywhere together he ALWAYS has to be the one driving. To the extent that if I'm in the driver's seat he playfully (?) I guess, pushes me out.

op posted:

I drive if he's been drinking or if I'm going somewhere alone without him. If we're going together, he makes comments along the lines of, "I'm bigger and stronger than you," if I insist or tries to pull me in car if I refuse to go. It sounds so messed up to me even just writing it out, but when it happens it's all done playfully and nonviolently and under the guise of him joking so just feels normal idk.

op posted:

I'm working full-time and as of now we need my income, but we've been talking about me quitting my job, as I absolutely hate it, for a few months to de-stress before we're supposed to move later in the year for his job because at that point we will be financially comfortable and not necessarily needtwo incomes. And that's when he also brought up the possibility of having children since I wouldnt be working temporarily. It was something I was really looking forward to but after analyzing his behavior and reflecting more and more on it am scared to think of whether or not it would escalate if I didnt have my own financial resources. I'd like to believe it wouldnt and he's always reassured me that his money is "our" money, but now I dont even know

Reddit is steering her in the right direction.

Although :sever: instead of :murder:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pinecone Sample posted:

/r/relationships: if you don't know what ahegao is, look it up

Just looked up "ahegao face skin Nintendo Switch" thanks to that post above yours and, goddamn, is that kid a loving creep.

And that girl's boyfriend is a piece of poo poo for telling her to ignore it.

"Please don't make the creepy pedo feel bad for openly walking around with that poo poo. Hurting people's feelings is wrong." :reddit:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ad090 posted:

AITA for refusing to take part in my brother's wedding

I'm gonna try to do an SBC take on this one:

Brother getting married to fiancee of 6 months, one week before my wedding! People are canceling on my mine because of costs. They're only marrying so soon to hide her pregnancy from both sets of parents, but it'll be visible. Advice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

An ahegao sticker is the bitcoin sticker of love making

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ad090 posted:

WIBTA for getting rid of my son's dog?

And, wow, we have a new contender for biggest piece of loving poo poo in the world.

In nearly 5000 pages of this thread, I don't think I've been as disgusted with someone as much as I am with the guy who wants to get rid of his son's dog while the kids mother is in hospital for trying to take her own life because taking care of the dog for a few days is a little inconvenient for him.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He said I owed him money and showed me a notebook with a child's math problems solved in it. Should I pay my boyfriend, who I love and is perfect and especially good at obsessing over money, the money he's asking for?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He is adding up all of the times that he pays for my food.

Attention thread: If you do this, kill yourself

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
has anyone said "ahego gently caress yourself" yet?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being upset my MIL won't make a "family quilt" for me and my husband because we have no kids?

My MIL has made a small "family quilt" for all of her kids and their spouses (5 couples including us). The quilt is really cute, has the couple's names, their kids' names, and their favorite hobbies and things all done in stitching and cute little cloth pictures. I was really looking forward to getting ours because I admit I'm a bit of a hipster and I love home-made kitschy stuff like that for our home.

She recently finished her latest one for my husband's brother and I thought we were getting ours soon since my husband is the youngest. I asked my SIL (she got hers first) and she very awkwardly informed me that no such quilt will be coming our way. I was a bit upset and asked my husband to investigate. Turns out MIL has no intention of making a quilt for us because there's not enough to put on all the squares or whatever, basically meaning since we don't have kids we don't deserve a quilt because she can't be bothered.

I message her directly about it because I'm just that kind of person. I like hearing it straight from the other guy. MIL says her fingers hurt after the first 4 quilts and she's taking a break. I ask her if it has anything to do with the fact that we have no kids (which she expressed negativity against in the past) and she says no even though I know it's a lie. I push her more and ask her when she thinks the quilt will be done after her little "break" and she kind of loses her temper and says there's no quilt and there never will be a quilt.

I ask why and she says she's only interest in making quilts with her grandkids and things on them and we don't have enough hobbies and kids' hobbies to fill up a whole quilt. I tell her we have 2 beautiful dogs whom we love and could be put on there and she says "I'm not making a whole quilt for a couple of goddamn dogs" verbatim. I hang up and tell my husband and he's 100% on my side.

But now I got a really mean voice message from my SIL telling me that I crossed the line and am acting like a huge B*tch for no reason. I'm shocked because I have a great relationship with my SIL and she always defended me from other family bullshit. My husband wants no part in this now. AITA for what I said to my MIL?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

could be put on there and she says "I'm not making a whole quilt for a couple of goddamn dogs" verbatim. I hang up and tell 

LOL

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being upset my MIL won't make a "family quilt" for me and my husband because we have no kids?

You owe us a quilt so I can show how ironic I am for displaying it.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for sending my entire class an email telling them to not be so small minded, rustic and to expand their thinking?
omg :kimchi: this shameful memory is going to haunt op for the rest of their life, but in like, a benign way

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i'm getting flashbacks to dramatically denouncing the neopets community for not appreciating leonard cohen

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

nankeen posted:

i'm getting flashbacks to dramatically denouncing the neopets community for not appreciating leonard cohen

That's a thread title right there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I was really looking forward to getting ours because I admit I'm a bit of a hipster and I love home-made kitschy stuff like that for our home.

Wow, from "of course you're not the rear end in a top hat" to "holy poo poo, YTA, go gently caress yourself" in a single paragraph, nice work

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for agreeing to have a baby only if my husband agrees to provide most or all of the childcare?

I'm sure this will work out super great for everyone, especially the child
this one is extremely sad

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

HMS Beagle posted:

That's a thread title right there.
please no

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for kidnapping my dates and forcing them to watch bad movies?

yes mr plinkett, yta

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

That was the only answer I got, now I can only think of two options, but they both don’t make sense.

He is making up the $200+ and wants to take my money (very very unlikely)

He is adding up all of the times that he pays for my food. But the thing is, we pay for each other 50/50. When he pays for me, I pay for him next time. I think that we split the cost pretty fairly.
The third option is that he put the amount beside the wrong name. Probably his other girlfriend owes him $200.

Also "He is also very good at keeping track of people who owe him money. I swear, he keeps track of every single cent that you owe him." and "But he couldn’t answer me. He didn’t know why I owed him that much money." aren't really consistent statements.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nankeen posted:

omg :kimchi: this shameful memory is going to haunt op for the rest of their life, but in like, a benign way

How exactly does that work?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The boyfriend is probably just angling for some Oo-Mox.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Literally A Person posted:

Poor kid: "My brother and sister are in an incestuous relationship and are moving to a foreign country together. I am not taking this well"

Redditors: "Get woke, philistine :smug:"

Game of Thrones broke this Hell World.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AITA for spoiling Avengers Endgame for my roommate because they stole my onions?

I have some nice onions on display and one of my roommates stole them all in order to make them into a stew.

Naturally, I was pretty pissed about this as up until that point I was pretty friendly with that roommate. Anyway, I saw Endgame opening night and promptly spoiled it for that rear end in a top hat roommate who stole my onions because I knew they weren't going to see it until a couple of days after opening night

This caused an unforeseen amount of drama among my roommates and friend-group. Last week my roommate got into a big shouting match with one of my friends which ruined the party and now my roommate blames me for ruining the party by spoiling Endgame for him because he stole my onions which is what made my friend mad.

Anyway, I've been having trouble sleeping at nights and finally decided to have this sub weigh in on who they really thought was the rear end in a top hat here.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AITA for asking my co-worker to put their food away during a movie?

I work at a company that has off-site outings. Many times we go the new movies events like Marvel or Star Wars on the opening Friday during work hours. It's a great perk that I personally very much enjoy. A few months back, we went to see Captain Marvel the day it opened. I had my popcorn and soda and was heading to my seat when I noticed one of my co-workers brought in a Tupperware container of food. I thought nothing if it, until she sat next to me and as the movie was starting opened her container and proceed to eat liver and onions. Normally I'm very tolerant of other people's food choices, but this particular choice of movie snack stunk like holy hell.

I politely asked my co-worker to put her food choice away as it was rather pungent and ruining my movie experience. I was greeted with complete shock by my co-worker but she did relent and put the top back on the container after huffing and puffing.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for asking her to put away her liver and onions in the movie theater?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting Satanic imagery in my wedding?

My fiance (m/38) and I (f/30) have been together for 12 years and are now engaged and planning a wedding. He's left most of the planning to me, which is fine, since he says that he doesn't really have strong feelings one way or another about the smaller details of our pending nuptials.

However, ONE of his expressed desires is to include some "Satanic" flair to his entrance with his groomsmen; hooded robes, swinging candles, ominous music, a prayer to the dark lord (or whatever). I have TWO problems with this:

1) My side of the family is Catholic. I am not (I'm agnostic), but this would raise some serious questions for my family who has never known my fiance to be into the devil. I want them to remember the wedding as a fun party; not as an introduction to my fiance's alleged "dark side."

2) What's more annoying, HE IS NOT EVEN A PRACTICING SATANIST. He likes Satanic imagery and thinks it's cool and anti-establishment (I think it's a leftover relic from his rebellious teen years) but he is not actually involved in anything related to the occult on the day-to-day. It's like he wants to have a shock rock concert to "impress" our guests. He likes Satanic values (be true to yourself; be committed to the here and now; be independent) and listens to Marilyn Manson and Ghost BC. That's the extent of his "devil worship."

So this leaves me in a tricky spot, because of course I want my fiance to include his personality in the wedding, but I don't want my family to be taken aback or upset by this quite unusual and provocative entrance. I don't want it to be the key take-away.

I've expressed as much to my fiance and he got really offended and upset that I don't support his idea. He thinks I am being controlling and am making the wedding more about me and my family and not about him, the groom. He claims I don't care what he wants and would rather he by unhappy on our wedding day than get the "single thing" he wants. While I get that (but still think it's kinda immature), when weighing the costs and benefits, it seems like he would get a smaller benefit of having a "fun" entrance than the general cost of my comfort (it's MY wedding day, too!) and my family's enjoyment.

I felt guilty and got him custom Baphomet cufflinks for his birthday to wear at our wedding hoping that would make up for it and show a willingness to compromise on my part, which he was very excited about and grateful to receive.

Recently, he requested that we put a pentagram somewhere on our wedding invites. Of course I said no to that, too, for the same reasons above. It's inflammatory and I don't want family focusing on weird devil poo poo more than our wedding as a whole.

​AITA for saying no to any of this? Should I give him more leeway instead of considering my family's comfort and beliefs more than his happiness and pseudo-beliefs?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting Satanic imagery in my wedding?

My fiance (m/38) and I (f/30) have been together for 12 years

Could have stopped here tbh

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

areyoucontagious posted:

Fiancée has murder fantasies as a fetish and I’m concerned.
u/Alison11Nosila

:stonk:

:gonk::stare::whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MasBrillante posted:

AITA for spoiling Avengers Endgame for my roommate because they stole my onions?

I have some nice onions on display

sorry what?