Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

True, but she isn’t biologically related and there is no court order and the kid does not even know her. Why are they in each other’s lives? I kind of suspect not there mom is hoping to hold the child support over bio mom to try to get back into her life. I am wondering how reliable the narrator is as well.

She isn't biologically related but in the story she says she adopted the child and is legally her parent. So if she got taken to court she would have to pay child support. So she really can't just say "I'm not gonna be paying anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Xenocides posted:

True, but she isn’t biologically related and there is no court order and the kid does not even know her. Why are they in each other’s lives? I kind of suspect not there mom is hoping to hold the child support over bio mom to try to get back into her life. I am wondering how reliable the narrator is as well.

She said she adopted him and saw him.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Xenocides posted:

Let's explore one last possibility. What if she was addicted to an mmo at the comatose level? Every waking moment, she's grinding away. She's among the best of the game, achieving server firsts and experiencing new content faster than it comes out. But. Grades are inevitably suffering. Interest in employment or (other) hobbies just isn't there. She never calls, she never writes. She probably wouldn't even smile if I caressed her cheek, whispering "I love you"; I don't know, I've not been afforded the chance ever since she started playing.

Girlfriend in a MMOma, I know, I know, it's serious

Power Khan posted:

Ive told him that i need physical affection and if ges too tired for sex he can at least pet my back or let me hug is arm or let me rest my head on his chest. Hes really reluctant (because hes tired and plays Dota2 until past midnight when he has to get up in the morning)

Boyfriend plays the Dota, I know, I know, it's really serious

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Antivehicular posted:

Girlfriend in a MMOma, I know, I know, it's serious
Would you please let me see her?

(Because it's been over a year)

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Cousin [29/M] thought it would be funny to bring my ex-girlfriend [28/F] to my [M/27] wedding (with now wife [28/F]). I feel bad for wife and ex-girlfriend and don’t know if I should apologize

quote:

My cousin and I grew up together and were close in age. We were always “thick as thieves” and trouble. When we graduated high school, I went to university to follow my father’s example and he worked in his father’s business to follow in his. We didn’t see a lot of one another for many years and when we did it was for holidays or brief family events. I’m still away “studying” and my cousin has been working for 11 years, has a home and a car while I’m “just starting out.” I’m happy with my choice of career. I’m happy with the direction of my life. I met someone 3 years ago in a totally different field and we’ve been able to make a really nice little life, we’re debt ridden, but we’re happy. We scrimped and saved and I took some extra shifts to make some money and we had a really nice, not too elaborate, wedding. We had really great food and drinks, found a really lovely location and had what I think is the best wedding. Except for one tiny hitch. My cousin decided to pull his “greatest prank ever” and bring my ex-girlfriend as his “plus one”.

My cousin thought it’d be funny to leave his own GF out of the wedding ceremony and instead invite “Katie” who is the girl I dated in high school and during my first year of university. We were together from 9th grade on. Katie and I were always together, we lost our virginity together; we went through all kinds of struggles together, but Katie didn’t want to leave our town; I was going to university a few hours away and she just didn’t want me to be there. It was a constantly source of stress. She knew I wanted to be a dentist and was studying constantly but it was not what she wanted. She was adding more stress onto an already stressful situation. She was in a part-time program that had a lot of flexibility but wouldn’t visit (didn’t like major cities) and would get really emotional when I couldn’t drop everything because I had a physiology lab. It took a toll and eventually I had to break up with her. It was brutal. She was so upset that it bordered on the obsessive. For the next ~12 or 13 months I got emails, letters, gifts, texts, calls and inquiries from her. Some were just “Hey, how u doin?” and others were about how she wanted to die because we weren’t together. Others still were about how she wanted me to die. After a year I got an email that must have been 15 or 16 pages long and recounted everything. She closed it by saying she’d be here when I was ready but that she was moving on. It was nice to have closure.

When I visit my parents (and my now-wife’s parents as we’re from the same area), I’d occasionally bump into her – she’s a cashier at a grocery store, so I know which store to avoid. I’d see her out-and-about with her kid now and then, but we didn’t talk. She had no idea what I was up to and all I knew was she had a kid. Fast-forward to wedding invites and my cousin sends back a “Yes + 1” so I figured he’d bring his GF. I specifically warned him – NO PRANKS. NO STUNTS. NO SCREWING THIS UP. He agreed and said he would be totally cool. He pulls me aside on the wedding day and says that he lied and he pulled the greatest stunt. He brought Katie as his date. He’s almost giddy. I immediately tell my parents who inform my aunt, uncle (not my cousin’s parents, a different set of aunt and uncle) and brother. My aunt, uncle and mother find her and then tell my in-laws what to watch for. My cousin realizes he’s lit a powder keg and hides.

She was a great guest, she stayed quiet, cried mostly, and at the reception came to give me a gift and letter. She was very respectful; she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said “I miss this cheek.” She was very teary-eyed and said how she wished it was her, but that she was so proud of me, called me “Dr. FirstName” and then left. My cousin wheeled by and realized how much he hosed up. Katie left at that moment so she missed 95% of the wedding reception. People really dug the party – we served fun, delicious food and had champagne, bourbon lemonade and various sundry non-alcoholic drinks so everyone could enjoy. Our Multi-tiered donut bar was a huge hit. After Katie left, I talked to my wife who was absolutely flaming mad at my cousin. She calmed down – a pint of bourbon lemonade does that – and my cousin left once he realized how mad our family was at him. With him gone, things were fun and looking back, my wife has great memories. I still feel bad. It’s not how she wanted the day to go and I’m not sure how to fix that.

I feel beyond terrible for Katie. She bought us a very thoughtful present and wrote a lovely letter updating us on her kid and apologizing for being obsessive when we first broke up and wished us nothing but the best. She closed it by saying that she was so proud of me. That just made me feel even worse. My cousin used her as a prank only to dredge up really bad memories and be invited to a wedding where people were leery of her – she and my cousin have remained friends and I genuinely think she thought she was a guest and not a prank. I don’t think she came with ill intent at all. My idiot cousin, on the other hand, was so beyond cruel I’m not sure what to say to that jack@$$.

I feel like saying anything to Katie beyond a thank-you card is probably not fair but I also don’t know if I should talk to her somehow and explain that what my cousin did was cruel and inexcusable. Maybe she doesn’t see it like she was a prank? It’s been 3 ½ weeks and I still feel racked with guilt. I need advice.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I (50s F) found semen on our cat. Not sure what, if anything, to do?
I a few days ago I came home from working and as I was unlocking the door our cat came running to greet me as she always does. When I picked her up I noticed something on her fur, which after closure inspection was undoubtedly semen. Not a lot of it, but enough to know with certainty that it was from the texture/smell. I should mention now that she was 100% uninjured. I checked top to bottom and it looks like the offender just... Finished on her.

I'm happily married with three teenage sons (13M and 18M twins). Obviously I washed it off right away, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. If one of my sons (or god forbid, their father) is doing something with the cat then that's something I cannot ignore. But on the other hand, our cat is not an indoor cat. She can roam freely outside through the cat door. So maybe it was a neighbor who didn't bother to wash up?

So now I'm stuck in the most bizarre/disturbing/difficult situation:

I have no idea of knowing which of the boys in my house did this, or that it could be a neighbour

I can't bring this up to the boys or my husband... because if I do I feel like it will spark a witch hunt of sorts.

It's driving my crazy

I've since locked the cat door and made sure she's inside whenever I leave the house. That way if it is someone in our family, and it happens again, I can rule out the neighbours. But other than this, do you guys have any advice on how to deal with this?

Specifically with regards to telling my husband, if at all?

quote:

Animals man. I can't count the number of times I've rubbed one off and disposed of it to later find the cat has pulled the tissue out of the trash and eaten it. It gets annoying.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 6, 2019

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Chomp8645 posted:

If you don't support pinups you don't support are troops.

Reminds me of one of my favorite WWI stories. One of the objections from the grassroots of America over entering the war was that “our boys” sent to Europe would be corrupted by foreigners and particularly foreign women. When the first US troops arrived In port the French courteously invited their troop to use the military run brothels (set up to try to mitigate the spread of syphilis). The US generals refused fearing political blowback. One said that the French better not mention the offer to the President or he might call off the war.

US troops were banned from the military brothels. So they went to the illegal ones and syphilis made a huge comeback. There was a huge jump in syphilis infections in Saint-Nazaire where the US troops landed. :patriot:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

She isn't biologically related but in the story she says she adopted the child and is legally her parent. So if she got taken to court she would have to pay child support. So she really can't just say "I'm not gonna be paying anymore"

Missed the adoption. Ignore my less then lukewarm hot take.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Power Khan posted:

I a few days ago I came home from working and as I was unlocking the door our cat came running to greet me as she always does. When I picked her up I noticed something on her fur, which after closure inspection was undoubtedly semen. Not a lot of it, but enough to know with certainty that it was from the texture/smell. I should mention now that she was 100% uninjured. I checked top to bottom and it looks like the offender just... Finished on her.

I'm happily married with three teenage sons (13M and 18M twins). Obviously I washed it off right away, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. If one of my sons (or god forbid, their father) is doing something with the cat then that's something I cannot ignore. But on the other hand, our cat is not an indoor cat. She can roam freely outside through the cat door. So maybe it was a neighbor who didn't bother to wash up?

So now I'm stuck in the most bizarre/disturbing/difficult situation:

I have no idea of knowing which of the boys in my house did this, or that it could be a neighbour

I can't bring this up to the boys or my husband... because if I do I feel like it will spark a witch hunt of sorts.

It's driving my crazy

I've since locked the cat door and made sure she's inside whenever I leave the house. That way if it is someone in our family, and it happens again, I can rule out the neighbours. But other than this, do you guys have any advice on how to deal with this?

Specifically with regards to telling my husband, if at all?

From the comments:

quote:

Just sit the family down for a nice dinner and say "Which one of you lawless monkeys jacked off on the cat?"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Is the OP sure the cat took the full blast of splooge? Could it have been a something about mary situation and the cat found and rolled around in it or something?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
What if they all jacked off on the cat???

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Is the OP sure the cat took the full blast of splooge? Could it have been a something about mary situation and the cat found and rolled around in it or something?

That was my first thought too, because I guess I give humanity too much credit, but it's Reddit so

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah that's the top comment. Said the cat probably found a kid's jack-off tissue.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

All hanging up signs around the house, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EJACULATING ON CAT

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've heard it's quite beneficial for a nice shiny coat.

Which is why I usually jerk off in the front closet.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

ad090 posted:

Cousin [29/M] thought it would be funny to bring my ex-girlfriend [28/F] to my [M/27] wedding (with now wife [28/F]). I feel bad for wife and ex-girlfriend and don’t know if I should apologize

Who exactly did he think would find this funny? And why did she agree?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ParserGirl posted:

If you skimmed those generated legal advice topics, go back and read each one. It's the kind of nonsensical humor that packs such a huge punch.

"Update: property manager took my girlfriend 3 months ago, no idea what to do." was probably my favorite

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah it's always sad when someone doesn't want to leave their crappy hometown. The world is too big to stay in medfordville for life.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah it's always sad when someone doesn't want to leave their crappy hometown. The world is too big to stay in medfordville for life.

I used to think that but I have met too many people who are genuinely happy in that life to mock it too much.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Post to Nextdoor "WHO CAME ON MY loving CAT?!!?"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Xenocides posted:

I used to think that but I have met too many people who are genuinely happy in that life to mock it too much.
Right, I still only have the one mind to generalize from, but I can't imagine how bored/sad I'd be given that constraint.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That cousin needs to never be invited to any events anymore if he can't act like an adult. Or make him sit at the kiddie table if he pulls dumb poo poo like that. No kiddie table? Make one just for him complete with a toddler sized chair.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Right, I still only have the one mind to generalize from, but I can't imagine how bored/sad I'd be given that constraint.

I guess it depends on your town, really.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah honestly, as someone who has three university degrees, moved across country in 2005, then left the United States entirely in 2012....

I really kind of just wish I had stayed in my little home town and worked a crap retail job instead of doing all those things.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for my sarcastic response to my coworker about her school?

quote:

So I have a co-worker that's an ultra-liberal extreme-PC social justice nut.

The other day she was talking about the school she went to, which is conventionally known for being a women's college. Obviously nothing wrong with that, those exist.

She then went on to talk about how "it's known as a women's college, but we're very open and accepting gender-wise, we also accept trans women, trans men, non-binary, gender fluid... basically anyone but a cis man".

This was said completely unironically and nonchalantly and while others around acknowledged 'oh, that's cool', I blurted out "Yeah... sounds real openly accepting" with a very clear sarcastic tone.

She then glared at me and turned around and walked away. Now, don't get me wrong, they can accept who they want and I'm sure plenty of 'cis' men couldn't care less (much less with people who have that word in their vocabulary and unironically use it in a sentence) and I'm sure they're not 'butthurt' either (before anyone says that), but what gets me is that it puts up a front of calling itself "openly accepting" and saying "anyone and everyone" when it's not. Just comes off as obnoxiously try-hard and fake.

Of course, I didn't escalate it or say any of that, just the sarcastic "sounds real accepting" comment and it ended there.

AITA?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for my sarcastic response to my coworker about her school?

So I have a co-worker that's an ultra-liberal extreme-PC social justice nut.

No need to read any further, you are the rear end in a top hat. Thanks for playing!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

please skip the stories where the only thing of interest is "their politics have the wrong kind of ram!!!!" ty

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

please skip the stories where the only thing of interest is "their politics have the wrong kind of ram!!!!" ty

I dumped my conservative SO because I'm not backward compatible :smuggo:

Alright it's out of my system.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Xenocides posted:

It probably didn't take a lot to convince her OP would want her there. And she did make the most of the opportunity.

gently caress, that is one of the cruelest things I have seen here. Just wrecking a completely innocent bystander of a 'friend' as a prop.

Wonder how he managed to get his girlfriend to not come.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Blade Runner posted:

They're pretty bad but you can generally assume that people who put them up are normal everyday garbage instead of people like this guy, who is heavily advanced executive garbage

Evolved garbage, like the trash heap pokemon Garbador. Everyone else are simply Trubbish, the trash bag pokemon.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Post to Nextdoor "WHO CAME ON MY loving CAT?!!?"

"IT LOOKS LIKE AN ELEPHANT loving SNEEZED ON IT!"

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Pinecone Sample posted:

That was a whole other prank, she stood outside an empty church for 2 hours before finally going "goddammit, Ryan, not again" and leaving

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

He’s an rear end but she’s stayed friends with the cousin so she probably agreed thinking that it was an actual invite.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

It probably didn't take a lot to convince her OP would want her there. And she did make the most of the opportunity.

gently caress, that is one of the cruelest things I have seen here. Just wrecking a completely innocent bystander of a 'friend' as a prop.

I wonder how he got a girlfriend and easily understand why she did not come:

“Hey beautiful, you know that wedding we are going to. I have an idea. How about instead of taking you I take the groom’s High School girlfriend? You know, the one who was crushed and hurt a lot by the whole thing and how harassed him quite a bit. I come in with her on my arm into what is supposed to be the happiest day of his life and bring all those memories of pain right to the forefront. And the bride, she will get a hearty guffaw over the whole thing, being upstaged by my brilliant wit. Everyone will laugh and clap and TV producers will flock over to offer me my own show. Oh, I am such a funny guy. This will be my big break.”

“How long will you be gone?” (Silently hoping for a big number)

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

“IT LOOKS LIKE AN ELEPHANT loving SNEEZED ON IT!"

“I am not mad. The volume just impressed me. On an unrelated note text me at ********. :wink:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ad090 posted:

'I am hurt by this, but let me tell you about all the kickass mixed drinks and how much everyone liked the donuts! Great wedding! Anyway...'

There needs to be some SixBrownChicks editing software to cut it down to the important bits.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"I got a great idea for a prank, I'm gonna do something that will brutalize a friend of mine emotionally and that couldn't possibly be amusing or enjoyable for anyone"

*Cut to ex openly sobbing at the wedding, a thing that actually happened in the story*

"lmao loving owned"

A. J. Flint
Jun 5, 2019

ParserGirl posted:

If you skimmed those generated legal advice topics, go back and read each one. It's the kind of nonsensical humor that packs such a huge punch.

" I was fired from my life, what can I do?"
:same:

Power Khan posted:

Make her an indoor cat, for starters. That way you'll both reduce the impact of your cat on local wildlife and, if the incident repeats, you can narrow it down to your family members. How fun!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

A. J. Flint posted:

Make her an indoor cat, for starters. That way you'll both reduce the impact of your cat on local wildlife and, if the incident repeats, you can narrow it down to your family members. How fun!

Someone will break into her house to jizz on her cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

Someone will break into her house to jizz on her cat

You seem know a lot about what this guy will do for that sexy cat.