Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

My (25M) estranged biological father (50sM) is expecting another child. He is going to give it exactly the same name as me. Wtf.

u/IWillFindUinRealLife posted:

Title pretty much lays it out but I’ll go into detail.

I was adopted at age 10. My bio parents were drug addicts and after many chances with the state, myself and my siblings were removed from our home and adopted.

As I was pretty old in terms of age of adoption, I kept in touch with my bio family. I didn’t want to lose them just because my bio parents were gently caress ups.

After getting adopted my father tried to clean up, and somewhat recently succeeded, kind of. He kicked the meth addiction and decided to be a drinker instead. Whatever, it’s legal I suppose. My adoptive parents allowed me to have communication with him after I was adopted. However after many relapses and being broken hearted over and over, I decided to cut my bio parents out of my life for good.

It’s been 12 years since I’ve spoken to him. He’s tried to get in touch through other family claiming to be a changed man but I decided long ago that he done hosed up one too many times. He’s out of chances with me.

Anyway, this past weekend, I’m at a wedding of my bio cousin. He was not invited on account of my good relationship with my cousin. She cares more about our relationship than she does about her junkie uncle (my bio dad).

Anyway, while at the wedding, I find out that he is expecting a new child with his much younger and druggie girlfriend. The kicker is he is naming it exactly my name. Like first name, middle and last. It’s loving weird.

I don’t know how to feel about that, I honestly just think it’s moronic and kinda desperate.

My main concern is for this child that hasn’t even been born yet. I don’t want that child (my half brother) to go through what me and my siblings went through. Knowing the kind of man he is and hearing about the mother, I’m all but certain this child has a rough life ahead of him if he’s not placed in a better home. That’s my story and ramble.

I don’t know how to feel, should I be upset or just let this go?

Tl;dr- the title says it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

blugu64 posted:

The only thing car flipper did wrong is not waiting until the kid was gone to let the new owner take possession.

If someone offered you $750 to have a long term fight with your wife, would you take it?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I Was The Fury posted:

My (25M) estranged biological father (50sM) is expecting another child. He is going to give it exactly the same name as me. Wtf.

It's an ID theft thing. Biodad is gonna start opening credit cards using a combo of infant's name/address & OP's social

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

I Was The Fury posted:

Considering the poo poo this person went through, they are pretty well adjusted it seems, so good on them. Sadly, I doubt there would be anything that they would be able to do to help the child.

Cutting that dad out was the best thing this person could have done.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Guess the Fetish:

Wait, You Want Me To Eat WHAT?

I'm a 19 y/o girl, and I've been unofficially dating a 20 y/o guy for about three months. And he's got a strange fetish. Ever heard of vorarephilia / voraphilia? Please, Google at your own risk.

For a little back story, we've known each other about three years and have been together on and off again throughout. He's the sweetest guy I've ever met, and god knows he'd do anything for me.

Before we ever got together, I had a strong sexual attraction to him, most likely because he was someone I couldn't have. You see, I had a boyfriend. But he was abusive, emotionally and physically. Eventually, I broke up with my boyfriend at the time to be with him, and it was great for a while. But mistakes were made and we parted ways for another year and a half. In this time, I went back to abusive ex (long story), the man let it be known that he still had strong feeling for me, and basically stated he didn't want anyone else. We developed a sort of pseudo-relationship, where he'd do all the things a boyfriend would. He'd send me flowers, hold me, take me on dates... But I wasn't ready for an actual relationship, and he accepted that, stating he'd be waiting for when I was able to get over the abusive ex.

And here we are now. We're very open with each other and often discuss our fantasies. And here's where the trouble starts. A few weeks ago, he reluctantly told me his fantasy of vore. In a nutshell, it's where you swallow a person whole while partaking in sex. Now, before you let your mind jump to zombies, he's not into "hard vore" with tearing and chewing. No, he likes what you call "soft vore", where the participants are (usually) willing. Since this is impossible to perform in reality, he assured me it was just something he liked to fantasize about and had no intentions of trying it.

I thought, okay, I can deal with this. Until I coaxed more information out of him, that is. I like to please, so I asked him if there were any other things he liked that we could actually partake in. Nope. Just vore.

And that's when I found out he "wouldn't mind" me swallowing foreign objects. And no, not a marble. Think of those travel sized shampoo bottles. He'd greatly enjoy it if I were to swallow one whole, and watch it go down my throat. I also found out that on occasion, he's lodged foreign objects into his anus to get off. Now I understand butt play, but to him, it's the thought of something you cannot digest INSIDE of him.

I don't understand, Reddit. I'm not sure if this is something I can get over. I can't help but wonder if he's imagining himself sliding down my throat while he watches me eat dinner. Horrible, but true.

Up until now, I've been preparing myself to fully commit to him. The thing is, I no longer find him sexually appealing. I don't know if it was the fetish that killed it or what, but it's gone. What do you think, Reddit? Should I go for it anyway and hope for the best? Run for the hills?

I'm not sure I want to end up in ICU with a spoon lodged down my throat.

TL;DR My boyfriend has a fetish for swallowing (or watching someone else swalow) objects that cannot be digested. Like people. All sexual desire is gone and I'm not sure what to think of this. Help?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vim Fuego posted:

If someone offered you $750 to have a long term fight with your wife, would you take it?

God drat this is a much better way to put something I was trying to express upthread.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

"in MY opinion it is okay that this pregnant woman dresses in a way that she finds comfortable and enjoyable, because it make my pp hard"

You seem incredibly easy to get wound up. I mean, you're being bald-faced trolled and you're still attempting to defend yourself in good faith and get that last word in. I think the other kids wouldn't pick on you so much if you were less defensive and easy to provoke, Jeffrey.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

My [21F] best friend [22F] befriended my childhood bully [25F], doesn't understand why I won't spend time with them

Throwaway just in case.

When I was in middle and high school, my best friend and I were bullied pretty badly by an older girl we knew. She really hosed up both of our self-esteem and framed it as "tough love" from an older sister-like figure. By the time we hit, like, 15/16 years old we had gotten out from under her thumb, but we were picking up the pieces for a long time. To this day, hearing her name can send me into a panic attack, and I have physical scars stemming from her actions.

Recently, this girl approached my best friend and a few other girls that she'd bullied (not including me, mind you) and apologized, saying that she'd been going through a rough patch and that she had changed, and that she wanted to be friends with them. Most of them told her to gently caress off, but my friend agreed, and they've become really close. It's starting to really interfere with my life.

For a bit of background, my friend and I are involved in a fairly niche hobby with a very insular community surrounding it. There are less than 50 people who actively participate in our whole state. She's started inviting our bully to community events, and I've had to skip three events this year because I knew she would be there. This girl isn't able to come often -- she lives out of town and isn't as invested as we are -- but it's becoming a problem for me. I have talked to my friend about this, but she doesn't get why I'm upset. She thinks I'm being childish and that if she could forgive our bully, then I should be able to too. Yes, it's been years, and maybe I should be over it by now, but I'm not, and I don't know how to deal with it. I can't be in the same room as this girl, but my friend insists on dragging her to things that she knows I want to go to! Am I being unreasonable?

TL;DR Best friend befriended our childhood bully and keeps bringing her to events she knows I'll be at even though being around her gives me panic attacks

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenocides posted:

Guess the Fetish:

I'm a 19 y/o girl, and I've been unofficially dating a 20 y/o guy for about three months. And he's got a strange fetish. Ever heard of vorarephilia / voraphilia? Please, Google at your own risk.

For a little back story, we've known each other about three years and have been together on and off again throughout. He's the sweetest guy I've ever met, and god knows he'd do anything for me.

Before we ever got together, I had a strong sexual attraction to him, most likely because he was someone I couldn't have. You see, I had a boyfriend. But he was abusive, emotionally and physically. Eventually, I broke up with my boyfriend at the time to be with him, and it was great for a while. But mistakes were made and we parted ways for another year and a half. In this time, I went back to abusive ex (long story), the man let it be known that he still had strong feeling for me, and basically stated he didn't want anyone else. We developed a sort of pseudo-relationship, where he'd do all the things a boyfriend would. He'd send me flowers, hold me, take me on dates... But I wasn't ready for an actual relationship, and he accepted that, stating he'd be waiting for when I was able to get over the abusive ex.

And here we are now. We're very open with each other and often discuss our fantasies. And here's where the trouble starts. A few weeks ago, he reluctantly told me his fantasy of vore. In a nutshell, it's where you swallow a person whole while partaking in sex. Now, before you let your mind jump to zombies, he's not into "hard vore" with tearing and chewing. No, he likes what you call "soft vore", where the participants are (usually) willing. Since this is impossible to perform in reality, he assured me it was just something he liked to fantasize about and had no intentions of trying it.

I thought, okay, I can deal with this. Until I coaxed more information out of him, that is. I like to please, so I asked him if there were any other things he liked that we could actually partake in. Nope. Just vore.

And that's when I found out he "wouldn't mind" me swallowing foreign objects. And no, not a marble. Think of those travel sized shampoo bottles. He'd greatly enjoy it if I were to swallow one whole, and watch it go down my throat. I also found out that on occasion, he's lodged foreign objects into his anus to get off. Now I understand butt play, but to him, it's the thought of something you cannot digest INSIDE of him.

I don't understand, Reddit. I'm not sure if this is something I can get over. I can't help but wonder if he's imagining himself sliding down my throat while he watches me eat dinner. Horrible, but true.

Up until now, I've been preparing myself to fully commit to him. The thing is, I no longer find him sexually appealing. I don't know if it was the fetish that killed it or what, but it's gone. What do you think, Reddit? Should I go for it anyway and hope for the best? Run for the hills?

I'm not sure I want to end up in ICU with a spoon lodged down my throat.

TL;DR My boyfriend has a fetish for swallowing (or watching someone else swalow) objects that cannot be digested. Like people. All sexual desire is gone and I'm not sure what to think of this. Help?

It’s honestly kind of fascinating to learn that the digestion part is a thing. Because I always wondered how this was anyway different to just fantasizing about being a cannibal. Anyway, get married, take out a good life insurance policy, and encourage him to explore himself.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Xenocides posted:

Guess the Fetish:

I actually got one!

This sounds dangerous as gently caress.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i thought it was all like a symbolic way to work through their rape fantasies thing (in the same sense as Little Red Riding Hood) but who the gently caress knows, shampoo bottles?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i thought it was all like a symbolic way to work through their rape fantasies thing (in the same way that Red Riding Hood is) but who the gently caress knows, shampoo bottles?

You might not like it but the ideal human body is shaped exactly like a travel-sized shampoo bottle

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vim Fuego posted:

It's an ID theft thing. Biodad is gonna start opening credit cards using a combo of infant's name/address & OP's social

This is exactly what's going to happen. I always wondered why my father gave me the same first and middle name as himself, but didn't use Junior or II or anything, until I found out I was already $5000 in debt when I turned eighteen and tried to get a credit card.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Bramble posted:

You seem incredibly easy to get wound up. I mean, you're being bald-faced trolled and you're still attempting to defend yourself in good faith and get that last word in. I think the other kids wouldn't pick on you so much if you were less defensive and easy to provoke, Jeffrey.

what's even the point of trolling if you're just gonna whine about it when somebody bites

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The Bramble posted:

what

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [26M] with my gf [25F] together 2 yrs, I just found out she apparently stalked me for years before we met

quote:

TL;DR girlfriend knew about me and stalked me via social media and random acquaintances 7 years before we met, idk how to feel

My gf and I met nearly a year before we started dating. This was in 2016. We were chatting about some random things recently and I mentioned something from way back in late 2009/early 2010 or so when I was in high school. Then she blurted out some random details about the thing I was talking about. It was like in the movies when one character realizes the other said something they shouldn't know.

I was like, "how do you know about that?" And she tried playing it off like a mutual friend told her except the bulk of our mutual friends didn't know me back then and those that did weren't as close to me back then so they wouldn't have known. I asked her again in a firmer, harder voice how she knew that and she basically burst out into tears and confessed to having stalked me on social media since we were both back in high school.

She saw me on a friend list of a mutual friend and commenting on pics, liked my photos but was too shy to add me so basically just hardcore social media stalked me for years. And even made friends with people I knew in university who were in courses with me and would occasionally ask about me. She knew a lot about my past two relationships in 2009-2011 and 2012 - 2014. At least way more than someone I didn't meet until 2016 should know. She also had lots of pictures saved on her computer from back then. She was pretty much babbling and crying and begging me not to break up with her.

I do not know how to feel. It's been an amazing relationship but now I'm questioning whether that's real. She's a great partner or because she just kind of molded herself to be the sort of person I'd want. It also seriously freaks me out something fierce. And I'm noticing little things - if we've had the occasional argument she's always the first to want to make up, she's ultra affectionate and gets scary jealous of other people. I don't mind these things but now I'm wondering if it's just because she's with me. Like what would she be like with someone she hadn't stalked for years.

I expressed discomfort at how close a friend of hers was [he was crazy in love with her] and she immediately cut him out of her life despite being friends for a decade plus. I had asked her to maybe put a bit of distance there and I remember thinking it was weird she just dropped this guy like she never knew him at all but didn't question it since she said you're much more important to me.

She literally used to look at my facebook and Instagram photos multiple times per day.

I feel so freaked out right now idk how to even properly express it.

But it's a great relationship. With a super stalker.

Part of me wants to break up but the other part wonders if this is just a major bump we'll have to get over with lots of work.

How do I begin to deal with this?

:yikes:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

My LDR Boyfriend of 2 years is starting to hate me for losing weight because he has a fat fetish. [16F] [18M] [Kinda long?]

quote:

When me and my boyfriend first started going out, I weighed around like 220lb. I'm 5'8 and the fat just went all to my boobs and thighs so I don't think I looked funny or anything.

Now, this kid has like. A really intense fat fetish. And vore. Anything with food, bellies and fatties turns him on like no tomorrow. And I'm cool with that because hey, I'm a big girl and I fuckin love food.

But I was being heavily bullied about my size by teachers, clothes never fit me right so I looked funny (Plus size clothing isn't frilly and cute. And it's expensive.). I had a pilonidal cyst as well that couldn't heal because I was so like, dense. Tight butt. It couldn't breathe.

I decided to lose weight, so I would be around 160lb because I was pretty stable at that weight (before comfort eating and depression but thats another story) but I was seriously afraid of his reaction. He has Autism, and he's kinda fixated on this fetish so I was scared that he'd hate me forever and go after someone else.

And now, well, he kind of does hate me.

I think during the time I was losing weight (I was around 198lb, just starting to lose) I found out he was sexting one of his friends. Like, hey i'm the fat girl woohoo stuff my tummy and gently caress me senseless while i squish squash my belly

I was furious about this because, what the hell yo thats kind of cheating dont sext with another dude thats hella rude gently caress. He apologized but kept doing it over. I think he stopped now, not sure but I get really paranoid when he talks to his friends...

As I lost more weight, I was feeling insecure thinking he would leave me and cheat on me, but at the same time I felt so good losing weight and having my butt thing heal! I felt good wearing nice cutesy J-Fashion clothing! I felt so good, I actually started taking more selfies.

But he hated it. Today, he told me how selfish it was for me to lose all of this weight, that I never considered him and should keep gaining. He went on and on about how my weight loss made him depressed and how if I lost more, it meant I was listening to other people and not him. How I have to have a pear shaped body when I gain weight, but when I gain weight it goes all over my torso. In an ugly way.

And he kept going on and on, despite me telling him I'm only 178 - 185lb (didnt check, i flucuate a lot with my weight), my tummy still puffs out, and my breast are still large. But it's not good enough for him. It never is. I can't please him!

He said that I was manipulating him into liking smaller girls, but all I did was ask him if he was ok with me shedding a few pounds and if I still look nice. But today he just went ballistic. He doesn't even want to come and visit me now, because I'll just make him feel worse.

But I really want him to visit, we haven't closed the distance and we are SO close to seeing each other. But he doesn't want to. Not until I go back to 220lb or even higher! What he doesn't even understand is that if he came here in person, he could REALLY see that I'm still big! It's hard to tell with just a crappy iPhone camera.

I'm just so confused. I had to calm him down by saying yes I will gain some pounds if it makes you happy. He calmed down and went to sleep. That was it. All that tearing my self confidence apart and being furious over something so pathethic, all of that "You want to please me but you can't because you're going against what I like for selfish reasons. That's backwards as hell." "You're going against who you are for the sake of other people." "You're manipulating me into liking something I don't, and that's hosed up."

I'm still a thick girl no mattr how much I lose. That's a fact. If I hit 160lb, which is where I stayed for a while, I'd still have curves and tummy. He doesn't believe me. I want to stay in this relationship. He'll only stay if I cater to his kink, which I already am!

What the gently caress do I do????
tl;dr i lost weight and he thinks im selfish and manipulative, how the hell do i calm him down and realize i'm still thick and beautiful despite losing a few pounds

EDIT sorry for not responding to everyone! thank you for all the help. i decided to take a little break from the relationship for like a few weeks or so and see how everything goes, and if he treats me like poo poo again i'm breaking up with him. wish me luck!

I hope she grows out of it.

And yuck, she was 14 when this started.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [26M] with my gf [25F] together 2 yrs, I just found out she apparently stalked me for years before we met

Usually I would advise him to break up, but in this case it just leads to him being chained up in a basement, so stay with her until one of you dies I guess

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Nah, not a major problem...unless you break up. Just don't break up ever, you hear me? and everything's going to be just fine.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Hand grenades are actually very safe as long as you don't stop gripping

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Sorry to break the illusion but if this is the USA no matter the cuisine if you can't see the kitchen everyone in there is Mexican.

There are large sections of the country with practically no Mexicans whatsoever.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tythas posted:

sorting by controversial normally means it got a lot of "downvotes" or people thought that the OP was a grade A dirtbag

also no one was on OP's side

Incidentally this is why the admins of the sub try to discourage people from voting down the rear end in a top hat posts because then they get pushed down in the default sorting

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xenocides posted:

Guess the Fetish:

also holy lol the comments on this thing, she really riled up reddit user MrVoreGuy

quote:

Okay so let me see if I have this summered up:

Girl puts up with abusive boyfriend who treats her like garbage. Girl ignores the nice, loving man who offers her support. Girl dumps abusive boyfriend who treats her like garbage - but gets back with him shortly thereafter. Girl cuddles loving man, lets him buy her stuff, and uses him for emotional support while gives him blue balls. Girl dates loving man. Loving man has a fetish for watching her eat. Girl has a problem with his desire.

Basically you should dump him. You're a hosed up person and he deserves better for being a saint through this whole thing.

quote:

It amazes me how stupid and out of touch with men girls are our society.

Look, if he's dating you, he doesn't want to be your "friend". If he was really important to you, you wouldn't have a problem with his innocent fantasy. Instead, you only care about yourself and the emotional support he provides you. You don't value your friendship with him - you value all the things he does for you.

You're a loving oval office, I hope you kill yourself.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Xenocides posted:

My LDR Boyfriend of 2 years is starting to hate me for losing weight because he has a fat fetish. [16F] [18M] [Kinda long?]

I hope she grows out of it.

And yuck, she was 14 when this started.

I feel like every single sentence of this one contained a buried lede. I'm astounded

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tythas posted:

Another RACIST post

AITA for asking a different employee prepare my food?
here honey you have the food prepared by the white dude, only the best for me

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

Serious question. WIBTA if i told an adult smoking at an outdoor kid's playground to take it elsewhere? That pisses me off.

I've had a long running disagreement with mrs bastard related to this question. She loves eating on the patio when we go out and it never bothered her before that that's where all the smokers have been exiled to (I smoked when we were dating, coincidentally) Now that we have kids, on the rare occasion we get to go out she still wants to sit on the patio and I'm like, we really shouldn't take the kids out there around that. Her stance is that they can quit smoking while we're around but I don't really think that's fair to them for us to barge in like that. :shrug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
exile all smokers to Australia imo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think your kids can probably handle the smell of smoke outside? It's not like you're hotboxing a car with them in there. That's my read there, maybe the thing is smaller than I'm imagining, but I can't imagine a few whiffs are gonna do much of anything.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for testing a stranger's character and asking to borrow something harmless?

quote:

I was at Taco Bell today behind a family of 5, and there was nobody else in line. The father ended up showing the cashier a "discount card" to get 10% off the total. It's a local thing that people sell as a fundraiser thing. I've got one, myself.

As he was finishing his transaction and everyone else was getting drinks, he put his credit card into the chip reader. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "May I please borrow your card?" He laughed derisively and looked at me funny and said no. I clarified that I meant the discount card, not the credit card, and was met with another derisive laugh as he took his card out and walked away.

I held up my card to the cashier and told her that I had the card, I was just testing him to see if he would let me borrow it. I figured it would be harmless, since it literally costs him nothing to let me use it. Given his reaction, though, I might have been out of line.

I accept your judgment, and if found guilty of being the rear end in a top hat here, I will make penance.

AITA for not letting the mother of my daughter visit her unless she pays me $20,000?

quote:

I have a 16 year old daughter and I became a single father at 19. The mother, my girlfriend at the time, became pregnant and didn't want to keep the child. We can argue about abortion or whatever but I urged her not to. I am pro-choice but when it was my own child on the line, I had a change of heart. I was a dumb teen but I don't regret my actions.

We paid her and her family $20,000 to bring the pregnancy to term and relinquish parental rights. She jumped for joy at this so we thought we "won" but throughout the whole pregnancy she threatened to go get a termination or sign our kid over for adoption. After a while we broke up because she was being very dark and manipulative, trying to squeeze more money out of our deal.

To make a long story short, she ended up bringing the baby to term, signed away her parental rights, and I became lone guardian of a daughter. Over the years I never mentioned her mother to her anything but the facts: her mother didn't want to have a child so she left and her mother was abusive to me during the pregnancy. We only told her when she was old enough, too.

Mother contacts me through Facebook two weeks ago asking if she can visit her daughter. This is our first communication in 16 years. She never expressed interest in rejoining her life, we basically stopped talking a day after she was born. I asked my daughter who is old enough to make her own decisions on what to do, and she said she has no interest. Just to stop the conversation because I know she'd say no, I told my ex she could visit if she paid us the $20,000 back.

Besides convincing my ex to bring a pregnancy to term she didn't want to, AITA?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
My husband’s ex won’t leave

quote:

When I met my husband 10 years ago, he had been divorced for two years. “Lindy” turned into a party girl after their divorce. Never around for the kids and very flaky. We have custody of their two children. Lindy was out of the picture for years, but she reemerged and texted my husband. She says she’s changed her focus in life and is getting herself together. She told my husband that she’s moving to Australia to start a new job and new healthy life. A few weeks later, I come home from work and find Lindy in my house having a glass of wine. My husband took me aside and told me that Lindy will be staying in our guest room for three weeks. He said her lease was up and this arrangement is temporary, and it will help her to save money until she leaves for Australia. I was upset that he didn’t consult me on it, but I let it go.

It’s now three months later and Lindy’s “job” keeps getting pushed back. I don’t think it ever existed. The worst part is I feel totally pushed out of my own family. My husband works from home so he is hanging around all day with his ex. I come home from work to find my husband sitting down with Lindy (and sometimes the kids), having dinner that she made, laughing at their old jokes, and having a wonderful time. Lindy also does my husband’s laundry, then says, “You are so busy. I don’t mind.” But I do! My stepdaughter has always had a picture of her mom in her bedroom, which is fine with me, but now it’s in our living room! And the last straw—I came home and found my husband in bed reading, as Lindy was organizing our closet! “It’s such a mess. Let me help.” My skin crawls at the thought of her looking through all my things.

I’ve spoken to my husband and he says it’s cute that I’m being jealous. He also said that he’s not going to put the mother of his children out on the street, nor pay for a motel. I want her out of my life and my husband and stepkids back, and my husband is doing nothing about it. I don’t know how much longer I can hang on, and I’m thinking that’s what she wants—to slip into my life as I slam the door behind me. Help, please.
Lindy is grateful you did so much to keep her spot warm, all she asks is that you have the barest of manners and fade into the background quietly. What's the matter with you that you can't respect such a simple request?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

also holy lol the comments on this thing, she really riled up reddit user MrVoreGuy

that's a lol from me

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think your kids can probably handle the smell of smoke outside? It's not like you're hotboxing a car with them in there. That's my read there, maybe the thing is smaller than I'm imagining, but I can't imagine a few whiffs are gonna do much of anything.
I'm talking about literally playing ON the playground with their kids with a cig hanging out their mouth. Either way, I don't think anybody should be exposing kids to 2nd hand smoke.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

:chloe: slowly getting bigger

no don't you'll turn him on

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm talking about literally playing ON the playground with their kids with a cig hanging out their mouth. Either way, I don't think anybody should be exposing kids to 2nd hand smoke.
I'm talking about the guy spending mealtime on the patio, not trying to comment on this one. I don't think secondhand smoke is a particularly big deal outside, there's no way anyone else is inhaling an appreciable quantity of smoke, but that does sound a little thoughtless.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tythas posted:

AITA for testing a stranger's character and asking to borrow something harmless?

literally all this guy's other posts are obsessing about silver so p sure he's just a wicked fairy

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 11, 2019

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

AITA for eating my husbands donut?

quote:

Husband brought home a few donuts last night from a meeting and we had a fun pig out session. There was one left and he said that he was going to eat it in the morning. I woke up this morning and saw the sprinkled, maple goodness in the box and devoured it in two bites. My husband got up and was like “hey where’s my donut?” In his adorable, Whiney, disappointed voice. I started gently (or so I thought) teasing him because it was really cute.

Finally he actually snapped at me “Haily, you ate my loving donut when you knew I wanted it and it’s super lovely of you to make fun of me for calling you on it!” He left and slammed the door.

Seriously, was I the rear end in a top hat for eating the donut? Was it really that big of a deal?

She's an rear end in a top hat for eating it

AITA for spiking my vegan younger sister? I did it with good intentions. (I edited this for readability)

quote:

So my younger sister has been on a vegan diet for the past few months. She is unhealthy right now and doesn't eat any of the food my mom cooks, she keeps buying crap from outside. I have a great relationship with her and care about her a lot. She is literally not getting a balanced diet and is always tired and stays in bed a lot. Also I don't really like the views and beliefs of most vegans, I don't want my sister to watch vegan youtubers who not only spread a dangerous lies about the 'benefit' of the diet but they also try to impose their political views and they are usually nihilistic and child-free.

I used to be a vegan at one point so I know everything about this stuff and I also know that it's just a phase that most people who go through it will grow out of. 84% of vegans return to meat within a year and I know my sister will soon just like I did so I figured it would not be a big deal to try and make it happen sooner. My parents don't know what I did but they wouldn't think it was a big deal. I remember talking to a girl on twitter a while back about cravings and she told me she still has cravings whenever she's around people eating meat or diary products due to the smell so she tries to keep a distance. I know most vegans still crave non-vegan food hence why they are desperate for substitutes but the substitutes don't have the nutrients we need. Anyway my sister as usual keeps her tomato pasta's in the fridge so in the morning I decide to put some cheese inside it and hope that she would not notice but this will trigger her cravings.

I was in a discussion on a Christian website and I mentioned it and somebody replied to me saying it is wrong to "violate people's bodily autonomy." I've heard similar language used by people when speaking about crimes like гаpe and this got me thinking how serious is this? I wanted to know what people outside of my social sphere thought because even those within it are condemning my actions. I honestly did not think it was much of a big deal, if someone did it to me while I was vegan I would not hold it against them if their intentions were good.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Tythas posted:

AITA for not letting the mother of my daughter visit her unless she pays me $20,000?

Posts like this one I don't get. It's like the opposite of the validation posts. There is no way anyone would side with him in this one, he makes sure of it by adding little details to make sure he's a dick, so why post it?

Soon we will find out all of the real posts on reddit are ones from people who get off on the embarrassment and harassment of the other posters.

EDIT: It's like that with the mom who forced her daughter to watch a movie and took her tablet away when she was working. She goes out of her way in that one to make sure we get she's a petty shithead, why do that?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Tythas posted:

She's an rear end in a top hat for eating it

"Fun pig out session"? Jesus, how fat is this couple?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Posts like this one I don't get. It's like the opposite of the validation posts. There is no way anyone would side with him in this one, he makes sure of it by adding little details to make sure he's a dick, so why post it?

Soon we will find out all of the real posts on reddit are ones from people who get off on the embarrassment and harassment of the other posters.

EDIT: It's like that with the mom who forced her daughter to watch a movie and took her tablet away when she was working. She goes out of her way in that one to make sure we get she's a petty shithead, why do that?

I was with him until he asked for the money up until that point he wasn't the rear end in a top hat

Leon Einstein posted:

"Fun pig out session"? Jesus, how fat is this couple?

it could have been a box of six donuts or 12 donuts it's not really a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Tythas posted:

lol i antagonized my husband and he didn’t like it??