Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Spaced God posted:

Aren't a huge portion of 911 calls butt dials? I remember reading an article about that being a huge problem

i also remember some thing about people calling 911 when they buy a new cell phone cause they have to be able to call 911 even if they're not activated

which, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh God, a Facebook friend just updated his Facebook status to "In an open relationship with (person)"

Didn't know that was a thing on Facebook

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making my pizza really spicy so my gf would stop eating it?
She gets home and does the same thing “oh I’m just gonna be naughty and have a piece hahaha’. Anyway she has the pizza and it is way too spicy for her that she has trouble breathing and her nose bleeds a bit.

I gotta try that hot sauce.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Miserable Maid posted:

I assume Women's clothing designers are just a secret society bent on making girls and women suffer for no reason

Nice username/post combo, also I'm pretty sure the only inaccurate part here is 'secret'.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

MagusofStars posted:

If there’s a room in hell for calling 9-1-1 instead of the non-emergency line, it’ll contain like half of the US population because any 9-1-1 operator can tell you that they get bullshit non-emergencies all the time. There’s a sizable percentage of the population that doesn’t even know the Non-Emergency Line is a thing.

Yes I know this that's exactly why I hate it

The use of 911 as the end-all be-all reaction to everything is bullshit that is connected to people trying to weaponize the police and public services against the poor

That room in hell exists, and it is JAM. PACKED.

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

aita for not clapping or standing for a military reunion?

How dare he insult the American Civil Religion

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I found the ultimate "but what I'd you swap the genders involved" post
AITA For exclaiming "Jesus woman" after seeing a video of a female severely overreacting in an inappropriate manner?

quote:

Edit: I know this is dumb, I was more just looking for an explanation of why one expression would be okay and the other wouldn't from someone who thinks I am the rear end in a top hat.

TL;dr: I think it's okay to exclaim "Jesus woman, why would you do/say that?" (depending on the context), as one would exclaim "Jesus man, why would you do/say that?". My friend completely disagrees (as so do a few other people I know) and think that is never okay to say "Jesus woman....." regardless of the situation. However they are6 completely okay with the use of "Jesus man.....", and when asked why one is okay but not the other, they couldn't come up with an answer.

One of my friends showed me a video I'm sure some of you have at least heard of; it's the video where a woman starts yelling and accusing a man of sexual harrassment after he says his name is "Hugh Mungus" as a harmless dad joke.

After being shown this video, I said something along the lines of "Jesus woman, there was no need for a reaction like that. There were like a million different ways you could've better handled that situation"

I used "Jesus woman" as an exclamation, such as one would with "Jesus man, why would you do that". However, despite explaining this, my friend got semi mad and said "You can't say that". He was, however, completely okay with the exclamation "Jesus man, why would you do that". When I asked him why one was okay and not the other, he couldn't think of a reason, but he still thought that what I said was wrong.

So I'm wondering, am I the rear end in a top hat for saying what I did (with the context that I said in it). I'm completely okay with being the rear end in a top hat, as long as I'm given a proper reason as why it's completely okay to say "Jesus man" but not "Jesus woman". The reason also has to have a reasonable explanation, not just saying it's not okay to say "Jesus woman".

(I do realize that maybe using "Jesus woman" may be seen as inappropriate in regards to the reason I said it, but then again if it were a man in the video that was overreacting, the majority of people I know would've been okay with me saying "Jesus man....")

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Reddit. am I an rear end in a top hat? If you say "yes" you must prove your answer using pure mathematics.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Boyfriend of three years (29M) wants to move his female coworker in (25F) in because he needs her.

quote:

My boyfriend just moved into a new house and wants his female coworker to move in with him. He’s been struggling with his motivation to work a few months now. He owns his own business. Sometimes this coworker would come over to help with production. I have a history with this woman because she made up a lie about me to my boyfriend in the past . I’ve made it clear that I really don’t want this person around me ,but also felt that it wasn’t my place to say who he should and shouldn’t have working for him. Today, my boyfriend told me that he wants her to move in because this will be the (only) thing that will motivate him to work. I told him that I was absolutely not comfortable with the idea. I'll also add that we don't live together. It would be just her, him, and his uncle in a three bedroom house. He lashed out on me and told me that I’m forcing him to make sacrifices and swaying the direction of his life. He claims that he’s been extremely depressed and unmotivated (which is all true) and that this person will help motivate him because of their work ethic. He also says that he plans to go into business with her in some other way...and if she doesn’t live there it wouldn’t be worth it because they’d only be able to meet late at night and she’d end up not working with him (which he really needs) I told him she should move closer or some other alternative solution. Here’s the thing, I absolutely don’t want to stand in the way of anyone’s success. I feel like I’m in a losing situation either way. If I say okay, I’ll be placing myself in a very uncomfortable situation. If I say no, then he’ll resent me and I’ll be the one standing in his way. I also feel that it’s kind of bullshit to not have any alternative solutions. I really don’t think it’s necessary to live with your co worker. Then again he claims that he only wants her there for work and that this is about the success of his company. So in essence, I’m not supporting his dreams or future. Just to give an update. I told him I was done with the relationship and he basically started crying and offered to put cameras in the house??? I’m just so confused.

TL;DR boyfriend wants to move his female coworker into his house because he needs her.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for banning fast food from the house because of my diet?

quote:

Y’all, I used to be 430 lbs and over the last 6 months I’ve lost nearly 160 lbs. I’m the smallest I’ve EVER been my adult life and I am LOVING it.

My husband and I have been married 7 years and he has been super duper supportive and loving and encouraging, but he is also on the husky side and the man looooooves his fast food every week or so.

I have been craving McDonald’s, kfc, all that gorgeous greasy fatty goodness and because my diet is doing so well I put a blanket ban on all fast food in the house.

At first my man was 100% for it and told me whatever made my life easy but for the last month or so he’s been wanting to get fast food and I’ve told him he’s welcome to go eat out or in the car but it’s not coming in the house. He’s been getting frustrated with me and said it’s his house too and he should be allowed to eat KFC without me telling him ‘no’. In fairness to him he’s respected the rule and I know for a fact he’s not snuck it in the house.

I love him and really do feel bad but my friends are really encouraging and keep telling me he needs to deal with it. Am I really a monster? Should I just relent and let him get the occasional fast food?

EDIT: Guys I’m deeply humbled by your responses. Platinum?! Silver!?? I don’t deserve that. There so many more interesting AITA posts on here but I have cried tears of happiness over how amazing each of y’all on here are!! THANK YOU. I am grateful.

AITA for telling my wife she's selfish for refusing to make our son a non-vegan birthday cake

quote:

My wife has been vegetarian-ish as long as I've known her (ten years), but last fall she made the leap to full vegan. I was (and am) very supportive of her not eating meat before the change and have been very supportive of her since then.

We have three kids aged 7 to 1. My wife and I agreed that, while veganism is the right way for ethically conscious adults, it currently does not meet the nutritional needs of growing children in the same way an omnivorous diet does. We've seen the horror stories of children and pets starving and dying at the hands of vegan parents and are staying far from that. Our agreement means our kids eat a regular omni diet and my wife doesn't have to prepare any meat. Simple.

My middle kid will be five next week and my wife is spearheading the whole event. Today she started trying out cake recipes. I'm usually the taster and provide feedback as honestly as I can. Tonight there was a cake cooling and she told me she'd let me try it as soon as it cooled and she'd made frosting.

I tried the cake. It was off. I was confused for a moment, then it hit me.

Me - "Did you adapt this recipe to make it vegan?"

Her - "Yeah I figured I needed to start now if I wanted to have something workable by the party."

I put the cake down. "Why are you making a vegan cake? None of the children are vegan."

She became defensive. "I wanted to make sure there were options, I don't know what everybody's diet is like."

Me - "Are you making a non-vegan cake?"

Her - "No I just wanted to make something everybody could eat."

Me - "You're the only vegan who will be at the party."

Her - "You don't know that, other parents could be too."

Me - "But none of the kids are."

Her - "So what? I'm going to be at the party too."

Me - "Right, but it's not your party and you're not a guest. You forcing everybody to eat vegan when it's not your birthday is extremely selfish."

This turned into a fight. I'm an rear end in a top hat, she's disconnected and selfish. She refuses to see how her refusing to make anything not vegan for our child's birthday isn't insane. Finally she told me that I should make the loving cake and stormed out of the room and refuses to talk to me. She's set up shop in the guest room and I'm sleeping alone tonight.

I'll admit to saying petty poo poo as she walked away. "Can you even hear yourself? "Hey kids, the only cake is vegan, there are no alternatives. I'm not forcing veganism on you, but if you don't choose the vegan option then you get nothing. Happy birthday son.""

I will make the cake, I don't have a problem with that. I'm not half as talented but I've done it before and I'll do my best. My son is starting kindergarten in the fall, I know he's nervous and I want him to feel confident and excited with all his friends around him.

AITA for telling my wife she's selfish for refusing to make our son a non-vegan birthday cake?

Edit: Seeing all of the responses to this post has made me take a hard look at my position. I still think it's dumb that she is refusing to consider a non-vegan cake, but all year our kids have gone to birthday parties and she's had to stand quietly aside, eating nothing, having no cake. I understand how ostracized she has felt and she just wants to be included. I'm going to apologize to her and help her make the best vegan cake as best I can. I'll make a non-vegan to go with it, it won't be good but it'll be there. I love my wife and this isn't the hill I want to die on.

Say what you want, but to me this is a NAH situation. Thanks for helping me come to my senses.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

ad090 posted:

Boyfriend of three years (29M) wants to move his female coworker in (25F) in because he needs her.

She needs to Pete the gently caress out of there and soon.

Also who eats fast food in the house? Like it’s stuff you buy to eat on the go or while out surely. Do people really take it home to eat? Doesn’t it get cold?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

She needs to Pete the gently caress out of there and soon.

Also who eats fast food in the house? Like it’s stuff you buy to eat on the go or while out surely. Do people really take it home to eat? Doesn’t it get cold?

PSA Don't eat while driving.

I normally take mine home to eat but then all the fast food places are close to my home an the food is still hot

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

monkeytennis posted:

Do people really take it home to eat? Doesn’t it get cold?

lol if you don't live within a short walk or drives distance to a mcdonalds

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

AITA for refusing to destroy photos of my ex-husband now that she is a woman?

quote:

I got divorced 4 years ago and my former husband has since transitioned and is living as a woman. We are still friends and I have been supportive during her transition. It has been a strange and difficult process in some ways but in other ways it is clear that she is a lot better off now.

She is trying to make a "clean slate" of things and says she wants new people she meets to know her as a woman. It's not so much about lying to people or pretending she was never a man, she just doesn't want them to see it. So part of that is she apparently doesn't feel comfortable with having photos on social media of the way she looked as a man.

She asked me to go through all my profiles and delete every old photo that has her in it. She even asked me to delete photos off my phone, and even to get rid of some random photos I have in my house. Like they are sitting there in a photo frame and she wants me to throw it out. I said no, I'm not deleting any of it. It's like three years of my life that she is basically asking me to pretend it never happened. She is mad at me. I told her no one is looking at my old social media photos but I guess it is a matter of principle for her. It's become a matter of principle for me too. She's like Stalin getting me to erase her from history. Am I the rear end in a top hat for leaving them up? No one's looking at them anyway!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tythas posted:

Stalin, famous transgender leader.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This bitch dialed 911 because someone threw her folding chair over a fence

Someone in an emergency situation could very well have had to wait momentarily for resources while this was dealt with

Couldn't be bothered to find the non-emergency line to dial

There's a room in hell for you lady
This was a real long time ago, but I was told to call 911 and not the non-emergency number in a similar situation. IIRC, some dude threw my bike against a tree and broke something on it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [29/M] am concerned my penpal friend [37/F] is possibly a white supremacist or neo-Nazi

quote:

We have been exchanging both handwritten letters and messages for approximately 8 months so far. We live in different countries and it has been a really great experience. My penpal and I have always enjoyed an open, non-judgemental correspondence - important elements to have considering she is in prison.

Our communication is usually about 95% uplifting, empowering, positive type content. We are both in difficult situations in life, and have bonded a little over that aspect of things. She has really helped me improve my mental health, outlook on life and it has been incredibly comforting talking to someone in such an open way, while also sharing a bit of cultural exchange at the same time.

I was telling one of my other friends about it, and she thought it was great we had established this strong friendship. However, when I mentioned a particular passage from one of her letters, alarm bells rang for her.

It had been in relation to something she had said when discussing music in one of her letters. We both love AC/DC. Apparently, one of the other women in her facility had mentioned to her that she didn't like this band. Her response had been something like, "where is your white pride?!"

To me, that didn't really mean much to me - I just thought it was perhaps a bit of a strange thing to say in the context. I just figured well there is black pride, gay pride, I guess white pride too?

My friend then quickly explained just what 'white pride' means and all the major issues surrounding this. I had been completely unaware and naive in relation to the possible implications of that.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, this friendship has grown to mean quite a lot to me and has been helping me through a difficult time in life - I don't like just throwing important friendships away in life - as good friends, don't come along all that often, right?

Are there subtle questions or directions I could take in messages and emails that could enable me to gain a better insight into any potential racist beliefs of hers?

Keeping in mind, all letters are also read by prison staff etc - I don't particularly want to be just like "So are you a neo-Nazi?" I'd rather just investigate that avenue in a more sensitive type of way, so that I can actually confirm either way if there's a possibility of all this. Any ideas, suggestions or advice people have is much appreciated!

Thank you :)

TL;DR Prison penpal mentioned "white pride" in relation to AC/DC and I don't know if this means she is a white supremacist. Don't know how to proceed in sensitively confirming whether or not she is.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Vegan desserts are normally fine, cake is primarily flour and sugar. So you use oil instead of butter, and I dunno something else instead of egg and it's 90% of the way there or more. Let her have the vegan cake and if you must have something non vegan get a Betty crocker mix and make one yourself. It's like 3 dollars and zero effort and five year olds won't notice the difference. It seems like the dumbest thing to fight about.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

That is a fair comparison under the circumstances, since it is literally historical revision through destroying historical documents. But anyway, sorry, you don't have the right to tell other people to remake their narrative. You can ask them to, and hopefully they will, but they have a right to have record of and accurately talk about their lived experience if they choose to.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Tythas posted:

First, they're the rear end in a top hat cause really, how does it really affect them? Or why not keep some photos and hide them away and not tell their ex? Like the dude who paid his girlfriend 20K to have a baby she didn't want even though he states he was pro-choice, in the moment they found out they aren't actually as woke as they think they are.

Second, to credit the OP, they are actually being a hell of a lot better about it (if they are to be believed in how they treat their ex) than most people would be, sad they can't just do this too.

Finally, I know Stalin probably did everything in his power to change the narrative to make him look good, but he never tried to erase himself from history as far as I know.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I am [21 F] Dating a Muslim man [21 M] and having a few concerns about his commitment to his religion and the future of our relationship. Don’t know the best way to discuss this without sounding insensitive.

quote:

I’ve been dating my BF for 7 months. He is Muslim and was born in Syria but came to Canada in 2009 (he still has a slight accent). WE met in university and he is a really sweet guy and I really fell in love him and enjoy spending time with him.

My concerns about the relationship without sounding too judgmental are that I’m unsure of the actual future of our relationship. Although I wouldn't call him a fundamentalist, he seems to reasonably religious. He tries to go to the mosque every Friday and does not eat pork and prefers to eat halal meat but he does occasionally drink which I know is against his religion. I’m a vegetarian so him not eating pork and meat much doesn’t bother me at all. It’s currently Ramadan and he is fasting and praying 5 times a day. He says he can’t kiss me during daylight hours which is a bit annoying but I’m fine with that. I’ve tried to be supporting and fast with him at times.

My concerns are that I’m a bit confused on the status of our relationship. His parents don’t know about me at all which is a red flag to me. I’ve asked if they would be against him being with a non-Muslim and he said they would prefer him with a Muslim but it’s technically allowed for a Muslim to marry a Christian (I guess I’m technically Catholic but I don’t really practice it).

So I’ve done research on Islam and stuff and I learned that technically Muslims aren’t supposed to date at all. He didn’t tell me that. Obviously he ignores that (we’ve had sex) but I worry what happens if his parents find out we are dating. I’ve also learned that it’s relatively common occurrence for Muslim guys to date non-muslim girls for the experience but then dump them for a Muslim girl hat is arranged by their family. This really worried me and I kinda tried to tell him that it hurts that his parents don’t know about me and he just laughed and said it wasn’t like that, but his parents are annoying and really religious and there’s not point introducing them to a girl unless he’s about to marry her. To be fair to him I have met his 14-year-old sister (although he didn’t introduce me as his girlfriend) I have also met many of his friends, some of whom are Muslim and they know we are together however the fact that he refuses to even tell his parents that we are dating is very concerning to me.

I also have some issues some of the actual doctrine of the Islam that I read especially in relation to women and other things they are allowed to do and not to do. I kinda want to get a basis on what he believes and what he doesn’t but I don’t want to come across like some annoying white girl quizzing him or testing his devotion to his religion. What is the best way to do this?

Of course I also have questions about how he would want to raise kids religiously and stuff which is important to me but I feel it’s too early for that and I don’t want to scare him off.

To conclude I want advice on the best way to approach my concerns with him without appearing insensitive of his religion and without seeming like I am rushing the relationship?

tl;dr: I have a muslim boyfreind and having a few concerns about his commitment to his religion and the future of our relationship since his parents do not know we are together. Don’t know the best way to discuss this without sounding insensitive

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

First, they're the rear end in a top hat cause really, how does it really affect them? Or why not keep some photos and hide them away and not tell their ex? Like the dude who paid his girlfriend 20K to have a baby she didn't want even though he states he was pro-choice, in the moment they found out they aren't actually as woke as they think they are.

Second, to credit the OP, they are actually being a hell of a lot better about it (if they are to be believed in how they treat their ex) than most people would be, sad they can't just do this too.

Finally, I know Stalin probably did everything in his power to change the narrative to make him look good, but he never tried to erase himself from history as far as I know.

It's literally a reference to a famous photo set where individuals standing around Stalin were periodically wiped out as they lost standing in the regime.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

That is a fair comparison under the circumstances, since it is literally historical revision through destroying historical documents. But anyway, sorry, you don't have the right to tell other people to remake their narrative. You can ask them to, and hopefully they will, but they have a right to have record of and accurately talk about their lived experience if they choose to.

You know I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a transgender person wanting reminders of their dysphoria removed is a pretty unfair comparison to a dictator murdering his rivals for power and editing the historical narrative so they never helped him.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Stalin would get his guys to erase people that fell out of favor with him in photos; hence the Stalin reference.

For example:

That cosmonaut got booted from the Soviet space program, so he was taken out of any and all photos

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

chitoryu12 posted:

I [29/M] am concerned my penpal friend [37/F] is possibly a white supremacist or neo-Nazi

How in the hell can anyone in 2019 not be aware of what white pride means?

Hot take though, I'd say stay being their penpal and help them through a terrible time in their life and maybe with your positive vibes and values be a positive change for that person's life. Of course, this OP may not be able to do that now that he has to grapple with this whole white pride is racism thing he just found out about.

EDIT: sorry, I guess I just parsed it wrong in my mind. I took it as Stalin erasing himself from pictures.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 12, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a reference to a practice which is an unnecessary comparison since people get the idea without needing the visual:

But you have a right to keep your photos of your own past whether someone else likes it or not. I'd say an estranged parent has the right to keep photos of kids they went on to abuse, as well. You're allowed to keep an accurate record of your life.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

even though he states he was pro-choice, in the moment they found out they aren't actually as woke as they think they are.
Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion. Not favoring an abortion doesn't make one less pro-choice either.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So, I am reading the GSR Trans thread slowly to get more versed in these issues. For me it seems like neither person is the rear end in a top hat? The ex has every right to want pictures of her old self gone from her view and the view of others. To me, the OP has every right to want to keep photos of her previous marriage, which presumably meant something to her. If they are still friends and the ex comes to the house at all, it would make sense for her to remove framed photos and put them in an album for herself.

She should definitely remove the social media photos, however.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Wait how did Stalin do that without photoshop?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hellblazer187 posted:

magic

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

Photo manipulation has existed basically since the dawn of photos. It just involved stuff like hand painting or multiple exposures.

There's a famous hoax where photos were made of two girls with fairies that were obviously just cardboard cutouts or exposure tricks and they admitted to it later in life, but a lot of people (including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) took them at face value.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 12, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Sounds like he did an excellent job of hiding his pre-transition past!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Tythas posted:

I think deleting the photos from social media is a fair enough ask, but the rest goes too far (and is probably unhealthy). Even without the specifics of this story, if a huge amount of your photos are with an ex it is probably best to download and delete them from social media when you become single anyway.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

You know I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a transgender person wanting reminders of their dysphoria removed is a pretty unfair comparison to a dictator murdering his rivals for power and editing the historical narrative so they never helped him.

Pick posted:

It's literally a reference to a famous photo set where individuals standing around Stalin were periodically wiped out as they lost standing in the regime.

It's a fair comparison - she can ask, but the OP is absolutely 100% in their right to refuse. You can't just delete history because it doesn't fit your own image.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I think you're kind of an rear end in a top hat if you refuse to remove pictures of a friend from social media who asks seriously. Whether it's because they used to be fat, or because they are concerned that it looks like they used to party so hard, or because they were pre-transition.

The rest of the request is over the top, so maybe it's a principled stand. You can also be an rear end in a top hat when taking a principled stand so shrug emoji

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Hellblazer187 posted:

ice axe

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kru posted:

It's a fair comparison - she can ask, but the OP is absolutely 100% in their right to refuse. You can't just delete history because it doesn't fit your own image.

Some American textbooks teach that the Civil War was because of state’s rights, so yeah, you pretty much can

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
WIBTA if I demand my commander have my coworker remove their sticker from their locker?

quote:

Another pilot in my national guard squadron has a "Goering is my copilot"sticker on his locker. I'm really new to the squadron and don't want to ruffle feathers, but it makes me pretty uncomfortable. Although I'm an atheist, I grew up Jewish and I identify with the cultural heritage.

I asked a few people about it, they said that's just the way he is. I thought about talking to him directly about it, but honestly I don't like the idea of having an argument with someone who looks up to Goering.

So I think I'm going to go to the commander and ask him to have the guy take off the Goering sticker off his locker, WIBTA, or do I need to have the argument with a possible nazi sympathizer?
What is this "possible" poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

So your solution to this issue is to violate the sacred bond of friendship by lying to the ex?

And it effects them because that's literally years of her life she would have to erase to please the ex. Vacations, family photos, pictures with pets. I don't know if you're married or not, but almost every photo of me includes my wife. I'd have to erase most of my life to satisfy a request like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Pirate Radar posted:

Some American textbooks teach that the Civil War was because of state’s rights, so yeah, you pretty much can

I saw a (hopefully unaltered) still from a textbook that has something along the lines of:

'The indians and the new-comers agreed that they should move away to give land, so that everyone could get along'.

Anyone have/remember this?