Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Me [22 M] with my gf [20 F] is living with her ex bf and sleeping in the same bed with him and wants me to be okay with it
Hearty lol at "it's just for 1 more year".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

pictures are fine its all the "boopin snoot floof pupper heckin sloot" poo poo that i cant stand.

are you okay? do you need an ambulance? since you're unable to stand continue laying down until help arrives

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tythas posted:

AITA for putting pressure on my wife to get surgery

Go the cheaper and less invasive route and buy her a hamster with a sign saying 'Will you be my new mommy?'

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

MasBrillante posted:

That’s what all unsolicited comments sound like. After a while “do you have five minutes for the rain forest” sounds like “hey girl, can I be your daddy?” - a real thing, said to me multiple times by various ages of men.

Wow and you're probably dating some Hummer-driving Chad and won't give these environmentally conscious guys a chance to be your daddy :rolleyes:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Surgery husband - huge rear end in a top hat.

Medical issues daughter - NTA.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The foot fetish guy is uniquely brazen about it, from my experience in dating women with really hot feet. He'll think she is none the wiser to what he's getting at, that nobody has ever said anything like this to her before, and that it's totally socially acceptable to say in public.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
My [25 F] fiance [31 M] makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

quote:

Me and "Jake" have been dating for 4 years, lived together for a year and a half, and then last year we decided to live apart for a while because I was very unsatisfied when we lived together (lack of intimacy, feeling like he wouldn't do any chores, etc..) since living apart our relationship has definitely improved and we have been playing to move back in with each other when my lease is up next week.

Recently though he has been making me feel like I am absolutely insane because I keep freaking out over the smallest things, for example, I like Cheetos, he knows I like Cheetos, when he is at the store and asks if I want anything, I'll politely ask if he can get me up some Cheetos, then when he comes home, he shows me he bought Takis, usually I'll be like "lol why did you get me Takis, i asked for Cheetos?". He will always apologize and say he didn't even realize I wanted Cheetos. Now normally I'm like "its cool don't worry, thanks for picking me something up anyway"

Obviously, that to me is how a relationship should be, explain the problem, talk it out, move on. Now here's where it gets annoying, 2 days later he'll be out at the store again, ask what I want, I specifically said "not Takis lol, Cheetos ;)" then he comes home without buying me anything so I'm like :/ "why did you ask if I wanted something if you weren't going to get me anything" and of course I'm met with "Oh I'm sorry, I totally forgot to get Cheetos, that was my bad I'm sorry babe!" I say it's whatever and I'll just buy em for myself next time.

I start buying Cheetohs from now on, easy solution, right? Well, he comes over and eats all my Cheetos?! I say "wtf dude like why are you intentionally trying to make me upset, I specifically bought these for myself, we already had 2 issues with the Cheetohs why did you eat them??" he again profusely apologizes saying that he "didn't even realize babe, I know I'm being an idiot recently, it was completely just a lack of foresight", I don't know what to do so I end up just rolling my eyes. He offers to fix it by going to the store right then and buying me Cheetohs. I'm like um whatever just stop being annoying. He acknowledges he is being annoying and goes to the store to try and fix things..

He proceeds to call me from the store saying he's sorry, and he's going to make it up to me, so you know what he does? He comes home with loving Spicy Doritos!? At this point, I feel like he's just trying to piss me off or something?! I legit yell at him "WTF WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY TF DID YOU GO TO THE STORE AND BUY ME DORITOS?!?" obviously I know that was an overreaction but at this point, I've lost all my patience. He again gets all upset that he messed up and he's confused why I'm freaking out over chips.. he is almost crying saying he knows he's an idiot and that it was just a mistake that he grabbed them. So obviously I'm like questioning my reality of the events happening?? So I basically tell him to "just go home I don't really want to deal with a stupid argument tonight"

This is just one example obviously, but this sort of problem is in almost every aspect of our relationship on the most trivial things. It has become so formulaic and something like this or similar happens probably 2-3 times a week at this point. I don't know what to do because he will do something silly or thoughtless, Ill be a little annoyed, he will acknowledge that it annoyed me, we will move on, and usually within 24 he will do something similar again, Ill get pretty annoyed, he will do it again, I'll get pissed off, he continues to apologize and acknowledge my feelings, and then do it again till I start screaming about some small issue. It's so frustrating constantly questioning your own sanity because every drat time he will look me in the eyes and apologize, fully acknowledging he was in the wrong. I truly don't feel he is doing anything out of malice either, I don't know though. I feel like I'm caught in a loop almost.

But as I said my lease is ending at the end of the week and the thought of living with these issues 24/7 makes me want to vomit.

Other than stuff like this ^ he is usually a very loving, generous, sweet, and supportive person. So the fact that I'm now writing this entire thing over stupid poo poo like chips, makes me feel like I'm insane, but I know if I just vent to him again he will just apologize and it will happen again in an hour. Thanks for reading those of you who got this far, just looking for some different perspectives right now on what I should do.

TL;DR: Fiance does a small annoying thing, I get annoyed, he says sorry but keeps doing it, I get mad, he acknowledges its annoying and he will stop, but then continues to do it, I freak out, he gets upset that I freak out over small things.

It ain't easy being cheesy :(

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I'd like to say ADHD or something to explain it away with forgetfulness, but this just feels like gaslighting.

EDIT: Until the OP said he ate all the cheetos that she bought, I was actually thinking it was a not so subtle hint to stop eating cheetos.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 12, 2019

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

He's just tired of the feeling of Cheetos dust inside his rear end in a top hat so he's getting her different kind of dusty snacks to try out some zesty new sensations

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I'd like to say ADHD or something to explain it away with forgetfulness, but this just feels like gaslighting.

It feels like that MRA thing of “poo poo tests” except that’s what they claim women are doing when they ask them to be considerate too often.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Our clothing buttons/zips left-handed because other people are supposed to dress us.

If that's not gross and infantilizing, I don't know what the gently caress is.

[It's very useful to a left-handed person and I sew my own poo poo that way but it's a crap reminder of not being allowed to dress myself.]

Is this real? I’ve always taken it for granted as a lefty, never realizing the majority of women had to deal with it inconveniently. Another score for the southpaws.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Hot Cheetos and Takis, he bought it with his own money

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Piell posted:

AITA for being very angry at my Dad and Step Mom over their disrespectful behaviour?

Hahaha, you spoilered it like it was shocking that they've been divorced that long and still refuse to talk to each other? Like, it's a normal thing for your mom to refuse to invite your stepmother to the wedding because she "doesn't want to pay for diner for the woman your dad is seeing" after twenty years, even though your mom was the one who left him in the firstplace? Right? This is normal? Hahaha good use of spoilers for a good joke.

:sadpeanut:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

MasBrillante posted:

It feels like that MRA thing of “poo poo tests” except that’s what they claim women are doing when they ask them to be considerate too often.
Yeah, honestly my mind jumped to some redpill bullshit tactic as well.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

MasBrillante posted:

I dunno, I don't think MRA types would admit that they hosed up and claim to be morons, I'd figure the play would be to just bring home Doritos and claim you 100% said you wanted Doritos, you've never eaten Cheetos, what are you talking about

Maybe this guy is just dumb as poo poo unintentionally

e: I don't actually know much about red pill tactics and I kinda just figured "admitting any mistake ever" was not a play in that book, so feel free to tell me if I'm wrong

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's actually no such thing as Cheetos, check your house for carbon monoxide

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's a "poo poo test"? Do I even want to know?

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Cheeto man is definitely gaslighting her, but I can't figure out what his master plan is. I'm sure it's galaxy brain exploding in cheeto dust level though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

PostNouveau posted:

Redpillers think that girls are being purposefully mean to guys that aproach them to "test" how they deal with an uncomfortable situation to check if they're "worthy males".

To me it's just how a flirting dynamic sometimes works when 2 adults tease one another but what do I know, I'm not MRA.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

:itwaspoo:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Didn't the end result of the last time something like this was posted end up being that the guy had brain damage?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Cheeto man is definitely gaslighting her, but I can't figure out what his master plan is. I'm sure it's galaxy brain exploding in cheeto dust level though.

Theory: he wants her to never depend on him for anything so he can live his life like the sitcom idiot dad with the hot smart wife. She is the bringer of Cheetos, he is the eater of Cheetos.

Edit: or maybe brain damage, yeah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Redpillers think that girls are being purposefully mean to guys that aproach them to "test" how they deal with an uncomfortable situation to check if they're "worthy males".

To me it's just how a flirting dynamic sometimes works when 2 adults tease one another but what do I know, I'm not MRA.

lol

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

incompetent cheeto boyfriend definitely has some brain error going on

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Schmeichy posted:

Theory: he wants her to never depend on him for anything so he can live his life like the sitcom idiot dad with the hot smart wife. She is the bringer of Cheetos, he is the eater of Cheetos.

Edit: or maybe brain damage, yeah

yeah but it's apparently Cheeto-specific, which sorta turns it into either a Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat thing or him trying to send a message that the OP eats way too loving many Cheetos.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Well, brain issue or he wants to break up but is too much of a weenie to do it straight up, so he's going The Cheetos route.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah these jokes come from 100% a place of sympathy. i think half of the appeal of the "boyfriend jeans/sweatshirts" is just that it's something durable which doesn't hug the chest like a creepy uncle.

You're a diamond. Keep working your sparkle, dood.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

asktrp posted:

“You are emotionless” shittest

We have all heard this one, you are in some form of relationship, mostly a LTR and she goes something like "Share your emotions, be more emotionally available, stop being so cold and emotionless, tell me more about how you feel and so on". Fell for this one once and it didn't end well for me. I shared how I felt and then it all got turned against me. Now, in a new LTR again getting hit by the same shittest.

"You are so cold, it's like you don't even care, you don't open yourself to me, I don't know if it's going to work out if you keep being like that" and so on and so forth.

I know that what women say is not what they really think or want and that it's all a code and not the literal meaning of the words but I need some insight here from someone more experienced. What does this poo poo even mean. Is it nothing but a shittest or is it some kind of comfort test that I don't get (I've only heard about these but never learned much about them).

Endorsed Contributor posted:

This is a garden variety comfort test and needs nothing more than some amused mastery with a sprinkle of actual comfort to solve.

"Oh you know, I'm an international man of mystery, baby!" works fine vs. The I don't know what you're thinking test.

"You're right, want me to start crying and yelling?" works fine vs. The emotionless test.

After dealing with the test grab her, kiss her forehead, and make her laugh. She's doing it because she wants to fight but she doesn't want to win. Make her submit and you have solved the problem.

quote:

Best answer here. It's a basic comfort test. She doesn't know what you think/feel about HER. She doesn't give a gently caress about your actual emotions, she just gives a gently caress about you giving HER good emotions. She's then trying to threaten the relationship, as a way to get you to 'open up', and POSSIBLY seeing if you'll fall for it and become beta so she'd justify leaving you. Which would really just cover her selfish desire to have you make HER feel good.

gently caress, you can see the self-centered motivations a mile away. They really hate not feeling positively.

So yeah, play it off (Amused mastery)...and make her feel good.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

The "kinder" word for it is "fitness test" but the idea from redpillers is that FEMALES will ask unreasonable things of men, and when a man does the unreasonable thing he's proving that he takes poo poo, or lacks fitness, and is therefore not manly.

I actually agree that sometimes people will ask unreasonable things from you, and sometimes when you accept the unreasonable thing the very person who asked will lose respect for you. The stupidity is universalizing it and putting an unnecessary gender dynamic on it.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
The problem with this thread is that it all runs together so I forget if things have been posted or not.

My [28F] friend [35F] passed away and I found out she was a pathological liar
tl;dr at the bottom
I live in a house with a basement. I inherited it from my grandparents and moved in after doing renovations. The basement has been converted into a small apartment with independent access, and I planned to rent it out to help with the bills.

One of my friends, "Cindy", who I've known for years after meeting via an Internet forum for a shared hobby, expressed interest in renting the place from me, as she wanted to move into my city and change jobs (she used to leave 3 hours away.) I accepted and she moved in, paying 3 months of rent in advance. She found a job within a few weeks and all was well, for the first few months. She was friendly, respectful, paid rent and bills on time, the few times I went into the basement there was no damage or anything out of place. She used to spend most of her free time home with me, and we would eat meals together, watch movies, have friends over for dinner/bbq/movie nights, she was happy about the new job and told me she was very happy about her choice to move. She had always been a bit over the top as a person, but I wasn't bothered that much by it. She had always been like that, it's not like I didn't know (our friendship was mostly offline after we first met in person).

Over time, over the past 6 months roughly, things took a turn for the worse. She started to be increasingly aggressive over the most minor things and eventually she was having anger outbursts over stuff like why did I go out without inviting her or why did I keep her Amazon package in my living room (unopened!) instead of bringing it to the basement. It was unbelievable. She also started paying rent late and told me she had maxed out her credit card. She started to be controlling and wanting to know where I was and with whom. She also tried to encroach on my time more and more, requesting help for various reasons. If I refused, she would go ballistic. My boyfriend started to come over less and less and told me I had set boundaries with her. I tried, but the only result I got was getting screamed at by Cindy, who told me that I was oversensitive and I just wanted to get on her nerves. I tried multiple times, to the same result. I spent many nights at my boyfriend's place back then because I started to be very afraid of her. My BF and friends' encouraged me to start the eviction process because Cindy said that she would ignore the notice I was about to send her (two months notice to vacate the apartment without eviction.)

It was an immensely stressful time and I was very scared and anxious that she would retaliate somehow. I didn't have time to do anything, though, because three weeks ago or so Cindy died of a heart attack. She was in a local supermarket with a friend when she had the first symptoms and I learnt about what happened after she had already passed. Apparently she had a family history of heart disease, plus her health was poor to begin with (smoker, unhealthy eating, etc). The hospital asked me how to get in touch with Cindy's family, I told them I had no idea, as Cindy always told me she was no-contact with her abusive family. She also had no husband or kids. The hospital must have done something to look for any next of kin, because a couple of days later I got a phone call from none other that Cindy's husband, "Thomas".

Here's what I learned from Thomas, from other friends and what I found out while helping him go through Cindy's stuff in the basement (I'll make a list because I'm honestly very overwhelmed and it's easier this way):

- Cindy had been married to Thomas for 12 years and had left him to move in my city, except she told him she was living on her own, in a different town than mine, and never mentioned my existence to him. They were still legally married and he told me he let her move hoping that "she would finally be happy." She had always been deeply unsatisfied with her life.
- she was abusive to him in very much the same way that she had been with me during the last months, sometimes also physically.
- we found some old paperwork from a psychiatry practice saying that she had been diagnosed with "borderline personality disorder". Her husband didn't know about this diagnosis.
- by talking to him, I was able to find out that almost nothing she had told me about herself was true. Her studies, her jobs, her family, she lied about pretty much everything. Her parents are elderly and I'm not sure how much Thomas will tell them about Cindy's fabrications.
- some of my friends who had distanced themselves from me were very supportive and told me they were not hanging out with me as much as we used to because Cindy's was very intrusive and made them uncomfortable... some of them were also propositioned sexually by her, or asked for money. None of them had told me anything before her death.
- she never had a job in my city. She was living off savings and her high-paying job didn't exist. She probably had a compulsive shopping habit because the basement is full of junk that she bought. She was careful not to let me see it...
- her real name wasn't even Cindy. She gave me a fake ID to sign the lease. Her husband, thankfully, is an upstanding guy and has been nothing but helpful and has already provided money to fix the damage that Cindy's done to the apartment (nothing major, luckily, but there are a few things to take care of.)

(Before anyone asks, yes, that guy is HER husband, he's not lying, I verified with the authorities and my lawyer).

This is just off the top of my head. It's a loving mess.

We had mutual friends, and while all of us suspected she was embellishing her stories/life experiences, none of us though she had created a fake life. We have been talking a lot with each other comparing things that Cindy said or did, she was mostly consistent with her stories, but some details were different, usually to prevent us from finding out that she lied about something (an example would be that she told me that our friend "Sean" slept with her, but please don't talk to him about it because he ended up regretting it, and would repeat the same story to someone else but changing a detail or two about why we could not mention their hookup to "Sean". Of course Sean never hosed her to begin with.)

So the questions here are a lot: how do I move on from here? How do I mend the relationship with my friends who have been harassed by Cindy? (they say it's not my fault, but I feel like it is.) Has anyone else experienced this kind of betrayal? I realize it was a psychiatric problem and not outright maliciousness, but it still hurts, and it feels like a proper betrayal! I feel like an idiot. Do you think I should see a therapist? I have a lot of mental and physical symptoms since she started being abusive, and now there's her death and all the stuff I found out about. I don't know where to start.

I guess I might have forgotten a few details, I'm very angry, shocked, numb, all at the same time, right now, so ask away if you want to understand better.

tl;dr my friend of 8 years has fabricated her whole life and I found out after she died, WTF do I do now

Great summary of all that there.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

the fact that brain idiot cheeto boyfriend is like, crying and apologizing, makes it seem like it's not a dumb red pill tactic. Per the above posts, it's certainly not displaying "amused mastery" so I think he's just somehow broken. It seems to go beyond ADHD, though. I have ADHD and sometimes forget stuff at the store for my wife, but never like three times in a row then eat the thing she asked for when she buys it.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah but it's apparently Cheeto-specific, which sorta turns it into either a Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat thing or him trying to send a message that the OP eats way too loving many Cheetos.

She mentions he pulls this kind of poo poo in a lot of other areas. He's pretending to be clueless to get out of doing anything.

And even if he really IS that forgetful, she doesn't have to put up with it.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

She says that it's not just Cheetos

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Also important to note that the phrase "I have a boyfriend" is also considered a poo poo test to redpillers because the girl is obviously just trying to see whether you're a pussy who will stop advancing after that.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Don't move people you "know" from the internet into your house. Just a suggestion.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hmm after re-reading they should probably just go to a neurologist asap. It could have been a stroke or something similar, I read some insane examples of patient symptoms some time ago.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Me [25F] with my dad [65M] I have been talking for years about wanting sugar gliders as pets. I finally decided to go through with it recently. He gifted me 3 sugar gliders. The problem? I have already picked out and paid for other ones and I don't want these ones.

quote:

I am pretty bad with social stuff so if the answer to this seems simple- I am sorry for not noticing it.

I come from a very generous family. Recently, I purchased my own house. My family has been so kind and gifted me tons of things for the house!

Ever since I turned probably 12, I've been obsessed with sugar gliders. I've always wanted them and my parents knew. They actually offered to get me some when I turned 14- but I told them I wasn't ready for the commitment, which was true.

I recently (2 months ago) got serious about owning them. My family knew that I was looking for them. I did tons of research and found an ethical breeder a few hours from me. I recently put a pretty hefty deposit down on some babies with the colorings I wanted. I'm supposed to get them in 3 days...

Perhaps this was stupid of me but I wanted to suprise my family when I got them, I was going to invite them over (we live about an hour away from eachother) and open the door holding a baby! (Once we had spent time bonding)

My dad dropped by yesterday with some curtains my mom had made for me. He was so excited when we made these plans, telling me that it was going to be the happiest I ever was to see him.

I figured they were just some spectacular curtains!

Nope. He came over and gifted me 3 sugar gliders (along with their cage and supplies) oh and some nice curtains!

I know where they come from. It's a huge sugar glider mill and I can tell the babies are sick and underage. He also paid around $1100 for the 3 of them and their crappy cage (not big enough!) and some food that's horrible for them.

I didn't really know what to do, and he was so excited but had to leave pretty quickly.

It was super nice of him, for sure! But I don't want these babies. They are sick and underage and I know they will probably die super young. I don't want them... I have a vet appointment scheduled for tomorrow and it's going to cost me an arm and a leg.

It's kind of bumming me out and I don't know what to do.

Help!

tl;dr: Dad gifted me sick, underage sugar gliders that he unknowingly overpaid for and got from a mill. I already paid for 4 extremely expensive ones from a breeder with amazing fur patterns that are supposed to come home in 3 days. What do I do? I don't want these babies but I know if they go back they're goners. Should I just keep them? How do I approach my dad about this?

NEVER GIFT PETS!

Also, I love gliders and want to burn down that mill. :murder:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Schmeichy posted:

She says that it's not just Cheetos

yeah but it's not everything, he doesn't actually have some overarching mental disability where he's like periodically forgetting his car exists or locking himself in the bathroom and starving to death, it's just very specific apparently trivial things he has decided aren't real

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 12, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow, responding to a girlfriend's request for emotional openness with an Austin Powers quote may be the worst advice I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

yeah but it's not everything, he doesn't actually have some overarching mental disability where he's like periodically forgetting his car exists or locking himself in the bathroom and starving to death, it's just very specific apparently trivial things he has decided aren't real
One of the stroke patient stories I read about was some dude who just one day started being extremely happy and also porn became really weird and unappealing to him, he just couldn't process porn images for some reason. He went to a doctor and explained the first symptom and the doctor went "Well, that could be temporary or anything really, it's probably nothing to worry about". The guy then said "oh, yeah and I hate watching porn now" - the doc shut up and ordered an immediate MRT scan.