Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bereavement time, more like aggrievement time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

goethe.cx posted:

OP is doubling down in the comments too. She was like "I apologized and made him his favorite breakfast and he doesn't seem mad at me so we're good. You guys are being mean." If it's not a troll it's a fairly shocking display of narcissism

gunna go with the latter. there are a whole lot of people with extremely blatant narcissism

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xaris posted:

gunna go with the latter. there are a whole lot of people with extremely blatant narcissism

Yeah she made this comment which is really telling

quote:

I realize it's sad to lose a parent but it's not the end of the world for everyone around you! Like honestly I'm just over this whole thing at this point.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
WIBTA if I gave my bosses 30 minutes notice like they did to my husband and two others?
u/BadlandsViper

quote:

My husband and I worked at the same place up until last week when the owners decided to lay him off along with 2 other coworkers. It was done on Wednesday, with 30 minutes left in the day.

From what my husband has told me, they knew they were going to do this for about 2 weeks beforehand; even going so far as to have him stop working on important projects and do something entirely different(in the stupidest way possible). That stupid project wasted his potential and made him depressed the week leading up to his lay off. The tone of voice used when they told him to switch should have been a red flag.

The company is seemingly driving themselves into the ground; owners all going in different directions, laid off the entire quoting department, cut everyone else's hours 20%, etc. I've only been working here for about 4 months. The job I perform is not secure at all, and I fear I'm going to be next very soon.

I have always been the type of person to give 2 weeks notice, but the way they handled this lay off has made me angry. If they had told us early that the changes in employment were being made, my husband could have had a job lined up by now(2 highly valued degrees).

WIBTA if I left this company the day I'm able with 30 minutes notice?

Imagine having to ask the Internet about this. No, honey, you should work a full two weeks and thank them for the chance to rest their boots upon your neck.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zore posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

goethe.cx posted:

OP is doubling down in the comments too. She was like "I apologized and made him his favorite breakfast and he doesn't seem mad at me so we're good. You guys are being mean." If it's not a troll it's a fairly shocking display of narcissism

That poor guy. I hope he comes around and realizes that she will NEVER be there for him and that doesn't make for a meaningful relationship.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

That poor guy. I hope he comes around and realizes that she will NEVER be there for him and that doesn't make for a meaningful relationship.

Yeah hopefully. Thats a really hosed up story I feel really bad for the guy or anyone that has gone through something like that and not had the person they have been with for years by their side.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
AITA for flashing my breasts at a guy I met at a bar after my husband told me to (albeit during a fight on the phone)?
u/Hjuipo

quote:

I am on a two week business trip to Orlando (sorry throwaway for obvious reasons). I am here with my best work friend meeting potential clients. For the most part we are exhausted after work and have had one drink at the bar then passed out to wake up and do it again.

Last night we decided to cut loose just a little bit and we went off the resort property to a more local bar down the road. We were minding our own business when this group of guys started clearly hitting on us. They were Fun and funny and my friend dances with a couple of them (she's single) but between the two of us we more found it amusing that these guys probably got in on fake ID, we were 29 and 31 and looked like we'd been put through the ringer after making 5 brutal sales calls that day. It was even funnier because there were girls their own age all over rhe bar but apparently these guys thought the "Cougars" were a sure thing.

I'd had a few drinks (buzzed) but I'd promised my husband I'd call him at 9 to check in. I told him about my day, he told me about his and he'd had a miserable day and said "please cheer me up." I told him how funny it was that these 19 year old group of 6 guys was hitting on us and how ridiculous it was. He got sternly serious and said "what are you talking about?" I said no it's not a big deal at all, just silly. We were leaving to the hotel by 10. He said "just show them your tits Bailey, you know you LOVE the attention." And hung up. I tried to text and call him 1000 Times but no answer. I was heart broken that he spoke to me like that.

I went back in the bar and just started hammering back the drinks. Maybe an hour later I grabbed the "cutest" guy and told him to come outside with me. In the parking lot I told him "my husband said i should show you my tits and i don't want to let my husband down." So I grabbed up my shirt and bra and flashed this guy my breasts. He said somthing like those are Amazing and better than his girlfriends. I said cool and we went back inside. Nothing else came of it. We continued to drink and dance until closing and I was so hung over today that I'm just now coming to reality. My husband has not called and I have not called him so I have no idea where we stand.

But back to the issue, please help me clear up my head...was I the rear end in a top hat for flashing this guy? Or can I say I was in weird spot and did a weird thing and not an rear end in a top hat?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shes gonna be posting in a week that she came back home to an empty house and is super worried someone kidnapped her husband and stole their things

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

gently caress Your Website posted:

AITA for flashing my breasts at a guy I met at a bar after my husband told me to (albeit during a fight on the phone)?
u/Hjuipo

Conjunction Junction, what's your dysfunction?

Flashin my tits at random teenagers

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for "turning in" my coworker over one cent?

my coworker stole a penny from our charity box. the exact details of the situation:
1) they were buying non-necessities
2) they had more than their total (say the total was 15.50 and they handed me 20.49)
3) they took the coin out of the charity box and said it was because they had a penny before but dropped it somewhere and they didn't want change
4) they did not ask me to eat the one cent loss, which i would have because... it was a penny. i can get one from any customer who leaves their change behind, which is many
5) they wanted a five dollar bill enough to steal from charity
6) i ended up putting the penny back in, along with any other change people left during the day, because i was so annoyed

i told my coworker, who convinced me to tell the manager, with the concern that if my coworker was willing to do it now, they could have done it more in the past, and will continue to do it in the future. its unlikely the coworker will face many consequences, probably just a talking to because i "fixed" the stealing by putting the change back in. i do feel bad for telling a manager, though. am i the rear end in a top hat?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

gently caress Your Website posted:

AITA for making my husband be the bad guy?
u/thegreengobshite

Once again: the kid is 3

I have two nephews with whom I'd occasionally play girly dress-up. They'd pick out their wigs, make-up and outfits and we'd take goofy pictures.

But I see now I have irreparably damaged them with The Gay and am responsible for helping restore their manliness. Therapy's too touchy-feely... Maybe send them to war or something.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yes.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

I told him about my day, he told me about his and he'd had a miserable day and said "please cheer me up." I told him how funny it was that these 19 year old group of 6 guys was hitting on us

haha, this bailey really knows how to cheer her husband up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zore posted:

quote:

I realize it's sad to lose a parent but it's not the end of the world for everyone around you! Like honestly I'm just over this whole thing at this point.

some number of years ago when i ran into an ex-girlfriend and told her that my father had died since i'd seen her last she immediately burst into tears

it's probably different if you're dating tho

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Aggravating my college age daughter's daddy issues for fun and profit

quote:

Not quite three years ago, my husband left me. At the time our oldest daughter was going into her senior year of high school. She was devastated. The girl (she is practically 20 yrs younger than him) he was dating was/is a real wedge between him and our daughter. He has virtually no contact with either of our daughters. I have begged and pleaded with him to repair his relationships with our children- he just doesn’t seem to care. Anyway, a thing my daughter does is constantly ask me what I think her dad would think of something. It’s usually everyday things like what he would think of a restaurant or a song or stuff like that. I hate these conversations because I think they are unhealthy for her and because I am trying to move on. Recently I told her I don’t want to talk about her dad anymore. She said she understood. She hasn’t brought him up since. The thing is, she was visibly upset when I told her and I’m wondering if I am being TA.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

4) they did not ask me to eat the one cent loss, which i would have because... it was a penny. i can get one from any customer who leaves their change behind, which is many
No you wouldn't have, don't lie. You would have said "I can't cash out if it's not exact, sorry."
Case in point:

quote:

6) i ended up putting the penny back in, along with any other change people left during the day, because i was so annoyed
You put the change people leave in the charity box. So if he had asked you to eat the one cent loss and you had taken it from a customer's change, that's one cent that would have not gone in the charity box, meaning you would have effectively taken it from the charity box.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Did you know: Fat Camp Kid is a restless spirit hailing all the way back from the 70s?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I... what?

Who gives a poo poo?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Haifisch posted:

Did you know: Fat Camp Kid is a restless spirit hailing all the way back from the 70s?

1. Is this the plot to a horror movie?
2. Pretty sure Wall of Fat was a magic card
3. Wall of Fat is an excellent user name

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

LadyPictureShow posted:

I... what?

Who gives a poo poo?

The OP is the type of person who makes a lovely job so much more lovely.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

dudeness posted:

The man having sex is getting laughed at by the men who watch camshows and tip money and masturbate. The man having sex is crying. Man having sex, why do you cry?

The greatest battles are fought in the mind.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

Aggravating my college age daughter's daddy issues for fun and profit

The comments on this one are really funny because it's a lot of idiotic redditors nitpicking the semantics of using "Not The rear end in a top hat" or "No Assholes Here" and basically getting insanely hung up on the specific rules of the sub instead of just offering sympathy to this poor woman and her poor daughter.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gluten Freeman posted:

The comments on this one are really funny because it's a lot of idiotic redditors nitpicking the semantics of using "Not The rear end in a top hat" or "No Assholes Here" and basically getting insanely hung up on the specific rules of the sub instead of just offering sympathy to this poor woman and her poor daughter.

Not the rear end in a top hat? No, assholes here!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zore posted:

Yeah, Imagine she had to skip out on this once in a lifetime vacation to go to some sad dumb wake. That would really suck.

What tears me up is the dude is basically offering her money to stay, so that she can realize he needs someone there for emotional support because this is going to loving devastate him, and she's like "well you see, the schedules are soooo hard to get right"

Those are gonna be some long, resentful 2 months. Wish there was an update.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FilthyImp posted:

What tears me up is the dude is basically offering her money to stay, so that she can realize he needs someone there for emotional support because this is going to loving devastate him, and she's like "well you see, the schedules are soooo hard to get right"

Yeah, that's the detail that really kills me: this grieving dude is offering her 1500 goddamn dollars to go to the funeral, an incredibly over-generous gesture from someone in desperate need, and she's still like "but my week at Cabo!" How loving stone-hearted do you have to be?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarEternal posted:

I don't think drawing is that related to how well you can visualize something with no external reference whatsoever. I always thought it was just a skill that develops over time if you're good at it. Like, put a cat right in front of me and it would still look like a 10 year old drew the cat in the end.

I think the visualization thing is just a large miscommunication about what people mean by "visualize".

For example, have some artist draw a picture of Keanu Reeves from memory without them having looked at a picture of him in the last few days or weeks, whatever. I would bet that no matter how good they are, the majority of people would have no idea it was supposed to be Keanu with no prompting.

E: at least that's my expectation, maybe there's people out there who can perfectly remember what someone looks like in detail but I doubt it's very common, even among artists.

I'm not talking about memory, I'm talking about visualizing. I wouldn't care if it looked just like Keanu Reeves, but looking like it was drawn by someone who really did take art classes would be nice. Possibly even "drawn by the same person who drew this other thing."

but enough about that, I just found a piece of poo poo!

AITA for laughing and making a light joke at my friend who was explaining how ethics and manners should be taught to doctors

quote:

Ok this needs a bit of description.

We have a group of 8 people who have been good friends in school. Though after getting into uni, the communication became slightly less but still we all decided to meet for lunch as a reunion after 4-5 years.

So I have been the only one in the group who has been able to crack the medical entrances in my country and soon I will be able to become a doc. There were 2-3 more who attempted the entrance but couldn't clear it and are doing some other average course in some uni.

Well one of them is a girl who is doing something related to mass media and right now she is a intern at some outlet. That outlet asked her to collect data and all of patient experiences with doctors and write a draft for an article.

She started discussing abt it and started saying - ''quite a lot of people I asked simply said that doctors are rude and unprofessional. A few days back even my relative was telling me they couldn't find cause for her pain and that docs are rude and just can't do their work properly and ethically. They should make strict rules. Doctors don't even talk properly and order all tests for making money out of us.

At this point, I snapped. This is bcoz we docs actually are quite kind and more often than not, it's the insane work hours that get us. And lots of conditions present with same common symptoms and cause is always not apparent. I told her in front of everyone - '' Right... I think you are just jealous of us. You couldn't clear the exam as well and even if I give you another chance, you can't. You should be the last person saying these opinions. When you don't know, keep quiet. You media people are much more rude and unprofessional lol ( Said in joking way)

She became quiet and the whole group had an uncomfortable atmosphere for a while before topic changed.

Later at night, I received messages from other members ( Especially the guy who had crush on her lol) that she cried later and that I am an rear end in a top hat who is stuck up on his high horse and have a holier than thou attitude etc etc. And that I should apologize...

Now I don't think I was an rear end in a top hat here and I won't apologize. But i am not sure hence raised it here.

Tldr - One friend of mine started saying docs are rude and unprofessional based on few interviews and her relative experience. I brought the sword of fair judgement on her. Found out she cried later and now people asking me to apologize.

EDIT 1- Ok ok i admit I was rude and rear end in a top hat. I shouldn't have said like that and just cordially pointed out the flaws in her arguments ( Fat chance it would have worked since she wouldn't believe me. She is a bit stubborn). Anyway, I tried calling her but she didn't pick my phone.

So I have messaged that same guy to tell her that I am extremely sorry and to make up with a treat from my side. He was saying that she was very sad and so I shouldn't expect reply immediately. I agreed and we both are now hoping she will be fine and we can be fine. ( I said to the guy that I was stressed due to exams and all hence I said that in moment. That was the only way to normalize it)

What sort of comments did he post on this thread?

quote:

Lol

Please remind me again...who are you? I take advices only if the person giving them has a certain level of education. I dont think you have that.

And who doesn't want a job with good work life balance and ok pay? Isn't it personal choice whether I want to work long or short hours?

I care for my patients. I truly want them to get well. After all, they are the ones who will be giving me my livelihood. I want to help them in that way.. What a magnificent life it will be, getting paid to help people.

And it is MY choice what I chose as speciality.. And HOW DARE YOU SAY that i dont care? I care for people who are affected by disease. I just don't hold the other healthy population who speak when not required at the same level.

quote:

Geez isn't that a bit evil? To wish that upon someone. Sigh... Let me remind u buddy that I have female friends as well and if they are actually good at heart then I don't find them wrong. Mostly whom I have met have turned out to be hypocrites.

quote:

I think mods you should just lock this thread.

It is becoming a cesspool of PERSONAL INSULTS to me now. That is very bad and shouldn't be expected out of this sub! .

This isn't a medical history lol that you have to take a detailed past history. Here my post history doesn't matter. Answer on basis of this incident only please.

I accept I was a bit assholish and I have rectified it by texting her Sry. It will Be fine again. I told her in text that our friendship was one of the best and that it will be best to get it back to normal or we both will lose support of each other etc.

Heh

Mods PLEASE LOCK IT. Thank you

Let's look at some comments in other places, maybe he's-

quote:

Doctors DESERVE to have god complex. We are the ones who deal. With the most complex thing in this world and god drat if any speciality makes miistake, it leads to problems. Even girls like psychiatry etc deserve arrogance because if they don't rule out the risk factors, you can very well find your patient dead next day lol.

So yeah, us doctors have every right to be an 'rear end in a top hat'. I love to educate my non medico friends and juniors. It's so fun to be the one with knowledge and power in this world hehe

quote:

Wow breaking up with someone because they worked too much? That's a sign of insecure woman lol.

I feel sad for your bf. It's good the breakup happened and he got someone better

quote:

Why should I be ashamed of having more wealth?

I EARNED it. I got it through sheer hard work. Through sheer brain power. It's MY money. Why the hell should I give to others who haven't contributed to it?

In fact I can use those amazing high denomination bills to wipe my rear end if I want LOL. That's how you should be using the fruit of your labor.

quote:

No it isn't dumbass.

A more educated society means lesser wages for professionals as there are more of them in number which means less salary for more work hours. Let the elite be elite because they have skill to make money with loan or earn scholarships through brain power.

Bringing low people into college education will spoil the broth.

quote:

the amount of flawed females compared to flawed males is hilariously so high that it is always best to assume a female will use you and throw u

quote:

All women are garbage

I think I hit the rear end in a top hat jackpot here.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Well he’s definitely the correct personality type to fit in as a doctor. He’s got the small talk down for the golf course already.

AITA because I want my husbands family to make a vegetarian / vegan option when they invite us for dinner?
u/TabbyLab

quote:

My husband and I became vegetarian in April last year. We both eat all dairy products. We do eat fish when we are invited out to eat, but we want to cut that away too. I don't eat eggs.

A month ago my brother in law and his wife invited us for lunch. They didn't do anything to make sure that there would be any vegetarian food, so I offered to bring a glass of spread for bread. They do know that we don't eat meat.

We are invited to their daughters baptizing party. My husband is going to be her godfather. The food is going to be smorgasbord from a caterer. It's traditional Danish food of fine dining open sandwiches. There is a seating plan, so it's not just a casual dinner. I asked them about dinner at the baptizing, if there would be a vegetarian option, and they said that they didn't know.

So I texted my sister in law the other day to ask if there would be something vegetarian for us, and also mentioned again that I don't eat eggs. If this was not the case I would bring something.

She replied that she didn't think there would be vegetarian food.

So I write her back saying that in that case I would bring some sandwiches ( subway style) for my husband and I.

She replied that she had assumed that my husband could eat eggs.

And that's where the conversation ended.

I'm really annoyed at her, and partly also my brother in law. It pisses me off that they don't take in consideration that we don't eat meat. It seems to me that they are stubborn or passive aggressive. It's really difficult for me to say to her face that I'm not happy that they won't make sure that there will be something that we can eat. We have been vegetarian for over a year !

EDIT:

The food is individual pieces of bread with something on top of it.

The reason for me to mention that we would bring our own sandwiches was my attempt to "pressure" her to consider how weird it would be if my husband and I were to sit there with a subway sandwich.

My husband back me up on this. He's the quiet type.

I myself think that it will be weird to sit there with a sub, but I feel stubborn too. The dinner is in two days from now. I'm thinking about what I'm gonna say when people will start asking why we brought these "lousy" sandwiches. Should I just say that they didn't supply a veg option? It will be so embarrassing for me, but dammit I don't want to sit there and be hungry.

quote:

TabbyLab
What is the difference between a vegetarian and vegan ?

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 25, 2019

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

She started discussing abt it and started saying - ''quite a lot of people I asked simply said that doctors are rude and unprofessional. “
(...)
At this point, I snapped.
Flipping your poo poo at someone is certainly a very unorthodox strategy to show that “no, I’m not rude.”

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Did no one else there have enough of a spine to say that he’d just proven her point? Also, is the guy even out of med school? Sounds like a guy pretending to have made it before even finishing up residency.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Nuebot posted:

Well, you see, they were tipping her so she couldn't possibly ban or mute them.

quote:

Did you kick and ban those that made fun of him.

quote:

No, I took their money. If they weren’t tipping then I probably would have.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

quote:

You let random dudes who pay you money to watch your orgasm insult your boyfriend and effect the very real relationship you have with him. You brought him into a space he had very little knowledge of, but you had mastry yourself. You know that this is all about the looks, the feels, the orgasms, the big tits and rear end. They don't pay to watch a fat girl go at it with a cucumber (although maybe there's room for that fetish). They don't pay to watch small dick Steve on camera. You knew this, and you still encouraged him to enter a SUPER judgmental zone. He's reaping the results.

quote:

Are you seriously trying to put this on me? Because I had no idea this would happen. I’ve never had issues like this with a previous partner that I canned together with.

He seemed like he was having the time of his life until the rude comments and then he just sank and became a mean and depressed jerk. I so feel sorry for him but don’t try to make me out to be the bad one here. I didn’t make those hurtful comments...

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

You guys don't have a little Inside Out control room running you?

Yeah but the green one and the red one killed and ate the others

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to go to my female co-workers party?

​I really have two reasons, but mainly it's because I refuse to participate in any outside of work events with how things are these days. I fear drinking a little too much and saying/doing something that could be interpreted the wrong way and get me fired from work. On top of that, I am semi-attracted to her and she has a boyfriend (I don’t believe in platonic relationships).

YTA.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

You guys don't have a little Inside Out control room running you?

I'm still disappointed that they didn't show the brain of some nerd being the Megazord control room.

Which is probably what mine is like, except the teenagers with attitude were always just covering for crippling social anxiety.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i told my coworker, who convinced me to tell the manager, with the concern that if my coworker was willing to do it now, they could have done it more in the past, and will continue to do it in the future.

I always love the sociopath snitch logic of 'well if they did (incredibly minor thing) who KNOWS what else they're capable of????' It's the most 'I've seen one episode of Criminal Minds and know what the serial killer triad is and assume all crimes have the same' thing.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for letting Flat Stanley sit on my microwave oven for a year and throwing him away?

quote:

In the book Flat Stanley, the title character is squashed flat by a falling bulletin board. In true children's book fashion, Stanley survives. His parents roll him up and mail him to visit a friend in California.

Some well-meaning teacher started assigning Flat Stanley projects, and this caught on like wildfire. Students are given Flat Stanley cutouts to color and laminate, mail Flat Stanley to someone in another locale, take a photo of Flat Stanley in that locale, and then mail Flat Stanley onward with a letter detailing his adventures with the recipient. Eventually, the students are supposed to receive an assortment of photos of their Flat Stanleys out in the world, and letters describing what they did in the places to which they were mailed. The class gets to see the reach of their Flat Stanleys.

My former stepfather's new stepson decided to send Flat Stanley to me without any advance agreement on my part. I opened this thing and learned the saga of Flat Stanley. No postage-paid envelope was enclosed for his onward journey. I was asked to take a photo, do some third grade writing homework, and given a mailing deadline. I don't mail anything to anyone, this isn't my kid, I didn't sign up for this, and just no. My ex-stepfather's kid gets to learn a life lesson in asking before burdening others with stuff.

I placed Flat Stanley on my microwave. He was laminated, so I used him to catch crumbs when I ate snacks in the kitchen. Eventually I threw him away.

AITA for not jumping through the hoops of the Flat Stanley project?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Gluten Freeman posted:

it's reddit, so i'm assuming that if you went in and just made a kind and sympathetic post that the mods would remove it, ban you, and replace your post with "not making a judgement is against AITA subreddit rules, removed for violation"

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for letting Flat Stanley sit on my microwave oven for a year and throwing him away?

Like you don't owe anyone poo poo, especially not your entitled ex-step-dad's step-son; but still, yta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pinecone Sample posted:

imagine being so joyless that you won't do this for a child, let alone a relative. this dude sucks, and honestly he would still suck even if the Flat Stanley he received had been from some random kid across the world. its a stamp and 3 paragraphs