Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Here I was thinking that here’s this burning (burning), an eternal flame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well naturally the heavenly flame from which they are born are from dragonkind, so yes.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Potatoes in a burrito seems dumb and bad, counterpoint?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hash browns rolled into a burrito are good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Er I'm not sure how I posted that here, welp!

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

eat a spud, scrub

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

You just know that anyone who uses that term has consumed a large amount of anime, though.
This.

I just tried to Google "twin flame" on my phone to see what it was. You know how mobile Google will show you a few thumbnail images above the top result? Every single one of those top images was an anime-esque sketch of two people with their arms intertwined underneath an enormously oversized full moon. So yeah, even if the term isn't specifically related to anime, that's apparently the crowd that uses it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WIBTA if I stopped seeing someone because of how they drive?

quote:

I met a great guy. Our personalities click. We have lots of common interests and great chemistry. We’ve been seeing each other for a little over a month.

He came to pick me up last week and took me on a date. I had a great time on this date except he kept driving below the speed limit in the passing lane. This gives me anxiety because I cannot stand drivers like this on the road. I sat in the passenger seat watching all the cars aggressively pass him by and I couldn’t even think about what we were talking about because I kept thinking about how I’d be one of those cars passing him and probably saying to myself how stupid he is to be in the passing lane.

WIBTA if this was the main reasoning to end our relationship? I wouldn’t ghost him of course but that also brings me to ask, should I tell him exactly why I am no longer interested?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

More vegetables in a burrito is always good.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That twin flame thing is just another example of why young 20 somethings shouldn’t be considered as potential partners for actual adults.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I stopped seeing someone because of how they drive?

driving too slowly for traffic is just as dangerous as other types of reckless driving and he's a menace to other drivers. dump him

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MagusofStars posted:

This.

I just tried to Google "twin flame" on my phone to see what it was. You know how mobile Google will show you a few thumbnail images above the top result? Every single one of those top images was an anime-esque sketch of two people with their arms intertwined underneath an enormously oversized full moon. So yeah, even if the term isn't specifically related to anime, that's apparently the crowd that uses it.

Yeah, I don't think it's from anything specific, but a term by and for teenagers who've consumed way too much anime and/or YA fiction and have basically taken One True Love to an even more toxic level beyond Soul Mates.

Also much older man and womenchildren who are really into teenagers.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

the history of irish immigration to mexico is kind of interesting and irish/mexican fusion food is a legit thing. TIL that Anthony Quinn was mexican by way of irish descent who also championed the EEOC, United Farm Workers, and first nations' people's occupation of alcatraz island

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Gluten Freeman posted:

calling those posters who were going insane over minor regional differences in grammar, your brethren needs advice:

AITA for correcting my wife's speech and grammar?

Ah you know what, gently caress this guy.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Fair enough, proper was the wrong word. When those regional variations are agrammatical though, that needs to go.

And really this "problem" (insofar as it creates barriers to communication) is solving itself. Regional variations of American English have softened a lot as communication and transportation have become more available. With the internet now we're seeing more pidgining and loan words in foreign languages, I have to believe it's all inevitably going to lead to some bastardized global dialect. Probably one including emojis.

Also this guy.

Grape fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 25, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My [28F] husband [28M] "snowchecked" a brand new snowmobile without consulting me.

quote:

I asked for advice yesterday and my post was locked in the other advice sub, but not before everyone was mean to me about being a stay at home mom. Ill try again here and maybe this sub has better advice.

I just found out today when he got an email that his "snowcheck" was ready to ship. i was using his phone to cast youtube to the TV when the notification showed up. Curious what a "snowcheck" was and thinking I had no secrets in my marriage, I opened the email to find out that last April he committed to pay $15,000 Canadian for a custom order snowmobile. This is a huge purchase and as far as I'm concerned, as his wife i should have been consulted first.

Let me start out by saying my husband is a little immature, but I'm beginning to suspect that he may have an addiction to snowmobiling.

He is constantly making immature comments in response to just about anything like, "braap" and "still going to send it". Its embarrassing in public. All he does when he gets home from work is watch snowmobile "fails" videos on his phone, and looking at parts websites for snowmobiles. He argues constantly on facebook in snowmobile groups with strangers and makes hundreds of snowmobile related memes a week to insult other brands. He insists on showing me all of them.

I should point out that my husband already has a snowmobile that is only a couple years old. When i confronted him about the purchase he made all kinds of excuses that mean nothing to me about how he would get made fun of this year if he was the only one of his friends riding an 800 when they all have 850s (whatever that means). He says he was scared to tell me because I am always complaining about his "passion" for snowmobiling.

When i got upset about the purchase he claims that its his money and he should be allowed to buy what he wants with it. He works in mining and makes really good money and I currently chose stay at home to watch our dog. He claims he has been putting away a little bit of money every pay for 2 years and with what he has saved plus the sale of his other snowmobile he can cover the cost, but i want him to grow up and stay home with me in the winter instead of spending so much time out on his addiction. If he has that kind of money saved he could spend it on something we could both use, like a maid for the house or a hot tub.

Our relationship is usually pretty good and hes an excellent husband and provider. He is very loyal and id hate to lose him over his decision to not cut snowmobile out of his life like i asked him to.

Its getting to the breaking point where his addiction and refusal to move on from it, is causing me to rethink our marriage.

TLDR: husband bought a new snowmobile without telling me and refuses to move on from his addiction.

each of these lines is one of her replies today or yesterday (my ordering)

quote:

he has to share money in a marriage. thats the law!

I wanted to sell LuLaRoe but my selfish husband thinks its a scam and wont pay for it.

This is ridiculous, every post I see on here people swamp to help the OP, but you guys are all attacking me! I think there is a prejudice against stay at home moms on this sub.

a dog mom is just as much a mom as a human mom. its 2019, i thought this world was different now!

dogs are really social animals and can become depressed if they dont have social interactions throughout the day. On top of that one time the dog door got jammed on the entrance rug, and if i wasnt home the dog would have been stuck in the yard all afternoon when he went out to pee.

would you leave a child at home alone?

to avoid animal cruelty like leaving him alone and he gets depressed? really?

If you must know, he asked me to leave my job a few years ago because i was having an emotional affair with a coworker and he found out. Hes the reason I dont work.

when you find a husband and get married and see how much work it is to maintain a marriage while being totally faithful, you would understand my perspective more. He works all day and i only see him after work on weekends.

I didn't cheat. it was an emotional affair. the most we did was cuddle and send flirting texts and emails.

It isn't cheating unless there is penetration. why are we even discussing this? this is about my husband being selfish.

I do. I take care of the dog. Its OUR house not my house. I expect him to do his share of the housework. Just like i expect him to share half his paycheck to my account. Thats not unreasonable.

i do my half of the housework, just like he has to do his half.

that doesn't seem fair to me. while hes off at work i have to do my half of the housework.

Pinecone Sample fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 25, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Palin family squabbles getting pretty cray cray.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

This is one of those posts where when I first started reading I was like 'haha wow, that guy is dumb, who spends that much on a snowmobile?' but then the dog mom thing, and the 'we could have had a maid!!!' and her replies make me go 'hell yeah dude, you spend like 20k on a snowmobile.'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"half his money is mine because we're married, that's the law. but he should spend his half of the money on something we can both use, like a maid, so that i don't have to do my half of the stay at home dog mom housework any more"

get the snowmobile and ride it into the sunset and leave your rig pig wife behind, man. go live the dream

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
stay at home dog mom.... Strong notes of Oblomov. Wow

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 25, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pinecone Sample posted:

each of these lines is one of her replies today or yesterday (my ordering)

Pinecone, you're a treasure for posting all her replies! I needed a good laugh today.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

feedmegin posted:

I agree that you should raise your children to speak Received Pronunciation, OP. Make sure they learn to spell things with a U in them, too.

Everyone knows the only correct accent is the Transatlantic. Everyone should go around talking like Cary Grant.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
According to https://www.goalcast.com/2018/07/19/differences-twin-flame-and-life-partner/

A twin flame is a person that 1) doesn't necessary love you, 2) causes you pain, and 3) is inescapable.

Its amazing what people will romanticize.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Motronic posted:

Everyone knows the only correct accent is the Transatlantic. Everyone should go around talking like Cary Grant.

Cary Grant has a light and pathetic Transatlantic Accent.

Behold the real thing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_iooSis7bk

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I always want to make fun of Katherine Hepburn as this symbol of hoity toity waspiness.
But then every time I read about her or watch an interview like that I can't help but realize that she actually owns. drat it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

teen witch posted:

Here I was thinking that here’s this burning (burning), an eternal flame?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Power Khan posted:

AITA for getting pissed off at my GF because she was masturbating while she kept me waiting downstairs?

Lol. Dude's girlfriend admitted she's super horny and was masturbating to him and his only reaction is anger over "wasting his time" before they got breakfast, not pulling down her panties that very moment. 😂😂

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wow, snowmobile wife's descent into being TA was gradual but certain, didn't see that one coming.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I (24M) feel like my girlfriend (28F) is trying to hint at me for something

quote:

I became official two weeks ago with my current girlfriend. She has been obsessed with me since we met. We’ve had sex a few times then and has mentioned she’s had an IUD. We’re just constantly talking about each other all the time.

Although tonight she has asked what I thought about weddings and engagement rings. She has brought it up a couple of times about the ring part.

After sex I was thinking about why she was asking that. I have a weird feeling and it’s on my mind.

Am I just overthinking stuff? Am I just paranoid?

TL;DR: new girlfriend and I just had sex, then brings up the topic of rings and weddings right after. I feel paranoid

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention is that she had a kid already and didn’t want anymore we’ve both mutually agreed on before we started dating.

UPDATE: I went to talk to her about it this morning. I brought up that the matter was bothering me. She hasn’t lied to me about anything so far. When I brought up the matter her, she did get a bit emotional about it. We had come to the conclusion that we were not meant for each other and decided to end it. I don’t feel that paranoia now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

And so begins the stalking.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

La Brea Carpet posted:

I (24M) feel like my girlfriend (28F) is trying to hint at me for something

Bullet dodged Matrix style.

As a woman I'm the last person on the planet to call people out for lying about BC, staging fake pregnancies or trying to trap men with babies, but this lady seems just the right kind of crazy to try that poo poo

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
yeah while I understand the urge to blame everything on anime, all my 'twin flame' searches just look like new age bullshit

like result number 5 is Goop lol

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My grandparents always used to call children who act/speak overly proper "Little Lord Fauntleroy"

I finally looked it up and watched a clip, I can't even understand the way they talk in this movie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Twin flames" = "two borderline people in a room"

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Pick posted:

"Twin flames" = "two borderline people in a room"

Yeah reading a few twin flames websites just had me thinking "this sounds a lot like the girl I dated freshman year of college"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I(33m)need to divorce my wife(32f) after seeing something I wasn't supposed to.

quote:

Hey guys I hope you can help me, I'm in a bit of bind with no end in sight. I love my wife but I can't do this anymore. We met 6 years ago, been together ever since. We have twin girls(2 years old) and we've been married for about 18 months.

Between the 4th and 8th of June(can't remember exactly) she asked me set a timer on her phone to time our dinner. When I opened the phone, I opened it to a WhatsApp conversation with her pen pal from Australia(We're British and never met the woman). They were talking about sex and her friend was talking about her boyfriend's dick and the size of it; my girlfriend with and I quote: "I wish his was a tad larger at times but it's still decent enough." Her friend said she should find someone who does and my wife replied no, she's loves me and she's not doing that. Well I'm making the choice for her.

Goodbye want for sex, goodbye self-confidence; it was nice knowing you guys. She can pine over wanting a bigger dick without me. I have never felt so lovely about myself in my entire life. She let me believe I was satisfying her when she was secretly wishing I was better, so in essence she's a liar, I have no trust for a liar. I need an excuse to get out of this when she inevitably asks why I'm leaving her, she cannot know I saw those messages. Thanks.

TLDR: Saw a message from my wife stating she isn't sexually satisfied, it's not worth my emotions and I want to bail, how can I tell her without her knowing about me seeing the message.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Pinecone Sample posted:

I(33m)need to divorce my wife(32f) after seeing something I wasn't supposed to.

Nice meltdown.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That guy might just be one of the worst overreactions posted here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She must secretly love his little dick because his personality sure seems suspect.