Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ok but what is david allen greers opinion on brexit

e: cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

It's pretty hilarious watching supposed expert political commentators & anonymous MP's read their own personal fantasies into events, rather than just looking at the Labour party rules for a simple explanation:

jabby posted:

Also worth remembering that if Corbyn was ever incapacitated/died/got murdered like the press are all hoping for, Watson would inherit the leadership. Which includes the right to nominate a big chunk of the NEC. He would absolutely try to use the leader's position to rig the next leader election, including changing the rules if necessary and arm-twisting as many MPs as possible to keep a left-wing candidate off the slate. It would be a complete disaster and one of the few ways the right could re-assert control of the party against the membership.

It's also totally why he's been squatting in the deputy leader job despite not doing any of the work.

But no, instead of learning this boring politics stuff let's just write Twitter fanfic about ousting the dangerous Corbyn!

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Firos posted:

The spectre of CUKTIG looms large over every labour MP who is thinking of defecting. They're utterly craven and devoid of ideas. They won't leave the party unless they're going to be booted out anyway.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1175175337900171268

CUK 2: CUK Harder

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is really humourous those idiot journalists moaning about how Labour needs to be united, and conveniently forgetting that Watson did everything he could to divide whenever he could be bothered to turn up.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Is this another parody account?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lol if these cunts want to deselect themselves then by all means, go ahead.

My money is still on them just whingeing about it tho.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Firos posted:

The spectre of CUKTIG looms large over every labour MP who is thinking of defecting. They're utterly craven and devoid of ideas. They won't leave the party unless they're going to be booted out anyway.

Mind you, the Lib Dems are advertising hard, so we may see a few defections to them.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Darth Walrus posted:

Mind you, the Lib Dems are advertising hard, so we may see a few defections to them.

Yeah but they’re still all going to lose their seats lol.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

https://twitter.com/graham_budden/status/1175178522333200387

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

It's gonna be really funny if Cummings actually had something prepared to 'totally overshadow' Labour's conference as promised, and it ends up overshadowing a big row about Watson instead.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

It's gonna be really funny if Cummings actually had something prepared to 'totally overshadow' Labour's conference as promised, and it ends up overshadowing a big row about Watson instead.

That, or he's enough of a brain genius that we'll see the e-mails between him and Watson in a couple of days.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I get why Watson has to go, I just wish it didn’t have to happen at one of the most crucial party conferences ever.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Comrade Fakename posted:

I get why Watson has to go, I just wish it didn’t have to happen at one of the most crucial party conferences ever.

well earlier would have been better obviously, but here we are

like you get why it's kind of important right now right? Dude was literally briefing against the party position on brexit and a referendum the other week

bump_fn posted:

ok but what is david allen greers opinion on brexit

e: cat

is that probe cat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Him going is part of why the conference is important, conference is a chance to change how the labour party works, it's not just a PR thing.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Love how in this day and age "journalists" just get to make poo poo up like lol here's a fake screenie of a whatsapp conversation (there's several websites to create those), insider scoop 100% real no fake, hear all about it here

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

sky

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Guavanaut posted:

I have more than that in our joint. :smug:

That's a lot of weed! :aaa:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Chaos with Ed Milliband :banjo:

Good call, could use some chaos right about now

it's a polish band which also seems somehow fitting

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

baka kaba posted:

like you get why it's kind of important right now right? Dude was literally briefing against the party position on brexit and a referendum the other week

Let's not forget writing open letters accusing Jenny Formby of covering for antisemites while she was undergoing cancer treatment, when the truth is McNicholl was intentionally sitting on complaints to make the party look bad.

Or of asking Labour MPs to route complaints of antisemitism to him specifically, in breach of data protection law.

The guy is an absolute top-class arsehole, and if things have been quiet recently it's only because selection is currently happening. Once that's over he'll be right back at it.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

VideoGames posted:

It is really humourous those idiot journalists moaning about how Labour needs to be united, and conveniently forgetting that Watson did everything he could to divide whenever he could be bothered to turn up.
The PLP spent weeks before the initial attempt at a chicken coup dropping heavier and heavier hints that Hillary Benn was going to resign with a big passionate speech about how he could tragically no-longer serve under this odious extremist, and that was going to be the signal for them to resign en masse and tell Corbyn he had to go, and then when Corbyn denied him the satisfaction and sacked him instead the media collectively swooned in shock and reported it as 'Ruthless Corbyn Shatters Party Unity with Totally Unexpected Firing of Shadow Minister'.

None of them ever loving learn, it's so goddamn infuriating.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm the reporter whose life is so full I haven't changed my WhatsApp background

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Ratjaculation posted:

Maybe I'm super boring but it's never even occurred to me to change my WhatsApp background.

As further evidence, my desktop PC's background is solid black.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Ratjaculation posted:

:aaa: you can do that?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I didnt know you could do that either. whats yours?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ratjaculation posted:

Listen here buddy

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Just played about with backgrounds. There's a solid colour option but black is not one of the options. very disappointed

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Reveilled posted:

Just played about with backgrounds. There's a solid colour option but black is not one of the options. very disappointed

It's the first option for me

Well, kinda charcoal

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Reveilled posted:

Maybe I'm super boring but it's never even occurred to me to change my WhatsApp background.

As further evidence, my desktop PC's background is solid black.

Never knew you could do it either.

Then again my PC desktop background is the default windows logo thing, which is arguably even more :effort: than a black one, sooo.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Private Speech posted:

Never knew you could do it either.

Then again my PC desktop background is the default windows logo thing, which is arguably even more :effort: than a black one, sooo.

This is upsetting and horrifying to me. I know goon projects always fail but please, we have to band together to get this goon something, anything, other than a default windows background.

e; Holy poo poo if you didn't already think John Humphrys was a total wanker;

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 21, 2019

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

What'll actually happen is there'll be an election at some point soon and THEN all the fuckers will resign from the Labour party and join the LDs or start some other wanky centrist party, regardless of the election result.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1175179710285983745
There is no way a significant chunk of the PLP have the balls to break away from Labour right before a snap election.
Peston is good if you want an accurate view of what the ongoing situation is and what MPs are saying about it. He is absolutely terrible at predictions however.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I didnt know you could do that either. whats yours?
Jose can provide some excellent reference images.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Isn't Corbyn very unpopular now?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Finally, the hard evidence we've been searching for, from a source I trust implicitly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

This is upsetting and horrifying to me. I know goon projects always fail but please, we have to band together to get this goon something, anything, other than a default windows background.

e; Holy poo poo if you didn't already think John Humphrys was a total wanker;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bprlbf/steamed_hams_wallpaper/

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/patmcfaddenmp/status/1175142470574891008
Could you be more of a disingenuous gently caress

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

JBP posted:

If you go by polling he's as unpopular now as he was before the 2017 GE but the hundreds of thousands on the street for Climate strikes today were chanting "Oh Jeremy Corbyn."

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Yeah and got literally no support from anyone for it. I don’t think Watson was going to be a big deal at this conference, now he’s the headline. Obviously this talk of 100+ MPs splitting are nonsense, but even if only one or two do it will be a big deal. Of course in reality there’s no comparison, but many will see both Labour and Tories in disarray and think they’re as bad as each other. This conference was meant to be about how Labour were ascendant, now it might be about how they’re collapsing, at least in popular conception.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JBP posted:

Gammons really hate him. Liberals loathe him. The PLP hate him because he has the audacity to not be a careerist with no interest in the working poor. His personal polling numbers are poor but also irrelevant, the only people who vote for Jeremy Corbyn are in Islington & they loving love him. Within the party membership, the people who voted for him in 2015 and then again in 2016 still support him. Or rather still support a leftward swing from the Labour Party to counter 40 miserable years of neoliberalism, it's not really about Jeremy Corbyn as a bloke. Frankly if he announces he's stepping down during Conference I'm not going to be too fussed with Watson gone I have confidence in the left getting another candidate nominated and the membership getting them elected.

We've literally never been closer to power in this country. And by we I mean the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Normally maybe but a few MPs riding off into the sunset isn't such a big deal after all the defections that have happened recently. Labour MPs leaving now are achieving nothing more than deselection and political obscurity.